6.7

U. of Pennsylvania

Jeffrey Nelson works at

55 S. Lake Ave
Pasadena, CA 91101

Dr. Nelson has great bed side manners; he is very calm and collective. He likes to take his time to review your case and answer whatever questions you may have. He is compassionate and available to his patient's needs. I felt comfortable being his patient.... At times, I felt like my time with the doctor or his team members were not fully met, yet it was just another appointment. The nurse coordinators were not available to my needs or questions as I predicted or wished for. .
The clinic [HRC-Pasadena] is very clean and professional. They welcome you openly and allow you to address whatever questions you have prior setting up an appointment with one of their physicians. Weaknesses: I had issues with billing. They seem to not have a good communication with the rest of the team members/nurses. If I did not review my bills carefully I would have overpaid on certain visits.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
Ask questions; do not hesitate to say or voice your opinion/concerns.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Nelson used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
During my first cycle, which was a fresh transfer after a 5-day egg retrieval I resulted in my first pregnancy; however, I felt that my body was too exhausted to take on a pregnancy after being through so much hormones and treatment. It would have progressed to my knowledge if we froze the embryos and did a Frozen Embryo Transfer vs. a fresh one. On my second cycle, we did a FET with injections [estrogen and progesterone injections] along with baby aspirin and levothyroxine. This cycle did result in a pregnancy, however at 6 weeks into the pregnancy resulted in another miscarriage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Elizabeth Torres)
Elizabeth is very thorough and detailed when communicating with me. At times, I felt like I had to remind her or the team regarding things that needed during my cycle.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic is very clean and professional. They welcome you openly and allow you to address whatever questions you have prior setting up an appointment with one of their physicians. Weaknesses: I had issues with billing. They seem to not have a good communication with the rest of the team members/nurses. If I did not review my bills carefully I would have overpaid on certain visits.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility.
Combination of both IVF cycles we paid about 25K [$25,000]
Describe Jeffrey Nelson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
My RE transferred 2 embryos per cycle; I asked what his preference was whether 1 or 2 he suggested 2 since I am young and have no fertility issues.
2018, Consult
He [Dr. Jeffrey Nelson] was a kind and knowledgable doctor. However, I did feel like the visit was a bit rushed. I would have appreciated learning more about options aside from IVF and IUI. More attention to medical options on trying to conceive naturally by addressing diet and or medications or hormones that would support the effort in trying to conceive naturally...I felt like he tried to treat my husband and I with personalized care and advice but there was an air of feeling like my 'age' was going to set a discouraging tone to diagnosis and treatment.
The Clinic [HRC-Pasadena] was clean and nicely decorated. I would have preferred and environment resembling less like a 5 star hotel and more down to earth. A more modest setting would have lent it self to a feeling of welcome and less intimidating...Luckily I was given a coupon from my OBGYN to be able to visit HRC for my first consultation for free...I felt like he [Dr. Nelson] tried to treat my husband and I with personalized care and advice but there was an air of feeling like my 'age' was going to set a discouraging tone to diagnosis and treatment.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
He was a kind and knowledgable doctor. However, I did feel like the visit was a bit rushed. I would have appreciated learning more about options aside from IVF and IUI. More attention to medical options on trying to conceive naturally by addressing diet and or medications or hormones that would support the effort in trying to conceive naturally.
Be prepared with questions beforehand. Do your research and have them written down before you arrive for the appointment.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The Clinic was clean and nicely decorated. I would have preferred and environment resembling less like a 5 star hotel and more down to earth. A more modest setting would have lent it self to a feeling of welcome and less intimidating.
What specific things went wrong at HRC Fertility?