American Fertility Services

Greenwich
100 Putnam Green
Greenwich, CT 06830
203 774-9900
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jeffrey Wang to a friend?
The moment my husband and I met Dr. Wang we felt a breath of fresh air...Dr. Wang sat with us and answered ALL of our questions. Not once did we feel rushed. He made us feel like all of our questions were important questions. He also suggested supplements that he felt might help us and told us not to hesitate to contact him via email...For my current cycle, Dr. Wang suggested I lower my sim doses...
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. Wang truly listens to his patients' concerns and does his best to answer any questions with complete honesty. Every time I asked him something, he was quick to offer his suggestions and feedback about what he think would work best for my cycle. At every appointment he sat with me for a few extra minutes so that he could answer all of my questions. I never felt rushed! He never hesitated to make sure I felt comfortable with the course of action.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
If you have felt that all doctors have given up hope on you, please seek out Dr. Wang!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
The moment my husband and I met Dr. Wang we felt a breath of fresh air. Coming off a very bad experience with a different doctor at a different clinic, we felt we were given no other options but donor eggs, after only one IVF cycle. On the contrary, Dr. Wang sat with us and answered ALL of our questions. Not once did we feel rushed. He made us feel like all of our questions were important questions. He also suggested supplements that he felt might help us and told us not to hesitate to contact him via email. I already felt like I was in good hands even though we hadn't even started our cycle yet. Whenever I emailed Dr. Wang he was always quick to write a response. It felt good that Dr. Wang actually cared.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Wang used in your cycles at Sher Fertility of New York and their degree of success.
For my current cycle, Dr. Wang suggested I lower my sim doses. At my prior clinic I was on very high doses, but Dr.Wang felt that lower doses would be just as effective. I was on Gonal, Menopur, Omnitrope, and also Predisone. I also did a double trigger for egg retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: Cecilia Choe)
All the nurses at Sher were extremely organized and caring. I liked how they provided me with an email of what I had to do during sims. I liked this much better than phone communication. If I had any questions, I could email the nurse. Anytime I emailed them, they always got right back to me.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
I liked this clinic very much. Everything was organized and I always felt I was treated with respect. The nurses were always friendly and there was never a long wait. I was always seen within minutes of arriving at the office. Since I am a teacher, the office staff worked with me to accommodate my schedule. I like how they communicate via email and are always quick to answer any questions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York.
I believe my treatment was approximately $7,000 with my insurance.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. Wang is a very knowledgeable and compassionate doctor. He takes the time to answer all of your questions thoroughly. It is amazing and refreshing that patients are able to contact him directly instead of just communicating via nurses. Dr Wang understands that the infertility journey is difficult, scary, and ambiguous. He is open to ideas from his patients, but he will also tell you when he disagrees and the reasons why. You also never feel like his recommendations are just part of a script. Your protocols and other tests are always done for a specific reason and he will tell you those reasons. His bedside manner is warm, friendly, and compassionate. He takes the time to communicate both good and difficult information directly to his patients. Perhaps the only criticism is that sometimes he will leave some decisions up to his patients when sometimes as a patient you just want to be told what to do. However, he only does this when the outcome for either decision will remain unknown until tried, as every individual will react differently and there is know way to know ahead of time. Above all, you feel like you are part of a true doctor-patient relationship with Dr Wang and you feel like you can trust his recommendations. Even when some cycles don't work out as you hoped, you never feel like noone was watching or that a true attempt wasn't made. And that makes such a difference in the journey.
Ask every question you have, no matter how silly you think it might be. Dr Wang is a rare doctor that never makes you feel like any question is dumb, or that you are bothering him or insulting his role as a doctor.
Dr Wang gives very personalized care. And you can actually communicate with him directly. He takes the time to explain what he recommends and you never feel like he is just throwing out a cookie-cutter protocol.
Micro-dose lupron with Follitism and hgh - 1st cycle cancelled due to only 4 follicles growing. 2nd cycle - retrieved 4 eggs. Antagonist with follistim and hgh - 1st cycle cancelled due to low response. 2nd cycle - 5 eggs retrieved. Micro-dose lupron with Follitism, hgh, letrezole - 7 eggs retrieved.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: Leslie)
Dr Wang has great nurses. Leslie is the main nurse and Dr Wang's right hand. She's amazing. The other nurses - Cecilia and Lindsay - are also great. They are quick to reply to emails, and send out prescriptions to pharmacies quickly and to other clinics if you are monitoring remotely.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
This clinic is great to work with whether you are local to NY or if you live in another city. By being so easy to communicate with the nurses and the doctors, you never feel like you are far away or that you will be forgotten. They do make mistakes now and then as all clinics, and people in general, are apt to make, but because they are so readily available through email, corrections are made quickly. The only team that can be difficult to get answers from is the financial team.
$9950 freeze all cycle - if monitoring not done at Sher. $3820 - FET (does not include monitoring. I'm a remote patient) $1800 - PGS testing. covered up to 8 embryos over 9 months.
Describe Jeffrey Wang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility of New York.
Dr Wang approved transferring 3 embryos due to my age and embryo quality. Otherwise, I'm not sure if he has strong feelings to doing eSET vs multiple in other circumstances.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Other
He [Dr. Wang] treats you with so much compassion and he is the very best at what he does. He tested us for things that other clinics either overlooked and blew off, or didn't bother to look into at all...Jeff is really good with cases of poor responders (aka diminished ovarian reserve). ..Jeff is so patient about working with us through that plan. If he can't help us get pregnant, I am convinced no RE can...I've never met a doctor quite like Jeff before. Jeff really makes me feel like part of the team that is treating our infertility and not just a number in a paper gown.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
I can't stress this enough: if you have been to other clinics and have had failed IVF cycles but you are not done fighting infertility yet, you absolutely need to go see Jeff. He treats you with so much compassion and he is the very best at what he does. He tested us for things that other clinics either overlooked and blew off, or didn't bother to look into at all. We aren't pregnant yet, but we have plan of action and Jeff is so patient about working with us through that plan. If he can't help us get pregnant, I am convinced no RE can.
He's so worth it. I don't even live in NY. He's that worth it.
Jeff is really good with cases of poor responders (aka diminished ovarian reserve). Our first attempt with him I responded too quickly and unevenly so we cancelled, and the second time around we adjusted a few things and everything went much more smoothly. It was my 9th and 10th attempt overall and Jeff really studied all of my prior cycles so that he knew what had worked and not worked in the past.
Everyone seemed efficient. I don't have a lot to say about the nursing staff.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
The clinic itself seemed to be undergoing some changes in management right around the time that I became a patient there. The financial division was somewhat difficult to work with prior to the onset of my cycle. But the clinic itself, or rather the chain of clinics, are nationally renowned for their outside of the box thinking and their successes with the most difficult of cases.
This clinic is costlier than other clinics.
We have not yet transferred. We have only done retrievals with freezing. I believe that he assesses these things on a case by case basis.
