Medical SchoolAlbert Einstein
FellowshipColumbia
15 North Broadway
White Plains, NY 10601
914-997-6200
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jeffrey Klein to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RMA of New York to a friend?
Jeffrey klein is a wonderful doctor with excellent bedside manner. He takes his time with every patient and never makes you feel like a number. I have yet to have success with a frozen embryo transfer at RMA but I do not believe it is Dr Kleins fault. He has talked me through every step and answers my emails 24/7(when does he sleep haha). Overall a wonderful doctor...If you dont have anything to ask dont expect him to sit with you for hours. However take advantage of emailing him. Sometimes I have forgotten to ask something and shoot him a quick email and he ALWAYS responds.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
One piece of advice is have your questions ready. He is willing to answer everything truthfully and take the time to spend with you. If you dont have anything to ask dont expect him to sit with you for hours. However take advantage of emailing him. Sometimes I have forgotten to ask something and shoot him a quick email and he ALWAYS responds.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Dr Jeffrey klein made my husband and I feel like humans rather than a number. He takes as much time as you need to talk at every apnt even if it is just a quick monitoring. I also love that 24/7 you can email him directly and he ALWAYS responds within minutes.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Klein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
IVF with ICSI Follostim Menopur Ganirelix lupron and hcg dual trigger 10 days of shots and retrieved 23 eggs 8 made it to day 5,biopsied and sent for pgs/pgd testing. 5 came back normal not affected by cystic fibrosis or any chromosonal issues. First FET-failed Second FET-chemical pregnancy Starting second round of IVF now. Same protocol. Note: we had to freeze my eggs and fertilize them 3 months later due to sperm issues so we lost a good amount of eggs in that process.
The nursisng staff at RMA is ok. There are some absolutely wonderful nurses there and a few that need to work on organization. All are pleasant and have great bedside manner.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths-efficient and easy to make apnts. Weeknesses- require an insane anount of paperwork every single time. Wish it coukd be used for life and not sign every time we have a procedure done.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It is first come first serve but they move very quickly. Monitoring hours are from 7:30-9:30 and between 8:30-9:30 it is slow and you walk in and out.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York.
Biopsy fees are $2000 out of pocket. PGS and PGD is all out of pocket and done through an outside lab. We payed over $10,000! Insurance covers my ivf but only until a certain amount.
Describe Jeffrey Klein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
My dr will only transfer more than 1 embryo if you are over 35 years old or have had multiple misscarriages and not tested your embryos. Inoriginally wanted to transfer 2 but he took the time to discuss all the risks involved and it all made a lot of sense.
2012 - 2016
Other, Unexplained
[WIth Dr. Jeffrey Klein] We did an ivf with PGD after my last two FETs resulted in miscarriages. I was told that I started to ovulate early and they only got 9 eggs, 2 worth while. They transferred an AA grade embryo and it failed they think due to ashermans. I was angry that he didn’t have me repeat an HSG beforehand so I had one afterword and they saw the scar tissue. I asked him to do an IUI because I had extra injectables and he reluctantly did it with my next hysteroscopy scheduled and it actually worked resulting in my second son.
2012 - 2016
Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
I had a mixed experience. I was a patient of Stangel (whom i did 4 IUI’s and 1 IVF resulting in 1 love birth and 1 vanishing twin) whom retired, so I was given to Klein as a result. I liked him but i felt different than I felt with Stangel. He was great with email and when I asked him to do my IUI with injections he didn’t want to but after convincing him that I knew the risks, he did it and that gave me my second son 😊
Know your body and what you need.
Human but I did feel that at times he forgot my name, case.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Martha)
Audrey the blood tech was amazing and so sweet. Loved her! Martha was efficient and to the point.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Very big and I didn’t like going into the city on the weekends. I would have also liked 6:30am blood draws because as a teacher we have to be at work extra early. The city team was differently organized and they had a more business like mindset.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
First come first serve and because I had to be at work early I would arrive 45 minutes early to secure my #1 spot on line.
It was over $15K for ivf with PGD
No. I wish I had transferred them both.
Westchester
I like the Dr. Klein is so easy to reach. He always answers my emails right away, and I feel like he knows who I am as a patient of his. Not just someone whose chart he has to check before each visit. On the rare ocassion I had to see another doctor, Dr. Klein always called me himself to check up on me, go over results... like the Dr. Klein is so easy to reach. He always answers my emails right away, and I feel like he knows who I am as a patient of his. Not just someone whose chart he has to check before each visit. On the rare occasion I had to see another doctor, Dr. Klein always called me himself to check up on me, go over results...
