5.7

Salisbury
1647 Woodbrooke Drive
Salisbury, MD 21804
1.888.761.1967

Dr. McKeeby has been extremely compassionate during our fertility treatment. He has been readily available to meet with me, unexpectedly, when issues have arose during monitoring appointments. ... Dr. McKeeby has a bit of a unique personality. ... He also took into consideration our insurance and financial situation. ... He has been very proactive and has never suggested that we try the same plan twice - if it doesn't work the first time, he makes changes or suggests something new entirely.
The Annapolis office [Shady Grove] is very welcoming. The front desk staff have learned my name and always greet me when I come in for an appointment. The wait time for monitoring is usually reasonable, but can sometimes be 30+ minutes past your appointment time if the clinic is very busy. The phlebotomists are very friendly and talkative. The ultrasound techs do a great job of explaining what they see on the ultrasound, and always offer to refer you to the monitoring nurse if you more questions than they can answer
How was your experience with Jeffrey McKeeby at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. McKeeby has a bit of a unique personality. He was very welcoming when my husband and I attended our consultation in March of 2018. We felt that he took a detailed history, asked a lot of questions about our desires/goals, and allowed us to have input on what treatment would like. Dr. McKeeby is very knowledgeable about the science aspect of treatment and was able to explain our treatment options in detail. He was able to provide us to with statistics for success and gave us a recommendation, based on what was our best chance statistically. He also took into consideration our insurance and financial situation. We have, unfortunately, experienced a lot of unanticipated setbacks throughout treatment. We have had several FET cycles cancelled, for various reasons, but Dr. McKeeby has always been extremely compassionate in breaking the bad news to us - He always explains why the cancellation is necessary, and is always ready with a new plan. He has been very proactive and has never suggested that we try the same plan twice - if it doesn't work the first time, he makes changes or suggests something new entirely. Although we have not had success yet, I have been extremely satisfied with Dr. McKeeby and his management of our treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey McKeeby at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. McKeeby has been extremely compassionate during our fertility treatment. He has been readily available to meet with me, unexpectedly, when issues have arose during monitoring appointments. When my fresh transfer was cancelled due to OHSS, Dr. McKeeby called me personally to provide an update on our embryos. He always says "hi" when he sees me at the clinic for monitoring appointments, and treats me as an individual at follow-up appointments.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey McKeeby used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
For our IVF retrieval cycle we used Gonal-F 150IU, Menopur 75IU (increased to 150IU on stim day 7), Ganirelix, and a Lupron trigger. We used this protocol, which is pretty standard and low-dose, because our diagnosis is MFI and Dr. McKeeby did not anticipate any issue with follicle growth. For our 1st FET cycle we used oral Estrace 2mg, taken three times daily. Vaginal Estrace was added, due to thin lining - this cycle was cancelled. For our 2nd FET cycle we used a stimulated FET protocol, with Gonal-F 150IU and Ganirelix to prevent ovulation. This protocol was chosen due to prior difficulty with uterine lining - cycle was cancelled due to high follicle count. For our 3rd FET cycle we used Delestrogen .2 ML, every other day - cycle was cancelled due to ovulation. For our 4th FET cycle we used Delestrogren .2 ML, every other day and Estrace 2mg vaginally, twice daily - this cycle resulted in pregnancy, but pregnancy was not viable. For our 5th FET cycle we used the same protocol as the previous cycle, but lining did not respond the same and cycle was cancelled. Four our 6th FET we are using another stimulated FET protocol with Menopur 112 IU - this cycle is in process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jackie Seibert)
Jackie has been extremely helpful throughout this process. She always returns my phone calls within the guidelines stated on her voicemail, and is very responsive to questions/concerns. She calls promptly with updates from monitoring appointments and answers all questions. She is obviously very knowledgeable. She has called to check-in when we have gone through difficult times.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The Annapolis office is very welcoming. The front desk staff have learned my name and always greet me when I come in for an appointment. The wait time for monitoring is usually reasonable, but can sometimes be 30+ minutes past your appointment time if the clinic is very busy. The phlebotomists are very friendly and talkative. The ultrasound techs do a great job of explaining what they see on the ultrasound, and always offer to refer you to the monitoring nurse if you more questions than they can answer.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey McKeeby at Shady Grove Fertility.