3 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological
He [Dr. Wang] was immediately completely different from what I had experienced at a much bigger clinic. He is patient and kind and thoughtful and researches your case. His responses to your emails are extremely thorough. When I did a test with him (EFT test for implantation and it came back with suspected endometriosis) - he referred me to someone outside of their practice for further diagnosis and surgery. When I didn't agree with Dr Wangs suggestion of taking Lupron and forgoing the surgery, he was very agreeable and worked with the surgeon and continued to be responsive and available.
European, Middle Eastern
3 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
My background - I started seeing Dr. Wang after a terrible experience at another clinic. He was immediately completely different from what I had experienced at a much bigger clinic. He is patient and kind and thoughtful and researches your case. His responses to your emails are extremely thorough. When I did a test with him (EFT test for implantation and it came back with suspected endometriosis) - he referred me to someone outside of their practice for further diagnosis and surgery. When I didn't agree with Dr Wangs suggestion of taking Lupron and forgoing the surgery, he was very agreeable and worked with the surgeon and continued to be responsive and available. I really valued that even when I went to see someone else he was still open to hearing opinions and thoughts.
Meet him. Do the consultation. Ignore that Sher may have lower SART stats (and really not statistically significant) than other big NYC clinics.
In spite of still not being successful, I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Wang. He is responsive, compassionate, thoughtful. He responds to emails on nights, weekends, all the time really, with thorough responses. He always asks what you think, too. Doesn't just give his opinion. He's open to your thoughts and feedback but is also authoritative when you need him to be. He manages all your monitoring appointments. His bedside manner is great. It feels like he is really invested in your success.
Round 1 : standard protocol - menopur, gonal f, ganirellex -- cycle cancelled due to too few follicles, converted to iui Diminished reserve diagnosis Round 2 : birth control pills, ganirellex to start - menopur, gonal f -- cycle cancelled. Low follicle count. Round 3 : birth control pills, gonal f, menopur, ganirellex, trigger shot -- 5 follicles retrieved, 4 fertilized, no blasts Round 4: similar to round 3, 4 follicles, converted to iui Round 5: similar to round 3 & 4, introduced steroid for inflammation; cancelled around day 5. Few follicles. Moved to donor embryos EFT test - revealed high levels of cyclin E consistent with possible endometriosis-- referred to surgeon for endo excision and immune panel
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: Leslie )
All of the nurses and coordinators at Sher are very responsive. Like all clinics I do think you have to stay on top of them and be constantly checking that the plan is the same you agreed with the dr, the orders have been placed, etc. but they're generally very competent.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Sher is a small clinic. You won't be in a massive waiting room of people for monitoring hours. You will only see your doctor for monitoring so you will have to work with their schedules a bit but it's worth it. It's not the most modern office but everyone is very nice and you feel taken care of.
United healthcare coverage - 80/20 after $4k deductible.
4 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Although Doctor Wang didn't have a lot of time the time that he did spend was meaningful. He always made me feel important and most of all he was extremely responsive via email. I've emailed other doctors and till this day some of them have yet to respond. Doctor Wang is an amazing doctor the most compassionate doctor I have ever met. In addition, he's extremely smart and thinks outside the box.
4 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Other
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
Again, I can't say just how amazing he is. Smart, compassionate, and extremely responsive. I've dealt with other doctors for fertility and none of them can hold a candle to this doctor not even the doctors at NYU or Cornell. The only thing I wish is that prior to my third transfer we should have done more tests.
Before you do a transfer have doctor Wang do the tests like EFT especially if you've have prior failed transfers. Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions via email, doctor Wang will always respond.
Doctor Wang used a low dose approach for me on mostly all of my cycles. Low dose of the stimulating drugs. For my first few retrievals we did microdose lupin and that worked with my first cycle with doctor Wang and I retrieved 5 eggs and transferred 4 on day three however the result was a chemical pregnancy. We used no more than 300 units of gonal f for the days that I stimulated. The doctor suggested low doses because i did not make a lot of eggs and the few I did make we didn't want to fry them. Ganirelex worked best for me as when I continued to use MDL i would ovulate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: Leslie Dychiao)
Leslie was great! Organized, responsive, and nice.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Other staff members were not so great. The technician that assisted during my egg retrieval was unfortunately very nasty. I sent the clinic an email about her. I found this woman to be rude. Other staff member were nice but at times insensitive. I think because some of the aides were young and not trained well enough on dealing with fertility patients.
My insurance paid for two cycles with the doctor, but the times i paid cash it was extremely expensive.
My doctor preferred using multiple embryos because of my age. I would not transfer more than 2 embryos in the future
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
He [Dr. Wang] is a wonderful human being. I felt that he took my questions seriously and was patient driven. I had some questions about protocols and he explained why he suggested the protocol and why some protocols wouldn't be beneficial for me. He has a reassuring way to him, this process can lead to so many worries but I felt like I was able to trust in the process because of him.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
He is a wonderful human being. I felt that he took my questions seriously and was patient driven. I had some questions about protocols and he explained why he suggested the protocol and why some protocols wouldn't be beneficial for me. He has a reassuring way to him, this process can lead to so many worries but I felt like I was able to trust in the process because of him.
Don't be afraid to ask questions but trust in his answers.
Dr. Wang was very warm from the beginning. I had a difficult diagnosis and he remained realistic but positive. With Sher, you see you doctor with every monitoring appointment so it was great to have so much face time with Dr. Wang. Even when we received disappointing news, it felt like he was right there with you. I researched everything so always had a lot of questions. Dr. Wang would email back quickly and took the time to explain everything.
We decided to do embryo banking in hopes to have multiple children. We also felt that I would benefit from a lower dose in hopes to get better quality eggs. first attempt at IVF - Estrogen prime (EPP) 225 gonal f - canceled poor response and converted to IUI. IVF 1 - EPP, 225 gonal f, 150 menopur - 6 eggs/3 blasts (freeze all) IVF 2 - EPP, 225 gonal f, 150 menopur - 3 eggs/1 blast (freeze all)
All the nurses I have dealt with were wonderful, however I am unsure if they are still there.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
You see your doctor at every appointment (unless it's the weekend-rotating schedule). Small and personal approach. Billing department seems to be disorganized, you need to be on top of your account and insurance info.
Insurance covered IUIs, partial IVF
We did not do any transfers
6 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Wang may be the most compassionate doctor I have ever been treated by. He makes himself readily available and has always returned my emails the same day, whether I reached out in the morning, afternoon, or late evening. He is always the one to see me for all my appointments and spends the time afterwards to discuss with me any issues or questions that may have arisen...He is very soft-spoken and gentle mannered. While I appreciate this, I do feel like sometimes you have to be a little more forceful in telling him you want something done.
6 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. Wang is the most compassionate doctor with a great bedside manner. He is quick to respond to any and all questions that I may have (especially when I start to question or overthink everything or when I'm in a panic). He really is on this journey with you, and is rooting for you to have your dreams realized. He is very soft-spoken and gentle mannered. While I appreciate this, I do feel like sometimes you have to be a little more forceful in telling him you want something done.
Run, don't walk to go see him!
We did IUIs with no medications that all failed. We moved on 5 IVF cycles that were also unsuccessful unfortunately. I was on letrozole, estrace, and Crinone for my frozen cycles. I was on gonal f, cetrotide, menopur and HCG for my fresh transfer cycles following retrieval.
