Nurse available by email
Santa Rosa
990 Sonoma Ave
Santa Rosa, CA 95404
707-523-1768
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jennifer Agard to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Marin Fertility to a friend?
2017 - 2019
She [Dr. Agard] is a sweet doctor, but the two miscarriages I had under her care, she gave me a generic answer, almost word by word. I feel that she doesn’t really further investigate what other causes a miscarriage could result from other than her “run-of-the-mill” answers she’s used to giving...I have PCOS and do not menstruate regularly. When I began my Clomid with IUI round the first time, my follicles were not growing. So instead of waiting for the following month, because I don’t usually ovulate on my own either, she used a different technique and discussed it with me to see what I thought. She tried, and I think the term was “stair-stepping” which is just continuing the Clomid for 5 more additional days than the 5 original. In another instance we did the same, but switched me to Letrozole. Both times it helped and worked. She does think outside of the box when it comes to treatment, which I appreciated.
European, Latino
How was your experience with Jennifer Agard at Marin Fertility?
I feel that she doesn’t connect with people on a personal level and knows how to give very generic answers to specific situations. She shows care and compassion, but I don’t feel a deeper connection with her other than the simple smiles she gives.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Agard at Marin Fertility?
Ask questions. Many of them. Challenge what she asks you and don’t be afraid of asking multiple times. Maybe she can learn from that to explain something differently than the regular answers she knows how to give.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Agard at Marin Fertility?
She is a sweet doctor, but the two miscarriages I had under her care, she gave me a generic answer, almost word by word. I feel that she doesn’t really further investigate what other causes a miscarriage could result from other than her “run-of-the-mill” answers she’s used to giving.
Describe the protocols Jennifer Agard used in your cycles at Marin Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Marin Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Isabelle)
Isabelle is the best nurse in the office. I love her. She listens and comes up with a plan and lays it out for you. She’s attentive and pays attention to your individual needs. There is another nurse there that did not gather the information she needed before sending me away to an OBGyn. Kind of blew me off and I thought my time at the office was completed due to the information she told me. I received a call from Isabelle the next day and was completely confused when she wanted to schedule me a follow up appointment. I informed her that the other nurse had sent me away and that I was no longer under Agard’s care. I was extremely frustrated.
Describe your experience with Marin Fertility.
It seems that their turn over rate for employees is high. I like the staff (except for one particular nurse) but I see it changes kind of often and that worries me about how they’re treating their employees. I believe that reflects a lot about the type of professionals they really are.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Agard at Marin Fertility.
I paid everything out of pocket. The consultation was $290 (included baseline with ultrasound) The ultrasounds individually after baseline were $340 I believe and the IUI was approximately $12-1300.
Describe Jennifer Agard's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Marin Fertility.
I don’t know enough about this to comment.
Greenbrae

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jennifer Agard at Marin Fertility.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
She [Dr. Jennifer Agard] didn't treat me like a science experiment, force us into ivf/pgd even though thats what was recommended. She let us try other options before coming to the conclusion that's what we needed...For the iui's we used 5mg femara for 5 days, hcg trigger shot, and progesterone suppositories. She used this each time because I grew 3-4 large follicles, and my lining was well maintained. We used this for my 2nd iui with a previous dr and it resulted in pregnancy. Unfortunately, we lost the baby at birth due to a genetic disease. So we tried iui 3 more times unsuccessfully before moving to ivf/pgd. Waiting for our probe to be developed before starting treatment
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with Jennifer Agard at Marin Fertility?
She is very warm, friendly, highly regarded in our community. She gives you her time to ask questions, without feeling rushed. Her clinic is very busy, but when she's with you, you have her undivided attention
Don't be afraid to ask her lots of questions and talk about your options
She didn't treat me like a science experiment, force us into ivf/pgd even though thats what was recommended. She let us try other options before coming to the conclusion that's what we needed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Marin Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Soraya Marashi)
All of the staff members are very warm, responsive, they are your biggest cheerleaders. Many times I have called or emailed them with random questions or venting my anxieties and they were able to calm me down and talk me down from the ledge
Describe your experience with Marin Fertility.
The clinic tries very hard to accommodate to your schedule which is hard because they are very busy. They have opened multiple office locations which makes it more convenient for us since we don't live closely to the location. Cindy is the front desk coordinator and she knows her stuff! Ivf is crazy expensive, but they try to use insurance as much as possible and break down the costs so you know what to expect
So far, meds are 4600, ivf process is 4200, 1500 for pgs, Fet costs not known yet
Dr. Agard is pretty set on single embryo transfer due to high risk of carrying multiples, but she still allows families to decide

