Medical SchoolVanderbilt
Winston Salem
3333 Brookview Hills Blvd
Winston Salem, NC 27103
336-841-7070
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jeffrey Deaton to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Premier Fertility Centers to a friend?
Dr. Deaton was very thorough and took the time to meet with us and answer all of our questions. We never felt rushed and he was very thorough. When we asked him about risks or odds, he was honest and did not get our "hopes up" but was still optimistic about treatment options. He is very knowledgeable and empathetic.... He gave us an honest evaluation of our situation and changed our diagnosis from "unexplained infertility" to "diminished ovarian reserve." He said IVF was our best option (over IUI, etc.) but was not sure how my body would respond to medications and how many eggs I would produce, and the quality of them.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Deaton at Wake Forest University?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Deaton at Wake Forest University?
Ask any question you think of, even if you think it is a silly question. He can answer anything you are questioning or unsure of, and never makes you feel like it isn't a valid thing to question. It will really put your mind at ease, rather than wondering.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Deaton at Wake Forest University?
Dr. Deaton is wonderful. He is warm, caring and gives honest expectations. He made my husband and I feel very comfortable and honestly cared about our goals and giving us the best care he could.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Deaton used in your cycles at Wake Forest University and their degree of success.
I came to Dr. Deaton from a previous clinic that was very bad. He gave us an honest evaluation of our situation and changed our diagnosis from "unexplained infertility" to "diminished ovarian reserve." He said IVF was our best option (over IUI, etc.) but was not sure how my body would respond to medications and how many eggs I would produce, and the quality of them. However he said if I did not respond well to the meds we would not have to complete the transfer, but my body did respond reasonably well (I took Menopur, progesterone, estradiol, doxycycline) considering my AMH levels, so we went ahead with an egg retrieval. Our embryos were not developing well and I was brought in for a day 2 transfer. It was suggesting that I transfer all 3 formed embryos, however my husband and I decided to only transfer two so we did not risk having triplets. The two embryos transferred did not take, and the remaining embryo never formed enough to be frozen for future use. After this we took a few months off of everything and are now in the process of looking for donor embryos or donor eggs to proceed with a new IVF cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Wake Forest University. (Assigned nurse: Lauren Edington)
Lauren was wonderful. She was the main nurse we worked with, but we also had Roxanne who was great as well. Lauren was available 24/7 for questions and put us at ease with our medications. The training for medications was thorough and easy to understand. If we had questions about the steps after we left, she was easy to reach and happy to help. We could not have done the cycle without Lauren's help!
Describe your experience with Wake Forest University.
Wake Forest was a great clinic. The staff were always friendly and caring. Patty, the financial coordinator, was extremely helpful and warm. She answered all of our questions and made herself available whenever we needed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Deaton at Wake Forest University.
We spent approximately $9000 on the treatments and appointments at Wake Forest, and approximately $1700 on IVF medications. We received a discount on our medications through the clinic helping us sign up for a discount program at a pharmacy they work with frequently.
Describe Jeffrey Deaton's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Wake Forest University.
Our doctor worked with the embryologist to make a recommendation for how many embryos to transfer. He told us from the beginning that because my egg quality was unknown, they would make that "call" as the embryos were forming in order to give us the best odds. I think this was a smart approach, as we were informed of the risks of multiple transfers vs. increased odds, etc. and I believe they made the right decision based on the information at each stage.
Wake Forest University
Winston Salem
2012 - 2016
He [Dr Jeffrey Deaton] was great and thorough during the consultation. Because my treatment was minimal, the consultation was the only time I really had to see him...Come prepared with all the questions you may have and don't be afraid to call because they are willing to answer any of your treatment/insurance questions.
2012 - 2016
How was your experience with Jeffrey Deaton at Premier Fertility Centers?
He was great and thorough during the consultation. Because my treatment was minimal, the consultation was the only time I really had to see him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Deaton at Premier Fertility Centers?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Deaton at Premier Fertility Centers?
Dr. Deaton does a great job explaining all of the options and letting you decide which one is best for you. He cares more about how comfortable you are with a treatment than about how his success rates stack up to other doctors.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Deaton used in your cycles at Premier Fertility Centers and their degree of success.
1.) 2 monitored femara cycles with ultrasound and trigger shot - resulted in 6 week miscarriage 2.) 2 monitored femara cycles with ultrasound and trigger shot - resulted in pregnancy
Describe your experience with your nurse at Premier Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Paula)
Paula is wonderful! She makes you feel so comfortable and at ease, and she'll call you the same day if you have a question.
Describe your experience with Premier Fertility Centers.
Small clinic with great communication and they are very friendly!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Deaton at Premier Fertility Centers.
Insurance covered it! :)
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Deaton was compassionate and I felt as though he cared about my journey through infertility. He made no promises, but I knew regardless of the outcome that I was in good hands with him... Voice any concerns you have because he will take you seriously and explain things fully.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Jeffrey Deaton at Premier Fertility Centers?
Everyone on the team knew me- personally- from the receptionist to the lab staff to the doctors and nurses. It was a small operation that was personal from the start.
Paula was always empathetic and encouraging.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
[Dr. Deaton] was wonderful. We could not have asked for a more compassionate MD.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Jeffrey Deaton at Premier Fertility Centers?
He was wonderful. We could not have asked for a more compassionate MD.
He was concerned and honestly tried his hardest for us.
They called me back the same day and they were kind.