Leslie is a great partner to Dr. Wang. She is quick to answer my emails and goes out of her way to help me out. I always got my prescriptions without any issues.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
The billing dept is the worst. I always get random bills and can't tell if it's truly the most up to date reflection of how much I owe. Some of the nurses are more warm and fuzzy than others. The front desk is great once you get to know them and they have gone out of their way to help me with scheduling my appts.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Sher Fertility of New York.
I have always been able to get the early morning appointments. The office is extremely quiet and I'm seen as soon as I check in.
I had insurance coverage
2 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Dr Wang is amazing and treats everyone with care and compassion. He spends so much time and energy on every patient. He sets such a high standard for all doctors to follow... He was the one that figured out I had silent endo and suggested a treatment path. ...He spends lots of time with you reviewing everything. He answers emails all day and night and provides in depth explanations. I never waited longer than a couple of hours for a response even when he was in another country! He is caring and compassionate. Very open to new ideas.
2 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr Wang is the best doctor I've ever had (and I had been to several other clinics before). He spends lots of time with you reviewing everything. He answers emails all day and night and provides in depth explanations. I never waited longer than a couple of hours for a response even when he was in another country! He is caring and compassionate. Very open to new ideas. He was the one that figured out I had silent endo and suggested a treatment path. Most other docs keep just doing ivf after ivf without trying to find what is wrong. I would recommend him to anyone. He is truly amazing and I'm so glad I found him!
You will not regret going to Dr Wang - he is amazing!!
He recommended the Yale EFT test to test for silent endo and then a 3 month course of lupron depot - I believe it helped me to be successful ultimately. He also was able to retrieve the most eggs from me (21 each time). Previous docs got at most 8. His stim method is slow and patient so it took a while but paid off.
Leslie was amazing - she got back to me quickly even after hours and on the weekends. I did remote monitoring so i didn't see many nurses in person but always helpful via email, over the phone or when I was there for procedures.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
They are small which I like. You don't feel like a number - you get individualized care. Everyone seems to work after hours and on weekends to answer questions for you. The billing department can be disorganized though.
I was an out of town patient that monitored locally
20k per IVF cycle with PGS testing
We transferred 2 embryos since my egg quality is poor. It also costs me a lot to transfer each time so I liked that he was willing to transfer 2.
Sher Fertility of New York
Dr Wang treats you like a human more than any doc I have ever experienced (and I have known a lot). He is honest but optimistic and understands the emotional side...If you have DOR or egg quality issues RUN to Dr Wang....One thing ihat I loved about him is unlike the docs in Boston who had a very cookie cutter approach, he was willing to think out of the box. ...) He responded to EVERY email I sent within 12 hours max, often in 20 mins. This includes emails sent in the middle of the night ....
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
If you have DOR or egg quality issues RUN to Dr Wang. I live in MA but traveled to NYC to cycle with him (did monitoring in Boston). I had 2 doctors in Boston tell me I might need donor eggs at 34 and with already having a naturally conceived child, and that seemed crazy. My first cycle in Boston was cancelled before retrieval due to no response (MGH). My second one in Boston got a good number of eggs for me (11) but nothing made it to day 5.... after this I wondered if I would never have another child. I read about Dr Wang on a fertility chat board and made a phone consult. What I loved about him is unlike the docs in Boston who had a very cookie cutter approach, he was willing to think out of the box. Like whereas they said I should do a 5 day transfer, he said sometimes those with quality issues do better on day 3 (which happened for me). While the Boston docs thought the problems were all me since my husband's sperm was always normal, he thought due to terrible quality of embryos on one cycle, it was worth doing a sperm DNA fragmentation test (which showed abnormality) and so we used PICSI in this cycle (no on in Bos would do it). He allowed HGH because while he agreed with Bos docs that it often doesn't help, it sometimes can, and when I told him I wanted to throw the kitchen sink at this, he said great..... His stance on many issues was "if it won't hurt and there's some evidence to suggest it will heko, let's do it" (eg giving me low dose prednisoe because i have an autoimmune disease) He responded to EVERY email I sent within 12 hours max, often in 20 mins. This includes emails sent in the middle of the night .... at other clinics the docs didn't even answer email, it was all filtered through nurses
Do not be afraid to ask him anything!!! he is very open minded
Dr Wang treats you like a human more than any doc I have ever experienced (and I have known a lot). He is honest but optimistic and understands the emotional side -- example, night before retrieval I freaked out when I had night sweats and worried my estrogen was dropping and I had ovulated. I emailed him at 2am!! HE emailed at like 5:30am saying it's probably fine but he gets I'm worried and we did a quick ultrasound before retrieval to be sure I hadn't ovulated (I had not)
Estrogen primed microdose lupron
always responded right away to email .... I did monitoring in Boston and she was in NYC and went above and beyond to get all my papers and info in right away. 1000% better than ppl at "top clinic" i went to in Boston
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
I only went there for retrieval and transfer. I was surprised it wasn't more sleek/new/shiny but in the end that didnt matter .... if you travel from out of state it is very easy. we used hotels tonight to get cheap hotel
i had insurance coverage but believe the cycle was about $25K (it's expensive but worth it)... we paid out of pocket for PICSI at 1000
Given our horrible quality (never making a blast) and my insistence I was not doing IVF again (I had insurance coverage but emotionally could not handle it), and our saying we'd prefer twins to zero kids, we were aggressive. we transferred 4 day 3 embryos. We ended up with twins born healthy at 38 weeks
Sher Fertility of New York
Dr. Wang is the most caring, engaged, and dedicated doctor i have visited in 15 years of living in NYC. He takes as much time as needed to explain everything that is going on in your body (helpful for us non-medical professionals) and gives his candid evaluation in a straightforward but kind and patient way. His receptionists knew me by my first name, and his office is absolutely not a factory. He also is completely available and responsive by email, even once when he was on vacation and I called with a minor question that I thought another doctor would answer, he sent me an email.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. Wang is a patient, kind doctor who treats you like a partner on the fertility journey. He explains everything and always treated me with the utmost respect. He shared equally in our disappointment when there were setbacks and in our happiness when I got pregnant. I always saw him (with the exception of one visit when he was on vacation).
Run, don't walk, to an appointment with him. You will not find someone more dedicated.
After not getting my period for 6 months I was prescribed three cycles of clomid by my OBGYN. After not getting pregnant i went to Dr. Wang, who immediately diagnosed me with PCOS. I went on to do three cycles of letrozole, and got pregnant on the third cycle with an injection to induce ovulation once the follicles were mature.
Kind and respectful.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
This clinic is not a factory. The receptionists knew me by name and were always cordial and helpful. I always got the early appointments I wanted so that I could go to my monitoring before work, which was very helpful.
I had insurance coverage, but a high copay for the sonograms.
