UCLA

55 Francisco Street
San Francisco, CA 94133
415-834-3095

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Dr. Agard 's bedside manner was very calming and comfortable. It felt like I was talking with a friend and I liked that I felt we were collaborating rather than her just taking over my body. For the most part she seemed to have time to answer questions too. A couple of times things were rushed and I wish I had been given better instructions and information on what to expect as well as alternative strategies for treatment...
The [Marin Fert - Greenbrae] office is nice and clean and I rarely had to wait more than five minutes for my appointment. They were also very organized about the financial side of things as well. I honestly can't think of a weakness...The service and bed side manner of both Dr. Agard and the office staff was excellent. I felt they always made me feel like their top priority and I sometimes forgot they even had other patients. They were very personal and sensitive at every turn...
How was your experience with Jennifer Agard at Marin Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Agard at Marin Fertility?
Ask about what all your options are for treatment strategies and don't be afraid to say "no" that's not how I want to do that, or to talk through your concerns. She is a great listener and I think will support her patients decisions, but it's important to ask lots of questions and then trust your gut.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Agard at Marin Fertility?
Describe the protocols Jennifer Agard used in your cycles at Marin Fertility and their degree of success.
I don't remember details, but we did 2 rounds of the trigger shot, 2 IUI and 2 IVF rounds. I had one positive pregnancy from IVF that resulted in a miscarriage and everything else was negative.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Marin Fertility.
The nursing staff were fantastic! Both sharing in our joys and disappointments. Very personable and a pleasure to work with. The only doctors office where I didn't feel stressed out. It seemed everyone enjoyed working there too.
Describe your experience with Marin Fertility.
The office is nice and clean and I rarely had to wait more than five minutes for my appointment. They were also very organized about the financial side of things as well. I honestly can't think of a weakness.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Agard at Marin Fertility.
The cost was well over 25K
Greenbrae

I began seeing Dr. Agard to diagnose my infertility causes and create a plan for treatment. I saw her from an initial consult through various testing to the appointment about results and the plan for next steps. Just prior to beginning any IVF cycles, I moved away, so I didn't see things through with Dr. Agard, but not due to anything she did. I considered remaining a patient there because I felt very comfortable with her and the clinic, but the distance would have been too much of a barrier.
$29,000 with no meds, three stim cycles of egg retrieval, biopsy analysis, egg freezing included...Great location for me. Also, Dr. Agard was a preferred provider for my insurance and was willing to submit claims for portions of treatment that were covered - absolutely critical for me, compared to clinics that don't bother. They were pretty quick to respond to my inquiries, and seemed pretty organized.
How was your experience with Jennifer Agard at Marin Fertility?
I mentioned I had a Biology degree so I understood a lot of the processes she was describing, which freed her up from having to explain a lot of the basics to me. If you are similarly educated, say so. otherwise, if not, she was good at explaining what was going on in layman's terms - I just didn't need her to.
Dr. Agard was professional but approachable and friendly. Her tone and manner was very encouraging which I appreciated, as I had been scared and scarred by previous conversations with an insensitive ob-gyn about infertility.
She offered me the option of IUI or IVF but gave the likelihood of success for both and recommended IVF. I moved away before we began so I can't comment on whether it would have been successful or what specific protocols she would have used. She was encouraging that it would have been successful.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Marin Fertility.
I mostly dealt with them by phone or briefly at appointments because I saw so much of the doctor herself. The nurses' manner on the phone was much appreciated - very understanding of me asking questions or feeling apprehensive, etc.
Greenbrae

