6.5

302-424-6645
4745 Ogletown-Stanton Road
Newark, DE 19713
302.738.4600

Once doctor Russell completed my sono hsg, hysteroscopy, and following me through a cycle he put me on clomid and hcg trigger !... Doctor Russell was to the point, and factual which I appreciated. ... He made me feel at ease and confident in him and his plans. During a stressful time (being diagnosed with pcos and infertility) he made us feel so positive, optimistic and like we could handle anything.
It [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] is conveniently located for people in Sussex county delaware. They are confident experts and are forward about the diagnostics, treatments, and plans. ... My nurse, Celina was like a mother to me. She was there to help and support me day after day, week after week, she was also my biggest cheerleader! When I felt like giving up she was always there to keep me going! She not only is kind, compassionate, respectful, talents, she is so much more! I can’t say enough about how much easier this woman made the whole process!
How was your experience with Jeffrey Russell at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Doctor Russell was to the point, and factual which I appreciated. He later everything out on the table and where to go from there.He made me feel at ease and confident in him and his plans. During a stressful time (being diagnosed with pcos and infertility) he made us feel so positive, optimistic and like we could handle anything. He always made sure we understood everything and get a say in our care as well, which we really appreciated as we already felt in loss of control.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Russell at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Have confidence in him & his team!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Russell at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
He always explains things so thoroughly, even draws pictures, and answers all questions, listens to our concerns & values what we think with his expert opinion to help him make our plan!
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Russell used in your cycles at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Once doctor Russell completed my sono hsg, hysteroscopy, and following me through a cycle he put me on clomid and hcg trigger! Followed me pretty much twice a week to predict and confirm ovulation, and much more.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Celina )
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
It is conveniently located for people in Sussex county delaware. They are confident experts and are forward about the diagnostics, treatments, and plans. You may only see doctor Russell 1/10 of the times your there but his staff is more than qualified to handle and questions and concerns.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Russell at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
$30 copay for each visit, my medications: clomid like $5, hcg like $70, progesterone suppositories like $30, my husband had $500 lab bill
Milford
Well versed physician, however, my case encountered challenges from the start of the cycle. I wasn't offered many solutions outside of surgery and Dr. Russell didn't seem interested in exploring other options.... I would advise to go to Dr. Russell only if you're ok with not having much say in regards to your treatment and treatment options... I started an IVF cycle and suddenly developed a tubal blockage that wasn't seen on scans prior to starting injections. On day three the cycle was cancelled and I was advised to have surgery. There were no other options provided to me outside of surgery in order to move forward with the IVF.
Long wait times at this clinic [DIRM] and set IVF cycles, very little flexibility. There are not many if any alternative options afforded to patients if the first option offered is not viable. Nurses are kind and very helpful, the fertility doctor is very busy and the IVF coordinator is difficult to get a hold of when needed.... It was difficult to arrange to start the IVF medications and to start my cycle I had to call several times to get specifics. I informed the coordinator that I was paying out of pocket, but still full priced expensive medications were ordered instead of the reduced price medications.
Dr. Russell is the only doctor in the center, so he is very busy. He was always responsive, however, I felt he was unable to give me the specific attention I needed for unique case.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The nursing staff are very carrying. The IVF coordinator is extremely busy and seems to be a bit overwhelmed. The nursing staff were always responsive and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Long wait times at this clinic and set IVF cycles, very little flexibility. There are not many if any alternative options afforded to patients if the first option offered is not viable. Nurses are kind and very helpful, the fertility doctor is very busy and the IVF coordinator is difficult to get a hold of when needed.
9,000 for the cycle and 5,000 for the medications
Describe Jeffrey Russell's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
This doctor seems to only do frozen single embryo transfers
What specific things went wrong at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Milford
He [Dr. Jeffrey Russell] is knowledgeable and willing to help in any way he can, both medically and financially. He is often quick to leave the exam room, but the nurses take over and hold your hand through the process...We started slow with natural intercourse/ovulation monitoring then worked our way up the Clomid latter. He is willing to be more aggressive, once we are ready...He is to the point, he will do his best to get answers and then advise on the most successful treatment options. He is willing to go at your pace, regardless of what it may do to his stats.