5 IUI, 6 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
With Dr. Wang, I go to sleep at night knowing that we're in excellent hands and even if we don't end up having children, we both know we tried everything and won't have regrets...Switching to Dr. Wang after my original doctor gave me the donor egg speech was like switching between night and day. He was candid about his expectations and limitations and was the first to say he was cautiously optimistic. He doesn't make promises, but he works the hardest anyone can to help you bring home a baby. He's also incredibly articulate, which my husband and I found invaluable as both of us are fact driven people who want to know as much as possible in order to feel secure about our choices. Dr. Wang always answered questions well the first time so I didn't have to ask for further clarification or wonder what he meant or feel like he d
5 IUI, 6 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
Switching to Dr. Wang after my original doctor gave me the donor egg speech was like switching between night and day. He was candid about his expectations and limitations and was the first to say he was cautiously optimistic. He doesn't make promises, but he works the hardest anyone can to help you bring home a baby. He's also incredibly articulate, which my husband and I found invaluable as both of us are fact driven people who want to know as much as possible in order to feel secure about our choices. Dr. Wang always answered questions well the first time so I didn't have to ask for further clarification or wonder what he meant or feel like he didn't understand my question. With Dr. Wang, I go to sleep at night knowing that we're in excellent hands and even if we don't end up having children, we both know we tried everything and won't have regrets.
No question is off limit with him. He's open to everything and will give you feedback as to why or why not he thinks it's a good option. I wish I'd switched to him sooner, so I'd encourage everyone who is wondering if they should get a second opinion to go ahead and do it sooner than later.
Dr. Wang always took time to explain his thoughts and to answer any questions thoroughly. He never rushed me and never left me wondering what he meant or what the plan was. He also has an incredibly thoughtful personality and I truly felt like he was seriously invested in getting us pregnant and taking home a baby. He also remembered little bits about me that weren't pertinent to our fertility, which also made me feel like a real person and not just another patient. I also know for fact that his other patients also feel the same way as I've talked with several of them.
We failed to implant after transferring 3 nearly perfect looking day 3 embyros so he recommended doing the Yale EFT test. My results came back abnormal so we did the lupron depot 3 month suppression to help suppress my estrogen and essentially give the uterine lining a break and chance to "reset." We banked for two cycles before starting the lupron though, b/c with my DOR, there was a chance it would be hard to cycle afterwards and also b/c we wanted to make sure I could make blasts before undergoing the depot treatment. We then went straight into frozen transfer after the suppression phase was over and had a chemical; our first time implanting. We'll continue with more transfers.
Quick to reply via email, quick to send in meds, etc.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
The billing system here is very frustrating in that they're very slow to file claims and don't always get it done right the first time. That said, it's worth the price of admission to see Dr. Wang, so don't let it discourage you. Just be prepared to not get bills right away and to sometimes get improper bills. The finance department always gets it sorted out, but it takes a while.
I did my monitoring remotely, so I can't talk about the monitoring appointments at SIRM-NYC. However, I CAN say that for remote patients, Dr. Wang and his office do a great job of getting results and orders handled and providing feedback within several hours.
I had insurance for the year I did retrievals, but the out of pocket cost for FETs is 3800, not including monitoring visits.
Dr. Wang will support eSET or multiple. He encouraged us to try multiple embryo transfers given my past history of poor implantation.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Over the next month and a half, even while getting treatment elsewhere, we were in constant email communication with him [Dr. Jeffrey Wang] and he provided guidance every step of the way. He always responds quickly and never makes me feel like any question is crazy or stupid. He has looked for, tested, and found issues that no other doctor thought to check before. I live 7 hours away and he is worth every second of the drive to see him. With my other doctors, I was stressed and frustrated because I never thought they listened or cared. Jeff is a true one in a million, and I will be eternally grateful for having found him.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. Wang is incredibly kind and compassionate. He listens and involves me and my husband with every step of the journey. How many doctors can you email personally and who actually find the time to write you back? I can tell you at least in my experienc - one! And it's Dr. Wang. He has gone above and beyond to help us, and I will never go to another doctor. I feel like we are partners in my care. I can't say enough about him. Just go to him - you won't regret it.
Be prepared to work with the best doctor in your life.
Dr. Wang is the best doctor I've ever had. Beginning with our consult, he welcomed us recording the session. He gave us some great advise and came up with a game plan right then. He never and still has never uttered the words "donor egg", even with now 5 IVF failures. We left there and he wrote down his personal email address to write him with any questions. Over the next month and a half, even while getting treatment elsewhere, we were in constant email communication with him and he provided guidance every step of the way. He always responds quickly and never makes me feel like any question is crazy or stupid. He has looked for, tested, and found issues that no other doctor thought to check before. I live 7 hours away and he is worth every second of the drive to see him. With my other doctors, I was stressed and frustrated because I never thought they listened or cared. Jeff is a true one in a million, and I will be eternally grateful for having found him.
For my 5th IVF and first with Dr. Wang, he recommended estrogen priming with a lower dose stim protocol for me with my DOR. We also tried HGH. He said HGH will help 20-30% of people get better eggs, so it is worth a try. From that we got 10 eggs - more than ever retrieved, and 4 fertilized - more than I ever had fertilize. Unfortunately the quality was the same as all my other tries - highly fragmented and only 3-4 cells. So the HGH didn't help me in my case but I'm glad we tried. He tested my husband for DNA fragmentation to see if that could be a reason for poor embryo growth (he was normal). He also recommended I get an EFT test, which showed I had receptivity issues. From there he recommended I get a laparoscopy to see whether I might have endometriosis, which could potentially cause the receptivity issues. Sure enough, they found the endometriosis during the lap, which was removed. Knowing this, he may have discovered why we've had such trouble all along - no other doctor suggested looking into whether I had endometriosis. So now we are going to try a new protocol to tackle that somewhat and hope we get different results.
Leslie gets back to me quickly, just like Dr. Wang. However sometimes it takes a lot of back and forth to get a simple answer done. I feel like I need to follow up a lot to make sure things aren't forgotten or to make sure things are received. Often she'll tell me something wasn't received, so I have to call my local doctor or pharmacy and they will tell me it was sent, so there's a lot of back and forth and then Leslie will find it. I don't know if that's her fault or if maybe the office is not so organized in general.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
SIRM has a lovely, modern waiting room. As for the pre-op and operating rooms, I found them a bit outdated. I was surprised that the operating room was separated by just a curtain from the hallway, and I remember looking at a lot of messy shelves in the OR while I was waiting for the anesthesiologist. But in the end, it isn't pretty ORs or facilities or even the nurses or office staff that make a place great - it's the doctors and the lab that are going to get you your baby. And with Dr. Wang and the embryologists at SIRM NY, you've got a winning combo.
Everything was billed to my insurance - I haven't received any bills yet. We did pay ~$1,000 for various testing that was not covered by insurance.
For my poor embryos, I think we would have transferred 2. But mine didn't develop well enough to have that conversation.
3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Immunological
He created a unique plan that was tailored to our case that helped us to generate many more embryos than previous cycles and resulted in a pregnancy.... I have endometriosis so approximately six weeks before my most successful cycle, I had my second laparoscopic excision. The month prior to the cycle, I primed with HGH (Omnitrope), BCP, and Femara. During the cycle, I used Gonal-F (low dose), HGH, and added low dose HCG at the end. I triggered with Lupron. I also did a two day transfer of embryos as my history suggests my body is a better place then the lab for our embryos to grow. I typically produce many eggs but struggle to make blastocysts. With this cycle, I produced about 17 eggs. We transferred five day-two embryos and froze five blastocysts (combination of day 5 & 6).
