Jennifer Dundee

Burlington
111 Colchester Avenue
Burlington, VT 05401
802-847-1400
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jennifer Dundee to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Vermont Center for Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Dr. Dundee personalized the whole process for me. She made sure everything, from the timeline of retrieval and implantation, to the dosage of medicines, was tailored to my specific needs/profile...Dr. Dundee walked me through everything patiently and thoroughly, from day one. She sat with us in her office and walked through all the potential timelines and explained how our plan may deviate. She was incredibly quick to respond to emails and even gave me her cell to reach out. She was personally invested in our success and made us feel very supported.
How was your experience with Jennifer Dundee at Vermont Center for Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Dundee at Vermont Center for Reproductive Medicine?
She is ready and willing to accommodate to your schedule so you just need to ask and advocate for yourself.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Dundee at Vermont Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Jennifer Dundee used in your cycles at Vermont Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I am undergoing IVF for genetic reasons and do not suffer from infertility. Dr. Dundee placed me on a standard egg retrieval plan with Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) because of our need for genetic testing. I was placed on birth control pills for 3 weeks. I then began 3 weeks of Lupron injections, starting with 20 Units and then decreasing to 10. After 10 days, I began various levels of Gonal F injections for an additional 10 days before my trigger shot and egg retrieval. During my Gonal F injections, Dr. Dundee started me out on a low dose given my lack of fertility issues. She wanted to make sure I didn't hyper-respond to the hormones, which would have put me at higher risk for OHSS. Other than the standard bloating side effects and some bruising/itching at the injection sites on my stomach, I had no issues with my medications. A few months later, we went through a standard process for implantation. I began Lupron with BCP about a month out, then began taking Estrace tablets and applying patches, and then adding in Progesterone almost a week before transfer. I kept up estrogen patches/pills and progesterone shots until 8 weeks of pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Vermont Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kimberly Schafrick)
I cannot recommend Kimberly Schafrick enough. There was one week during my transfer plan when Kimberly was out of the office and I missed her desperately. She has the perfect balance of compassion and coherence in her communciation. What I mean by that is she will tell you exactly what you need to do (timeline, dose, injection site, adding meds) and why you need to do it in a very matter-of-fact and concise way (which is very important when you're talking in needles and units). But then she also takes the time to answer any and all questions you may have as well as remind you what the bigger picture is that you're working towards.
Describe your experience with Vermont Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was clean, organized and efficient. There were always very nice women at the reception desk and every nurse and U/S tech was kind and professional. I could call and speak to someone at any time (business hours) and my nurse or doctor would receive the message and get back to me very quickly. The only weakness I could think of is that the clinic is housed within the big hospital, making it a pain to park, get up to the clinic, etc.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Dundee at Vermont Center for Reproductive Medicine.
$7,000 for retrieval, $2855 for PGD/embryo freezing and storage, $3550 for all medications and subsequent embryo transfer.
Jennifer Dundee