Jay S. Schinfeld

Lancaster
1059 Columbia Ave, PA
Lancaster, PA 17603
215-887-2010
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jay S. Schinfeld to a friend?
Neutral: 100%8

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Abington Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
2012 - 2013
He [Dr. Schinfeld] is a brilliant doctor who knows his information. He was nice but conversation seemed a little "scripted". I wish he would have given us more preparation for the chances of a failed IVF. He seemed SO positive we'd have good results (and we did on the second IVF), but weren't prepared that it could fail. We were naive. I felt under his care that many times the nurses ran the show and made decisions. I was new to the infertility crowd so didn't always realize that perhaps he reviewed my case more than I knew.
2012 - 2013
How was your experience with Jay S. Schinfeld at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
He is a brilliant doctor who knows his information. He was nice but conversation seemed a little "scripted". I wish he would have given us more preparation for the chances of a failed IVF. He seemed SO positive we'd have good results (and we did on the second IVF), but weren't prepared that it could fail. We were naive. I felt under his care that many times the nurses ran the show and made decisions. I was new to the infertility crowd so didn't always realize that perhaps he reviewed my case more than I knew. Because most appointments were with the nurses, I felt this way. I wish we had more appointments together or even periodic phone calls on progress. In the end he gave us a daughter so while we had issues, the result speaks for itself. For this I am forever grateful to him and his staff/fellow colleagues who also gave input. Last but not least, since I was "new", I wish he or someone would have given me the run down of IVF (i.e. what to expect). I learned on the fly by experience and wish I had knew what I was getting into (specifically the mental aspect of things).
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jay S. Schinfeld at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Don't expect that you'll see him often. If you have questions that you feel he as the doctor should answer, don't hesitate to ask for HIM to call you back. Know that he has vast knowledge and you are in good hands if you expect results...however also know he may have inflated confidence and prepare yourself for disappointment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jay S. Schinfeld at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
While he was very nice, it seemed slightly "scripted".
Describe the protocols Jay S. Schinfeld used in your cycles at Abington Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
It's been a long while but I did lower does of Gonal F and had good response. Somewhere I have detailed information on protocol I used. I think it was a pretty standard one though.
Because I was new, I wish someone would have explained better what to expect and how a typical cycle works. I learned as I went and this was difficult. They do this every day for a living but need to remember I have never experienced this before. They were however kind, informative and answered the questions I did ask.
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
Their billing department was a nightmare. Mistakes were made and phone calls not returned. The admin could be nicer and more compassionate. It would be nice to see the doctors a bit more on routine follow ups/monitoring vs usually a nurse. Their strengths are their doctors and their knowledge....the place could be ran a little better and communication better.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jay S. Schinfeld at Abington Reproductive Medicine.
We paid 100% out of pocket for IVF (two). Insurance covered most of the medications and the IUIs.
Describe Jay S. Schinfeld's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Abington Reproductive Medicine.
They recommended only 1 to 2 at a time.
What specific things went wrong at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Jay S. Schinfeld
Abington Reproductive Medicine
Lansdale

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jay S. Schinfeld at Abington Reproductive Medicine.