3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Immunological
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. Wang was a gift to my husband and I after four very difficult pregnancy losses. He created a unique plan that was tailored to our case that helped us to generate many more embryos than previous cycles and resulted in a pregnancy. He responded to every question I asked with care and helped me to truly understand the reasons behind my treatments/care. Dr. Wang is one of a kind and his care is unparalleled. He is an incredible combination of scientist, practitioner, and counselor. I have never met a doctor with better "bed-side manner." We could not survive infertility/RPL without him. He has your back and will see you through.
If Dr. Wang is an option for your family, do not hesitate.
Dr. Wang is an exceptional doctor. He genuinely cares for his patients and responds thoroughly to every question (not matter how seemingly insignificant) with care and concern. He takes his time to understand your case and never forgets a detail about you.
Leslie was very responsive to questions, prescription requests, etc. She and Dr. Wang make a great team.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Dr. Wang is the clinic's strength. I have heard good things about their embryologist and lab as well. Billing practices and cost of treatments/cycles is very expensive and prohibitive.
Insurance covered my IVF cycles. Some medications used in my care were deemed experimental so I had to pay out of pocket.
Dr. Wang made his decision about the number of embryos to transfer based on my history and past cycles. Other doctors would have only allowed one embryo given my age.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Immunological
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Immunological
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
I saw Dr. Wang after being treated (unsuccessfully) by another doctor at a different clinic. I was looking for a fresh perspective on my case and the possibility of doing additional testing to uncover potential issues (I had endometriosis and a blocked tube). I only wish I had gone sooner to Dr. Wang! He is an incredible listener and has a way of explaining information to patients that is clear, concise, and makes sense. He has the ability to think outside the box and is willing to try things and always work with the patient. His communication is top notch - always responding to patient concerns or questions quickly and thoroughly. I was never made to feel like a question was a stupid one or a bother. He was able to suggest additional tests that did confirm I needed some extra treatments around immunological issues and uterine receptivity issues. He always sees patients promptly and gives them 100% of his attention. Words really can't describe how great Dr. Wang is.
Make an appointment as soon as possible - don't delay.
Dr. Wang's personable bedside manner always made me feel like I was being treated like a real human. He is caring and compassionate. He always remembered the details of my case and I never felt like "just a chart".
I used the Gonal-F/Menopur protocol with Ganirelix. My protocol was always tailored and adjusted for each cycle based on my needs and response. An endometrial function test revealed I would benefit from 3 months of Lupron treatment. I then required IVIG (when Intralipid treatment did not work), Prednisone, and other immune related drugs. After adjusting this protocol, I was able to finally become pregnant.
I saw many different nurses but all were competent and knowledgeable. Some were more helpful and kind than others.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
The SIRM Institute has many strengths, including it's "non factory-like" feel, easy scheduling of appointments, wide variety of ways to communicate with patients, and amazing doctors. Sometimes I had experiences with incorrect billing and needed to really stay on top of all bills, insurance claims, and paperwork.
I used insurance to cover egg retrievals, frozen transfers, office visits, monitoring, and blood work. After exhausting insurance benefits, I paid out of pocket for 1 fresh IVF cycle. The cost for the fresh cycle was very reasonable compared to costs of other clinics.
Sher Fertility of New York
Dr Wang used the estrogen priming with Lupron about a week before my cycle started. When my cycle started in Day three we continued on with Lupron x2 daily, Follistim at 225, HGH and then added a low dose HGH mid way through. It was a long stunning cycle but we were able to retrieve 6, fertilize 4, and then transfer 3 which has been my best results to date.... He always answered every question with honesty, he never gave us false hopes, but he also didn't beat us down with age related facts, as he knew , we already knew them.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. Wang was truly an excellent doctor who made us feel at home; even in the SIRM office. He always answered every question with honesty, he never gave us false hopes, but he also didn't beat us down with age related facts, as he knew , we already knew them. He was a realist and I appreactaed that. He gets back to emails quickly, and doesn't miss a beat as far as leaving any stone unturned. Our insurance doesn't cover IVf treatments, so unfortunately we were priced out of SIRM, but even now, I am not his patient yet he still responds and answers my questions, faster and with more definition then my current doctor.
Ask lots of questions- he will answer them all! And take his advice- he is so knowledgeable.
Dr.Wang is so down to earth. He gives you real expectations, but with a smile and a sincere wish to help you achieve your dream of being a parent. Many Drs, especially REs, get stuck in Doctor mode. They don't take the time to exchange a real human interaction with their patients. They wear their lab coats and talk about your fertility as if there were talking about changing the carborator on your car. For me, as I imagine for many women, it's very traumatic not being able to conceive, on so many levels. Very soon after I got a BFN with Dr. Wang- he not only called me personally, but he sent an email- empathizing with our loss, and giving us some hope for next cycle. It was the most sincere letter I had ever gotten from anyone in the healthcare business- and after that loss, it ever so slightly took some of the bitterness out of our loss. I imagine this has to be one of the hardest professions to be in as you are dealing with very challenging odds, and many setbacks. Dr.Wang doesnt only do his job with excellent technical skills, but professionalism, integrity and compassion. These qualities set him apart, because it is not just his medical skills that make him a great doctor, it's just who he is.
Very friendly. Always willing to help. Sometimes there were different nurses assigned to me, but that didn't really make much of a difference.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Very clean, very bright, very well staffed. Easy to get to in mid town NY. The only drawback is the changed their prices and they heavily increased the costs of all treatments. Sometimes it's takes a few days for the financial department to get back to you.
I am not sure the exact costs. But I believe the IVF was about $16,000-17,000
No, I have DOR and am now 44, so I understand transferring a few embryos gives me better odds.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
After being a patient to many other REs, once I met Dr. Wang, I knew he was the RE I needed! We have our miracle son due to his fantastic work, incredible bedside manners, extreme knowledge of protocols and customizing treatments for his patient’s needs. Can’t say enough great things about Dr. Wang and his team! Extraordinary person with charismatic personality and fantastic mind! THANK YOU DR. Wang for making it happen for us after 8 years wait! WE LOVE YOU!!! Forever grateful!...
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
"The best ever RE you can find on the East Coast! Not only in the state of NY, but for the entire East Coast! After being a patient to many other REs, once I met Dr. Wang, I knew he was the RE I needed! We have our miracle son due to his fantastic work, incredible bedside manners, extreme knowledge of protocols and customizing treatments for his patient’s needs. Can’t say enough great things about Dr. Wang and his team! Extraordinary person with charismatic personality and fantastic mind! THANK YOU DR. Wang for making it happen for us after 6 years wait! WE LOVE YOU!!! Forever grateful!”
Never give up and trust Dr. Wang completely!