This clinic [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] is great for a personal experience, the receptionist greats you by name and is always friendly. Because it's a smaller clinic and they are so helpful with each patient, at times you may spend more time in the office than originally planned...The costs were lower compared to other researched clinics...The staff is very friendly and kind. They make every effort to show compassion and ease your mind during each visit.
He is knowledgeable and willing to help in any way he can, both medically and financially. He is often quick to leave the exam room, but the nurses take over and hold your hand through the process. I feel confident in his ability to guide me on this journey.
Both the staff and doctor are personable and friendly, ease my mind and explain everything in detail.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic is great for a personal experience, the receptionist greats you by name and is always friendly. Because it's a smaller clinic and they are so helpful with each patient, at times you may spend more time in the office than originally planned.
The costs were lower compared to other researched clinics.
They prefer eSET after PGS testing. They are willing to transfer multiple embryos if patient has had previously failed transfers.
Newark

At first, when I switched to Dr. Russell, I was concerned because I had heard stories about his bedside manner. I was pleasantly surprised. All the staff are friendly and understanding. Dr. Russell is willing to meet with you at the drop of a dime if you have questions. We have adjusted my treatment several times, and although I am currently taking a break, I cannot wait to go back.
The clinic [DE Institute for Reproductive Med] is clean, inviting, and friendly. I like that patients with children are asked to sit in the lobbing until their appointment. This makes for those of us who are struggling more comfortable.... The nursing staff are very friendly. They know you by name. They make treatment and things comfortable. It can be very nerve wrecking and awkward when you are in the treatment room, but they make it very comfortable.
Go in with an open mind. Don't listen to anything you heard from others. Dr. Russell is amazing.
The staff is caring and there for you when you need it. They care.
Clomid, with increases when I was not responding due to better success rates. IUI (4 times). IVF discussions - have not started treatment yet because I cannot afford it currently.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is clean, inviting, and friendly. I like that patients with children are asked to sit in the lobbing until their appointment. This makes for those of us who are struggling more comfortable.
Each IUI, after insurance, costs me around $350.
did not discuss this
2015 - 2018, Successful
He [Dr. Jeffrey Russell] was blunt, and took time to explain everything when questions were asked. He is not warm and fuzzy, but I didn't need that. He has a dry sense of humor, but I promise it's there. I would use his services again if needed. Over the years I worked with him for our infertility needs, I came to realize he does actually care, for his patients...High protein diet. Hormone injections, suppositories, oral meds.
The clinical staff [at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] was terrific...[nurses were] Extremely caring and supportive...Very organized, and compassionate staff. After many years of working with them I learned they work hard to make sure, you are informed and have everything you need. There is always someone to contact if you have questions or concerns... High protein diet. Hormone injections, suppositories, oral meds. Staff was supportive on how to administer meds and purpose of meds.
He was blunt, and took time to explain everything when questions were asked. He is not warm and fuzzy, but I didn't need that. He has a dry sense of humor, but I promise it's there. I would use his services again if needed. Over the years I worked with him for our infertility needs, I came to realize he does actually care, for his patients.
He dosent sugar coat things, so don't expect him to hold your hand. However he is extremly professional and great at what he does. He is very intelligent when it comes to clinical expertise.
The clinical staff was terrific Dr. Russell explained everything as we went through the process.
Extremely caring and supportive.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
9,000 for retrieval procedure. About 10,000 grand for meds.

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Russell] takes time to explain everything.... I am in the middle of an ivf cycle now. Waiting to see if any of my eggs make it to blast. Dr Russell was very concerned for me during egg retrieval since I am a Coumadin patient. He met with me several times to discuss risks and how he wanted to proceed.... I used Clomid, gonal f, menopur, ganirelix and hcg trigger.... I used Clomid, gonal f, menopur, ganirelix and hcg trigger.