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Don't be embarrassed to ask questions, because he is always willing to answer and explain.
He was very friendly and always took extra time to answer my questions and involve me in my treatment. He also is very easy to get in touch with.
Formy two IUI cycles I used 100mg of clomid on days 2-6 with the IUI on day 14. Neither resulted in pregnancy, but we have male factor infertility so we almost expected they wouldn't. For my IVF cycle I did an antagonist protocol with 225 of Gonal-f and starting with 150 of menopur all the way up to 300 of menopur for 8 days. The last 3 days I added .25 of cetrotide. I did a double Lupron and HCG trigger shot on day 9 and had my egg retrieval on day 11. They retrieved 10 eggs, 7 of which fertilized with ICSI. I am scheduled for a fresh transfer on day 16.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
Everyone was wonderful. I felt the staff really knew who I was without looking Up my chart. For example, I need a note for work if I am going to be late because of a doctor appointment, and the nurses knew without me even having to ask eventually. It was nice to feel a relationship and geniuine caring.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
My only minor complaint about this clinic is that the major procedures have to be done in New York City. I initially picked the clinic because of its location. I also would have preferred that my doctor personally do my egg retrieval and transfer, but I know that's probably not realistic. I will mention that any time I was seen by another doctor, mine always followed up almost immediately with a personal phone call.
My IVF was covered by insurance but there was a $1500 co-payment, $750 for the anesthesia and then the medicines had various co-payments. Almost all of them were covered and the ones that weren't didn't exceed $150. I didn't pay a co-payment per visit each time I saw the doctor. I had a a few small ($20 maybe) fees for blood work when I began all of my testing.
4 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
We had 3 unsuccessful IUI cycles [with Dr. Klein]...He kept me informed, and was often available by email outside of business hours if questions were to arise... he was not the appropriate provider for me; my issues were more challenging and I do not feel that he was able to exercise any creative approaches to my care, as my subsequent doctor had done. Dr. Klein was very kind and compassionate, and a true professional.
4 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
I appreciated Dr. Klein and his honesty with my diagnosis and its relation to my chances of natural conception. He kept me informed, and was often available by email outside of business hours if questions were to arise. Although I understand he is a top rated doctor in this field, he was not the appropriate provider for me; my issues were more challenging and I do not feel that he was able to exercise any creative approaches to my care, as my subsequent doctor had done. Dr. Klein was very kind and compassionate, and a true professional.
Ask him questions, and challenge his responses if you are unhappy with them.
Dr. Klein was fine to work with, but I feel he operated off of a script. I suffered with DOR, and at an advanced age, it was unlikely that I would conceive on my own, however it was early into my treatment and I wanted to exhaust all efforts. I felt he was pushing us towards using donor eggs very soon into treatment without exploring other options.
We had 3 unsuccessful IUI cycles. We were preparing for IVF, but my insurance changed and the new insurance would not cover the procedure.
It has been a while, and my recall is limited, but I do remember a nurse named Janice. I was not happy with her at all. I feel that she lacked a certain amount of empathy you would need to work with women struggling with fertility. I also recall having to visit the Manhattan location on a weekend as the White Plains location was closed. On two occasions I was waiting to be seen and nurses forgot I was there, resulting in me having to get dressed and find someone to attend to me.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I hated being part of a large organization. I felt there was no true intimacy, and it was more like a business rather than a fertility clinic. It was very systematic, which I felt required the doctors to operate under certain guidelines, adopting a cooking cutter approach to treatment.
I do not recall. Most, if not all, of my treatment was covered by insurance.
2007 - 2011
2007 - 2011
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
I interviewed one other doctor and much preferred Dr. Klein. Convenience was a factor but I also prefered Dr. Klein's manner. He did not recommend medication for me (at age 36) and the other doctor did. I got pregnant on my first try, with two back to back IUI's. I didn't love that when I talked about tracking my fertility he called that the "loosy goosy method." I actually found ovulation predictor kits ineffective but have a good sense of when I'm ovulating, so didn't need them. I also was on thyroid medication and dropped off my blood test results with him, expecting that he would manage that, but I got the feeling that he never looked at them, and was told by the receptionist that he wouldn't. That's fine. I found another endocrinologist to manage that during my pregnancy, but would have felt much safer being told that right away. I didn't know what questions to ask. I still recommend him, but recommend that you make sure to ask if there are any concerns so you know what is in his domain and what isn't. All in all, I got what I went there for and ended up very happy. Oh- inseminations had to be performed in the city but I was able to have all the testing done in White Plains.
