Fertility Center of San Antonio

FellowshipBaylor Colloege
San Antonio
4499 Medical Dr
San Antonio, TX 78229
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jaye Adams to a friend?
Don't recommend: 100%4.4
2.9

4.7

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Center of San Antonio to a friend?
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
It’s not that Dr. Adams isn’t nice. I just feel like she didn’t know anything about my medical history. She didn’t show me the screen during follicle checks. Never explained my labs or where she wanted the numbers to be. ... You must be assertive concerning your care. I also hope you have a thick skin because I think she commented on my weight at every appointment I had with her. ... If this had been my first experience with fertility treatment, I would have been totally lost about what was going on.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Jaye Adams at Brooke Army Medical Center?
It’s not that Dr. Adams isn’t nice. I just feel like she didn’t know anything about my medical history. She didn’t show me the screen during follicle checks. Never explained my labs or where she wanted the numbers to be. If this had been my first experience with fertility treatment, I would have been totally lost about what was going on.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jaye Adams at Brooke Army Medical Center?
Be ready to do your own research about treatments and labs. You must be assertive concerning your care. I also hope you have a thick skin because I think she commented on my weight at every appointment I had with her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jaye Adams at Brooke Army Medical Center?
Appointments felt very rushed. I feel like she didn’t know anything about me at my appointments.
Describe the protocols Jaye Adams used in your cycles at Brooke Army Medical Center and their degree of success.
I did one IUI cycle with letrozole 7.5 mg daily. I had one mature follicle for insemination. Not successful. Then there were two cycles with the same protocol, but were converted to TI because of the holidays and limitations of the clinic. I then did two IUI cycles with 7.5 mg letrozole CD 5-9 and Follistim 75 units CD 10-13. One cycle still resulted in only one mature follicle and the other, two mature for insemination. Both unsuccessful. All three IUI cycles were done with Ovidrel trigger as well.
The nursing staff was fine. They were nice enough, but I wouldn’t say they were “excellent.” I didn’t have too much interaction with the nurses, though.
Describe your experience with Brooke Army Medical Center.
The REI clinic and Brooke Army Medical Center is nice for military affiliated patients because IUI is free there and IVF is significantly reduced. Medications are included free of charge through a grant program for all services. But honestly, I think the care overall is sub-par.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jaye Adams at Brooke Army Medical Center.
There is no cost for IUI at BAMC. Medications are included as we’ll. Only military connected patients can be seen here.
What specific things went wrong at Brooke Army Medical Center?
Brooke Army Medical Center
Fort Sam Houston

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jaye Adams at Brooke Army Medical Center.

Knowledgeable doctor about fertility issues. She [Dr. Jaye Adams] was gentle during the testing and procedure. Straightforward. Just too busy and treated you like another number not a person. Scheduled my iui too late after ovulation....Didn’t get to pick appointments. Last minute changes were frequent. Doctor too busy to see me and had to reschedule at times.
How was your experience with Jaye Adams at Brooke Army Medical Center?
Knowledgeable doctor about fertility issues. She was gentle during the testing and procedure. Straightforward. Just too busy and treated you like another number not a person. Scheduled my iui too late after ovulation.
Speak up.
Describe your experience with Brooke Army Medical Center.
Military clinic; treats for numbers not compassion; hard to get scheduled for IUI. IVF is the focus of the clinic. Prices go up every year for lower quality service and less doctors. You will often be told doctors are too busy and to wait until next cycle.
Describe Jaye Adams's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brooke Army Medical Center.
Clinic only does single.
What specific things went wrong at Brooke Army Medical Center?
Brooke Army Medical Center