Available by cell phone
302-424-6645
4745 Ogletown-Stanton Road
Newark, DE 19713
302.738.4600
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jeffrey Russell to a friend?

6.7

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
During my first round of ivf (before we knew more) Dr. Russell advised with my age he wouldn’t suggest transferring more than one. That said, the second time around we plan to transfer two. This is due to the PGS testing outcome and quality of eggs... He isnt at every appointment, especially with the IUIs, but has been at a lot of my appointments for IVF. On my first round of ivf we took a very general approach and was under the impression that we’d get a lot of eggs. Unfortunately at that point we learned that I had concerns with my AMH (unsure of why this was unknown prior) and also learned that I had low quality eggs (this wouldn’t have been known previously.) the second time around Dr. Russell was direct that it was going to be harder, but that he was going to make adjustments and stayed optimistic. I definitely felt like he would answer any questions I had. I would suggest doing your own research and coming with questions, just to have them best conversations.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Jeffrey Russell at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Russell is very educated. He isnt at every appointment, especially with the IUIs, but has been at a lot of my appointments for IVF. On my first round of ivf we took a very general approach and was under the impression that we’d get a lot of eggs. Unfortunately at that point we learned that I had concerns with my AMH (unsure of why this was unknown prior) and also learned that I had low quality eggs (this wouldn’t have been known previously.) the second time around Dr. Russell was direct that it was going to be harder, but that he was going to make adjustments and stayed optimistic. I definitely felt like he would answer any questions I had. I would suggest doing your own research and coming with questions, just to have them best conversations.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Russell at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Come prepared with your own questions, don’t expect him to be at every appointment, but still trust that he is looped into every conversation. This is not something I originally understood, but he does look at any makes final decisions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Russell at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
This is my second review, I asked for the first one to be removed as I felt it wasn’t a true representation on my full journey with the office. The office does a GREAT job greeting you, remembering what you have going on medically and personally, greets you with a smile. Definitely feel like everyone has made an effort to get to know me and my husband.
The entire staff, including the nurse practitioner Lauren was amazing. Angie (the ivf coordinator) I struggled with for a really long time. Her tone and approach is very direct and is unorganized at times. That said, over time I’ve learned that her tone is not intentional and that you just need to be patient with her. Danielle who has recently started helping with IVF is great! Everyone else is SO kind, I’d go to this office just for them.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The office definitely has a ton of customers and are always busy. That said, our state only has two clinics. I’d assume every location is busy like this. I really like their online portal message ability. I wish there were some updates, such as the ability to reply to messages or upload documents. Note, I use my phone to access the website versus a computer.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The office did appointments from 7:30-11:45. This has always been convenient for me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Russell at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
For iui’s and first round of IVF, my coverage was 50% until I met my out of pocket and deductible. Medication and PGS not included. The second time for IVF my coverage changed and only had to pay deductible. out of pocket, and PGS
Describe Jeffrey Russell's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
What specific things went wrong at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Newark

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jeffrey Russell at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.

2014 - 2019
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr Russell is the type of physician that gets to the point but does so with compassion. He empathizes with my worries and concerns and takes the time to help me better understand my options. He’s willing to make changes and truly listens to his patients ... He doesn’t necessarily hold your hand throughout the process but he makes certain you understand, and definitely shares in successes and helps navigate through unsuccessful plans. ...
2014 - 2019
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
if You are looking for someone who is a pioneer to reproductive technology, he’s your guy. He doesn’t necessarily hold your hand throughout the process but he makes certain you understand, and definitely shares in successes and helps navigate through unsuccessful plans. He’s smart.
Dr Russell always takes the time to explain processes and he genuinely gets excited or upset depending on results
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Russell used in your cycles at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We tried IUI with clinic first and I didn’t respond. We then moved to another oral drug and tried again. I did respond but never got pregnant. He suggested IVF. I don’t remember which meds we used. We consented to PGS screening and successfully became pregnant with a Songle embryo frozen transfer. When we were ready to to try again, we used similar protocol but without injection progesterone. Pregnancy was unsuccessful. I had a chemical pregnancy after third transfer. Two natural chemical pregnancies before the third transfer and one natural chemical before the second. Dr Russell has been compassionate through it all and is actively working to develop a plan that will help us be successful before we transfer our last embryo. Two of the six that made it to Day 5 were chromosomally abnormal
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Linda)
Linda was always smiling and very welcoming. Angie, the IVF coordinator was organized and efficient, and very knowledgeable about my personal plan.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Friendly. Easy to schedule appointments. Respectful. No matter how many times I called with questions, someone was always willing to take my call and assist me. Payments are always due at the time of appointment. Patient portal isn’t the most user friendly but you can always find what you need with a little searching
We probably spent about 30,000 in the beginning betweennwork ups, IUI, mess and actual retrieval and transfer procedures the first time. Every dime spent was worth the little girl i get to hi each morning and kiss goodnight. Frozen transfers have cost $2500 each. Meds for frozen transfers about $50 per month. and then copays for work ups prior to transfer are $40 each with an estimated 3 visits per month
Dr Russell always told me her preferred eSET unless there were xondernsbwith the embryo quality. We opted for eSET three times. Mostly because we weren’t looking forward to having multiples

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Dr Russell took the time to explain what could be going on , how we were going to find out if any of those things were going on & how we were going to fix them . He found multiple issues and made sure all issues were treated or told us how they were going to be treated at proper time . I felt he didn’t miss a single thing , and took the time to make sure I was comfortable and ready for the next steps . He was relatable to myself and my husband which is very helpful in such a sensitive situation .
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
As I mentioned before from the day of our first consult to after all of the tests were given . He explained everything throughly . And to full potential . Answered all of our questions as a couple ; and ensured we felt comfortable , secure and ready for the next steps . He was upbeat , motivating , and made a sensitive situation not so scary . It wasn’t where we had been , it’s where we were going . He promised he would helped us and he has changed our lives .
Nothing .
After our first meeting . They quickly scheduled and ordered a full lab panel , and multiple different tests to check all possible issues . There was seven things that could of been going on with my reoccurring loss and he covered every single one of them with a test . These tests were scheduled quickly and he was present at each one . After finding PCOS , ANA antibody , an infection . We took meds for the infection . Started cycle, took clomid , hcg shot injection , confirmed ovulation . Once ovulation confirmed I was placed on progesterone & baby aspirin . Once pregnancy was confirmed a steroid was prescribed . I receive ultrasounds once a week before that it was blood work . When my hcg wasn’t rising as high as they like they saw me three times that week to ensure I was not having an etopic pregnancy . So on top of everything I could not ask for better care and handeling .
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Celina )
Celina was so helpful and always just a phone call away . She has been doing this for a long time and it truly shows . She loves her job and loves educating others on how to take care for them selves . She always called me back & covered al concerns and answered all of our questions ... more than once . Lauren , Janet and others are always so sweet , kind , understanding , and informative . They are to the point and never hide anything. If there is ever a question they immediately call or contact Dr Russell in and always scheduled my appointments on Wednesday so dr Russell was there . If he wasn’t there , I was notified and moved to another day or would travel to Christiana . My appointments where always held on time and very quickly but if I had questions we were never rushed .
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The Milford office runs very effectively, they are communicative and friendly . The plan is very straight forward and the amount of time , and energy that you must put in is no hidden secret . Blood work once to twice a week , ultrasounds , consults . I was very surprised that they did not notify me that although I had Cigna they did not cover any infertility treatments . I admit that I should have contacted Cigna before the process started , but thought they may tell me as well .
Every blood test / consult was over 650 dollars at once a week . Blood work was over 4000 dollars . Multiple other tests done in house cost in the hundreds.

Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Russell found my problems quicker than my last. ... When he found out my tubes wetr blocked, he immediately wanted to jump to IVF. I suggested a lap to open my tubes. He did not seem too thrilled about that decision but I knew what I wanted. He agreed to do it and was able to open both tubes! I really am unsure why he wanted to jump to IVF and not try a lap but I am very happy he took my suggestion and performed the successful surgery.
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Russell found my problems quicker than my last. He listened to me and even went with my suggestions (this is not my first rodeo). When he found out my tubes wetr blocked, he immediately wanted to jump to IVF. I suggested a lap to open my tubes. He did not seem too thrilled about that decision but I knew what I wanted. He agreed to do it and was able to open both tubes! I really am unsure why he wanted to jump to IVF and not try a lap but I am very happy he took my suggestion and performed the successful surgery.
I would tell any infertility patient to do your research. Correcting infertility can take some time but it can be done. You need to participate at appointments and know your stuff.
Dr. Russell’s staff is second to none! They make you feel great from the time you walk in the door and listen to any and every question you have!
We started with a diagnostic cycle; to try and figure out my problem(s). He found out that my tubes were blocked and we thought that I did not ovulate (we later found out that I ovulate LATE). He wanted to do IVF because of my tubes but I suggested a lap to try to open my tubes. He did not seem too thrilled with my suggestion but agreed to do it! I am so glad he did because he was able to flush both tubes and open them. The surgery went very quickly. I am only on my second cycle since surgery. The first one, I did not get pregnant. Not sure about my current cycle but overall, Dr. Russell is a great doctor!
Best nursing staff I’ve experienced! Everyone is so nice and shows compassion as we go through this difficult process.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
They will get you in and out in a very timely matter. You’ll very rarely be waiting long to be seen. Only very small downside would be is that they are not open on weekends which could be difficult. They also pretty much only book morning appointments because I believe, the afternoon is used to call patients with results and such.

