Good

Jennifer Blakemore works at

109 West 27th St
212-263-0040

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Blakemore explained the entire process from the start to the end. She made sure we understood all the risks, benefits, and alternatives of each procedure. She frequently asked if we had any questions throughout each encounter. She made us feel empowered by letting us chose educated decisions regarding our treatments...She was very thorough during our fertility work-up/evaluation...
The nursing staff [at NYU Langone] we absolutely detailed and organized. They were very knowledgeable. Also very kind and patient which is important...Ease of access (1st ave and west side). Entire team was wonderful. Not exactly weakness, but sometimes you will have different nurse and providers for some appointments (not a weakness again, each staff is well updated with your case and history)...
How was your experience with Jennifer Blakemore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Jennifer Blakemore is truly a gem of a physician! She is an intelligent doctor with an absolutely wonderful heart. My husband and I are very grateful to Dr. Blakemore and her team for helping us build a family. She made us feel that we belonged to the right place the moment from time of our initial consultation. She was very thorough during our fertility work-up/evaluation. She made sure that my husband and I understood each process and progression of each treatment. I felt truly comfortable and at ease during each procedure. She was always on top of my test results especially during my daily monitoring for my retrievals. She gave us a true sense of hope in this complex world of infertility. We will be forever grateful to her care. We strongly recommend Dr. Blakemore for any future fertility patients.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Blakemore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Always ask questions! She would love to answer them!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Blakemore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Jennifer Blakemore used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Ovulation induction with Letrozole x 2. IUI with letrozole x1 Egg retrieval FET
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The nursing staff we absolutely detailed and organized. They were very knowledgeable. Also very kind and patient which is important!
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Blakemore at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
My insurance paid for majority of our treatments but in overall out-of-pocket costs, we spent about $12,000 for including co-pay, PGT-A, embryo biopsy, and medications.
Describe Jennifer Blakemore's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
NY - Westside

Dr. Blakemore had a plan from day one for which specialized lab she wanted to use for testing...We had a pretty unique situation where we were doing IVF for genetic testing only as my husband and I are carriers of the same recessive gene...She is extremely personable, very smart and up to date on the latest with fertility science. She explained everything very clearly to us and I always felt like I knew what was happening and what to expect...
The nursing staff at NYU was all extremely competent and helpful. They always responded to calls quickly the few times that I called after hours and needed help with something...NYU was a perfect choice because I knew they had an in-house genetic counselor. With Dr. Blakemore, you get the best personal care while also getting the perks of a big institution like access to a genetic counselor...NYU has a slide in their standard presentation about why they encourage eSET due to the many health risks of multiples...
Dr. Blakemore is one of the best doctors I have ever had and I would recommend her without reservation to anyone else going through fertility treatment. She is extremely personable, very smart and up to date on the latest with fertility science. She explained everything very clearly to us and I always felt like I knew what was happening and what to expect. We had a pretty unique situation where we were doing IVF for genetic testing only as my husband and I are carriers of the same recessive gene. We also wanted the embryos to be tested for an extremely esoteric de novo mutation that our daughter was born with. Dr. Blakemore had a plan from day one for which specialized lab she wanted to use for testing and everything was seamless with them. She has a wonderful bedside manner, even during the stresses of treatment seeing her always brightened my day and I always felt she had time for any questions I had.
Dr. Blakemore is an amazing doctor who had an extremely personalized care plan from day one that yielded wonderful results for us.
We did an antagonist protocol and prepared for two retrievals since I wanted to have the option of having a number of additional children and at least 25% of any aneuploid embryos would likely inherit both of our recessive genes. The results surpassed everyone's expectations and we got 12 euploid embryos, 7 without our genetic issue. Our first transfer worked and the entire process was relatively seamless (for IVF) and I am now 14 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shenetta and Jean Ann)
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
For me, NYU was a perfect choice because I knew they had an in-house genetic counselor. With Dr. Blakemore, you get the best personal care while also getting the perks of a big institution like access to a genetic counselor. We also had Progyny coverage and the other option we were considering Cornell is not covered through that.
I was lucky to have coverage through Progyny through my employer, which my understanding is covers most of this. I haven't yet received any bills but wouldn't be surprised if I had some modest co-pays.
I had no desire to have twins so never asked about this, but recall that NYU has a slide in their standard presentation about why they encourage eSET due to the many health risks of multiples.
NY - Westside