Just talk to them about privacy if that's a concern for you, and ask questions about any medical concerns so you know if you need to see another specialist as well.
I felt like a human. The only problem I had was that I was always asked to sign in when I arrived at the office and then the sign in sheet was left out for everyone to see. I was concerned about my privacy and how the lack thereof could affect me at work. The receptionist laughed about me crossing out my name when I left, and I told her that it wouldn't be funny if I lost my job. Hopefully they've become more careful about privacy.
Simple IUI, back to back. I had to get them paperwork in order to have the sperm sent there. I had a blood test to check my FSH levels. Then I went in when I suspected that I was ovulating and had an ultra sound. He recomended a trigger shot just to make sure that the egg would be released at the right time, being that all the inseminations only happened in the mornings. He didn't go over whether this carried any risk and I didn't ask. He did not recommend any medication and I didn't need any. Inseminations were fine, doctors were nice and wished me luck. After the inseminations I was asked to come in for a blood test, maybe in two weeks to determine pregnancy. I got the call later that day and asked how strong the numbers were (someone who had been through fertility treatments told me to ask). She told me what range was good and what mine were. She told me to come back in a few days later for another blood test to see if the numbers doubled. Then at 6 weeks maybe, I went in to hear the heart beat. Soon after he referred me to an OB practice and wished me well.
Honestly, I mostly worked directly with Dr. Klein but I don't remember any negative interactions with anyone other than a receptionist who found my concern for privacy amusing.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
all said already- weakness back in 2007, having to sign in and let everyone see your name everything else was positive
I think my insurance covered everything but the sperm.
Tubal Blockage, Other, Unexplained
I liked that he [Dr. Klein] gave us all of the different options and issues that may crop up from beginning to end and even told us to discuss payment options with finance since there were a few different ways we could go about paying since it was out of pocket.
Tubal Blockage, Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
He has a warm bedside manner. Explains all of the pros and cons realistically. Conscious of my anxiety with procedures and tried to make them as comfortable as they could be. Made time when he could, but had a lot of patients so there was only so much time.
There will be a litany of tests and schedule any conversations ahead of time and not during the prime morning hours if you can help it. He will tell you everything including things you may not want to hear.
He did get to know us individually and made sure we knew that we could reach him via email if needed to answer any questions along the way. I liked that he gave us all of the different options and issues that may crop up from beginning to end and even told us to discuss payment options with finance since there were a few different ways we could go about paying since it was out of pocket.
They would coordinate with each other about what was going on. If something didn't match up with what I heard I would tell them and they would find out immediately. They were polite and compassionate and informative.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
For the most part there was a line since we're in a metro area. They were pretty quick with the bloodwork. They would tell us ahead of time to make sure we got in early, but traffic to get there was a factor as well - so it was a domino affect. They wouldn't be able to control how many people would come in everyday. Sometimes it was smooth sailing.
2011 - 2013
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Initial impression was good. Over the course of several treatments, failed cycles and two attempts he became more distant. Second pregnancy I was made to feel as though I was more of an inconvenience than a patient... Ectopic preg was completely missed as a preg test was not done to confirm neg outcome of IUI.
2011 - 2013
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Initial impression was good. Over the course of several treatments, failed cycles and two attempts he became more distant. Second pregnancy I was made to feel as though I was more of an inconvenience than a patient. As if I were greedy wanting to try to have a second child.
Expect good results but not a lot of hand holding and warm cozy feelings. They run a very efficient factory with high ratings but not touchy-feely.
Office staff was curt or even rude. Plan of care was "by the book" not necessarily to my specifics. Ectopic preg was completely missed as a preg test was not done to confirm neg outcome of IUI.
First cycle was just IUI, second used ovidrel and IUI, third was Clomid, Ovidril and IUI (I had severe reaction to Clomid), 4th was injectable with Ovidril and IUI (result ectopic). Last was injections, egg retrieval, IVF, 3 embryo transfer resulting in 1live birth, 1 embryo frozen. 1 year later, embryo transfer resulting in 1live birth.
They answered questions but I didn't get a lot of compassion at missed attempts or after ruptured ectopic that almost killed me.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Usually convenient. I was there at odd hours but could be forced to wait, especially my second experience, almost as a vendetta even if I was the first patient there.
~15k
3 IUI, IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Dr. Klein is by all accounts an excellent doctor (and I'm the daughter of a doctor, and I have two Ivy League degrees, so I'm a VERY well informed, picky patient!). His attention to detail and understanding of data/risks and medical care is top notch. In addition, he is incredibly caring and compassionate - a rare blend. He is highly practical, but knows when to be cautious, and is one of the best practitioners in the field. Anyone with fertility challenges is lucky to be his patient, and my 9-week old embryo and I will be sad to leave!