2016 - 2019
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Jeffrey Russell] was passionate about what he does and understands the options. I didn’t receive the outcome that I was hoping for and I felt that my options we limited because of financing. I am not sure there are other options out there because he only offered me IUI or IVF. He kept telling me there was no reason I wouldn’t get pregnant through IUI and each cycle was unsuccessful...Clomid was taken to induce egg release and I was monitored for ovulation. I took trigger shot anywhere from 12 to 36 hours before insemination.
2016 - 2019
European, Other
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
He was passionate about what he does and understands the options. I didn’t receive the outcome that I was hoping for and I felt that my options we limited because of financing. I am not sure there are other options out there because he only offered me IUI or IVF. He kept telling me there was no reason I wouldn’t get pregnant through IUI and each cycle was unsuccessful.
Make sure you know how much you have to spend and see what options you have with that budget.
He runs a super busy office and at times he was in and out and I didn’t feel he felt how hard this was for me to talk about and to go through. But I felt like his bottom line was in line with mine. We both wanted positive results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Celina)
She was calm and personal. When delivering news she did so gracefully. She shared her own personal stories and journey and really made me relax about the whole treatment.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Celina was absolutely the best. I saw her in Milford and when I had to travel to Newark it was more that I had to work around their schedule which interfered with work other obligations. Of course this was my number one priority I would have appreciated a little more flexibility. Financing was huge for me. I know that is not the case for everyone, but I wished that was described to us better.
All out of pocket. $2,500 per IUI not including medication or visits leading up to the IUI.

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
I like that Dr. Russell is blunt and tells you like it is. I feel sometimes though he is to busy for me. I’ve been going for 2 years with no results. His reviews are great and because of work his office in Milford is most financially beneficial for me. ... At first he always said to use donor eggs from the beginning because of my egg quality and my husband low sperm count and the fact we could not afford genetic testing. ...
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Don’t take to heart that he appears not compassionate he is blunt that’s his personality but I like it
Sometimes I felt rushed when I had my consultations each time. Once my husband took off from work for a meeting we had previously set up and when we get there nobody new what was going on.
At first he always said to use donor eggs from the beginning because of my egg quality and my husband low sperm count and the fact we could not afford genetic testing. First retrieval no eggs survived so no transfer before second retrieval he adjusted my medication and I had to go through a mock cycle when second retrieval came around I got 1 egg survived after the 5 day and we transferred that with no success. Then my job switched insurance and infertility is no longer covered. So we are now going to take a loan out and attempt using donor eggs.
The nursing staff have always been compassionate and helpful.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
There’s plenty of great nurses there. I only had 2 issues the 2 years I have been there. It must have been a bad day both times. I feel the finances needs more help because she takes sometimes awhile to get back with you.
For the most part it was convenient. Some appointments were out of there control because it had to be timed just right
The newest cycle will be 25,000 plus insurance copays each visit, through the last 2 years I have put an additional 5000 or more out if you include freezing , medication co pays, doctor copays, anesthesiologists co pay, storage fee. It gets me stressed even thinking about it with still no result
I would like to use multiple embryo transfers but dr. Russell prefers just single because of the risks
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Russell was the same way - he knew who you were and wanted to help you ... He takes great care of you and listens and answers to every question and concern. If i didn't understand something he broke it down. He took time with me and didnt rush me out of the room. ... During the retrieval process nothing was changed because everything was going well The first frozen transfer we transferred only 1 - however, that resulted in no pregnancy. The second transfer we transferred 2 and that resulted in a pregnancy.
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Russell main goal is to get you pregnant. He takes great care of you and listens and answers to every question and concern. If i didn't understand something he broke it down. He took time with me and didnt rush me out of the room.
Just that he is a really good doctor.
The entire staff took the time to get to know you. After a few visits they knew you by name. Dr. Russell was the same way - he knew who you were and wanted to help you
During the retrieval process nothing was changed because everything was going well The first frozen transfer we transferred only 1 - however, that resulted in no pregnancy. The second transfer we transferred 2 and that resulted in a pregnancy. However, I lost the baby at 9 weeks. Dr. Russell made me get blood work done to find out why and we found that my body attacked the fetus. When we did our last transfer with our last 2 embryos - we had a new protocol - if that resulted in pregnancy then we were to start Heparin. It didnt get to that point.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lauren Rainey)
There are many people that make his practice flow efficiently. The entire staff was a pleasure to be around. When I miscarried the amount of support and compassion the ladies showed me was overwhelming. They went above and beyond my expectations.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Sometimes the wait was a little long. But I feel it all went smoothly in the long run. I would tell a new patient to allow themselves a little bit more time as it can get a little backed up. But most of the time you are in and out.
All together I spent nearly $13,000 out of pocket for the retrieval and medications - not to mention the extra $3000 for subsequent cycles.
He discussed both options thoroughly with us. However, he knew at the end of the day it was ultimately our decision and with the amount of time we have tried he was willing to transfer how many we wanted.

2012 - 2018
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
When I first went to Dr. Russell, I only ended up with two embryos after egg retrieval; both were implanted, but neither stuck. At that point, I went on a high protein/whole grain only diet to improve egg quality ... I ended up with 7 embryos. ... Neither implant was successful, so I ended up doing 4 mock trials, with adjustment to medication each time. In the last mock trial, I was on very little medication (Letrizole, but no progesterone or estrace), which proved the best results. I followed that mock trial with an implant cycle, and I became pregnant (I am currently 27 weeks pregnant).
2012 - 2018
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
He treats each patient as an individual and makes sure the treatment plan fits the patient. He adjusts the plan as results come in, which is wonderful. He called me on his personal line to make sure I knew necessary steps and information, which shows that he cares about each patient. He also always exuded confidence, yet he was always honest and upfront. I felt that if our plan didn’t work, which it sometimes didn’t, he had another idea to try.
Take things one step at a time. I didn’t always know possible outcomes because so many different things could happen. Cross each bridge as you come to it.
I consulted with Dr. Russell on many occasions about our plan, and it was obvious that the plan was tailored to my needs/results. He was caring, especially when I was going through emotional struggles.
When I first went to Dr. Russell, I only ended up with two embryos after egg retrieval; both were implanted, but neither stuck. At that point, I went on a high protein/whole grain only diet to improve egg quality ... I ended up with 7 embryos. On my next implant, two of those embryos were implanted, and one took, which resulted in a healthy baby. When I came back to Dr. Russell 4 years later, he followed the same protocol that was used in my first successful pregnancy. Neither implant was successful, so I ended up doing 4 mock trials, with adjustment to medication each time. In the last mock trial, I was on very little medication (Letrizole, but no progesterone or estrace), which proved the best results. I followed that mock trial with an implant cycle, and I became pregnant (I am currently 27 weeks pregnant).
Always so warm, welcoming, and kind
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone is kind, caring, and compassionate, from the nurses, to the doctors, to the receptionists and billing directors. They clearly all work as a team, and they are very good about communication. I have no weaknesses to report.
Copays through insurance, Frozen embryo storage, pre-genetic screening

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
Dr Russell has always been very upfront and honest with my husband and myself. We believe that he truly cares if these treatments are successful and that he will consistently attempt to “tweak” our treatments based on our individual needs until we get our rainbow baby.... He builds his treatment based out of your individual needs, where you don’t feel so, “cookie cutter.”... We have done multiple rounds of 150mg Clomid, multiple cycles of Clomid and Follistim combined with intercourse. For IVF, We did 300 Follistim and 50 of Hcg daily with Ganirelix towards the end closer to retrieval.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
Dr Russell has always been very upfront and honest with my husband and myself. He builds his treatment based out of your individual needs, where you don’t feel so, “cookie cutter.” If we ask questions he answers to the absolute best of his ability and we take comfort in his honesty with us.
Listen. Listen to what his recommendations for you are. If it’s diet and exercise, do it. Follow what he tells you, because he truly does want you to be successful and have the baby that you so badly want.
We have done multiple rounds of 150mg Clomid, multiple cycles of Clomid and Follistim combined with intercourse. For IVF, We did 300 Follistim and 50 of Hcg daily with Ganirelix towards the end closer to retrieval. Retrieved 14 eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, 2 made it to blast and ended up with 1 normal male embryo. We transferred him and miscarried at 6.5 weeks following ultrasound which showed gestational sac, yolk sac and fetal pole. Unfortunately, we can not afford to have any additional rounds of ivf and have no embryos left.
The nursing staff at DIRM listen to my husband and myself. They connect with Dr Russell if we have questions that they can’t answer about our care (even if he is away on vacation or out of the office). During our two losses, they were very compassionate.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I don’t have any weaknesses to give! We truly believe that they want us to have our rainbow baby and that they work very hard to offer us the individual treatment plans based on our needs. At other offices in our area, we felt like our treatment was very “cookie cutter,” and all treatments were exactly the same as the next persons. Dr Russell also tests for things like Natural Killer Cells and auto immune issues that other facilities don’t always believe in, or test for. Having four losses, Dr Russell takes our care very seriously.
Cloned cycles were mostly covered by insurance, ivf was around $7500 medications roughly $3k, PGS $3k.
Due to having only one normal, one was our only option. But had we had two healthy embryos through PGS, Dr Russell told us that he would strongly advise against placing more than one.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
For both IVF cycles [with Dr. Jeffrey Russell] I did the same medications, just sometimes different dosages depending on how the follicles were responding. We also had to be careful due to having PCOS to not overstimulate. We used the Gonal F rediject pen and would alternate between 275/300/325, Follitism injections (I forget dosage), and a trigger shot. I was also on estrsce 2mg and a few others. For the embryo transfers - 1st one I was on progesterone suppositories, progesterone injections, estrace, and baby aspirin. Failed. The 2nd transfer I had a biopsy done and I had too much progesterone so we only used the Progesterone Injections, Estrace, and Aspirin
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Russell is amazing. Some may say he is blunt and to the point, but I would rather he be honest than sugarcoat things like some other doctors. He is very knowledgeable and treats you like a person, not just another number bringing in money. I would definitely recommend Dr. Russell and his team to anyone going through infertility.
If you feel like you do not understand something, ask! He is so knowledgable.
Dr. Russell and his team are amazing. Although I did end up miscarrying, they were always there to help and guide me along the journey and were so supportive with the miscarriage. We were all like family and when I felt loss, they felt it too.
For both IVF cycles I did the same medications, just sometimes different dosages depending on how the follicles were responding. We also had to be careful due to having PCOS to not overstimulate. We used the Gonal F rediject pen and would alternate between 275/300/325, Follitism injections (I forget dosage), and a trigger shot. I was also on estrsce 2mg and a few others. For the embryo transfers - 1st one I was on progesterone suppositories, progesterone injections, estrace, and baby aspirin. Failed. The 2nd transfer I had a biopsy done and I had too much progesterone so we only used the Progesterone Injections, Estrace, and Aspirin.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lauren, Janet, and Siobhan)
Lauren, Janet, and Siobhan were AMAZING! I could not have asked for a better group of ladies. Every visit I was welcomed with smiles and they were truly with me through every step. Once I lost the baby I could just tell that they felt the sadness too and they went above and beyond to comfort me. They are the best and I am forever grateful to them for their love and care!
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Honestly the only problem I had with DIRM was with Angie. She can be friendly sometimes, but very rude other times. I would call back later and talk with someone else to figure out what I needed to do because she was just rude. Otherwise, they are an excellent doctors office and I hope that I can return soon for another chance to become a Mom!
My first cycle was covered by insurance except my deductible which was $4500. I had to pay about $300 each time I needed IVF medication. The 2nd cycle was only partially paid for so I had to pay $3000 for my frozen embryo transfer and out of pocket for all medications.
The first cycle he wanted to transfer just one (I only had one anyway) but said if it failed next time we could try 2 but it would not increase our chances of success. The second IVF we transferred 2 and were pregnant with a singleton until we miscarried at 10 weeks.

Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Immunological
We used an antagonist protocol [with Dr. Jeffrey Russell] - follistim, ganirelix, and microdose hcg, and then progesterone suppositories for retrieval. Our trigger was pregnyl. We got 10 eggs, all mature. 5 made it to blastocyst stage, 3 PGS tested normal. FET progesterone suppositories and IM injections, medrol, and an antibiotic. Resulted in positive pregnancy, but miscarried at 4.5 weeks. Diagnostics showed high NK cell count and endometritis.
Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Immunological
He is the best in the state. Up to date with the latest science and technologies. Has a calm and friendly approach. Tells you like it is without judgment or scorn. Helps you to understand everything including each step, the science behind it, and expectations.
You are in great hands. He’s the best in the area and knows what he’s doing. Make sure to do your research at home and have questions prepared.
Everyone in the office is very friendly and down-to-earth, treats you with compassion.
We used an antagonist protocol - follistim, ganirelix, and microdose hcg, and then progesterone suppositories for retrieval. Our trigger was pregnyl. We got 10 eggs, all mature. 5 made it to blastocyst stage, 3 PGS tested normal. FET progesterone suppositories and IM injections, medrol, and an antibiotic. Resulted in positive pregnancy, but miscarried at 4.5 weeks. Diagnostics showed high NK cell count and endometritis.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Angie White)
She was their IVF coordinator. She gave good and clear instructions regarding the process, timing of medications, etc. the rest of the staff are medical assistants. They are all super friendly, compassionate, and treat you like family. They’re also very good at keeping you informed and explaining everything.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Great for scheduling appointments and getting in quickly. Great communicating with the NP or medical assistants on the phone or through email. Billing is super easy. They’re up on the latest technology and protocols and have your best interests at heart.
Egg retrieval for one cycle was $9000. Meds were about $3600. Each transfer is $3000.
We only wanted to transfer one, but he also recommended just one based on my age and good health, great embryo quality, and in case it didn’t work we could tweak it next transfer.

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Russell is the only physician in the clinic which has 2 locations. My appointments were never on time as scheduled and he never seemed to read my chart before meeting with us. He is stretched way too thin for the volume of patients he sees. There’s no way for him to have a good grasp on every patients situation when he is the only one running the show...as things failed over time, he had no real answers. There was a lot of false hope given with nothing left in the end. His main focus is on protein and how the diet will cure your eggs.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Russell is overtly confident. Which was great in the beginning because we needed hope. However as things failed over time, he had no real answers. There was a lot of false hope given with nothing left in the end. His main focus is on protein and how the diet will cure your eggs. I found this to be completely void of actual fact as I did everything he told me and still has no viable embryos. He is pompous and makes very brash statements. He doesn’t think before he speaks. I wish I had done more research before choosing his clinic.
Do your research. Check his SART scores and success rates. He will tell you what you want to hear but doesn’t produce results.
He uses follistim 300 and microdose HCG 50 pretty frequently. Then introduces ganarelix later.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Celina McHugh)
Celina is amazing and was the main reason that I stayed at the clinic for 2 cycles despite our poor outcomes. She is compassionate, and treats you as though you are the only patient there even if she has a waiting room full of people.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Overall the clinic seems overworked and understaffed. During my monitoring appointments on the weekend, every one looked tired and run down. They didn’t seem happy. The clinic does batch cycling. So everyone is stimulated at the same time. It’s such a stressful time of a woman’s life, the staff really needs to be mindful of how they appear to us.
PGS testing was $3,000 For up to 8 embryos. The transfer and retrieval were covered under insurance but we still had approx $6,000 in out of pocket costs including copays and deductible. The injections were so costly. We spent thousands of dollars on the medications.
He was willing to transfer more than one embryo - I think especially if they are not PGS tested so quality was unknown.
Newark

Dr Russell is very straight to the point, but provides all of the details and information necessary. I prefer this over someone who talks around in circles and just tells me what they think I'd want to hear. He's cautious but ready to move forward as long as you are.... We did 4 IUIs total. The first two I only used a trigger shot for timing. The next two we used clomid as well as the trigger shot. We moved onto IVF and my shots included menopur, gonal-F and cetrotide. He retrieved 25 eggs with 13 mature. They were concerned that I'd have Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome and quickly put me on medication to avoid OHSS, which worked. We had 5 embryos to freeze and opted to do testing which resulted in only one normal embryo.
He is extremely straight forward and prepared to hit the ground running as long as you are. After a year of trying on our own, I was happy to have a doctor like this. Minutes after our first meeting with him, I was getting blood drawn and an ultrasound (both things that I was on board with). He doesn't force any next steps on you.
The office is on the smaller side so you got to know everyone who worked there. You would see the same individuals at each appointment so they all get to know you and your story.
We did 4 IUIs total. The first two I only used a trigger shot for timing. The next two we used clomid as well as the trigger shot. We moved onto IVF and my shots included menopur, gonal-F and cetrotide. He retrieved 25 eggs with 13 mature. They were concerned that I'd have Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome and quickly put me on medication to avoid OHSS, which worked. We had 5 embryos to freeze and opted to do testing which resulted in only one normal embryo. Because we only have one embryo, Dr Russell is being cautious and I am currently in the process of a mock cycle for the transfer. I've been on estrace and will start progesterone shortly to confirm that the timing would be perfect for a transfer. I appreciate that he is doing everything possible to ensure that this embryo implants when we do the actual transfer.
The nursing staff is great and always there to listen to your fears and concerns. They go above and beyond to make you calm and comfortable. They were amazing for my egg retrieval when I just couldn't stop crying from nerves (and probably hormones too).
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
It is a small clinic so you always see the same familiar faces which is great. I've trusted any treatment that has been suggested. They communicate all details very well so you're never left wondering what your next steps will be and why.
I switched insurance plans through the process. Our IUIs were out of pocket with my previous insurance but IVF has been covered by my new insurance so far. We chose to do genetic screening that my insurance did not cover so that was out of pocket. I've never seen another doctor to compare prices of the IUIs but from talking to other women, the costs seems comparable.

Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Russell has given us HOPE in process that has been very emotional, physical, and financially draining! We are confident that once the transfer occurs we will see are healthy baby in 9 months!!... After stopping the hormones before the retrieval, he was able to successful retrieve 53 eggs and I did not end up having any complications from the hypo stimulation. My ovaries healed with no problems.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Prior to being treated by Dr. Russell, by GYN tried treating me with a course of fertility medication and over prescribed one of the medications, which led to distrust. He also did not explain scar tissue was a possibility after he removed my fibroids. The best thing he could have done is recommend me to Dr. Russell. Dr. Russell and his team have been nothing less than phenomenal! Dr. Russell is extremely knowledgeable and has been very dead on as my diagnosis and properly treating me. I have full confidence in him as he has restored my hope. Now we have two healthy embryos that are awaiting transfer. Instead of moving directly into the transfer, he is doing a mock cycle first to check my uterine lining to ensure it is prepared before implanting my embryo. Many doctors would not have taken the time to do this. He also strongly suggested genetics testing which I thankful we did as there were some abnormal eggs. We are taking the safe route of having one embryo implanted and will later implant the second after our first success pregnancy. I have a friend who went through 3 unsuccessful cycles of IVF with another local provider and is now with Dr. Russell and has raved about the notable difference including Dr. Russell and his team addressing proper nutrition. Dr. Russell has given us HOPE in process that has been very emotional, physical, and financially draining! We are confident that once the transfer occurs we will see are healthy baby in 9 months!!
Please be flexible with your schedule and patient in the process. All the steps that have to be taken can be overwhelming, but don't hesitate to communicate all of your concerns because the staff are always available to answer questions even after hours.
Dr. Russell and his team show genuine empathy and a caring nature. I never felt like a number even with the number of patients that come to his practice. They always greeted me by name and have taken the time to get to know me.
During the initial injections of hormones, I had to inject a total of 300mg of follistim twice daily. Initially my body did not respond, so he increased the dosage to 600mg and instantly my body responded. My body actually responded to well and I ended up going into hypo stimulation and then my medications were reduced and Dr. Russell moved me directly into egg retrieval to avoid any complications. After stopping the hormones before the retrieval, he was able to successful retrieve 53 eggs and I did not end up having any complications from the hypo stimulation. My ovaries healed with no problems.
The nursing staff have always been available to answer questions. They are also very knowledgeable. After my retrieval, Dr. Russell had to travel the next week for a conference. The Physician Assistant gave me her cell number to contact her with questions or concerns. I had to reach out to her on two different occasions over the weekend and she was very responsive. During one of my visits, I mentioned to one of the nurses that I wanted to find another GYN because of my lack of trust. She took time out to call me with names of GYN practices that specialize in handling advanced age pregnancies. She even shared with me her experience clearly understood why finding a provider that is knowledgeable and empathetic is important to me. The nursing staff always greets me and ask me how I'm feeling. Even the phlebotomist are super friendly. Everyone makes you feel super comfortable.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
At this practice, you do everything in one place which makes it more convenient especially when you have to dedicate so much time traveling back and forth through the IVF process. The hours are flexible and the start at 7:30a which makes it easy to get back to work in a good timeframe. You never have to wait a long time, even with the number of patients that come in. They are super efficient. You even get your instructions via a phone voice mailbox and through the online patient portal. They make things super convenient and are always available for questions, which is important when you going through IVF.
I never had an issue getting an appointment. On the day of my monitoring visits, I was always seen in a reasonable timeframe. Things ran very smoothly and efficiently.
Total for IVF procedure including genetic testing $16,000 about $3000 for each IUI procedure (twice), about $4000 in medication cost.
Dr. Russell is a strong advocate for single embryo transfers because of the risk factors involved with multiple. He explained that years again, they did not have the technology that they have now, so they implanted multiple embryos. He explained that multiple embryo transfers can also increase the risk of premature birth. Based on his success rates and his years of experience and research here in the US and abroad, I am fully confident that the single embryo transfer is the best option, especially with all that we have already invested. Why take the additional risk when you don't have to...
Newark