Dr. Agard is very up to date on the literature, she's always thinking and making sure to consider everything. She's excellent at explaining the medical information, and equally compassionate about the challenges and hardships of it all. ... Femara for iui due to less side effects. She customizes the dosages and makes changes as she goes for if. Mine included menopur, gonal-f, and cetrotide for retrieval. Estrogen and progesterone and a steroid for transfers.
Great staff [at Marin Fertility]. High end boutique feel despite comparable costs for the area. Fast, friendly, efficient. Great embryologist too. Accepted my supplemental insurance and took care of all the crazy billing for it. ... She [nurse] made a mistake once in explaining the meds and I had to start a transfer cycle over. ... It's a well oiled machine. Hit ultrasounds before work or on lunch breaks. ...
How was your experience with Jennifer Agard at Marin Fertility?
Ask questions if you have them. She's happy to take the time to explain.
She is always warm, friendly. Inquires how I am, makes me feel that I'm the only thing that's happening in her clinic during my appointments.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Marin Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Catlin, Leah)
She made a mistake once in explaining the meds and I had to start a transfer cycle over.
Describe your experience with Marin Fertility.
Great staff. High end boutique feel despite comparable costs for the area. Fast, friendly, efficient. Great embryologist too. Accepted my supplemental insurance and took care of all the crazy billing for it.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Marin Fertility.
It's a well oiled machine. Hit ultrasounds before work or on lunch breaks.
Highish bay area prices. Certainly not the cheapest. But, you get what you pay for.
Describe Jennifer Agard's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Marin Fertility.
It's what I wanted having worked in NICU's and seen the risks for multiples. She fully supported me.
2016 - 2019, Unknown Success
Dr. Agard takes the time to go over everything and is very personable .. Dr. Agard is a very warm and caring individual and has taken the time to thoroughly discuss each step with us along the way. ... Trust her - she is very knowledgable and caring ... She is the expert, we trust her judgement with the eSET for our circumstances ... There has been a high turnover in nursing staff [Marin Fertility - Greenbrae] since we have been seeing Dr. Agard which is unfortunate and we don't believe has anything to do with her professionally
Try to develop a relationship with one person and stick with speaking to that one person as much as possible. Our difficulties [at Marin Fertility - Greenbrae] have focused around new people not following through properly and we had to run around and get medications filled, etc. ... There has been a high turnover in nursing staff ... we trust her [doctor] judgement with the eSET for our circumstances ...
How was your experience with Jennifer Agard at Marin Fertility?
Dr. Agard is a very warm and caring individual and has taken the time to thoroughly discuss each step with us along the way. There was only one incident where we were disappointed (the nurses at an outside facility where a procedure was performed assured us she was coming back in to say good bye and she did not).
Trust her - she is very knowledgable and caring
Dr. Agard takes the time to go over everything and is very personable
This would be too long to go into
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Marin Fertility.
There has been a high turnover in nursing staff since we have been seeing Dr. Agard which is unfortunate and we don't believe has anything to do with her professionally
Describe your experience with Marin Fertility.
Try to develop a relationship with one person and stick with speaking to that one person as much as possible. Our difficulties have focused around new people not following through properly and we had to run around and get medications filled, etc.
She is the expert, we trust her judgement with the eSET for our circumstances
What specific things went wrong at Marin Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Marin Fertility.
Please see previous comments about failed prescriptions and failed to request test

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
Staff turnover is an issue [at Marin Fertility]. We have had a few medication mix ups because of new staff; also times when messages weren’t communicated properly by new staff...All problems were due to new staff...Comparably expensive to what others have described...She [Dr. Agard] has always been very kind and considerate...Super professional, very sweet, always felt like we had her full attention and seems very dedicated. Explains things thoroughly and is always willing to answer all our questions. Speaks to us on our level. We know she is there for us for whatever we need...We used multiple protocols because my wife had a hard time with some of the drugs; Dr Agard was always very willing to make adjustments
How was your experience with Jennifer Agard at Marin Fertility?
Be honest with her about your expectations. Ask questions
She has always been very kind and considerate
Describe your experience with your nurse at Marin Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Soraya)
Unfortunately the office seems to have a certain amount of turnover in the staff. Unfortunately Soraya left the office after getting married
Describe your experience with Marin Fertility.
Staff turnover is an issue. We have had a few medication mix ups because of new staff; also times when messages weren’t communicated properly by new staff; it was difficult because my wife was on medians very emotional
Comparably expensive to what others have described
What specific things went wrong at Marin Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Marin Fertility.
All problems were due to new staff