Medical SchoolUMDNJ
440-519-6800
8701 Darrow Road
Twinsburg, OH 44087
330-888-4000
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jeffrey Goldberg to a friend?

6.5

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center to a friend?
Dr. Goldberg listened to me and i can't express that enough. He also took time to explain what he "thought" was going on based on my history and what tests we would take to confirm or disprove this. After 3 "chemical pregnancies" he explained how these weren't miscarriages in the medical community but felt we could move forward with treating them instead of waiting for more to happen. Additionally, he was willing to work with me on a plan that i felt comfortable with so i felt like i had options and control.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Goldberg at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
I appreciated Dr. Goldberg taking the time to listen to me and to help me find the plan that worked for me and him. I appreciated that he did not jump to IUI or IVF, as I have friends who have had doctors do that. In talking about our plan, not only was he willing to adjust it BUT he was willing to speak to my concerns of the next steps if there were any setbacks. He made sure to be at my first follow up appointment and every ultra sound that we had once we had a pregnancy. He even rescheduled for me to make sure that i saw him as for one of the ultra sounds. he did give me the option of going to my OB after the first ultrasound but said he'd prefer for me to stay with him for one more before moving forward. I stayed with him for a second ultrasound as a precaution for myself and at 13 weeks transferred to my OB
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Goldberg at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
Be prepared. He won't just give you information freely, but if you ask a question he will answer it. He will answer as many questions as you have, however if you don't ask he may not mention something. YOu can always ask his nurse later, but i found him to be more responsive "in the appointment" than to go through his nurse.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Goldberg at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Goldberg used in your cycles at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I did two rounds of Clomid to help balance out my hormones. it was a 50 mg does that i started to take on day 3 - 7 of my cycle. we "tried" every day if not every other day from day 11 to day 18. my period immediately went from 21 days to 28 days after the first cycle. We had a hysteroscopy on day 7 of my first cycle. I did blood draws the day of my consultation, the first day of my period, the 3rd day of my period, and the 7 day. I should note Dr. Goldberg wanted to wait to start clomid until after these blood draws were complete as they were the ones that would confirm his suspicions on what was happening BUT i wanted to start right away. He agreed to let me start right away but warned me i have a higher risk of another chemical pregnancy if we don't know what's causing yet. we didn't conceive after the first cycle and repeated the clomid along with the blood draws. we conceived after the second cycle. we took hcg tests every other day for two weeks had an ultrasound at 6 weeks then blood draws every 4 days until 8 weeks. then did a second ultrasound at 9 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lily)
Lily was responsive and very straight forward. she did not have great bedside manner but she was polite. It wasn't lily, but a different nurse called to confirm my hysteroscopy and didn't remind me to take advil (and none was prescribed to me). i was unaware of the discomfort level of this procedure and wished someone would have been more forward about that so i could better prepare. i did the procedure with no advil or anything - i have made sure to warn my friends in a similar situation to take advil BEFORE the procedure as well as after or to ask for a prescription
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
The clinic was very friendly and helpful when i was present, however there were a couple of mishaps with communication and scheduling that was frustrating due to the time sensitivity of some of these test. there was one blood test they needed to be drawn on a specific day but the order didn't go through and i had to wait until the second cycle for me to get that blood test.
Twinsburg

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jeffrey Goldberg at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.