Dr. Russell is a busy man and runs an efficient practice. He gets straight to the point and may seem rough to hear but there is no other way to explain each persons infertility. Lauren is who we saw at most visits. Dr. Russell was present in the office.... We were encourage to only to transfer 1 embryo. My husband and I have waited 10 years to do IVF, we decided 2 embryo transfer was best for our family.
Go to your first appt with an open mind and be ready for a journey of a lifetime.
Dr. Russell, Lauren and the complete staff treated us with care and great bedside manner. Dr. Russell gets straight to the point.
We started our process 1/2018 with consultation, 2/18 nutrition class with Lauren, 3/18 labs and scans with Celina, RN, 4/18 started medications birth control injections and Dr. appts, 5/18 continued oral meds and started stims folistim, birth control, progesterone retrieval of 24 embryos, 6/19/18 transfer day for A and B. 6/29/19 POSITIVE HCG! 7/18 continued weekly ultra sound and appts, 8/18 more appts...9/18 released to OBGYN, 10/2018 announced our pregnancy to social media, 11/18 ultra sound appts, 12/18 took a baby moon and maternity photos, 1/2019 celebrated with 3 baby showers, 2/19 Baby was born at 37 weeks and 4 days due to low amniotic fluid. We have a healthy Baby boy thanks to Dr. Russell and his team of professionals! Thank you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lauren, Celina)
Lauren, Celina, Angie and the entire team
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Team of nurses are amazing Lauren, Celina, Mary Kate, Siobhan, Angie all communicate well with voicemails and emails. Prompt office even for the amount of volume. They are all efficient some lack bed side manner sometime since they have large groups of retrievals
Jennifer Jess at Dr. Russell’s office phenomenal she explains each cost, efficient, obtains tier overrides with insurance company, provides resources for medication. My insurance was billed 38k, my out of pocket estimate 6k. One thing is the genetic testing cost. I wish were told the total cost ahead of time 3,700.
We were encourage to only to transfer 1 embryo. My husband and I have waited 10 years to do IVF, we decided 2 embryo transfer was best for our family. So I would have no regrets and financially if we were taking our chances why not 2. Dr. Russell had us sign forms.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Other
He [Dr. Russell] is always positive about how situation and takes everything one step at a time. He keeps me grounded and makes the new essay adjustments to my treatment. He explains things very well. His diagnostic work up is very comprehensive and during my work up discovered I have a pituitary adenoma... We first started the diagnostic work up for both my husband and myself. Discovered that my husband has male factor problems and he was started on vitamins and given examples of food to eat to help make the quality of his sperm better.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Other
He is always positive about how situation and takes everything one step at a time. He keeps me grounded and makes the new essay adjustments to my treatment. He explains things very well. His diagnostic work up is very comprehensive and during my work up discovered I have a pituitary adenoma
He’s awesome!
He’s very personable and understanding on how sensitive our situation is
We first started the diagnostic work up for both my husband and myself. Discovered that my husband has male factor problems and he was started on vitamins and given examples of food to eat to help make the quality of his sperm better. After my work up, I was started on 2 medications that I will take until he says stop. Both medicines help with hormones issues caused by my tumor. He monitors everything very closely and makes the nescessary adjustments to my treatment so we can have the best outcomes possible.
Celina McHugh is heaven sent. The fact that she was gone through the same treatments, makes her so much more understanding compared to everyone else. She always responds to my texts when I’m freaking out about something. She explains that everything I’m going through is normal and not to worry.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
It’s a small office but the staff is amazing!! It’s almost like you become friends with everyone. They always address you by first name and ask how you’re doing. They take care of you like you’re family which is I think is necessary because of what you are going through. You don’t need staff that is distant and treats you like a number. We all have the same goal and everyone is doing everything in their power to make that happen
My experience with monitoring appointments was made super easy. The bloodwork requested was always explained to me and everything that showed on my ultrasound was explained to me. No matter how many questions I had, Celina took the time to explain every little detail. She should seriously write a book to help women through this process. The amount of knowledge she has is amazing.
The IUI cost $2,500 not including medications. The first IVF cycle as of now is $12,00. We haven’t done the transfer yet and that is an additional $3,000 not including medications
My doctor only does single embryo transfers.

IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Dr. Russell explained everything to us about our infertility journey, he helped us understand the positives and the negatives... Dr. Russell and his team are amazing, caring, knowledgeable people. They have really helped me through some difficult times, I can't say enough good things about them!! :-)...They take the time to sit and talk with you.
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Dr. Russell explained everything to us about our infertility journey, he helped us understand the positives and the negatives. There were times when I was disappointed when we received news that we weren't pregnant, after knowing my lab and lining numbers were looking good. I later realized that this journey is trial and error, I've learned to be positive through out this. I don't blame anyone, I just never realized how much of an emotional roller coaster ride this would be. Dr. Russell and his team are amazing, caring, knowledgeable people. They have really helped me through some difficult times, I can't say enough good things about them!! :-)
Be patient, think positive, have faith, ask questions. Know that you're not the only one going through this journey and there are support classes if needed.
Dr. Russell and his team from day 1 has been extremely helpful with helping my husband and I through this infertility journey. They take the time to sit and talk with you. I highly recommend DIRM to anyone experiencing any type of infertility.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Charlotte Lott )
Charlotte as well as the rest of Dr. Russell's team are so compassionate, informative, and willing to make your visit the best that it can possibly be. Charlotte is an amazing coordinator / person! We are very pleased we chose DIRM!
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I can't honestly think of any weaknesses. The staff is very dedicated to their job and getting the patient what they want (a baby/babies). They're compassionate, understanding and willing to go that extra mile. There have been days where I wanted to give up on trying to conceive, but the staff has made me feel that this is possible.
The financial part of this process has been hard for me to swallow.
Dr. Russell transfered 1 embryo at a time. He informed that if I had multiple miscarriages, then he would consider multiple embryo transfers at once.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Dr. Russel was amazing when we met with him for a second opinion and treatment planning. He was blunt and direct in providing us information and provided us with our best options for conceptions and made my husband and I feel very confident about the treatment we would receive from him.... I appreciated his honesty and lack of sugar coated information about my diagnosis, test results, and treatment plan.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Loved Dr. Russell’s blunt delivery of information and the confidence he had in delivering info about our best options for conception and treatment moving forward. I appreciated his honesty and lack of sugar coated information about my diagnosis, test results, and treatment plan.
I wouldn’t have any advice to give other than he is definitely worth seeing. His approach and attitude are amazing.
Dr. Russell first advised that despite my diminished ovarian reserves, we could have great success using clomid, he also informed us given the low ovarian reserve numbers and probably quality of remaining eggs IVF using my own eggs wasn’t the best option for us as it likely wouldn’t yield us a child, but that he felt fairly confident with fertility drugs and clomid we would likely have success. However due to being a genetic carrier for fragile X we discussed that we would have to weigh potential risks versus benefits. He offered IVF using donor egg as an alternative giving the best results for us to have a child, which is ultimately the route we opted to go with.
Every one within the practice that we’ve had exposure to has been amazing. Dr. Russell definitely surrounds himself with a stellar team.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The office has quick and convenient scheduling and the online portal is easy to use. Dr. Russell Is amazing. We have No complaints thus far, and are looking forward to completing our treatment with his clinic with the support of him and his amazing staff.
We are told the cost of or donor egg treatments will be $25,000. I also receive a discounted rate because of my employer.
No thoughts/comments yet as we haven’t started the transfer process yet.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Dr. Russell really cares. I had much better results when I switched to his care...Even being the only doctor at his practice, I believe I saw him at every one of my appointments... Dr. Russell even reached out to me on his cell phone after hours...Doctor is in it to help patients have success. ...Used estrogen 2mg, 3x a day for about a month before starting stim meds. Added progesterone twice a day the last week or so of estrogen. Egg retrieval-clomid 50 twice a day for the first 5 days, 100 low dose hcg, and follistim twice a day.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Dr. Russell really cares. I had much better results when I switched to his care from another practice. Even being the only doctor at his practice, I believe I saw him at every one of my appointments. I didn’t see a doctor nearly as often at the practice I went to prior, even though the practice had multiple doctors. Dr. Russell even reached out to me on his cell phone after hours. At the practice I went to prior, I couldn’t even communicate directly with a doctor online.
Make an appointment with him if you haven’t already.
Felt like as much of a human as possible. The staff is very comforting. The simplest things like holding my hand (while my husband held the other or during egg retrieval when he wasn’t in the room or the few appointments he couldn’t make) really helped me feel better.
Used estrogen 2mg, 3x a day for about a month before starting stim meds. Added progesterone twice a day the last week or so of estrogen. Egg retrieval-clomid 50 twice a day for the first 5 days, 100 low dose hcg, and follistim twice a day. I forget the total but I think it was around 375? 400? Maybe up to 450? Added cetrotide a few days in. Lupron trigger. Resulted in 12 eggs, 11 mature. More than double the mature eggs retrieved at the practice I used prior to Dr. Russell’s.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Angie)
Everyone is great.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Easy to communicate with. Billing department is great. We understood how our money was being applied. Warm, friendly staff. Doctor is in it to help patients have success. Happy to have found the practice.
We had insurance coverage. We had a coinsurance and we were told of the exact amount and how it was calculated long before it was due.
Haven’t transferred my embryos yet.

Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr Russell first was nice which is important. He explained and answered all questions in an understandable tone. He gave options and he never made me feel like I was asking too many questions.... I had fibroids, he suggested me to have them removed before the transfer and start of treatment, I did. It was a success with my transfer on the first time, again, unfortunately I miscarried
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr Russell first was nice which is important. He explained and answered all questions in an understandable tone. He gave options and he never made me feel like I was asking too many questions. With this treatment you need a Doctor that will listen, address you and give you the best , realistic options. And he did just that for me
I would advise to do research so that you can have more direct questions to ask relating to yourself.
Dr. Russell and his staff was completely relatable, comforting and professional. he was available during my treatment and exams which was a very important detail. He did not cut corners with me which I respected. Unfortunately I miscarried however I am going to continue to try and I would not go on this journey with no other doctor. I felt most comfortable and I felt like he and his staff cares. I love this place and I hope my next go is a success
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Deb)
She and staff was great, very sensitive to my mishap and also there for any and all questions that I had. Even after treatment they are still great communicators with questions that I have going forward to start IVF again
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
clinic was great, no complaints. You did not have to wait long once arrival for appointments. seating area was comfortable. upon arrival you were greeted which is important. The front staff was pleasant and also available to accommodate any changes or notes needed to take for work
I will say , my research show Dr Russell at that time... to have better rates

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological
We did back to back retrievals [with Dr. Jeffrey Russell] only weeks apart (no month break in between) in order to batch embryos for PGS. I asked if this was wise to do without giving my body a break and I was instructed that it was perfectly fine. Well my first retrieval we got 12 eggs and ended up with 2 blastocysts. The next cycle only weeks later we only got 5 eggs which resulted in only 1 blastocyst. Ultimately after PGS testing we only had 1 normal embryo.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological
I came to Dr. Russell for a second opinion and he talked a good game. He led us to believe he could do a lot more for us than the previous clinic we came from so we switched to him partly because of his confidence & knowledge and also because a friend of mine worked in his office. We did back to back retrievals only weeks apart (no month break in between) in order to batch embryos for PGS. I asked if this was wise to do without giving my body a break and I was instructed that it was perfectly fine. Well my first retrieval we got 12 eggs and ended up with 2 blastocysts. The next cycle only weeks later we only got 5 eggs which resulted in only 1 blastocyst. Ultimately after PGS testing we only had 1 normal embryo. We transferred the normal embryo which resulted in a positive pregnancy test. Unfortunately the pregnancy did not progress normally which resulted in a miscarriage (which we were told he had never seen before with a PGS normal embryo) after this we were on the fence whether to switch doctors but decided to give it one more chance with him. My last retrieval with Dr. Russell resulted in 9 eggs of which we got zero embryos/blastocysts. We were told by Dr. Russell that something was intrinsically wrong with my eggs. We then decided to switch doctors for our 3rd opinion which we ended up with amazing results! No issues with my eggs! First cycle with the new doctor resulted in 11 eggs, 9 mature, 7 fertilized & 6 blastocysts of which 4 were PGS normal!
Do your research & don’t always believe the statistics he throws around. I believe he gives false hope with his percentages.
All patients are put on the same schedule for monitoring & retrieval week. I had done 2 retrievals prior to coming to Dr. Russell & I don’t feel as though he tried to change my protocol in anyway except adding higher doses of low dose hcg which did not work & I did 3 retrievals with him using the same protocol! Frustrating!
Same protocol for each retrieval, follistim 300-375 twice a day as well as low dose hcg in high quantities. Ganirelix/certitide added when needed. First retrieval resulted in 12 eggs with only 2 blastocysts. Second to retrieve all the following month resulted in 5 eggs and 1 blastocyst. Final retrieval resulted in 9 eggs & no blastocysts/embryos. I truly feel my eggs were fried or there was lab error with my last retrieval.
Angie is awful! Very unorganized, talked fast when leaving messages, no explanation of why if any changes to med dosages. She showed no compassion any of the times I met with her.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Make sure you do your research before choosing this clinic. Dr. Russell has knowledge in the area but is a bit old school at times and if you are a difficult case I don’t think he is willing to think outside of the box & change protocols.
We paid out of pocket for many procedures after our insurance benefits were exhausted. We switched insurance carriers the following year & the financial department did not check benefits so we assumed we had to pay out of pocket. Upon switching to a new clinic they checked our benefits and we indeed had some benefits. I had to contact Dr. Russell’s office to be reimbursed for the treatments I had paid out of pocket for, in which case we were reimbursed thankfully!

2 IVF, Donor Sperm
When Dr. Russel had bad news about my first egg retrieval (no embryos) he called me himself to give me the news and told me what the next steps were.... Although his bedside manner is kind of blunt he does have compassion when things don’t go he way you had hoped. If bad news has to be given he calls you himself.... High protein diet and vitamins for better egg quality. Clomid and low caffeine/sugar for my husband because of male factor to see if that makes any difference.
2 IVF, Donor Sperm
Although his bedside manner is kind of blunt he does have compassion when things don’t go he way you had hoped. If bad news has to be given he calls you himself. He’s clear about what steps need to be taken and WANTS you to get pregnant.
He tells it like it is and don’t expect hand holding through the process. He IS compassionate but expects you to do exactly what he says so you’re successful.
High protein diet and vitamins for better egg quality. Clomid and low caffeine/sugar for my husband because of male factor to see if that makes any difference. It didn’t but the suggestions were helpful. Menopur, ganirillex, and follistim injections for eggs as well as estrace and progesterone suppositories. Progesterone injections for and post transfer. Transfer of 1 embryo resulted in live birth of baby boy.
The nursing staff is wonderful! One of them saw me at the hospital before an OB appointment and greeted me by name even though I didn’t remember hers.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic is very efficient. I was seen on time 95% of the time. There are a lot of people who work there so you won’t remember names. The Milford office is much smaller and I would go there when I can.
Because of our insurance we paid much less out of pocket. This was all laid out for us by the billing department. We had a 20% copay per visit and paid about $2500 for retrieval.
Newark

With my medicated ivf cycle, dr Russell’s main strategy was to keep an eye on me to ensure my body was accepting the medication properly. I saw him every other day while undergoing injections to be monitored....He covered every aspect of fertility with me, to include diet, nutrition, exercise, and daily life. He allowed me to understand my body more to grasp how fertility works and evolves.
Dr Russell was incredibly knowledgeable in his field. He has a true passion for the fertility world. He made me feel mattered as a patient. He covered every aspect of fertility with me, to include diet, nutrition, exercise, and daily life. He allowed me to understand my body more to grasp how fertility works and evolves.
Come with questions ready and do not shy from asking them. Dr Russell is very forth coming with his information and blunt about what is going on. He has a great bedside manner but will still tell you how things really are. He loves to answer questions and help in all areas of overall well-being and health.
The entire staff knew me by name and knew my medical history. I never had to repeat myself. The nursing staff always called me after appointments to check in on how I was doing.
With my medicated ivf cycle, dr Russell’s main strategy was to keep an eye on me to ensure my body was accepting the medication properly. I saw him every other day while undergoing injections to be monitored. By doing this he was able to increase and decrease specific medications based on how I was reacting to these medications.
The nursing staff in general was excellent. All of them always knew who I was and greeted me in a kind manner. Upon leaving, they would call me 1-2 days after to check in on how I was doing with the process, treatment, transfer, and aftermath. They were compassionate and spoke to me like I was a human.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I live in a rural area, so, finding a clinic was hard. When I found this one, I was thankful that they had a smaller clinic closer to my house where I was able to have checkups and standard appointments. I only had to travel to the farthest clinic 2-3 times maximum. The strength is how thorough the clinic is. They constantly wanted to see me to check in, monitor, and evaluate me entirely. During my time there, everyone was engaged in my overall well being and satisfaction. The only weakness is that the clinic didn’t have a huge staff because of the clinic size. Although this was the primary reason that I chose to be seen there, many will view that as a negative aspect.
I remember my medication was about $4,000. The ivf cycle with monitoring, retrieval, and transfer was $11,000. Pgs testing was $750 let embryo from another clinic.
In my case, dr Russell preferred doing a eset because my medical condition that causes infertility would be tested out. Therefore, once we got a viable embryo, we knew my body would accept it. The staff didnsay that depending on the quality of the embryos on day 5, we could discuss doing a multiple transfer (I.e if the only viable ones I had were of lesser quality).
Newark