Everyone I saw was very nice. Sometimes the wait was long and the hours are not always convenient. They [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] do not allow children in the Waiting room which is great.... Monitoring appointments are in the morning. Sometimes it's hard due to work.... I saw Celina the most and she is great! Always takes the time to answer all my questions.... Dr Russell goes fast so take good notes.
Take really good notes because he goes fast.
He takes time to explain everything.
I used Clomid, gonal f, menopur, ganirelix and hcg trigger.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone I saw was very nice. Sometimes the wait was long and the hours are not always convenient. They do not allow children in the Waiting room which is great. Dr Russell goes fast so take good notes.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Monitoring appointments are in the morning. Sometimes it's hard due to work.
It's expensive. All things infertility are.
Newark

I fell that he [Dr. Jeffrey Russell] is very knowledgeable but I think that he could have been more involved in my care. I met with the NP clinician at my visits much more frequently than him. He did make me very comfortable during the treatments that he did perform and fully explained the procedures...I was given Clomid 25mg during all three IUI cycles. The first resulted in a chemical pregnancy and the last two were negative pregnancy test results.
The clinic [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] was always clean and all of the staff was friendly. I rarely ever had to wait past my appointment time to be called back to be seen. Everyone there always provided a timely response and was able to answer all my questions. I did not find any weaknesses in the clinic.
I fell that he is very knowledgeable but I think that he could have been more involved in my care. I met with the NP clinician at my visits much more frequently than him. He did make me very comfortable during the treatments that he did perform and fully explained the procedures.
Infertility is a long, hard road to be on. Sometimes we have to readjust our expectations of what we think our outcome might be and what we might encounter on that road but you will eventually reach your goals. I think this office will help you achieve those goals and their patient care is excellent.
They were very considerate and approached my care in a professional manner.
The nursing staff were very nice. I didn't have any negative experiences with them.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was always clean and all of the staff was friendly. I rarely ever had to wait past my appointment time to be called back to be seen. Everyone there always provided a timely response and was able to answer all my questions. I did not find any weaknesses in the clinic.
I only needed to pay my specialist copay and for my medications for my procedures.
2014 - 2018, Successful
My doctor [Dr. Jeffrey Russell] has been straight forward and targeted my care with my best interests in mind. We always worked as a team and consulted directly as we altered the plan for care along the way. I've always felt safe and confident while attaining treatments under my doctors direction.... I've had so manybover the last 5 years that it's hard to name them all specifically. I've done natural with chlomid, IUI and donar egg ivf to name a few. So far, I've not had a full term preganancy with a baby in my arms yet!
Their [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine-Newark] strengths are communication, compassion and reliability. Their support during the ups and downs were vital when going through each step of the way when emotions run high and stress can get to be unbearable at times along the way.... This staff is absolutely amazing! We couldn't have made it through this journey without each of them.
My doctor has been straight forward and targeted my care with my best interests in mind. We always worked as a team and consulted directly as we altered the plan for care along the way. I've always felt safe and confident while attaining treatments under my doctors direction.
Communication and open mindedness are two top qualities you will need to possess as you enter this journey with my doctor.
Family
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Celina McHugh)
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Their strengths are communication, compassion and reliability. Their support during the ups and downs were vital when going through each step of the way when emotions run high and stress can get to be unbearable at times along the way.
Oh well over $50,000by now and counting. We have had high copays, medications, IUI, and IVF donar egg costs which were hefty.
Newark

Dr. Russell found my problems quicker than my last. ... When he found out my tubes wetr blocked, he immediately wanted to jump to IVF. I suggested a lap to open my tubes. He did not seem too thrilled about that decision but I knew what I wanted. He agreed to do it and was able to open both tubes! I really am unsure why he wanted to jump to IVF and not try a lap but I am very happy he took my suggestion and performed the successful surgery.
