Medical SchoolThomas Jefferson
San Diego, CA 92108
Temecula
44274 George Cushman Court
Temecula, CA 92592
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jeffrey Rakoff to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend San Diego Fertility Center to a friend?
2010 - 2012
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
I was happy with Dr. Rakoff. I felt like he was up front with me about everything but will willing to let me do the IUI's even when it was clear he felt I should go right to IVF. He explained things to me clearly and when I was nervous for my mock transfer he was great about calming me down and letting me relax without rushing it...I remember unmedicated IUI's were about $200 and medicated IUI's were about $500. I paid up front for two IVF cycles and I think it was around $10k
2010 - 2012
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Jeffrey Rakoff at San Diego Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Rakoff at San Diego Fertility Center?
You have to have done your homework and know what you want. I knew I wanted to try IUI's first even though he felt I should just go to IVF.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Rakoff at San Diego Fertility Center?
Was always greeted by name by the receptionist and nurses and Dr. Rakoff made me feel like they really cared about me and the process.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Rakoff used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I did three cycles without anything and then 3 with clomid before moving to injections. I know he changed it up when I didn't have a lot of follicles but can't recall what was changed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kendra, Tammy)
There was one nurse or coordinator that I didn't like - I think her name was Chris but can't be sure. She was not very warm and did my first IUI, for which I was very nervous, and she had little compassion. The woman who always did the blood draws came in with me for that first IUI and was amazing - she was so positive and compassionate every single time I was there.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Receptionist at the time (Frankie) was really great. Clinic was well organized and well run and appointments were pretty much always on time
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Rakoff at San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe Jeffrey Rakoff's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
I had 3 excellent quality embryos and he asked if I wanted to transfer all three given my age. I said absolutely not but I was ok with 2 since I would be fine with having twins but not fine with having triplets. I have twin boys so I am really glad we didn't transfer 3. But it was my decision and he did not pressure me one way or another. Again, you have to know yourself well and stick to what you believe.
2013
2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs
Felt like he [Dr. Rakoff] was invested and was always honest in regards to how and why he would advise us . There were many times we sided with his expertise in making some of the choices in care and we appreciated the transparency.... Be prepared that its more of a trial and error and numbers game .... Looking back first time was a test run, the second time was the same protocol other then switching the method of administration for meds for lining, injection vs patches.
2013
2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Jeffrey Rakoff at San Diego Fertility Center?
Felt like he was invested and was always honest in regards to how and why he would advise us . There were many times we sided with his expertise in making some of the choices in care and we appreciated the transparency.
Be prepared that its more of a trial and error and numbers game .
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Very busy clinic and you have to be realistic of how many patients they have. With that said I was very happy with the nurses and staff at the clinic. The front office ladies always made me laugh and were great every time I called and or came in.
5k for PGS testing. 495 for mock transfers, 24,000 for the first round, 32,000 for the second round.
Doctor ensured we were informed but ultimately we made the decision .
What specific things went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center?
2013 - 2015
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
None, Unexplained
[Dr. Rakoff is] kind, good bedside manner, sometimes late but otherwise always understanding and willing to explain everything in as much detail as we asked...Be sure to always communicate what you want and what is important to you, in my experience if you do this the employees of SDFC [San Diego Fertility Center] will do everything possible to get it for you.
2013 - 2015
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
None, Unexplained
How was your experience with Jeffrey Rakoff at San Diego Fertility Center?
It's been two years since the ivf cycle where we conceived our son every nurse and doctor remembered me. Sdfc is expensive but I wouldn't go anywhere else. I feel the nurses and doctors truly care about me, my husband, and the family we desire.
Be sure to always communicate what you want and what is important to you, in my experience if you do this the employees of sdfc will do everything possible to get it for you.
Kind, good bedside manner, sometimes late but otherwise always understanding and willing to explain everything in as much detail as we asked.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lilly)
They're great, kind, caring, and truly want you to suceed in finding your family
Temecula