Well versed physician, however, my case encountered challenges from the start of the cycle. I wasn't offered many solutions outside of surgery and Dr. Russell didn't seem interested in exploring other options.... I would advise to go to Dr. Russell only if you're ok with not having much say in regards to your treatment and treatment options... I started an IVF cycle and suddenly developed a tubal blockage that wasn't seen on scans prior to starting injections. On day three the cycle was cancelled and I was advised to have surgery. There were no other options provided to me outside of surgery in order to move forward with the IVF.
Dr. Russell is the only doctor in the center, so he is very busy. He was always responsive, however, I felt he was unable to give me the specific attention I needed for unique case.
The nursing staff are very carrying. The IVF coordinator is extremely busy and seems to be a bit overwhelmed. The nursing staff were always responsive and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Long wait times at this clinic and set IVF cycles, very little flexibility. There are not many if any alternative options afforded to patients if the first option offered is not viable. Nurses are kind and very helpful, the fertility doctor is very busy and the IVF coordinator is difficult to get a hold of when needed.
9,000 for the cycle and 5,000 for the medications
This doctor seems to only do frozen single embryo transfers
Milford
Dr. Russell is very up front about what you need to be the most successful, but that is what I liked about him...He was always caring and compassionate...Go in there prepared to laugh, he likes to make his patients smile and lighten the mood...I liked that he gave numbers and best outcomes, he always remained positive. It was always "when" you get pregnant. When a treatment was needed, he would give details on why and how it could increase my odds and give me the option.
Dr. Russell is very up front about what you need to be the most successful, but that is what I liked about him. I wanted someone who was going to help me have a baby, I wanted to know what I could do to make that happened. He was always caring and compassionate.
Go in there prepared to laugh, he likes to make his patients smile and lighten the mood. He will do his best to make your dreams come true!
Both Dr. Russell and his staff were amazing during the entire process. Always greeted me with a warm smile. Even when times were tough, they were there. I had so many questions, and they always took time to answer every one of them.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Everyone is amazing! )
Everyone greeted you with a smile and always remembered your name. They were excited when you had good news. They shared moments with you!
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The staff is amazing and always warm and welcoming. They schedule appointments around your schedule and call when they have results to help you feel better. If you have questions they never let you leave until you feel comfortable.
Jennifer in billing always help me navigate with my insurance and helped me with billing.

2010 - 2017
2 IUI, IVF
Dr. Russell is extremely smart and knowledgeable which to the a sensitive person can be off putting. However, my husband and I found comfort in that he was the best person to achieve our goals of having a family. When we walked into his office at the ripe old age of 38 wanting to try for a third child he actually smiled and said that we have done it before we can do it again...Be prepared to be patient because there is only one doctor performing the procedures and answering questions your appointments may not always run on time.
2010 - 2017
2 IUI, IVF
Dr. Russell is extremely smart and knowledgeable which to the a sensitive person can be off putting. However, my husband and I found comfort in that he was the best person to achieve our goals of having a family. When we walked into his office at the ripe old age of 38 wanting to try for a third child he actually smiled and said that we have done it before we can do it again. As result we now have three beautiful children.
Don’t expect warm and fuzzy from Dr. Russell but do expect results. And in the end I would rather hold my children’s hands than a doctor’s l.
Every person in the office was incolved in the IVF process was on the same page. They knew my name and my husbands name. They greeted us warmly and were genuinely excited for each of our successful rounds.
I don’t remember the IUI however with IVF we had one unsuccessful round and after that round Dr. Russell changes the medications and added a nutrition component which worked on all 3 successful rounds after.
Friendly and knowledgeable! They are still friendly and remember my name when I see them out in public😀
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Huge strength is that it is a small clinic and that you always see the same faces and you always see the same doctor. Be prepared to be patient because there is only one doctor performing the procedures and answering questions your appointments may not always run on time.
Insurance covered first three rounds and $25 copay for each visit
My first two children had two embryos transferred which resulted in single births however with my third child because we did PGS we choose to do a single embryo.
Newark

I’m only partly through the process, which just includes tests. But Dr Russell has been honest and I genuinely feel cared about. During my first consult he gave me the news of my husbands very low sperm count, and that IVF would be the most promising option. I broke down and he assured me it wasn’t me and it was him, but everything would be okay. He was positive and even gave me a gentle pat on the way out. I felt at ease that he would take care of me
Hold nothing back and tell her him how you feel and what you would like.
Dr Russell gives the impresssion he genuinely cares
I have not started the IVF process.
The staff has been great. They all seem positive and want the best for me. Whether it’s giving me nutrition resources or support. They all have been great
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I’ve just started the process which only includes testing. The clinic is easily accessible and I have experienced no issues so far. I live about an hour and a half from the main location, but I’m willing to travel. That is not a problem because this is an important process. They also have a satellite office in Milford, which is very close to me.
So far I’ve just had to under go copay costs.
I have not started the IVF process
Newark

Dr. Russell is very straight forward and get to the point kind of man. He was extremely helpful in our process so far! Before my egg retrieval he even made me feel more comfortable by explaining everything again to me. Hands down best DR ever! ... All the medicine he gave to me all added up with the ivf process. From the birth control to the trigger shot! ... The first appointment is a lot to take in but don’t give up on them [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] they are a great team. They will go over everything with you more then once if they have to!
He will find anyway possible to make it work.
Every time I walk into the office the ladies knew my name, and we talked about real things. They are just amazing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Salina )
The girls in the Milford office were just amazing. They cared and listened to everything I said to them!
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The first appointment is a lot to take in but don’t give up on them they are a great team. They will go over everything with you more then once if they have to! Also they will work with you and around your schedule the best that they can! I work 40+ hours a week and have never missed a appointment. Couldn’t recommend them more !
Well I had great insurance. My insurance paid 80% so the cost to me was not as bad. The medicine how ever was a pretty penny. And even though I only have to pay 20% it’s still taking a toll on our family !
Not there yet
Newark

While he[Dr. Jeffrey Russell] isn't the warmest and fuzziest doctor I have ever had, he is straight and to the point. He is very honest and does alter your protocol depending on how you are responding. I feel as though he really does want the best for his patients and isn't worried about his statistical numbers.... He has a very dry sense of humor and is fairly direct, don't let that put you off. If you do as you should and follow his protocols, he will pull out all the stops to try and get you pregnant.
While he isn't the warmest and fuzziest doctor I have ever had, he is straight and to the point. He is very honest and does alter your protocol depending on how you are responding. I feel as though he really does want the best for his patients and isn't worried about his statistical numbers.
He and his staff always took the time to explain everything. You never feel rushed or as if they have another appointment they need to get you out for.
I don't know all the particulars off hand.
I have never been to a doctors office whos staff cares more about their patients. They aren't only focused on how you are doing medically, but want to know how you are feeling and if you are having any trouble.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I like that there are 2 locations in the state. I would love it if they had a third location that is closer to Maryland, but thankful that they have 2. The clinics have the most state of the art equipment available.
The biggest cost out of pocket is cryopreservation.
They favor one embryo transfer, but my husband and I have always elected to do a two embryo transfer. This has resulted in the birth of my son.
Milford

At first, when I switched to Dr. Russell, I was concerned because I had heard stories about his bedside manner. I was pleasantly surprised. All the staff are friendly and understanding. Dr. Russell is willing to meet with you at the drop of a dime if you have questions. We have adjusted my treatment several times, and although I am currently taking a break, I cannot wait to go back.
Go in with an open mind. Don't listen to anything you heard from others. Dr. Russell is amazing.
The staff is caring and there for you when you need it. They care.
Clomid, with increases when I was not responding due to better success rates. IUI (4 times). IVF discussions - have not started treatment yet because I cannot afford it currently.
The nursing staff are very friendly. They know you by name. They make treatment and things comfortable. It can be very nerve wrecking and awkward when you are in the treatment room, but they make it very comfortable.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is clean, inviting, and friendly. I like that patients with children are asked to sit in the lobbing until their appointment. This makes for those of us who are struggling more comfortable.
Each IUI, after insurance, costs me around $350.
did not discuss this
Milford

Dr Russell was very knowledgeable and was ready for all questions and answers. He was not pushy and gave all options including no treatment at all. Very funny and could even draw and write upside down... Found 2 out of 3 miscarriages were genetic abnormalities. Suggested IVF or we can continue trying but not sure how many additional miscarriages will occur before we carry a child to term.... Currently undergoing tests and then let them know our choice at our next sit down
Amazing, great bed side manner and great doctor who is compassionate and right down to business
They had my files from my OBGYN so knew a lot of information. They talked real talk and also joked around
Found 2 out of 3 miscarriages were genetic abnormalities. Suggested IVF or we can continue trying but not sure how many additional miscarriages will occur before we carry a child to term. Currently undergoing tests and then let them know our choice at our next sit down
They were very friendly funny and knowledgeable
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
They are very friendly. They are very private and make you feel comfortable and are compassionate about everyone’s case individually and as a whole. They go over your insurance process first so you know what to expect before you even begin to wonder and stress. They give you all options and do not pressure you into anything
All costs were covered with a copay except IVF treatment
Milford

He [Dr. Jeffrey Russell] was blunt, and took time to explain everything when questions were asked. He is not warm and fuzzy, but I didn't need that. He has a dry sense of humor, but I promise it's there. I would use his services again if needed. Over the years I worked with him for our infertility needs, I came to realize he does actually care, for his patients...High protein diet. Hormone injections, suppositories, oral meds.
He was blunt, and took time to explain everything when questions were asked. He is not warm and fuzzy, but I didn't need that. He has a dry sense of humor, but I promise it's there. I would use his services again if needed. Over the years I worked with him for our infertility needs, I came to realize he does actually care, for his patients.
He dosent sugar coat things, so don't expect him to hold your hand. However he is extremly professional and great at what he does. He is very intelligent when it comes to clinical expertise.
The clinical staff was terrific Dr. Russell explained everything as we went through the process.
High protein diet. Hormone injections, suppositories, oral meds. Staff was supportive on how to administer meds and purpose of meds.
Extremely caring and supportive.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Very organized, and compassionate staff. After many years of working with them I learned they work hard to make sure, you are informed and have everything you need. There is always someone to contact if you have questions or concerns.
9,000 for retrieval procedure. About 10,000 grand for meds.