2012 - 2018
Dr. Goldberg was very understanding and communicative. We consulted with him twice for two rounds. The first one resulted in a live birth, the other is ongoing. He was very eager to answer any and all questions. Being that my wife is well educated and very good at research, he at times seemed a bit surprised at the detailed/informed questions he was asked but did a great job in answering them all. We were a bit surprised we did not see him face to face any more following the consultations. All in all, I feel Dr. Goldberg is a very comparable doctor.
2012 - 2018
I would say make sure you are well informed throughout the cycle and ask lots of questions about every step of the procedure.
Dr. Goldberg was very warm and informative. He answered all our questions and treated us very kindly. However, durning our first transfer, the doctor that performed the procedure (Dr. Austin) was anything but understanding or compassionate. She was very blunt and direct in letting us know that our case (we did a 'Mini - low dose with letrozole) was interfering with her case numbers. Basically, because we chose to do a 'Mini' that would screw up her numbers if it didn't result in a positive pregnancy and negatively reflect on the cases she had to report. It was very upsetting and disheartining to hear her cold bedside manner during a sensitive time for us both.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shoshana Berenholz BSN, RN)
All staff at The Cleveland Clinic seemed great. The only thing I might say about the staff overall is that the communication between everyone at times was a little lacking. I felt that if we weren't on top of things and asked questions at every step, things could be overlooked and not communicated completely.
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
Communication would be the one thing that stands out to me. At times I felt things weren't always communicated completely. I felt we had to make sure we asked lots of questions along the way about what was happening next and that we had the appropriate amount of drugs, etc. At other times, another part of the clinic seemed uniformed of ultrasounds ordered by a nurse that fell out of the normal procedure. Things like that surprised me given the reputation The Cleveland Clinic has.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Goldberg at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
Approximately $21,000
Describe Jeffrey Goldberg's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
During our first experience, we wanted to do a eSET, but the doctor performing the procedure (Dr. Austin) was very cold and blunt with her objection and as a result felt almost forced into a multiple ET. This did result in a live birth that we were so happy for, but the manner in which she presented it to us was very uncompassionate and insensitive.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis
He [Dr. Jeffrey Goldberg] is very prone to wanting to stick to natural routes or low doses of medication versus IVF. For someone with endometriosis and no Male factor that has tried for quite some time post-op with no success or only chemical pregnancies I would see that skipping IUI and going directly to IVF would make the most sense and he performs that work as well.... he's still a very warm doctor as far as compassion but at the same time is forward in what you need to hear. I think almost any patient wants exactly that.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis
He performed not only my laparoscopic excision surgery, which was coincidentally the FIRST time I met him (like 10 minutes before going onto the operating table lol), but he performed my ongoing care as a specialist as well and made sure that even if I was in panic mode to make time to get me in for an appointment. I would say the availability for an appointment was more flexible than phone calls or email's and that can be a catch 22.
To just be open, honest, and state what concerns you have or symptoms you're experiencing if pursuing care. I highly recommend if you suspect endometriosis having surgery done by him. It was a night and day difference, I have little to no scarring (you would never know I had a large endometrioma and stage 3 endo removed), and it had helped balance my hormones.
Despite being a high profile physician with an extensive list of accolades he's still a very warm doctor as far as compassion but at the same time is forward in what you need to hear. I think almost any patient wants exactly that. The only thing I didnt like is how much a corporate structure the Cleveland Clinic has that when you try to call and follow-up they only send messages to the nurses, which can take days to hear back (it's really unfortunate when you have urgent concerns), and if you write via MyChart that could take even longer but is not always guaranteed that they'll see it.
He is very prone to wanting to stick to natural routes or low doses of medication versus IVF. For someone with endometriosis and no Male factor that has tried for quite some time post-op with no success or only chemical pregnancies I would see that skipping IUI and going directly to IVF would make the most sense and he performs that work as well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Mary and Lilly. Mary was great and Lilly was always quite rude, would not follow-up in a timely fashion, was not sympathetic at all, and almost talked down to you as if you were a child during calls when asking valid questions about symptoms or your plan of care. )
Mary was pretty great overall and more likely to respond quickly when I'd call in and leave message with concerns. However, Lilly was almost always rude, wouldn't return messages or calls within a timely fashion (even if it involved urgent bloodwork on HCG levels to see if a miscarriage was happening - I don't believe waiting 3 days is valid then hearing it was because she simply didnt find time although I was marked ad high risk), she would also patronize you when asking valid questions about symptoms or your concerns for your plan of care. I would never recommend her and that was really my only true negative side to working with Dr. Goldberg.
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
I think that a patient should expect that almost corporate feel because of how large the Cleveland Clinic is. You will not get the same attention you most likely would or responsiveness that you'd see at a smaller facility. Although, I will say the pricing may be comparable or potentially less at the Cleveland Clinic due to smaller facilities bumping up prices. However, for surgery and continued ongoing care outside of something like IVF I would highly recommend them.
The costs were somewhat comparable to what I was quoted for other facilities. However, some smaller facilities within the area quoted even more. Both required paying all expenses upfront despite not knowing the outcome or if any eggs, sperm or embryos would even be viable for certain parts of the process OR if you'd have OHHS (ovarian hyperstimulation) that may cause a delay, surgery, or worse removal of reproductive organs in the most extreme conditions. Although, payment upfront seems to be common rather than paying for each part of the process as you go.
Not in particular. I know he would go thr route of a a single embryo for someone my age, despite having had endometriosis, but that's a huge push that places such as the Cleveland Clinic urge for as well.

2014 - 2017
Endometriosis, PCOS, Other, Unexplained
Dr. Goldberg made me feel comfortable throughout our multiple surgeries, treatments and consultations. I had met with the doctor for a consultation to have surgery on my septated uterus. After surgery dr. Goldberg allowed us to try with times intercourse and medication for 6months before starting IUI we did 4 IUI’s and then had another resection and started our IVF process. Any questions I had that nursing staff could not answer Dr. Goldberg would call me personally to give answers to questions I had about labs and changes in treatment.
2014 - 2017
Endometriosis, PCOS, Other, Unexplained
Be open and hosnest about your concerns. Ask questions, no question is “stupid”.
He was very compassionate and made our treatment plan personal to our situation.
Started with timed intercourse with blood work checking if I was ovulating for 6months. After surgery. Then added medicated timed intercourse for 6months. Then moved to a IUI with medication 4cycles. One IUI cycle with injectibles. Started IVF. Transferred two fresh embryos, ended in a chemical pregnancy. Then two months later transferred two frozen embryos - and now I have a health little boy. Thanks to the hard work of Dr. Goldberg and his staff
Describe your experience with your nurse at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Danielle is the nurse who did all my monitoring appointments )
She was always prompt and open with what changes could possibly be made due to the changes throughout my IvF cycle. She was awesome and I could be more thankful for all the phone calls she took to help ease my mind and anxiety
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
Strengths multiple sites, compassionate nurses and doctors, awesome response times to questions, team meeting everyday at the same time (so you knew around what time nursing would be calling to discuss any changes in your plan)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
I loved that I could do them before work and I would have the same nurse and ultrasound tech for monitoring unless it fell on a weekend.
I financed the process through arc fertility and and still paying it off. The IUI process we paid for as we went. The monitoring appointments were covered by my insurance as well as blood work.
My husband and I were able to pick if we wanted one or two embroys transferred.
Cleveland

