Tufts University

San Antonio
4499 Medical Dr
San Antonio, TX 78229

Treated 2020
They [staff at Fertility Center of San Antonio] were all excellent and very attentive...kind and helpful. They treated me like a human not a number. Each and every staff member are very respectful with handling such a sensitive issue of fertility. Very responsive in a timely manner...We did ivf with her [Dr. Jaye Adams] and I’m now 12 weeks pregnant at the moment...I loved her she was absolutely the best. Very attentive, kind and helpful. When I had concerns or any type of questions she answered in a way that I could understand. Meaning no long doctor terms she broke everything down for me...Don’t wait any longer make your first step with her.
How was your experience with Jaye Adams at Fertility Center of San Antonio?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jaye Adams at Fertility Center of San Antonio?
Don’t wait any longer make your first step with her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jaye Adams at Fertility Center of San Antonio?
They were kind and very attentive. Listened to every question and answered very nicely.
Describe the protocols Jaye Adams used in your cycles at Fertility Center of San Antonio and their degree of success.
We did ivf with her and I’m now 12 weeks pregnant at the moment.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Center of San Antonio.
They were all excellent and very attentive.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of San Antonio.
Very attentive, kind and helpful. They treated me like a human not a number. Each and every staff member are very respectful with handling such a sensitive issue of fertility. Very responsive in a timely manner.
Fertility Center of San Antonio
San Antonio
Treated 2017 - 2018
It’s not that Dr. Adams isn’t nice. I just feel like she didn’t know anything about my medical history. She didn’t show me the screen during follicle checks. Never explained my labs or where she wanted the numbers to be. ... You must be assertive concerning your care. I also hope you have a thick skin because I think she commented on my weight at every appointment I had with her. ... If this had been my first experience with fertility treatment, I would have been totally lost about what was going on.
The REI clinic and Brooke Army Medical Center is nice for military affiliated patients because IUI is free there and IVF is significantly reduced. Medications are included free of charge through a grant program for all services. But honestly, I think the care overall is sub-par. ... There was a time they forgot to put the orders in for my labs that were to be completed at 6:00 AM. I had to go sit in the clinic and wait until 7:30 AM when a nurse arrives to put the orders in.
How was your experience with Jaye Adams at Brooke Army Medical Center?
It’s not that Dr. Adams isn’t nice. I just feel like she didn’t know anything about my medical history. She didn’t show me the screen during follicle checks. Never explained my labs or where she wanted the numbers to be. If this had been my first experience with fertility treatment, I would have been totally lost about what was going on.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jaye Adams at Brooke Army Medical Center?
Be ready to do your own research about treatments and labs. You must be assertive concerning your care. I also hope you have a thick skin because I think she commented on my weight at every appointment I had with her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jaye Adams at Brooke Army Medical Center?
Appointments felt very rushed. I feel like she didn’t know anything about me at my appointments.
Describe the protocols Jaye Adams used in your cycles at Brooke Army Medical Center and their degree of success.
I did one IUI cycle with letrozole 7.5 mg daily. I had one mature follicle for insemination. Not successful. Then there were two cycles with the same protocol, but were converted to TI because of the holidays and limitations of the clinic. I then did two IUI cycles with 7.5 mg letrozole CD 5-9 and Follistim 75 units CD 10-13. One cycle still resulted in only one mature follicle and the other, two mature for insemination. Both unsuccessful. All three IUI cycles were done with Ovidrel trigger as well.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brooke Army Medical Center.
The nursing staff was fine. They were nice enough, but I wouldn’t say they were “excellent.” I didn’t have too much interaction with the nurses, though.
Describe your experience with Brooke Army Medical Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jaye Adams at Brooke Army Medical Center.
There is no cost for IUI at BAMC. Medications are included as we’ll. Only military connected patients can be seen here.
What specific things went wrong at Brooke Army Medical Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brooke Army Medical Center.
There was a time they forgot to put the orders in for my labs that were to be completed at 6:00 AM. I had to go sit in the clinic and wait until 7:30 AM when a nurse arrives to put the orders in. There was a time Dr. Adams told me follicle sizes that differed from what she told me at my next follicle check.
Brooke Army Medical Center
Fort Sam Houston
Treated 2016 - 2017
Knowledgeable doctor about fertility issues. She [Dr. Jaye Adams] was gentle during the testing and procedure. Straightforward. Just too busy and treated you like another number not a person. Scheduled my iui too late after ovulation....Didn’t get to pick appointments. Last minute changes were frequent. Doctor too busy to see me and had to reschedule at times.
Military clinic [Brooke Army Medical Center]; treats for numbers not compassion; hard to get scheduled for IUI. IVF is the focus of the clinic. Prices go up every year for lower quality service and less doctors. You will often be told doctors are too busy and to wait until next cycle...Clinic only does single [embryo transfer]...Didn’t get to pick appointments. Last minute changes were frequent. Doctor too busy to see me and had to reschedule at times.
How was your experience with Jaye Adams at Brooke Army Medical Center?
Knowledgeable doctor about fertility issues. She was gentle during the testing and procedure. Straightforward. Just too busy and treated you like another number not a person. Scheduled my iui too late after ovulation.
Speak up.
Describe your experience with Brooke Army Medical Center.
Military clinic; treats for numbers not compassion; hard to get scheduled for IUI. IVF is the focus of the clinic. Prices go up every year for lower quality service and less doctors. You will often be told doctors are too busy and to wait until next cycle.
Describe Jaye Adams's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brooke Army Medical Center.
Clinic only does single.
What specific things went wrong at Brooke Army Medical Center?
Brooke Army Medical Center