PCOS, Unexplained
He [Dr. Jeffrey Russell] was very personal able and caring and made my care plan unique and specialized to my situation.... Clomid, tubal opening surgery and laparoscopy, 4 egg retrieval’s one with a hyoersensivuty reaction, 3 failed IVFs, egg drilling surgery, 1 IUI with a chemical pregnancy, next IUI gave us our son
PCOS, Unexplained
I had a great experience that resulted in our son. It was a long course and i had a very complicated situation but dr Russell never gave up hope and always had a plan and idea to keep us going! He never gave up until we got me pregnant. He was so caring and concerned and compassionate
Never give up hope.., it will happen for you too!
He was very personal able and caring and made my care plan unique and specialized to my situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Angie and Deb)
Everyone was so incredibly helpful and caring and accomadating. I felt so loved and cared for and that they were really concerned about me and wanted me to get pregnant so bad! Everyone was always so happy and pleasant and willing to help!
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was amazing! Everyone was so helpful and nice and friendly and caring. They bend over backwards And make you feel like you are their only and most important patient. It felt like a family being in there and i enjoyed going to every appt
Over $35000
Newark

Dr. Russell was direct and honest and dealt with my emotions with honesty and support. I felt the plan was customized to our wishes and my medical situation. He was our second opinion and I felt more comfortable with him immediately! ... He is direct but in a good honest way. He listened to our individual concerns and inspired confidence in the plan he made for our situation. He has a good sense of humor and clearly cares about his work.
He may seem blunt but he knows what he’s talking about.
As my second opinion he recommended either laparoscopic surgery to see if my tubes were blocked or to stop trying IUI and go to IVF. Not my first choice either way, but he was confident I was a good ivf candidate so we trusted his expertise.
Everyone we encountered was professional and caring. That even card across in the daily voicemails during the ivf process.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I think overall it was as pleasant an experience as possible given how hard infertility is. I don’t have any major criticism. That’s all I have to say but for some reason I have to have 200 characters. Seems silly.
We paid about 10k out of pocket for ivf round but we had really good insurance.
Glad he prefers to transfer one. It’s safer for mom and baby.
Newark

I felt like I never saw him [Dr. Russell] after a few appointments and to this day I still have so may unanswered questions because he was never around to ask. ... I think he is a very smart mad and is very to the point when you see him ... Pick him if you feel comfortable with him from the first appointment this is a very hard road to take and you wanna be on it with someone you like and trust! ...
I think he is a very smart mad and is very to the point when you see him but as a patient I felt like I never saw him after a few appointments and to this day I still have so may unanswered questions because he was never around to ask.
I felt important till I was there for a few months then didn’t feel important and it became all about money. When I ran out of money I was told I couldn’t come back and that made me feel even worse.
They are very sweet and smart they all make you feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
They are all very nice and accommodating but make sure you completely understand what’s going on and getting full answers to your questions. Make sure you go at your own pace and not do things just because they think that’s the next step. Feel free to sit with the financial person as much as you want so you know what you are spending and how much things are costing.
I didn’t go through this.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Other
He [Dr. Jeffrey Russell] is knowledgeable and willing to help in any way he can, both medically and financially. He is often quick to leave the exam room, but the nurses take over and hold your hand through the process...We started slow with natural intercourse/ovulation monitoring then worked our way up the Clomid latter. He is willing to be more aggressive, once we are ready...He is to the point, he will do his best to get answers and then advise on the most successful treatment options. He is willing to go at your pace, regardless of what it may do to his stats.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Other
He is knowledgeable and willing to help in any way he can, both medically and financially. He is often quick to leave the exam room, but the nurses take over and hold your hand through the process. I feel confident in his ability to guide me on this journey.
Both the staff and doctor are personable and friendly, ease my mind and explain everything in detail.
The staff is very friendly and kind. They make every effort to show compassion and ease your mind during each visit.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic is great for a personal experience, the receptionist greats you by name and is always friendly. Because it's a smaller clinic and they are so helpful with each patient, at times you may spend more time in the office than originally planned.
The costs were lower compared to other researched clinics.
They prefer eSET after PGS testing. They are willing to transfer multiple embryos if patient has had previously failed transfers.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Jeffrey Russell] was detailed in one procedure I had with him. Not much else to say as I did not see if often. The nurses were my primary care for my appointments. The Dr. seemed to have a lot going on. He was very busy most of the time... So we just went through the process of taking injectables and Clomid. I have pcos, so the results were not as expected. My spouse was never treated for his morphology and we were unaware of his problem during my 5-6 cycles of Clomid.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
He was detailed in one procedure I had with him. Not much else to say as I did not see if often. The nurses were my primary care for my appointments. The Dr. seemed to have a lot going on. He was very busy most of the time.
Understand that he will be there fir you during big procedures only. His ties are cute.
He had his own practice, so besides the nurses, he was not visible unless it was a procedure. He was in and out not much conversation.
He knew I was not able to do ivf due to finances. So we just went through the process of taking injectables and Clomid. I have pcos, so the results were not as expected. My spouse was never treated for his morphology and we were unaware of his problem during my 5-6 cycles of Clomid.
The nursing staff did there job and ran a smooth operation.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic did not prevent babies from cooming into the office. I think this is a real struggle emotionally for patients to deal with. They also never told me about credits on my account unless I asked.
I was under diagnostic so most things were covered, only had a copay
Newark

I felt like a number at this clinic. I do believe he [Dr. Jeffrey Russell] is successful in treating women but for myself I needed a more personal relationship with my doctor. I didn’t see doctor Russell at most of my visits and met with other staff members who were caring and kind but the relationship with my doctor was important to me.... The doctor is professional but I don’t feel that he cared for my situation, it seemed like a job to him.
I felt like a number at this clinic. I do believe he is successful in treating women but for myself I needed a more personal relationship with my doctor. I didn’t see doctor Russell at most of my visits and met with other staff members who were caring and kind but the relationship with my doctor was important to me.
My advice for prospective patients is to meet with more than one doctor and choose who you’re most comfortable with.
I felt like the clinic had more clients then they could handle. I had to wait long periods of time for scheduled appointments. For example my Appointment never started on time. The doctor is professional but I don’t feel that he cared for my situation, it seemed like a job to him.
The nursing staff was mostly friendly but I felt like they rushed my visit, as though they were trying to get through the day.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
While being treated at this clinic I felt the wait time was long for my appointments. I wanted a more personal caring relationship with my fertility doctor. The nursing staff were friendly enough and seemed to care but I personally needed more from my fertility clinic.
I feel that Dr Russell’s office had comparable prices to other fertility clinics in my area.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
When I had my chemical pregnancy he [Dr. Jeffrey Russell] told me it will be ok. He gave me time to process it and he was the one that did my surgery. I saw him with all 3 transfers and each time he said today Stacy I’m going get you pregnant. He made me smile... The maximum that Dr Russell would implant was 2 at a time... He has a coordinated who will sit down with you and your partner and explain everything. You also have nutrition education.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
When I had my chemical pregnancy he told me it will be ok. He gave me time to process it and he was the one that did my surgery. I saw him with all 3 transfers and each time he said today Stacy I’m going get you pregnant. He made me smile
Be prepared for ups and downs it is a journey. I am so thankful that Delaware Now has coverage for IVF. I had to pay out of pocket. However the office gave me a discount because of where I worked
The office called me everyday to give me updates on my embryos!
They were wonderful. They cried with me when I had my chemical pregnancy and celebrated when I had my little girl. I brought her to the office and everyone was overjoyed to see her
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The hours were from 7 to 3pm, but the did come in on the weekend for transfers due to you cycle which I thought was nice. Office staff have been there for years which means they love their job.
$35,000+
The maximum that Dr Russell would implant was 2 at a time

2005 - 2012
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Russell went out of his way to make sure we understood everything that was going to happen. He was very positive and friendly. When we saw him in a store in Lower Delaware, he spoke to us and called us by name. We loved working with him. ... It was a very heart warming process. We were not just numbers pouring through the office. ... It was 17 years ago.
2005 - 2012
Native American, Other
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Jeffrey Russell at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Russell at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Stay positive
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Russell at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
It was a very heart warming process. We were not just numbers pouring through the office. Everyone cared about our dream to have a son. They cried when we were pregnant.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Russell used in your cycles at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware) and their degree of success.
We used progesterone and Lupron to prepare for the IVF procedure. It was 17 years ago. I don't remember a lot of specifics
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Celina Mchugh)
We LOVED them. They were like family.
Describe your experience with RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
The staff was knowledgeable, compassionate and helpful. The office was comfortable and homey. It didn't feel like a Dr office. We were informed what to expect at every new step. When the staff said they would call with results, they did so quickly. We felt like they were family, cheering us on. We would recommend Dr. Russell to anyone looking to do IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Russell at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
We paid for our treatment ourselves. The office explained the cost of each step and told us what options were available.
Jeffrey Russell
RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware)
Wilmington
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
He [Dr. Russell] takes time to explain everything.... I am in the middle of an ivf cycle now. Waiting to see if any of my eggs make it to blast. Dr Russell was very concerned for me during egg retrieval since I am a Coumadin patient. He met with me several times to discuss risks and how he wanted to proceed.... I used Clomid, gonal f, menopur, ganirelix and hcg trigger.... I used Clomid, gonal f, menopur, ganirelix and hcg trigger.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Take really good notes because he goes fast.
He takes time to explain everything.
I used Clomid, gonal f, menopur, ganirelix and hcg trigger.
I saw Celina the most and she is great! Always takes the time to answer all my questions.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone I saw was very nice. Sometimes the wait was long and the hours are not always convenient. They do not allow children in the Waiting room which is great. Dr Russell goes fast so take good notes.
Monitoring appointments are in the morning. Sometimes it's hard due to work.
It's expensive. All things infertility are.

Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Russell] is one of the most amazing doctors I have ever encountered. He and his staff [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] made me feel like the most important person in the world and took amazing care of me. ... He was very straightforward when explaining everything but compassionate and understanding at the same time. He was confident in the procedures but not to the point of being arrogant. He made me feel like I could trust his work and he was going to help me through the entire process.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
He is the most well rounded doctor I have ever encountered.
He is one of the most amazing doctors I have ever encountered. He and his staff made me feel like the most important person in the world and took amazing care of me.
They were all extremely nice and compassionate. It felt like they really cared about me.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I have nothing but great things to say. There isn't one negative thing I can think of. I had some urgent issues after the transfer and they gently got me through everything. If I called with a concern they saw me immediately and never made me wait with worry.
I believe it was around 10 thousand.
He definitely educated us on the difference and did not make me feel pressured at all on our choice.

1 IUI, IVF, Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr Russell and his staff take their time and communicate well. His PA Lauren is wonderful as well and we enjoy seeing her. We see her every time and dr Russell infrequently but that is ok, he is the one who makes the decisions and sends out instructions after each visit.... Be patient, he is very sure he can get you pregnant but sometimes it gets your hopes up for a quick pregnancy.
1 IUI, IVF, Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
Individualized care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lauren Rainey )
The entire staff is wonderful but the individualized care from the assisted reproductive and ivf staff were above and beyond.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Patience is a virtue. Scheduling can be wonky. But everyone is so nice and understanding. They see a lot of tears and are there for a shoulder to lean on. Seeing these people three to four times a day you develop relationships with them.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
He [Jeffrey Russell] has a lot of experience. Trust his judgement and advice.... Helped me understand my infertility issue. Explained the procedures. Willing to have consults if I had questions. listened to my questions and concerns. Came in on the weekend to see me. Only bad part was wait time sometimes.... Medical assistants, nurse practitioners and physicians assistant [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] were all wonderful
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
He has a lot of experience. Trust his judgement and advice.
The staff was very caring
Medical assistants, nurse practitioners and physicians assistant were all wonderful
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Used the latest techniques and technology. Office is clean but could use a facelift. Only bad side is waiting for appointment sometimes can be longer than 15 mins and they only have morning hours most days. It worked for me and I felt like I received excellent care.
My insurance covered my treatment fortunately but I reeebr there was a flat fee that covered the visits and insemination if my insurance wouldn’t cover it. It was cheaper than other places I looked at.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
I appreciate his candid manner and his expertise. ... Dr. Russell seems very knowledgeable. ... I wish he had better bedside manner - I am not sure he knows or remembers how emotionally difficult this process is for patients, ... Be ready to listen to Dr. Russell but also be your own advocate. ... I used menopur in the morning and gonal-F in the evening for around 9 days before doing the Lupron trigger shot.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Russell seems very knowledgeable. I appreciate his candid manner and his expertise. I wish he had better bedside manner - I am not sure he knows or remembers how emotionally difficult this process is for patients,
Be ready to listen to Dr. Russell but also be your own advocate. Remember that you are in charge of your fertility, and you know yourself and your body better than anyone else.
The staff knewmy name and remembered me from the beginning. I always see the same staff, rather than seeing new people at each visit like I did at another clinic.
The nurses are overall very nice and helpful. I appreciate that they treat me like a person and care about my outcomes. I sometimes feel like little details get lost in communication from one nurse to the next, and so sometimes I have to repeat myself or make sure I keep track of the details so they don't get list.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is much more organized than another clinic I previously went to. They are always good about scheduling an appointment at the last minute, and they are on time for the appointments 99% of the time. I appreciate that I am typically in and out relatively quickly. The staff are also very nice and helpful.
I am in the middle of a round of IVF. 75% of the costs are covered by my insurance. The retrieval and one transferwill be around 3,500 out of pocket, with an additional 3,000 for genetic testing and an additional 2500 for medications.
I have not discussed this yet with Dr. Russell.

6 IUI, 1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
Due to my age and other medical factors we did a single embryo transfer and discussed this with Dr. Russell before... is a very intelligent, resourceful, and hardworking doctor. He always made us feel like we mattered, and that he wanted to help us get our dream, almost as much as we wanted it. He is to the point, which I respect and like...We did an egg retrieval and adjusted the meds and shots as needed. I did steroids and antibiotics too...
6 IUI, 1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr. Russell is a very intelligent, resourceful, and hardworking doctor. He always made us feel like we mattered, and that he wanted to help us get our dream, almost as much as we wanted it. He is to the point, which I respect and like.
Always remember to listen to what he is saying. Although it may be hard to hear and manage do EVERYTHING he says as he says it.
Dr. Russell was wonderful to work with. In the past I had a miscarriage and he was warm and caring. When we graduated from the clinic to see our Ob he even gave me a hug. He is smart, kind, and amazing at what he does. Due to this we always felt like humans and never like just a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lauren)
Everyone at Dr. Russell's office is wonderful to work with. We felt like family and always knew what was going on.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is organized, clean, well decorated, and has incredibly wonderful office hours. We never waited too long to be seen and could get my appointments in before work. The front desk staff is wonderful and kind. They make a point to acknowledge you and even to get to know you.
Due to insurance reasons we paid cash for our IVF Cycle. It was approximately $12,000 and got us our baby boy!

3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological
My doctor [Dr. Jeffrey Russell] has been straight forward and targeted my care with my best interests in mind. We always worked as a team and consulted directly as we altered the plan for care along the way. I've always felt safe and confident while attaining treatments under my doctors direction.... I've had so manybover the last 5 years that it's hard to name them all specifically. I've done natural with chlomid, IUI and donar egg ivf to name a few. So far, I've not had a full term preganancy with a baby in my arms yet!
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
My doctor has been straight forward and targeted my care with my best interests in mind. We always worked as a team and consulted directly as we altered the plan for care along the way. I've always felt safe and confident while attaining treatments under my doctors direction.
Communication and open mindedness are two top qualities you will need to possess as you enter this journey with my doctor.
Family
This staff is absolutely amazing! We couldn't have made it through this journey without each of them.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Their strengths are communication, compassion and reliability. Their support during the ups and downs were vital when going through each step of the way when emotions run high and stress can get to be unbearable at times along the way.
Oh well over $50,000by now and counting. We have had high copays, medications, IUI, and IVF donar egg costs which were hefty.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
He [Dr. Jeffrey Russell] likes to do one [embryo transfer]...took the time to talk to me and get to know me and my history...was very honest and had me see a nutritionist , which I believe helped me conceive. He was great. He took the time to look over my history and had suggestions that actually worked and helped. His protein diet works its amazing and a great way of life...had me start a protein diet and stay on it for a few months before starting an IVF cycle well by the second month of the high protein diet I was pregnant.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
He was very honest and had me see a nutritionist , which I believe helped me conceive. He was great. He took the time to look over my history and had suggestions that actually worked and helped. His protein diet works its amazing and a great way of life.
Never give up just keep trying and don’t lose faith. Get your diet under control for egg quality.
He took the time to talk to me and get to know me and my history.
He had me start a protein diet and stay on it for a few months before starting an IVF cycle well by the second month of the high protein diet I was pregnant.
They are wonderful and kind.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
It’s very busy so sometimes you have to sit for appointments but overall it is a wonderful clinic with a great and caring staff. They aren’t just trying to gouge you for money. They really actually care.
It was the cheapest in the area.
He likes to do one.

IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Dr Russell told me the Drs who refused to work with us were weenies! This made me smile,,and changed my mood instantly. I went in hopeless. And came out with several options. He has no doubts in the options he offered, and that I admire!... He's very much for SET, however I'm very much for 2. This is a battle we shall have!... He spoke in typical language. Reviewed my history, and gave us several options to move fwd with. He told me the other Dr who turned us away were wrong, and to not be discouraged.
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Don't wait, go see him first!!
All standard treatment, lab work ups and councillor options.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Charlotte)
Keeps in,touch and always gets me the info I request.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Hard to find, that's the only downside. I live everything else about it. They get you appointments promptly and are very caring team! It took us over 6 months to choose a path. And even once we faced complications the team was supporting and continued to work with us.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Jeffrey Russel] has been practicing for years and knows his stuff. He evaluates your situation as a whole and was sure to figure out why before proceeding with something that would not work just to do it. We was very forthcoming and told you everything you needed to know and gave you all your options.... I initially thought we would do one transfer and he strongly suggested two. Which worked out just the way we had anticipated
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
He has been practicing for years and knows his stuff. He evaluates your situation as a whole and was sure to figure out why before proceeding with something that would not work just to do it. We was very forthcoming and told you everything you needed to know and gave you all your options.
Make sure you ask all your questions so you are not still pondering later even if you are embarassed.
They were always very personal and knew your name and asked about your day
He wanted to diagnose the problem rather then just jumping into solutions. He wanted to make sure all issues were known before proceeding which was great
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Celena)
Very compassionate and patient explained every thing necessary
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
They always had times available when called. The wait could be rather long but with time sensitive issues it is understandable. They have different locations available which is very convenient as well.
Around 11k

Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr. Russell is extremely knowledgeable. You quickly trust his recommendations based on his deep knowledge of infertility. He is willing to be sensitive to your treatment wishes and yet still explains honestly what your chances of success are.... Very empathetic and explained the details of your treatment so you understood what was going on.... Celina [a nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine - Newark] was an amazing help through the process. She's been through it herself so she can truly empathize with the patients.
Endometriosis, PCOS
Take notes and write your questions down. Dr. Russell will move quickly through the conversation, however, he is willing to answer your questions.
Celina was an amazing help through the process. She's been through it herself so she can truly empathize with the patients.