5.9

Rated

address unknown
city, ON 00000
000-000-0000

As an IUI patient, I never saw Dr. Nemiro. I saw him twice and once was for the consultation. He was not involved in my care aside from approving medication.... He was not open to changing my dosage throughout a cycle (so if you're on 150 Follistim, you will stay on 150 Follistim, it won't increase or decrease according to your response). I felt like he was not flexible and treated me according to a pre-set formula of how a woman my age should respond, rather than recognizing I wasn't responding (6 times) and my treatment was never aggressive enough due to my age and high AFC.
There is a difference in cost for IUI cycles with injectibles and IUIs with oral medication [at AZ Center for Fertility]. The IUI itself is only $248 regardless of injectibles or oral meds. Sperm thaw is $100. Sperm wash is $256. Monitoring for oral med cycles is $327. Monitoring for injectible cycles is $540. So IUI costs can range from $931-$1144, which doesn't include the cost of medications.
How was your experience with Jay Nemiro (retired) at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies?
Dr. Nemiro is very intelligent, but he was not at all involved in my treatment aside from assigning medications. He was not open to changing my dosage throughout a cycle (so if you're on 150 Follistim, you will stay on 150 Follistim, it won't increase or decrease according to your response). I felt like he was not flexible and treated me according to a pre-set formula of how a woman my age should respond, rather than recognizing I wasn't responding (6 times) and my treatment was never aggressive enough due to my age and high AFC.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jay Nemiro (retired) at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies?
Ask questions and demand to see him if you're doing IUIs. You can get a lot of valuable information from him and explanations, but you have to call him yourself or ask to see him specifically, otherwise you will likely never see him. He is a nice man, but the lack of flexibility in medications and lack of communication was not for me.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jay Nemiro (retired) at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies?
As an IUI patient, I never saw Dr. Nemiro. I saw him twice and once was for the consultation. He was not involved in my care aside from approving medication. I felt like a number since I was hardly ever spoken to by my doctor. However, his RN, Jennifer, was lovely and very caring. She was understanding and positive about our situation.
Describe the protocols Jay Nemiro (retired) used in your cycles at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies and their degree of success.
I started with 50 mg Clomid with IUI, then second cycle 5 mg Femara with IUI, then 5 mg Femara with home insemination, then 5 mg Femara with IUI, then 75IU Follistim and finally 150IU Follistim.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
Jennifer has been through infertility herself and therefore was very compassionate and caring. She is a highly detailed person, which I very much appreciated about her. I wouldn't have wanted to go through treatment with anyone else. While I was disappointment in Dr. Nemiro's lack of involvement, I very much trusted and appreciated Jennifer.
Describe your experience with Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
This clinic can be a bit disorganized at times and details can slip through the cracks. Scheduling is very easy and quick, I never had a problem getting an appointment when I needed it. Everyone seems to care and want you to be successful, as a whole, I liked the clinic, but I'm moving onto another doctor that I think might be a better fit for me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jay Nemiro (retired) at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
There is a difference in cost for IUI cycles with injectibles and IUIs with oral medication. The IUI itself is only $248 regardless of injectibles or oral meds. Sperm thaw is $100. Sperm wash is $256. Monitoring for oral med cycles is $327. Monitoring for injectible cycles is $540. So IUI costs can range from $931-$1144, which doesn't include the cost of medications.
What specific things went wrong at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
Our IUIs were often running late (and this clinic does IUIs later than most clinics, at 42-43 hours. Often my IUIs were scheduled for 42 hours, but didn't occur until 43-44 hours. I question the quality of some of the equipment at this clinic, one room has updated equipment and the rest of the rooms are a bit lacking in this area and seem to be stuck in the 1980s. Due to the continuous low counts using donor sperm from multiple donors and from multiple clinics, I question equipment quality and/or staff that are responsible for sperm washing. We were initially told that IUIs were much cheaper than they actually ended up being since they failed to include the costs for monitoring, along with sperm thaw and sperm wash (thaw and wash are something that many clinics do not charge for in this area).
Scottsdale

I saw Dr Nemiro maybe twice throughout the many IUI’s I did with the practice. He has a canned speech he gives everyone and pushes for high tech procedures. He runs very late and the waiting room is packed...If you are ready to jump straight to IVF then he may be the Dr for you...He put me on oral meds for 2 cycles and then to daily HMG injections. The thinking being more eggs giving higher chance of pregnancy. I produced 4 follicles each time and did IUI’s.
The nurses [at Arizone Center for Fertility Studies] ran the show. Gina was very nice and caring. Unfortunately the clinic was missing my ovulation each time so the IUI’s were a waste of time and money. The clinic makes you come in on cycle day 1-3 for a baseline US and then every other day and still this mistake was made. The amount of time put in to getting so many ultrasounds was very difficult on me. Michelle the financial coordinator was very brash and came across as uncaring. They will not work with your insurance at all for any testing.
If you are ready to jump straight to IVF then he may be the Dr for you. Just be prepared for long waits.
The waiting room was always full, the wait was always at least 30 minutes, I felt like cattle being moved through the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies. (Assigned nurse: Gina)
Gina is very caring and empathetic. She takes her time to explain things and is a great asset to the clinic. Unfortunately, the office still uses paper and things seemed unorganized at times.
Describe your experience with Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
The nurses ran the show. Gina was very nice and caring. Unfortunately the clinic was missing my ovulation each time so the IUI’s were a waste of time and money. The clinic makes you come in on cycle day 1-3 for a baseline US and then every other day and still this mistake was made. The amount of time put in to getting so many ultrasounds was very difficult on me. Michelle the financial coordinator was very brash and came across as uncaring. They will not work with your insurance at all for any testing.
Each IUI was around $1500-2000 They charged more for cycles using injectables due to more ultrasound appts.
What specific things went wrong at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies?
The initial nurse I saw for the first IUI was not Gina. She didn’t introduce herself and was very unpleasant. She even dropped my husband’s sample on the ground. I requested not to see her again for any future appts.
Scottsdale
He [Dr. Nemiro] was very kind, very optimistic for us. Unfortunately he was wrong and we have not been successful. He always took time for us, always called and offered compassionate responses to our questions. We are very disappointed in the outcome at this point and are feeling like no one can help us.... I felt he always took Care to call and explain what was happening. At the end of it all we have been unsuccessful and it’s just over.
They [AZ Center for Fertility Nurses] were amazing. I loved Gina and Melinda the most. I always felt like they were rooting for us to be successful....Strengths: compassion, great nursing staff, communication. Weakness: prices are very high. They do work with you and Dr Nemiro was very nice and offered to help reduce our prices at times to help us.... I felt he [Dr. Nemiro] always took Care to call and explain what was happening.
He was very kind, very optimistic for us. Unfortunately he was wrong and we have not been successful. He always took time for us, always called and offered compassionate responses to our questions. We are very disappointed in the outcome at this point and are feeling like no one can help us.
Ask questions! He will answer them all
They were amazing. I loved Gina and Melinda the most. I always felt like they were rooting for us to be successful.