"The best ever RE you can find on the East Coast! Not only in the state of NY, but for the entire East Coast! After being a patient to many other REs, once I met Dr. Wang, I knew he was the RE I needed! We have our miracle son due to his fantastic work, incredible bedside manners, extreme knowledge of protocols and customizing treatments for his patient’s needs. Can’t say enough great things about Dr. Wang and his team! Extraordinary person with charismatic personality and fantastic mind! THANK YOU DR. Wang for making it happen for us after 8 years wait! WE LOVE YOU!!! Forever grateful!”
My successful cycle we transferred my lonely 2 embryos on Day 2 and I have my 1 year old son from that fresh D2 transfer. We used HGH as my quality was really bad especially after termination my first pregnancy with Dr. Wang due to a developmental issue with the baby. So we used everything we knew about .
Leslie has become a lifetime friend after being my nurse coordinator while I was cycling with Dr. Wang in 2014 and 2015. We still keep in touch. Since I graduated from Dr. Wang, I have created a group of former, current and future patients of Dr. Wang called Wang Gang. We are about 90 ladies and we help each other in real life with advise, medications and support.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
The clinic is not the typical cookie cutting clinic like Cornell, NYU or RMA. It is a charming little place where everybody knows you by name and you don't have to wait to be seen. It is in the heart of Manhattan so it is very easily accessible for all ladies coming from all over the world to find success. You will be treated in the best way possible by the entire staff!
I had insurance coverage so all I had to do is keep a close eye to all the claims
Sher Fertility of New York
I saw him [Dr. Wang] every time I came into the clinic. He was super involved and I was able to email him anytime I wanted in which he would answer within a few hours. He was very caring and compassionate. I did not have success with him and he still emailed me to see how I am doing years later...He is very compassionate and caring. He listens to you and takes your ideas into account...This dr was very sensitive when delivering such delicate news.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
This doctor is very easy to talk to and answers his emails within a few hours. He is very compassionate and caring. He listens to you and takes your ideas into account. My first IVF with him resulted in 36 eggs and 22 embryos that ALL arrested on day 3. It was a complete shock that not even one made it to blastocyst. He called me himself with this news and stayed on the phone with me as long as I needed him to. We did another IVF with him in which I also produced 36 eggs and 22 embryos. He called saying they werent looking good on day 3 and I begged if I can come in and transfer 2 to see if maybe they would survive better inside me than in a petrie dish. He agreed. This ended up being a chemical pregnancy. All my other embryos did arrest. This dr was very sensitive when delivering such delicate news. He even admitted to try another clinic to see how my embryos would grow there. Its been 4 years since being treated by him and we still keep in contact. He is a very honest and kind dr. I wish it would have worked out by him.
My advice is that he is a really kind and caring doctor. He is on top of it all and will deliver news to you personally. You will have a human experience here.
I felt like a human with this dr because I saw him every time I came into the clinic. He was super involved and I was able to email him anytime I wanted in which he would answer within a few hours. He was very caring and compassionate. I did not have success with him and he still emailed me to see how I am doing years later. I sometimes email him with ideas that my new drs have and he always gives me his advice.
My first IVF we used gonal F in varying amounts, menopur, and ganirelix and triggered with HCG. This resulted in 36 eggs, 22 embryos, and they all arrested by day 3. I also had slight OHSS from this cycle. I did another IVF with him and we changed the protocol. I was on BCP for 3 weeks before stims, lupron, gonal F, menopur, and ganirelix. We had 36 eggs, 22 embryos and transferred 2 embryos on day 3 since the dr called saying all the embryos weren't looking good. I ended up with a chemical pregnancy and had VERY bad hyperstimulation and was bedridden for a few weeks. This doctor believed that maybe my husbands balanced translocation caused this (later we tested some of the dead embryos and they were normal so this was not the reason) or that my embryos did not like their lab. He also suggested doing a day 1 or 2 transfer. Ultimately he suggested trying RMA since their lab protocol is difference there.
Leslie was amazing to deal with. She was thorough and was on top of everything. She was super nice as well and emailed me back in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
This clinic was overall really good. I had a good experience with everyone here even though I had 2 failed IVFs. They are communicative and pretty organized as well. I cannot think of any weaknesses.
They were very accommodating with monitoring. Dr. Wang often came in 10 minutes earlier to see me so that I would not be late to work since I worked over an hour away.
I dealt with Jessica at billing and she was very easy to work with. We did 2 IVF egg retrievals here and one fresh transfer. We also paid to get embryos tested. My medications at the time were partially covered by insurance. I believe we spent around $30,000.
2013 - 2014
Male Factor, Other
There aren't enough words in the English language to cover my admiration, appreciation, and respect for Dr. Wang. He kept us involved in the process, answered emails at all hours, was open to our ideas, and fully made it a "team" effort. He grieved our setbacks with us and plotted a new course, and celebrated our victories, including the birth of our child, with us.
2013 - 2014
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
Run, don't walk, to see him.
He has the best bedside manner of any doctor. I've never felt like someone cared as much about us or fought as hard for us. He kept us informed and gave us a voice. Infertility sucks, but he, and the baby he and his team are responsible for creating, were the good things to come out of the process.
We dealt with severe MFI, so he coordinated with my husband's urologist to time my egg retrieval with his surgery. He monitored me closely to keep my on schedule, and it worked perfectly. He retrieved a significant amount of eggs, and his amazing embyrologist spent 9 hours, until late in the evening, going through the surgical samples to inject the sperm into my eggs. After our fresh transfer resulted in a negative test, he suggested some tests just to be safe (since the frozen embryos were my husband's only chance for a biological child). He did an endometrial function test, and found an issue. I did 3 months of depot lupron to reset my system, and then prepared for an FET. That FET was successful. His treatment was such that, even if it hadn't worked, I never would have wondered "what if," which was a huge gift.
Some nurses were fantastic, some were not as organized, and one was cold and never smiled.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
It's the opposite of a factory.
We had insurance coverage, so I can't comment beyond saying that the staff was very helpful in dealing with my insurance, despite the insurance company's hard work to make things as difficult as possible.
Sher Fertility of New York
Dr. Wang is very responsive. He takes his time to answer all the questions. Does not rush. After each setback he is eager to learn from the past and do testing to assure positive results in the future. I feel like he really cares to help me...Leslie was very responsive and I felt I could always email her with any questions. She send the prescriptions to my pharmacy promptly. She even helped me with getting some paperwork from my previous doctor. Leslie kept me organized by sending me detailed calendar with each medication dosage and appointment/blood test scheduled. She would follow up with new calendar if anything changed. Leslie spend an hour with me showing me how to administer each shot or each medication by myself which made me very confident when I had to do it at home. She also send me some video links in case I forgot.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
Try this doctor because you will not go wrong with him. Be as open as you can about your concerns or symptoms.
Dr. Wang was very accessible to answer all my questions. I could call him as well as email him with any updates or questions and he responded right away, most of the time within an hour or two.
injectible drugs before the egg retrieval.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Clinic is very organized. Appointments are on time. I never waited more than 10 minutes and most of the time my wait was less than 5 minutes. Staff is pleasant. The waiting room is clean and not crowded.
Dr. Wang educated me on eSET vs multiple embryo transfer not once but each time before the decision needed to be made. He left the decision to me and my husband. He was NOT preferring one over the other. Dr. Wang would not transfer more than 2.