Dr. Blakemore is amazing! She is compassionate, detailed oriented, keeps me updated every step of the way. We discussed realistically what our goals are and made plans accordingly. I never felt lost and always knew she had a plan two steps ahead...Dr. Blakemore and her nurse made an effort to come in early to do my morning monitoring at the NoMad office...Selective single embryo transfer, we transferred day 5 PGS tested embryo
NYU is a very busy center. They are efficient but wait times at the main center can be long in the morning. All the major procedures take place at the main facility. The staff is well coordinated and experienced. I did most of my monitoring at their NoMad office during the week and found it to be much easier. The billing office is a little challenging to get a hold off... it is also an experience facility that is outcome driven and excellent at what they do
Dr. Blakemore is amazing! She is compassionate, detailed oriented, keeps me updated every step of the way. We discussed realistically what our goals are and made plans accordingly. I never felt lost and always knew she had a plan two steps ahead. IVF is not an easy process, full of ups and downs. Somethings are just not within anyone's control, Dr. Blakemore made the process that much easier for us. I am a physician who works very early morning hours, Dr. Blakemore and her nurse made an effort to come in early to do my morning monitoring at the NoMad office. That helped me tremendously, it allowed me to get to the hospital on time and take care of my own patients.
Trust her, be realistically about your goals, and be patient. IVF is difficult road with many ups and down.
NYU is a busy facility that can be overwhelming. The upside is, it is also an experience facility that is outcome driven and excellent at what they do. I got recommendation from a friend that works at the center for Dr. Blakemore. I actually transferred care from another provider in the same practice in the middle of a retrieval process because I felt like I was getting lost in the process. The best decision I have made!
We would like to have 2 kids, so we did multiple rounds of egg retrievals to have couple of PGS tested embryos to account for rate of success with each transfer. While we got a fair number of eggs each round, not many made it day 5, and even less made it through genetic testing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shenetta Walker)
We are so thankful for have met Shenetta! She is organized, she came in early to do my blood work for all of my monitoring sessions. She had everything setup before I got there at 6:30am. If I had any question, I knew I could email her and she would get back to me with answers or connect me with the right person.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
It was mostly covered by insurance. Out of pocket included storage, genetic testing, and meds.
Selective single embryo transfer, we transferred day 5 PGS tested embryo.
NY - Westside

Dr. Blakemore exceeded our expectations, and went above and beyond to show us how strong and far we can really get. She thinks of new/different plans that other's don't think of and is so compassionate...She is extremely organized and detail oriented. she is available when you need her and you can tell she loves helping people.
The staff [at NYU Langone Fertility Center] cares about you, and you don't get treated like a number...The only slight weakness I would say is billing. This clinic has lots of Strengths. They are clean, organized, and available always. They have lovely staff members, doctors, and nurses....[nurse] made us feel confident on how to do things and get through our treatment.
As an infertility patient, you end up going through so much, whether it is surgery, testing, multiple cycles, multiple pregnancy failures/losses. Dr. Blakemore exceeded our expectations, and went above and beyond to show us how strong and far we can really get. She thinks of new/different plans that other's don't think of and is so compassionate. She is the sweetest doctor and the fertility world is extremely blessed to have her in their world. She is extremely organized and detail oriented. she is available when you need her and you can tell she loves helping people.
Be patient, Trust her judgment and recommendations. Always ask whatever questions you have. She is extremely patient and understanding and no question is a stupid question. She is the smartest doctor I have ever met.
Dr. Blakemore shows her genuine care in you, and your treatment. You can easily see how much effort and time she puts into her patients. She was so amazing to me and my husband and made us feel totally confident and important in every way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Mary Hartpence)
Mary Hartpence is one of the most kindest, sweetest nurses I have ever encountered. She guides you every step of the way and completely made us feel confident on how to do things and get through our treatment. She is extremely patient, and caring.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The only slight weakness I would say is billing. This clinic has lots of Strengths. They are clean, organized, and available always. They have lovely staff members, doctors, and nurses. The staff cares about you, and you don't get treated like a number. They have excellent outcomes.
I had coverage through my insurance, with minimally cost of co-payments/co-insurance
Dr. Blakemore was very careful about transferring multiple embryos and cared about the safety and outcome of my transfer. We both agreed eSET was the best route for me.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Blakemore was one of the kindest doctors I’ve ever had the pleasure of working with. I was always greeted with a smile, she remembered our fertility history without having to be reminded and I appreciated how she was very honest about the realities of the outcome while still being optimistic. It made us hopeful but grounded in our expectations...
The staff [at NYU Langone] can and will answer any questions you have quickly. I was never made to feel like I was asking a dumb question or was being to needy. Once the process starts, it’s fast! It’s good to use the support of the staff...Everyone I dealt with in the facility was extremely professional as well as friendly...
Jennifer Blakemore was kind, compassionate and honest. She made me feel comfortable in every aspect of my treatment and helped me to feel positive and calm when I began stressing about my pregnancy in the early stages after it was confirmed. I would recommend her to anyone hoping to conceive.
Trust that she will be honest with you about the reality of the fertility process, while still remaining very positive. That smile and bubbly demeanor isn’t an act, it’s genuine!
Prior to the egg retrieval, I did what was considered the standard amount and dosage of shots for several weeks. Despite having a low egg reserve, we were able to retrieve 7 eggs, 3 of which were viable embryos after genetic testing. After my confirmed pregnancy, I started on progesterone shots and a suppository of endometrin. My body reacted poorly to the endometrin and I had some bleeding after a few weeks. Dr. Blakemore quickly adjusted my medication so I no longer had to take the suppository and instead took a progesterone shot daily as opposed to every other day. This immediately stopped the bleeding and my pregnancy progressed perfectly after that.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
A new patient may want to know that while the process seems daunting at first, don’t be afraid to ask questions. The staff can and will answer any questions you have quickly. I was never made to feel like I was asking a dumb question or was being to needy. Once the process starts, it’s fast! It’s good to use the support of the staff
I was fortunate enough to have a large amount of the fertility costs covered under my insurance. We paid in full for the genetic testing (which was by choice, and not required) and paid a partial cost of some of the necessary medications.
I understood my age to be a factor in using one embryo instead of multiple. Pregnancy with multiples can be more risky and I think it was the right decision.
NY - Westside