Only very small downside would be is that they [DE Inst for Repro Med] are not open on weekends which could be difficult. They also pretty much only book morning appointments because I believe, the afternoon is used to call patients with results and such. ... They will get you in and out in a very timely matter. You’ll very rarely be waiting long to be seen. ... Best nursing staff I’ve experienced! Everyone is so nice and shows compassion as we go through this difficult process.
Dr. Russell found my problems quicker than my last. He listened to me and even went with my suggestions (this is not my first rodeo). When he found out my tubes wetr blocked, he immediately wanted to jump to IVF. I suggested a lap to open my tubes. He did not seem too thrilled about that decision but I knew what I wanted. He agreed to do it and was able to open both tubes! I really am unsure why he wanted to jump to IVF and not try a lap but I am very happy he took my suggestion and performed the successful surgery.
I would tell any infertility patient to do your research. Correcting infertility can take some time but it can be done. You need to participate at appointments and know your stuff.
Dr. Russell’s staff is second to none! They make you feel great from the time you walk in the door and listen to any and every question you have!
We started with a diagnostic cycle; to try and figure out my problem(s). He found out that my tubes were blocked and we thought that I did not ovulate (we later found out that I ovulate LATE). He wanted to do IVF because of my tubes but I suggested a lap to try to open my tubes. He did not seem too thrilled with my suggestion but agreed to do it! I am so glad he did because he was able to flush both tubes and open them. The surgery went very quickly. I am only on my second cycle since surgery. The first one, I did not get pregnant. Not sure about my current cycle but overall, Dr. Russell is a great doctor!
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
They will get you in and out in a very timely matter. You’ll very rarely be waiting long to be seen. Only very small downside would be is that they are not open on weekends which could be difficult. They also pretty much only book morning appointments because I believe, the afternoon is used to call patients with results and such.
2016 - 2019, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Jeffrey Russell] was passionate about what he does and understands the options. I didn’t receive the outcome that I was hoping for and I felt that my options we limited because of financing. I am not sure there are other options out there because he only offered me IUI or IVF. He kept telling me there was no reason I wouldn’t get pregnant through IUI and each cycle was unsuccessful...Clomid was taken to induce egg release and I was monitored for ovulation. I took trigger shot anywhere from 12 to 36 hours before insemination.
[My costs at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine were] All out of pocket. $2,500 per IUI not including medication or visits leading up to the IUI...Celina was absolutely the best. I saw her in Milford and when I had to travel to Newark it was more that I had to work around their schedule which interfered with work other obligations...Financing was huge for me...I wished that was described to us better...She [nurse] was calm and personal. When delivering news she did so gracefully. She shared her own personal stories and journey and really made me relax about the whole treatment.
He was passionate about what he does and understands the options. I didn’t receive the outcome that I was hoping for and I felt that my options we limited because of financing. I am not sure there are other options out there because he only offered me IUI or IVF. He kept telling me there was no reason I wouldn’t get pregnant through IUI and each cycle was unsuccessful.
Make sure you know how much you have to spend and see what options you have with that budget.
He runs a super busy office and at times he was in and out and I didn’t feel he felt how hard this was for me to talk about and to go through. But I felt like his bottom line was in line with mine. We both wanted positive results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Celina)
She was calm and personal. When delivering news she did so gracefully. She shared her own personal stories and journey and really made me relax about the whole treatment.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Celina was absolutely the best. I saw her in Milford and when I had to travel to Newark it was more that I had to work around their schedule which interfered with work other obligations. Of course this was my number one priority I would have appreciated a little more flexibility. Financing was huge for me. I know that is not the case for everyone, but I wished that was described to us better.
Newark

The clinic [DE Inst for Repro Med] is easily accessible and I have experienced no issues so far. I live about an hour and a half from the main location, but I’m willing to travel. That is not a problem because this is an important process. They also have a satellite office in Milford, which is very close to me. ... They all seem positive and want the best for me. Whether it’s giving me nutrition resources or support. They all have been great
I’m only partly through the process, which just includes tests. But Dr Russell has been honest and I genuinely feel cared about. During my first consult he gave me the news of my husbands very low sperm count, and that IVF would be the most promising option. I broke down and he assured me it wasn’t me and it was him, but everything would be okay. He was positive and even gave me a gentle pat on the way out. I felt at ease that he would take care of me
Hold nothing back and tell her him how you feel and what you would like.
