6.3

Rockville, MD 20850
301.340.1188

1 patient review filtered by:

Treated 2014 - 2015
We thought she [Dr. O'Brien] was a very compassionate and knowledgeable doctor.... I guess my feelings are mixed. She was a wonderful person and doctor, but I also feel like she was trying to get us to spend the most amount of money.... She said "since we could get pregnant" she thought the 3 IUIS should work. If not, she would suggest IVF. After the IUIS failed she basically said all of our numbers were excellent and we should have gotten pregnant. Therefore our "chemicals do not mix" so we should do IVF with ICI.
They [Shady Grove Fertility] have a lot of people coming in and out of there. They make things as quick and painless as possible. It is great to be able to do all of the procedures in the same building with the same people. I think they could make you feel like less of a dollar sign, if anything.... We had two or three different nurses. They kept quitting, so it was hard to keep tract. The one I remember, I believe her name was Effie was very sweet and helpful.
How was your experience with Jeanne O'Brien at Shady Grove Fertility?
We thought she was a very compassionate and knowledgeable doctor. We did not know at the time of our first appointment that we were actually already pregnant. Unfortunately that pregnancy ended in a partial mole. I think she then based her recommendations on what most people do. I guess my feelings are mixed. She was a wonderful person and doctor, but I also feel like she was trying to get us to spend the most amount of money. I am sure if we ended up with a baby my story would be different though.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeanne O'Brien at Shady Grove Fertility?
Take everything with a grain of salt and do your own research to be sure you are on the same page.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeanne O'Brien at Shady Grove Fertility?
She did a good job making us feel "human" at the time. Looking back, I feel like we were more of a number though. I feel like it is kind of scripted. They just want to make money, so the pick the most expensive option.
Describe the protocols Jeanne O'Brien used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
They have a lot of people coming in and out of there. They make things as quick and painless as possible. It is great to be able to do all of the procedures in the same building with the same people. I think they could make you feel like less of a dollar sign, if anything.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeanne O'Brien at Shady Grove Fertility.
I know the IUIS cost $4000 as we had to get a loan. I believe our insurance covered most of the pre testing. Clomid and other medications ran about $500.
Rockville