Our treatment is covered by insurance. We receive a 5% discount, based on income, for all expenses not covered.
Describe Jeffrey McKeeby's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
Dr. McKeeby has recommended an eSET, due to our ages and quality of our embryos. We are agreeable.

2018 - 2019, Consult
We saw Dr. McKeeby after our first failed cycle at another clinic. We were heartbroken, financially struggling and still, we clung to hope. He sat with us for over an hour during our first initial consult. He went thru every page (400 pages) of our medical records from our previous facility. When we tried to transfer our eggs from the other facility to Shady Groves lab, he called me personally to tell me the bad news. The old RE did not freeze our eggs appropriately and they would not be viable for thaw. He gave us devastating news, but he was calm and precise about his reasons. I respect him due to his honesty and compassion.
They [nurses at Shady Grove Fertility] take the time to talk to us and explain each question or concern that we have...The benefits/strengths include the cleanliness of all of their facilities, their friendly staff (from the front desk, to the lab technicians, to the nurses and physicians) and the way they make you feel welcome and less like a number...The only thing that went wrong was the clinic scheduled my appointment for the Annapolis location and I was suppose to be at the Salisbury location. It has bumped our appointment almost 30 days back, but it was a small mistake with no consequences.
How was your experience with Jeffrey McKeeby at Shady Grove Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey McKeeby at Shady Grove Fertility?
Ask a ton of questions, because he will absolutely take the time to answer them. When you leave all of your medical questions are answered completely, and you understand the treatment plans ahead.
Dr. McKeeby was the second RE that we saw. His team (Urologist Dr. Tanikarut) has been phenomenal. We were really let down by our first RE and had lost most hope to being parents. Dr. McKeeby is in the midst of making a plan for our future IVF cycles. He is honest and realistic and for that I am thankful. I am a nurse, and I know a lot more than the average patient. He doesn't make me feel like my questions and concerns are a bother, he takes the time to answer them completely.
We have not done a cycle with Dr. McKeeby yet, my husband is still on the medications to boost his count and raise his testosterone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Beth )
We are still new in the process at this clinic, but from our past experience they have been great. Our previous facility never knew us (even if we were there the day prior, they would forget why we were there (male factor), did not call to follow up post egg retrieval). We aren't just a number to them. They take the time to talk to us and explain each question or concern that we have.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The only thing that is hard about our clinic is the drive. It is a two hour drive to get to the clinic with cryopreservation, but we do not mind because we really like the clinic and staff. The benefits/strengths include the cleanliness of all of their facilities, their friendly staff (from the front desk, to the lab technicians, to the nurses and physicians) and the way they make you feel welcome and less like a number.
I do not remember specifics as we are have an appointment coming up to sit down in regards to IVF costs.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
Salisbury
He’s amazing. He took the time to talk to us about all the risks of transferring more than one blast. He was kind but was straight to the point about everything. I Highly recommend him...I owe everything to Dr.McKeeby and his staff, they were all amazing and kind....He reassured me that my husband and I would get pregnant with the numbers we had...They’re all about building personal relationships with the patients during such a sensitive time. The made me feel loved and thoroughly cared for.
I loved them. The iui portion made me feel like cattle being pushed through but other than that Shady Grove is the best! Beth and McKeeby were a great time. The other staff and doctors were great and I got to know them, too. They’re all about building personal relationships with the patients during such a sensitive time. The made me feel loved and thoroughly cared for...She [RN] was amazing. She became a therapist during that time. She’s so sweet and caring.
How was your experience with Jeffrey McKeeby at Shady Grove Fertility?
He’s amazing. He took the time to talk to us about all the risks of transferring more than one blast. He was kind but was straight to the point about everything. I Highly recommend him. He reassured me that my husband and I would get pregnant with the numbers we had and we did the first time we did Ivf! I owe everything to Dr.McKeeby and his staff, they were all amazing and kind. I don’t know what else to say so I’m just going to type until I hit the minimum word requirements. You do know I have one year old twins and I don’t have time for this long ass survey...
Relax because you’re in good hands.
They truly cared and when I brought my twins in when they were born the entire staff talked to me like they saw me yesterday.
I don’t recall.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Beth Basil )
She was amazing. She became a therapist during that time. She’s so sweet and caring.