Sher Fertility of New York
Dr. Wang is the most compassionate and caring doctor that I have ever had. He provides a level of personalized care that is simply a cut above the rest. I can't imagine ever feeling like I was just a number under his care. His level of attentiveness and kindness is what one can only hope for with every doctor but yet is so hard to find.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. Wang is everything one could hope for in an RE. He is kind, compassionate, knowledgeable, thorough, communicative, progressive...I could go on and on. Truly, there is no other RE like him.
Don't be shy to ask questions. Dr. Wang is very responsive and he never makes you feel like your questions are a bother.
Estrogen priming to synchronize follicles then microdose Lupron, Gonal F and menopur and Omnitrope. Produced better results in terms of quality of the eggs.
Leslie seems to be very organized and on top of all the details when it comes to coordinating an IVF cycle. I was very impressed by her.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
The clinic's main strength is Dr. Wang himself. Patients come to the clinic for him. The clinic's main weakness seems to be some of it's other support staff. The administrative staff seems to be less knowledgeable about billing, insurance, scheduling out of town patients, etc.
Insurance paid for most of it.
Purchase
3 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Dr. Wang is unlike any other health care provider I have ever had. I have full email access to him and his staff and ALWAYS hear back within a few hours. He's in constant communication with me about all aspects of my treatment and always asks for my opinion. He treats me like an educated person.
3 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of Connecticut?
Best doctor EVER. Smart, compassionate, well-educated, thoughtful, considerate and just an overall amazing person. Accessible at all times, weekends, night and days and explains things so thoroughly that I wonder how he actually has a life outside of work if he pays attention to all of his patients like this! I rarely receive an email from him that's less than several paragraphs and he does a tremendous job of explaining each side of a proposed test, treatment, etc before explaining where he stands amongst it all. Amazing. No other words for him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of Connecticut?
Do it!!!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of Connecticut?
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Wang used in your cycles at Sher Fertility of Connecticut and their degree of success.
MDLF protocol with EPP after two failed antagonist with EPP at another clinic. EFT test due to history of endo. Thrombophilia panel. Lupron depot for 3 months after freeze-all cycle due to EFT results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Erin & Michele)
Every member of the staff is great. Katie (office admin), Erin & Michele are awesome. Jennifer in billing is helpful but it can be challenging to pin her down if she's busy, but I have found this to be the case at every clinic.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of Connecticut.
SIRM CT is closing on 3/25/16.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of Connecticut.
Insurance coverage for cycle and meds. $3k for ICSI, $650 for EFT, $250 for sperm DNA fragmentation test.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Immunological
We did pretty straight forward antagonist cycles, the difference for us was using autoimmune meds during our last transfer and transferring a larger number of day 2 embryos, rather than waiting to make blasts. I firmly believe we would not have been successful without this early transfer protocol which Dr. Wang carefully put together for us...the warmest, most compassionate doctor I’ve ever had for any treatment.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Immunological
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. Wang worked so hard with us for over a year, to bring us our son. He is the kindest, smartest, most caring doctor. He is considerate and brilliant and always a step ahead managing any road blocks. He always went above and beyond to look out for us and always treated us with such extraordinary care. He found autoimmune issues no other doctor had found, and that made all the difference for us. I will always look back at our treatments with Dr.Wang with incredible gratitude.
See him now. Don’t wait!
Dr. Wang is the warmest, most compassionate doctor I’ve ever had for any treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York.
I loved the nursing staff.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
I only went to SIRM for Dr. Wang. I feel the clinic is pretty expensive when compared to other options. Dr. Wang was absolutely worth it, but I’m not certain I’d pay on that level for anyone else. The clinic has a great location and is clean and professional, nothing bad to say about the space or basic set-up.
I can’t remember exactly, but I think around 60k for four cycles not including genetic testing which added about 10k. However, I think rates have changed since we were there.
We transferred a larger number untested embryos which led to success after failed single and double transfers of pgd tested embryos.
2013
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological
Dr. Wang is the most compassionate doctor who I have ever had the pleasure to work with (you read that correctly, work with). He was available to answer any questions at any time of the day. He responded quickly with pure scientifical, yet empathetic answers during such an emotionally fueled time....Dr Wang completed all of his ultrasounds. The appointments were in the afternoon. He was always thorough. He always explained everything he saw.
2013
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
He is the most compassionate man who saw me as an individual. He took his time to answer all of my questions. He listened to all of my concerned and addressed each one making me feel at ease and heard. He believed in my intuition. He is amazing!
Trust him.
Dr. Wang is the most compassionate doctor who I have ever had the pleasure to work with (you read that correctly, work with). He was available to answer any questions at any time of the day. He responded quickly with pure scientifical, yet empathetic answers during such an emotionally fueled time. I still email this amazing doctor to show him pictures of my beautiful 27 month old girls. His smile was such a comfort to me during the ivf cycle. I would recommend him to anyone who would listen. He sets the bar so high for all of my future drs.
I was on gonal-f, menopur, cetrotide, Saizon, prednisone, baby aspirin, lovenox.
The nurses that I worked with were quick to respond with thorough answers.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
The front staff were always friendly & welcoming. The embryologist was amazing & worked hard. The nurses in the office were friendly & always answered questions with a quick response.
Insurance paid
2012
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological, Unexplained
He [Jeff Wang] is amazing. Best doctor ever. Smart, compassionate and caring. We have been in touch for years. I moved to another doctor in the clinic for my FET 2.5 years after my fresh cycle with Jeff produced my daughter (for logistical reasons) and he kept in touch throughout my treatment and subsequent pregnancy with my twins even though i was no longer officially his patient.
2012
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological, Unexplained
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
He is amazing. Best doctor ever. Smart, compassionate and caring. We have been in touch for years. I moved to another doctor in the clinic for my FET 2.5 years after my fresh cycle with Jeff produced my daughter (for logistical reasons) and he kept in touch throughout my treatment and subsequent pregnancy with my twins even though i was no longer officially his patient.
Trust him. Also don't be shy about asking potentially stupid questions - even at 4am.
Dr Wang is the best doctor i have ever been to. He listens, he gives amazing advice and he cares so much.
IUI with injectables - chemical pregnancy Fresh cycle - antagonist protocol - negative but produced 3 frozen embryos that worked as a FET 3 years later (produced identical twins) Fresh Cycle 2- long lupron - produced fewer eggs but thought that the quality might be better - did a 3 day emergency transfer when all but 3 arrested at day 2 - produced a wonderful amazing baby girl
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
All appointments are scheduled (as opposed to some other clinics that have open hours). Its a bit annoying but your doctor does all your monitoring and procedures.
first go round - no insurance - did a 3 cycle package for about 23k (not counting copays for bloodwork and meds) second go round - FET- had insurance - i think i paid maybe 200 out of pocket for copays
Sher Fertility of New York
Dr. Wang seemed super knowledgeable from the first meeting we had. He was extremely approachable and he followed up after our first consultation the same night. His prompt responses made me feel like he really took the time to speak with his patients. I was extremely comfortable working with him...Dr. Wang provided the risks and complications that I'd experience in the treatment and he walked me through every step...I knew I needed a doctor who would give me the personal care I need in this difficult process and Dr. Wang def. exceeded my expectation.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
I knew I needed a doctor who would give me the personal care I need in this difficult process and Dr. Wang def. exceeded my expectation. If I could, I'd have Dr. Wang as my doctor for everything. He's amazing!