He did not take the time to answer our questions. When we asked for basic blood work, he simply said it wasn’t necessary. We spent less than 30 minutes with him total before he prescribed us a fairly involved treatment. ... We did not feel cared for or heard. His workup was not very thorough. ... He really did not answer any of our questions, take a very detailed history, or spend much time with us at all before deciding on a treatment plan.
The first time we saw Dr. Goldberg, he offered us an HSG and semen analysis. I asked for blood work to check my hormones, which he said wasn’t necessary. When the HSG and SA came back fine but we still weren’t pregnant, he offered us medication plus IUI. I asked for hormone blood work again and also a baseline ultrasound and monitoring during the medicated cycle. He said that wasn’t necessary. He really did not answer any of our questions, take a very detailed history, or spend much time with us at all before deciding on a treatment plan.
I would recommend trying another doctor. If you do see him, be very prepared to assert yourself to get your questions answered.
We didn’t have much interaction with the nursing staff. A nurse took my vitals for each appointment, reviewed my current medications, and asked the reason for our visit. That was it.
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
I would pick your doctor carefully. The Cleveland Clinic has good success rates, but it seems personal experiences vary widely from doctor to doctor. I would recommend asking around to get personal recommendations.
We were charged about $150 for the office visit. The HSG was around $1800 total.
Solon

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Unexplained
First we tried provera cycles with intercouse at home. We then moved on to IUI with provera and trigger shots [with Dr. Jeffrey Goldberg]. The fourth IUI resulted in a positive pregnancy test, with a ectopic pregnancy. I had to have two rounds of methotrexate and I was monitored closely. Dr. Goldberg suggested we move on to IVF because of the risk of ectopic (I had two prior to this one)...takes the time to explain everything and makes a specific plan for your needs.
European, Other
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Goldberg takes the time to listen to your concerns and makes a plan specific to your goals. He also was able to adjust his schedule to accommodate a procedure I needed done (same day) because he knew I had a long drive home.
Have a realistic plan and time table and convey said time frame to Dr. Goldberg.
Dr. Goldberg takes the time to explain everything and makes a specific plan for your needs.
First we tried provera cycles with intercouse at home. We then moved on to IUI with provera and trigger shots. The fourth IUI resulted in a positive pregnancy test, with a ectopic pregnancy. I had to have two rounds of methotrexate and I was monitored closely. Dr. Goldberg suggested we move on to IVF because of the risk of ectopic (I had two prior to this one).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
Very attentative. Always takes your phone call or calls you back if she is unavailable.
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
Cleveland Clinic is one of a kind, you feel like you’re getting the best treatment. State of the art equipment (such as ultrasound equipment, labs, etc.). Beacheood is conveniently located and there’s a mall next door if you need to waste time between appointments/tests.
I’ve seen three doctors before Dr. Goldberg and the costs are average for fertility treatments.
Dr. Goldberg’s approach is one embryo transfer at a time.
Beachwood

He [Dr. Jeffrey Goldberg] knew I was very anxious to get pregnant. He offered us IUI right away. My very first cycle that was medicated, he did iui. Felt good to go in strong. I feel like he was the best for my type of personality. Everyone is anxious to get pregnant but I feel like he understood the most...he was so gentle, caring and always gave me hope!!!...He and my nurse made it as cost efficient as they could for me.
He knew I was very impatient. We were asked to try 6 IUI’s. After the 4th, I went back, frustrated and wanting to go straight to IVF. A month later, I was pregnant! And he was so gentle, caring and always gave me hope!!!
Trust him.
He treated me like family! Very caring and amazing!!
He knew I was very anxious to get pregnant. He offered us IUI right away. My very first cycle that was medicated, he did iui. Felt good to go in strong. I feel like he was the best for my type of personality. Everyone is anxious to get pregnant but I feel like he understood the most.
The best! Between all the calls and holding my hand, they were amazing
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
The Cleveland clinic fertility clinic is amazing. I seriously have nothing negative to say about them. They were so gentle and caring. Fertility treatments are so hard and emotional. They were always considerate even when I was an emotional mess! I was pregnant within 5 months of seeing them.
He and my nurse made it as cost efficient as they could for me.
They were very big on wanting me to only transfer one. But I wanted to do 2. They told me the risk and that they don’t recommend it but still let me do it because it’s what I wanted to do. I respect that they respected me. I felt in charge.