Dr. Blakemore made every step of the egg retrieval, embryo creation, testing, transfer and monitoring a breeze. Dr. Blakemore takes time to explain every step of the process, ensuring I understood and answering my questions. She makes herself available to answer questions that pop up outside of visits (as they definitely will). I felt that every step of the way I was under top quality medical care and really understood the process...has a level of kindness, compassion and approachability that you don't always find in a doctor and that is really important for your fertility specialist as this entire process can be so high pressure and stressful.
The nursing staff, care coordinators, and financial advisors [at NYU Langone Fertility Center] are the picture of professionalism. They are organized, responsive, and proactive. At all times, I felt like my needs to being taken care of by competent people. In addition, they were exceptionally kind and warm...I was always greeted with a smile, and after the first visit, by name. Phone calls were always prompted answered and/or returned...
Dr. Blakemore made every step of the egg retrieval, embryo creation, testing, transfer and monitoring a breeze. Dr. Blakemore takes time to explain every step of the process, ensuring I understood and answering my questions. She makes herself available to answer questions that pop up outside of visits (as they definitely will). I felt that every step of the way I was under top quality medical care and really understood the process. But beyond that, Dr. Blakemore has a level of kindness, compassion and approachability that you don't always find in a doctor and that is really important for your fertility specialist as this entire process can be so high pressure and stressful.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. Dr. Blakemore expects them, she wants you to understand and she has a communication skill level that is above and beyond!
Dr. Blakemore, and the entire staff at NYU Fertility Center, were always warm and caring. I was always greeted with a smile, and after the first visit, by name. Phone calls were always prompted answered and/or returned. I always felt like Dr. Blakemore took the time I needed to answer my questions and reassure my concerns. She was always willing to go the extra mile to help me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shanetta and Kimown)
The nursing staff, care coordinators, and financial advisors are the picture of professionalism. They are organized, responsive, and proactive. At all times, I felt like my needs to being taken care of by competent people. In addition, they were exceptionally kind and warm! For each clinic visit, I practically felt like I was visiting friends!
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The staff of the clinic is warm, thoughtful and professional from top to bottom. The clinic is beautifully designed, clean and comfortable. My treatments occurred during the COVID pandemic, and I felt like all necessary precautions were made for my safety and the safety of other patients and staff.
I had out of pocket costs for all services and medications as my insurance covered almost nothing.
My doctor preferred a single embryo transfer. As it was explained to me, the transfer of multiple embryos didn't seem to increase your chance at a live birth, rather just your changes at multiples. I believe the clinic will allow multiple transfers, but it takes some extra counseling and was not something I was interested in pursuing.
2020, 18 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Blakemore] was very attentive and thorough with her explanations and procedures...she made me feel comfortable and safe throughout the process by making herself always available to answer any questions or concerns I had. It was so clear that she is passionate about her work and she cares about her patients...She really means it when she says, "You can always ask me any questions". She will give you very thoughtful and comprehensive answers and you will feel so much better.
I knew that NYU Fertility Clinic was a lot more expensive than other clinics in the city but it was worth it...In spite of the large number of patients they see everyday, all of the nursing staffs treated me like a human, not like a number. They were thorough and compassionate...My primary location was the west side clinic and I was amazed how beautiful the clinic was! Since I had to visit the clinic every morning, it made a big difference. The wait time was also significantly less than the east side location
She was the best doctor I ever had! It was by luck that I found her and I feel extremely fortunate that I had her as my doctor for my treatment. From the moment I stepped into her office, she made me feel very comfortable and I knew I was making the right decision to have my treatment at her clinic. Her passion for her work and genuine compassion for her patients are evident and that makes a world of difference for patients.
Don't hesitate to ask her any questions or reach out to her about your concerns during the procedure. She really means it when she says, "You can always ask me any questions". She will give you very thoughtful and comprehensive answers and you will feel so much better.
She was very attentive and thorough with her explanations and procedures. Since it was my first time going through a fertility treatment, I did not know what to expect but she made me feel comfortable and safe throughout the process by making herself always available to answer any questions or concerns I had. It was so clear that she is passionate about her work and she cares about her patients. That made a huge difference.
In spite of the large number of patients they see everyday, all of the nursing staffs treated me like a human, not like a number. They were thorough and compassionate. I absolutely loved them!
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
My primary location was the west side clinic and I was amazed how beautiful the clinic was! Since I had to visit the clinic every morning, it made a big difference. The wait time was also significantly less than the east side location.
NY - Westside
Dr. Blakemore is an excellent provider. She is sweet, personable, and most importantly knowledgeable on academic literature. She also informed me about newer medical procedures that were outside of the scope of her care. She is passionate and thorough in her testing, evaluations, and recommendations...a kind, professional, and compassionate doctor. She always took the time to follow-up via phone or e-mail in a timely manner...never be afraid to ask challenging questions. She is such a patient and knowledgeable provider
A primary strength of the clinic [NYU Langone Fertility Center] is the schedule; the clinic has Saturday and early morning appointments. One weakness is that the phone line is always busy, but that is minor. A new patient should know that clinic is busy but very efficient, and they are great at following up with all their patients and accommodating your schedule...The nursing team was knowledgeable, efficient, and communicated in a timely manner
For any prospective patients of Dr. Blakemore, never be afraid to ask challenging questions. She is such a patient and knowledgeable provider.
Dr. Blakemore is a kind, professional, and compassionate doctor. She always took the time to follow-up via phone or e-mail in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Carol)
The nursing team was knowledgeable, efficient, and communicated in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
A primary strength of the clinic is the schedule; the clinic has Saturday and early morning appointments. One weakness is that the phone line is always busy, but that is minor. A new patient should know that clinic is busy but very efficient, and they are great at following up with all their patients and accommodating your schedule.
I had very little out of pocket cost associated with my care under Dr. Blakemore.
NY - Westside