Dr Russell gives the impresssion he genuinely cares
I have not started the IVF process.
The staff has been great. They all seem positive and want the best for me. Whether it’s giving me nutrition resources or support. They all have been great
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I’ve just started the process which only includes testing. The clinic is easily accessible and I have experienced no issues so far. I live about an hour and a half from the main location, but I’m willing to travel. That is not a problem because this is an important process. They also have a satellite office in Milford, which is very close to me.
So far I’ve just had to under go copay costs.
I have not started the IVF process
2015 - 2017, Unsuccessful
I felt like I never saw him [Dr. Russell] after a few appointments and to this day I still have so may unanswered questions because he was never around to ask. ... I think he is a very smart mad and is very to the point when you see him ... Pick him if you feel comfortable with him from the first appointment this is a very hard road to take and you wanna be on it with someone you like and trust! ...
Feel free to sit with the financial person [DE Inst for Repro Med] as much as you want so you know what you are spending and how much things are costing. ... I felt important till I was there for a few months then didn’t feel important and it became all about money. When I ran out of money I was told I couldn’t come back and that made me feel even worse. ... They are all very nice and accommodating but make sure you completely understand what’s going on and getting full answers to your questions.
I think he is a very smart mad and is very to the point when you see him but as a patient I felt like I never saw him after a few appointments and to this day I still have so may unanswered questions because he was never around to ask.
They are very sweet and smart they all make you feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
They are all very nice and accommodating but make sure you completely understand what’s going on and getting full answers to your questions. Make sure you go at your own pace and not do things just because they think that’s the next step. Feel free to sit with the financial person as much as you want so you know what you are spending and how much things are costing.
I didn’t go through this.
Newark

I appreciate his candid manner and his expertise. ... Dr. Russell seems very knowledgeable. ... I wish he had better bedside manner - I am not sure he knows or remembers how emotionally difficult this process is for patients, ... Be ready to listen to Dr. Russell but also be your own advocate. ... I used menopur in the morning and gonal-F in the evening for around 9 days before doing the Lupron trigger shot.
The clinic [DE Inst. for Repro Med] is much more organized than another clinic I previously went to. They are always good about scheduling an appointment at the last minute, and they are on time for the appointments 99% of the time. I appreciate that I am typically in and out relatively quickly. The staff are also very nice and helpful. ... I sometimes feel like little details get lost in communication from one nurse to the next, and so sometimes I have to repeat myself or make sure I keep track of the details so they don't get list.
Dr. Russell seems very knowledgeable. I appreciate his candid manner and his expertise. I wish he had better bedside manner - I am not sure he knows or remembers how emotionally difficult this process is for patients,
Be ready to listen to Dr. Russell but also be your own advocate. Remember that you are in charge of your fertility, and you know yourself and your body better than anyone else.
The staff knewmy name and remembered me from the beginning. I always see the same staff, rather than seeing new people at each visit like I did at another clinic.
The nurses are overall very nice and helpful. I appreciate that they treat me like a person and care about my outcomes. I sometimes feel like little details get lost in communication from one nurse to the next, and so sometimes I have to repeat myself or make sure I keep track of the details so they don't get list.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is much more organized than another clinic I previously went to. They are always good about scheduling an appointment at the last minute, and they are on time for the appointments 99% of the time. I appreciate that I am typically in and out relatively quickly. The staff are also very nice and helpful.
I am in the middle of a round of IVF. 75% of the costs are covered by my insurance. The retrieval and one transferwill be around 3,500 out of pocket, with an additional 3,000 for genetic testing and an additional 2500 for medications.
I have not discussed this yet with Dr. Russell.