6.3

9601 Blackwell Road, 4th and 5th floors
Rockville, MD 20850
301.340.1188

2014 - 2017, Successful
Working with Dr. O'Brien was great. She is dedicated, passionate and very clear regarding expectation...I would not hesitate to recommend her. She was straightforward and clear regarding what to expect and made sure we were aware of all of the potential variables that factored into the decision making process. It is helpful to educate yourself about the process and leverage Dr. O'Brien's expertise. Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions.
the billing department, and admin staff [at Shady Grove] treated us like a number. We were often overbilled without explanation...Our nurses were great...we have had a positive experience. However there were occasions where the admin staff provided information that was incorrect. For example we received a bill for storage costs for a frozen embryo. This was a shock to us as we did not actually have any embryos that were able to be frozen.
How was your experience with Jeanne O'Brien at Shady Grove Fertility?
She is great. I would not hesitate to recommend her. She was straightforward and clear regarding what to expect and made sure we were aware of all of the potential variables that factored into the decision making process.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeanne O'Brien at Shady Grove Fertility?
Do your homework. Be proactive. It is helpful to educate yourself about the process and leverage Dr. O'Brien's expertise. Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeanne O'Brien at Shady Grove Fertility?
Working with Dr. O'Brien was great. She is dedicated, passionate and very clear regarding expectation. However, the billing department, and admin staff treated us like a number. We were often overbilled without explanation.
Describe the protocols Jeanne O'Brien used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
I do not recall the treatment strategies.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Shady Grove Fertility.
Our nurses were great.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The admin and billing staff were sometimes less than helpful. We were often billed in advance for procedures and often the amount we were billed was not consistent with the final bill.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeanne O'Brien at Shady Grove Fertility.
It depended on if we had insurance coverage. Several of our initial cycles were covered. When not covered by insurance the costs were high (but expected).
Describe Jeanne O'Brien's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
No comment.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
In aggregate we have had a positive experience. However there were occasions where the admin staff provided information that was incorrect. For example we received a bill for storage costs for a frozen embryo. This was a shock to us as we did not actually have any embryos that were able to be frozen.

2014 - 2016, Unknown Success
Dr. O'Brien is a very competent doctor. We haven't gotten the results we have hoped for, but we're still in it. I'm still waiting on a call back for follow up treatment. I'm hoping for a new strategy or new answers....They [the staff at Shady Grove] are compassionate, but I still don't feel like I get all the answers I want. I'd like more explanation as to why they did things and how to strategize a new protocol for better results. Perhaps more testing, etc....My nurse is typical. Not overly compassionate, but helpful enough. I don't think she goes above and beyond, to her I think it's a job, but she is competent.
How was your experience with Jeanne O'Brien at Shady Grove Fertility?
Do your research and ask questions.
She is very kind and does call to discuss the results of each procedure. Some calls are immediate and other times waiting for a call back can take time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Shawn Thompson)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
They are compassionate, but I still don't feel like I get all the answers I want. I'd like more explanation as to why they did things and how to strategize a new protocol for better results. Perhaps more testing, etc.