2k I had infertility insurance
He warned me. I didn’t listen.
2012 - 2014, Successful
Dr.McKeeby has a great sense of humor...very professional with amazing bed side manner that treats his patients with amazing care. He goes out of his way to answer questions and made sure my husband and I were comfortable...I was diagnosed with PCOS and we started with doing clomid, injectables and IUIs but eventually conceived on our second round of IVF. He advocated for IVF since I was successfully pregnant on our first IUI but had a miscarriage.
Stacy [nurse at Shady Grove] was amazing, I could call and speak with her whenever I needed. She kept me organized because there is a lot of information and kept me in the loop...Monitoring appointments were set for specific times in morning everyday...This clinic has so much compassion for the patients. They felt like family and always made sure to be understanding. The office is very nice and clean, comfortable and uplifting environment
How was your experience with Jeffrey McKeeby at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr.McKeeby is very pro-active with his treatment plan and has ability to understand what you are willing to go through and make the plan fit your needs. He made us feel relieved that there was hope and thoroughly explained all avenues
Dr.McKeeby has a great sense of humor and he knows what he is talking about. I would advise to listen to his treatment plan and go forth with whatever he suggests
Dr.McKeeby is very professional with amazing bed side manner that treats his patients with amazing care. He goes out of his way to answer questions and made sure my husband and I were comfortable
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Stacy)
Stacy was amazing, I could call and speak with her whenever I needed. She kept me organized because there is a lot of information and kept me in the loop
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Monitoring appointments were set for specific times in morning everyday. Other than living 2 hours away they are very convenient and did not wait long at all
I had insurance but added a secondary once we realized the bills were stacking up. My insurance covered 80% which is great
2015 - 2017, Successful
He [Dr. Jeffrey McKeeby] never treated me like a number, when I suffered losses he was also very upset by what was happening. He always explained what was happening or what the treatment was and walked me through everything...never left me feeling alone in the entire process, he was there for me the entire time. He was easy to talk to, held my hand when it needed to be held and told me to just do it when I needed that blunt attitude. If it wasn’t for him we wouldn’t have our daughter.
Due to a genetic disorder we had to do IVF [at Shady Grove Fertility]. After my second loss we did an ERA to see if I needed more time on POI, which I did. Everything was always explained in detail...Whenever I needed anything Jackie [nurse] was there, she helped me through some of the toughest times in my life...We did shared risk at the cost of $26,000...everyone there showed the utmost compassion from the moment that we walked in the door to the day that we were discharged at 9 weeks pregnant. When I did have to call the on call nurses there were times that I felt like another number and that made me sad because I always had the best responses from the Annapolis clinic.
How was your experience with Jeffrey McKeeby at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. McKeeby never left me feeling alone in the entire process, he was there for me the entire time. He was easy to talk to, held my hand when it needed to be held and told me to just do it when I needed that blunt attitude. If it wasn’t for him we wouldn’t have our daughter.
To give time to warm up to him.
He never treated me like a number, when I suffered losses he was also very upset by what was happening. He always explained what was happening or what the treatment was and walked me through everything.
Due to a genetic disorder we had to do IVF. After my second loss we did an ERA to see if I needed more time on POI, which I did. Everything was always explained in detail
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jackie Sebert)
Whenever I needed anything Jackie was there, she helped me through some of the toughest times in my life
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I loved everything about Shady Grove, everyone there showed the utmost compassion from the moment that we walked in the door to the day that we were discharged at 9 weeks pregnant. When I did have to call the on call nurses there were times that I felt like another number and that made me sad because I always had the best responses from the Annapolis clinic.
We did shared risk at the cost of $26,000
2011 - 2014, Successful
Dr Mckeeby is an amazing doctor. He is patient and kind. If there are as bad news to deliver he made sure I fully understood what was going on. He took the time to make me understand the next steps....Dana is the best! I absolutely loved her as a nurse and person too. I felt like she was truly excited for me and my pregnancies...Wait times [at Shady Grvcan sometimes be long.
How was your experience with Jeffrey McKeeby at Shady Grove Fertility?
Ask questions if you don't understand.
When I was going through my treatment my mom was dying. The staff was so supportive. They knew me and my situation and took a personal interest.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Dana White)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Wait times can sometimes be long.