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
I began seeing Dr. Agard to diagnose my infertility causes and create a plan for treatment. I saw her from an initial consult through various testing to the appointment about results and the plan for next steps. Just prior to beginning any IVF cycles, I moved away, so I didn't see things through with Dr. Agard, but not due to anything she did. I considered remaining a patient there because I felt very comfortable with her and the clinic, but the distance would have been too much of a barrier.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
How was your experience with Jennifer Agard at Marin Fertility?
I mentioned I had a Biology degree so I understood a lot of the processes she was describing, which freed her up from having to explain a lot of the basics to me. If you are similarly educated, say so. otherwise, if not, she was good at explaining what was going on in layman's terms - I just didn't need her to.
Dr. Agard was professional but approachable and friendly. Her tone and manner was very encouraging which I appreciated, as I had been scared and scarred by previous conversations with an insensitive ob-gyn about infertility.
She offered me the option of IUI or IVF but gave the likelihood of success for both and recommended IVF. I moved away before we began so I can't comment on whether it would have been successful or what specific protocols she would have used. She was encouraging that it would have been successful.
I mostly dealt with them by phone or briefly at appointments because I saw so much of the doctor herself. The nurses' manner on the phone was much appreciated - very understanding of me asking questions or feeling apprehensive, etc.
Describe your experience with Marin Fertility.
Great location for me. Also, Dr. Agard was a preferred provider for my insurance and was willing to submit claims for portions of treatment that were covered - absolutely critical for me, compared to clinics that don't bother. They were pretty quick to respond to my inquiries, and seemed pretty organized.
$29,000 with no meds, three stim cycles of egg retrieval, biopsy analysis, egg freezing included.
Greenbrae

Dr. Agard 's bedside manner was very calming and comfortable. It felt like I was talking with a friend and I liked that I felt we were collaborating rather than her just taking over my body. For the most part she seemed to have time to answer questions too. A couple of times things were rushed and I wish I had been given better instructions and information on what to expect as well as alternative strategies for treatment...
How was your experience with Jennifer Agard at Marin Fertility?
Ask about what all your options are for treatment strategies and don't be afraid to say "no" that's not how I want to do that, or to talk through your concerns. She is a great listener and I think will support her patients decisions, but it's important to ask lots of questions and then trust your gut.
The service and bed side manner of both Dr. Agard and the office staff was excellent. I felt they always made me feel like their top priority and I sometimes forgot they even had other patients. They were very personal and sensitive at every turn.
I don't remember details, but we did 2 rounds of the trigger shot, 2 IUI and 2 IVF rounds. I had one positive pregnancy from IVF that resulted in a miscarriage and everything else was negative.
The nursing staff were fantastic! Both sharing in our joys and disappointments. Very personable and a pleasure to work with. The only doctors office where I didn't feel stressed out. It seemed everyone enjoyed working there too.
Describe your experience with Marin Fertility.
The office is nice and clean and I rarely had to wait more than five minutes for my appointment. They were also very organized about the financial side of things as well. I honestly can't think of a weakness.
The cost was well over 25K
Greenbrae

[Dr. Jennifer Agard] Very knowledable, scientific care, felt confident in fertility knowledge. Very little allotted one one one. For such expensive, invasive procedures, was surprised at how little contact or explanation given...it was mostly MA’s that I had contact with....For IUI, used letrizole and hcv. IVF- Standard protocol of injectibles and hcv trigger for egg retrieval, then estrogen and progesterone for embryo transfer.
How was your experience with Jennifer Agard at Marin Fertility?
Research for yourself first what you want for treatment, including specifics of IVF.
Well, it was mostly MA’s that I had contact with. They were well trained though
Describe your experience with Marin Fertility.
The clinic is timely, organized, efficient, and generally operates well. They give options for appt times when possible, I feel. Although, it would be better if they had more Santa Rosa hours, to prevent surprise trips to the marin clinic one hour away. Appts are short bit easy to work in to a bush schedule.
Individual ultrasound monitoring fees with IUI. IVF- lump sum including recommending all the options (even PGS). In all spend 37,000 in one year
None
Santa Rosa

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
She [Dr. Agard] has always been very kind and considerate...Super professional, very sweet, always felt like we had her full attention and seems very dedicated. Explains things thoroughly and is always willing to answer all our questions. Speaks to us on our level. We know she is there for us for whatever we need...We used multiple protocols because my wife had a hard time with some of the drugs; Dr Agard was always very willing to make adjustments
How was your experience with Jennifer Agard at Marin Fertility?
Be honest with her about your expectations. Ask questions
She has always been very kind and considerate
Describe your experience with your nurse at Marin Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Soraya)
Unfortunately the office seems to have a certain amount of turnover in the staff. Unfortunately Soraya left the office after getting married
Describe your experience with Marin Fertility.
Staff turnover is an issue. We have had a few medication mix ups because of new staff; also times when messages weren’t communicated properly by new staff; it was difficult because my wife was on medians very emotional
Comparably expensive to what others have described

2016 - 2019
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Dr. Agard takes the time to go over everything and is very personable .. Dr. Agard is a very warm and caring individual and has taken the time to thoroughly discuss each step with us along the way. ... Trust her - she is very knowledgable and caring ... She is the expert, we trust her judgement with the eSET for our circumstances ... There has been a high turnover in nursing staff [Marin Fertility - Greenbrae] since we have been seeing Dr. Agard which is unfortunate and we don't believe has anything to do with her professionally
2016 - 2019
How was your experience with Jennifer Agard at Marin Fertility?
Dr. Agard is a very warm and caring individual and has taken the time to thoroughly discuss each step with us along the way. There was only one incident where we were disappointed (the nurses at an outside facility where a procedure was performed assured us she was coming back in to say good bye and she did not).
Trust her - she is very knowledgable and caring
Dr. Agard takes the time to go over everything and is very personable
This would be too long to go into
There has been a high turnover in nursing staff since we have been seeing Dr. Agard which is unfortunate and we don't believe has anything to do with her professionally
Describe your experience with Marin Fertility.
Try to develop a relationship with one person and stick with speaking to that one person as much as possible. Our difficulties have focused around new people not following through properly and we had to run around and get medications filled, etc.
She is the expert, we trust her judgement with the eSET for our circumstances