Investor
3 IUI, IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Klein was amazing. He was very realistic with us about our chances and was still willing to help us. He was very responsive on email and in visits. He gives a frank assessment of your situation and was a welcome relief from doctors who gave us the runaround...Dr. Klein is incredibly reachable and responsive. He answered all of my questions reasonably and bluntly...Email him - he's very responsive. If you're not a fan of the blunt reality of your situation, he's not your guy...
IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
The most important change Dr. Klein used was only utilizing day 5 transfers for our embryos. Our prior clinic used day 3 transfers and they were not successful. He also allowed us to transfer multiple embryos each time, which greatly improved our odds of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Dara Berg)
The donor egg nursing staff is very engaged and responsive. I thought they did a great job matching our donor and responding to our questions and concerns.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The White Plains office is great, it's very small and you can get in and out very quickly. The NYC office is a little more clinical and like you're a number.
More than $20,000 per cycle.
2013
18 Eggs Frozen
I had a major post surgery complication and dealing with Dr. Klein was a nightmare. He literally yelled at me for calling the service late at night and sent me to the ER rather than talk to me... He was not my doctor but due to timing ended up being the person who did my retrieval.
2013
18 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Klein was almost malicious to me during a post-surgery complication. He was not my doctor but due to timing ended up being the person who did my retrieval. I left the surgery with no pain medication, called that afternoon received no help, and when I called again that night he yelled at me for calling the answering service and bother him (it was only 10pm) and sent me to the ER rather than help me by ordering a simple pain medication. Even my normal doctor at RMA was horrified.
I did not have a good experience with him and if I had it to do over I would not go to RMA if it meant he would be the one to do my procedure. For elective surgeries that can't be totally planned timing-wise I'd want to be comfortable with every doctor in the practice.
I had a major post surgery complication and dealing with Dr. Klein was a nightmare. He literally yelled at me for calling the service late at night and sent me to the ER rather than talk to me. I was truly horrified.
After my surgery on a Saturday afternoon I called to inquire about pain meds (I hadn't been given any) and they told me they couldn't connect me to a doctor.
NY - Eastside
2010 - 2011
Email him [Dr Jeffrey Klein of RMA of New York in Westchester ] any questions or concerns and also meet with him not during the morning rush to discuss treatment plans. We met with him each cycle and he spent an hour with us each time once on a Friday night he stayed extra late to answer all of our questions and we closed the office with him. He always called us to answer questions after we were upset with the results of a cycle during his family vacation and you could hear the kids in the background. He really tried to be available and you could tell.
2010 - 2011
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
He was great especially on email he would get right back to us. Office is very busy but assume that is the case with all clinics.
Email him any questions or concerns and also meet with him not during the morning rush to discuss treatment plans. We met with him each cycle and he spent an hour with us each time once on a Friday night he stayed extra late to answer all of our questions and we closed the office with him. He always called us to answer questions after we were upset with the results of a cycle during his family vacation and you could hear the kids in the background. He really tried to be available and you could tell.
Dr Klein took the time and met with my husband and I on multiple occasions. One time he felt like he didn't answer all my questions and called me later that day when he had more time to talk. It was very scary time not knowing the outcome but he was great
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
The nurses were good. Got to know them by first name.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Was pretty quick and first come first serve so i tried to get there early since I had a long commute to the city after my appt
20k
PCOS, Unexplained
He [Dr. Jeffrey Klein] always answers my emails but sometimes doesn’t answer the question directly...I felt he didn’t take my care very seriously bc I didn’t do ivf...he was just laid back with my iuis and wanted me to start ivf but without giving enough chances to iuis...care wasn’t always clear and he didn’t believe in supplementing with progesterone or estrogen...Letrozole 7:5mg for 5 days with trigger shot and one ultrasoundb
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
He always answers my emails but sometimes doesn’t answer the question directly .. I felt he didn’t take my care very seriously bc I didn’t do ivf .. he was just laid back with my iuis and wanted me to start ivf but without giving enough chances to iuis .. care wasn’t always clear and he didn’t believe in supplementing with progesterone or estrogen ..
Stay on top of your care
Because his practice is very busy
Letrozole 7:5mg for 5 days with trigger shot and one ultrasoundb
Medical assistants were all friendly .. nurse was okay
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Never had to really wait .. easy to make appointments .. lab results came back same day .. weaknesses is dealing with the finance office it got confusing because there were a few different girls handling my account
700 for iui cycle