NONE!
Dr. Wang seemed super knowledgeable from the first meeting we had. He was extremely approachable and he followed up after our first consultation the same night. His prompt responses made me feel like he really took the time to speak with his patients. I was extremely comfortable working with him. Much better than the experience I had working with a different doctor before!!!
Dr. Wang provided the risks and complications that I'd experience in the treatment and he walked me through every step. The result was GOOD!
The nurses who reached out to me after every tests were great. The nurses who took my blood tests were just ok...they bruised me a couple of times and couldn't answer some of my questions about what the test results would indicate.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
This clinic was clean and organized. I felt comfortable going there.
I haven't received all the bills yet.
2 IUI, 3 IVF, Egg Freezing
He [Dr. Wang] has excellent bedside manner, allows me to be me while communicating with him, and solicits my own thoughts in how we approach my care and treatment...Dr. Wang is outstanding. He communicates extensively with me, gives thoughtful opinions and advice, and doesn't put me through anything hard unnecessarily. He truly considers me as a specific patient and doesn't automatically do or not do anything. He is clearly an expert, and has recommended things that have brought us increased success.
2 IUI, 3 IVF, Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
Share all of your questions and opinions so he can help make you very comfortable.
He has excellent bedside manner, allows me to be me while communicating with him, and solicits my own thoughts in how we approach my care and treatment.
PICSI was added for male factor infertility (sperm fragmentation) and this got us 2.5 more embryos than any prior cycle.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
The nurse and financial teams are not as great as Dr. Wang. There were missed communications, schedules not updated, etc. I had to really carefully ask questions and manage my care to make sure mistakes weren't made.
Around 11k for IVF, 1000 for PICSI, 3600 I think for FET.
9 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
I really like Dr Wang. I eventually learned from going to another Dr at another clinic that there were several tests he did not even mention that I wished were done, that i didn't even know about until I saw another Dr. It's possible we would have gotten there eventually, but I feel a little disappointed in how we started off because of that. Feels like lost time, and I didnt feel like i was well informed
9 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
As questions and ask about all possible testing that can be done early on
Very good manner and a great communicator. I really felt like he cared
Only did 3 rounds of IUI with progesterone support. 1 chemical pregnancy.
Nuetral
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Fine. Nothing good or bad to mention. I would not say it impacted my experience either way. Don't be surprised if you have to wait sometimes, but never anything too long. Clinic was always very clean
Sher Fertility of New York
He [Dr. Jeffrey Wang] seemed genuinely concerned about me as a patient AND person. He took into account my schedule & work demands. He made himself available by email, text, phone. He is, BY FAR, the best Dr. I've ever had...He is an excellent communicator! He gave me his email address and answered every and any question I had within the hour. He treated me with respect, kindness and compassion. I never felt like I was taking up his valuable time like at my previous clinic. He should teach other doctors how to interact and treat patients--that's how greathe is.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
If you are looking for a doctor who not only listens and communicates, but also a doctor who CARES about you, Dr. Wang is the Dr. for you.
He seemed genuinely concerned about me as a patient AND person. He took into account my schedule & work demands. He made himself available by email, text, phone. He is, BY FAR, the best Dr. I've ever had.
Currently I am doing Lupron flare protocol. It resulted in one dominant follicle. We canceled cycle.
Strengths--quickly responds to emails. No weaknesses.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
I am monitoring in a different state. The clinic was organized and effecient. The Dr. & staff was kind & compassionate.
I don't remember
We would transfer 2-3 if I had that many.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Wang was available to us basically 24/day. If we emailed him a frantic question, he would always respond in an appropriate time. He took our fears to heart and would even step out of the exam room for a moment if we needed to cry and gather ourselves together...Unfortunately the emails and instructions we received from the nurse were at times incorrect or confusing. But Dr. Wang was always able to clarify
Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
We could not be happier with our experience. He tempered our expectations to be realistic, while ensuring we never lost hope. He treated all of our questions respectfully and never spoke down to us while explaining out care plan.
He no longer practices in NYC, but he is WELL worth the trip to Westchester
I cannot remember all of the medications we used
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: Lopez)
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
The clinic is small. The offices and decor feel a bit dated, but are perfectly suitable for the treatment we sought.
On par with other nyc clinics we researched
Sher Fertility of New York
He was always there for me whether it would be through via cell phone text or email. Any questions day or night he was there to answer my call... And every appointment I always saw him. I was never put with another doctor.
Latino, Other
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
Consult with him we knew right away that he was the doctor that we want to go it was extremely thorough but the same time very warm and kind And every appointment I always saw him. I was never put with another doctor.
You won't go wrong if you choose him! He will get you pregnant
He has the best bedside manner ever! He was always there for me whether it would be through via cell phone text or email. Any questions day or night he was there to answer my call. He's always warm and kind we see him and always remember the last conversation you had with him.
The first time we went to do a retrieval I was unable to do it because I ate the morning of. I was extremely distraught the nurses were there to help ease my pain. And every single appointment there always very caring. The day we found out that we were pregnant when we came in all the nurses were so excited for us and hugged us.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Wang is a very thorough and caring dr. He takes the time to know your individual history and designs a protocol that is right for you. He is always pleasant and easy to contact. Dr. Wang is a truly dedicated and that makes infertility treatment just a bit more tolerable.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of Connecticut?
To not be afraid to ask questions.
Dr. Wang is truly a caring dr. He is always pleasant as well as easy to contact even during "off" hours.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of Connecticut.
An excellent fertility clinic in a nice location.
Right now we are mostly insured.
3 IUI, IVF
Dr. Wang was the kindest, most compassionate doctor I've ever been to. He was realistic without being negative...He was always available by email and would respond quickly even on weekends and during odd hours.
3 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. Wang was the kindest, most compassionate doctor I've ever been to. He was realistic without being negative. He actually made me feel as if he appreciated me as a patient and as a person; Dr. Wang almost made going through IVF pleasant!
Don't be afraid to ask questions since Dr. Wang will answer any questions you have and never make you feel bad for asking them.
Dr. Wang was incredibly kind and his communication skills were excellent. He was always available by email and would respond quickly even on weekends and during odd hours.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York.
Can't think of anything.
7 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological
[Dr. Jeffrey Wang is an] amazing doctor who takes his time explaining things and communicates all the time...thinks out of the box...[Nurses at Sher Fertility of Connecticut are] amazing compassionate great at returning calls...Good clinic... good reputation... but switching hands so some confusion on staff and billing
7 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of Connecticut?
Amazing doctor who takes his time explaining things and communicates all the time...thinks out of the box
You're on GREAT hands
Always returns phone calls, communicates wonderfully thinks out of the box...his amazing!!
Amazing compassionate great at returning calls