Dr Blakemore went out of her way for my me and my partner. She was available at ever step of the process, even on her days off or in a different clinic. Dr Blakemore made us feel prepared and confident in our decision to through with the fertility treatment and we both feel extremely fortunate to have her as our doctor and in our corner...Not only is she extremely knowledgeable, she is very kind and takes the time to treat you like a person, understand exactly how you feel, educate you on each step of the way and go out of her way to make you feel comfortable and normal, which is often hard to do during any fertility process
[protocol at NYU Langone Fertility Center] I went off of my birth control for 1 month and then did 12 days of prescribed shots and had the treatment on day 13. Everything was better than expected and the results are through the roof. I will not have to go through another cycle given the success of this one...I trust Dr Blakemore and her decision to work with these nurses at this clinic. Everything was seamless and I see what lead her to NYU Fertility. I'd happily refer my closest friends. No weaknesses to note....
I have referred Dr Blakemore to my best friend! Dr Blakemore went out of her way for my me and my partner. She was available at ever step of the process, even on her days off or in a different clinic. Dr Blakemore made us feel prepared and confident in our decision to through with the fertility treatment and we both feel extremely fortunate to have her as our doctor and in our corner. I couldn't have asked for a more or better experience or outcome. I am sad to not have our daily interactions now that we are done with everything but couldn't be more grateful.
Don't look any further. Dr Blakemore is the absolute best.
Dr Blakemore is the absolute best. Not only is she extremely knowledgeable, she is very kind and takes the time to treat you like a person, understand exactly how you feel, educate you on each step of the way and go out of her way to make you feel comfortable and normal, which is often hard to do during any fertility process. I would not have wanted (and frankly don't think I could have) done this with anyone else by my side.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Insurance covered one round; we covered half of the medications and the genetic testing.