Good

767 Park Avenue W
Highland Park, IL 60035
847-433-4400

2016 - 2019, Unknown Success
There were times I felt like she [ Dr. Hirshfeld-Cytron] was more interested in my partner's fertility chances than my own because my chances of going through a successful egg retrieval were low... However, at a recent appoint in the last 6 months, I felt like she started to "click" with us a bit better and really understood that my wife and I are both going through the fertility treatments as patients who might both conceive and not just a carrier and supporter. We have been seeing Dr. H for nearly 3 years and will stick with her through the remaining pursuit to have a baby.
nursing staff [at Fertility Centers of Illinois] were attentive, responsive and knowledgeable. I felt confident in the information they were providing and knew I would always get a response if I emailed a question... is run very efficiently - this is both a strength and a weakness. The strength part of this is you can get the appointments you need to proceed with your treatments, while also working and living your life. The weakness is that this can sometimes feel like you are just a number they call to perform another procedure. There are also times when things are running behind (30 mins+) and there is no apology/explanation,
How was your experience with Jennifer Hirshfeld-Cytron at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Perhaps my opinion is schewed by the fact that both my wife and have each worked with Dr. Hirshfeld to try to get pregnant, and we have not yet gotten a healthy embryo to implant, but I often felt like I was a lower priority than my wife because my probability of producing healthy eggs was lower. This would manifest in time spent focused on my options during a consultation and how quickly she recommended moving on to only my wife attempting egg retrieval. However, at a recent appoint in the last 6 months, I felt like she started to "click" with us a bit better and really understood that my wife and I are both going through the fertility treatments as patients who might both conceive and not just a carrier and supporter. We have been seeing Dr. H for nearly 3 years and will stick with her through the remaining pursuit to have a baby. Despite some of the concerns I had about her interest in my fertility options (as opposed to my wife's), I trust her judgement and appreciate her compassionate approach to the ups and downs of the last couple of years. She also always took the time to explain the processes in great detail, in terms we could understand, was honest about the percentages of success for most procedures and took the time to answer questions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Hirshfeld-Cytron at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Make sure she understands your family dynamic and that you ask questions if you feel unsure that all options have been explored or offered.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Hirshfeld-Cytron at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
There were times I felt like she was more interested in my partner's fertility chances than my own because my chances of going through a successful egg retrieval were low.
Describe the protocols Jennifer Hirshfeld-Cytron used in your cycles at Fertility Centers of Illinois and their degree of success.
I started an egg retrieval cycle following standard diagnostic tests and consultation. IUI was not an option because of a blocked tube. My bloodwork and ultrasounds revealed that my estrogen levels were very low and only 1 follicle per ovary reacted to the drugs. Per this info, Dr. H said we could not go through with the egg retrieval. We are now working to use an egg donor, and I have completed a new round of ultrasounds and bloodwork to prep for this process. I am now on birth control pills to regulate my cycle while determine the egg donor and associated paperwork.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Marni)
Marni and Dr. H's nursing staff were attentive, responsive and knowledgeable. I felt confident in the information they were providing and knew I would always get a response if I emailed a question.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
FCI is run very efficiently - this is both a strength and a weakness. The strength part of this is you can get the appointments you need to proceed with your treatments, while also working and living your life. The weakness is that this can sometimes feel like you are just a number they call to perform another procedure. There are also times when things are running behind (30 mins+) and there is no apology/explanation, or even acknowledgement that they are running behind. Efficient, but not always personal. However, when you need to go for an ultrasound and blood work each morning of a week, and you can get the appointment you need before work and are in and out in 30 minutes, generally you can count on FCI to make it happen. I also find that the nurses and office staff to do acknowledge any person accompanying a patient for treatment. In my case, my wife would be with me for many appointments (or I would go with my wife for appointments), and as the nurse or office staff would call your name to go to the procedure - they would never acknowledge or greet the non-patient. I find this odd, since in many, if not most scenarios, the non-patient is likely a partner or spouse, who feel every bit as much patient as the actual patient through this process.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Hirshfeld-Cytron at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
We are lucky that we have insurance that covers some of the costs associated with fertility, but only to a point and for so many attempts. I feel that the cost most glaring was tied to the storage of sperm and/or embryos. That was a significant cost for us during this process and it is not covered by insurance. This is especially difficult to get a large bill like that following an egg retrieval that results in abnormal embryos that need to be destroyed (or used in research). Long-term storage of embryos or sperm seems reasonable, but short-term storage while viability is determined seems unfair.
Describe Jennifer Hirshfeld-Cytron's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
No comments as it is not relevant to my treatment to date.
Chicago/River North

If you are looking for a no-nonsense, fact based experience that gets results and don't need someone who is warm and fuzzy to deliver the good and bad news, Dr. Hirshfeld is a good option...I had diminished ovarian reserve and my husband had some motility issues. Dr. Hirshfeld prescribed some vitamins including Vitamin D and CoQ10 for each of us...I believe that Dr. Hirshfeld is well informed and I trusted her care. I wouldn't characterize her as a "warm" person, but rather she is straight to the point which for me was totally fine. I appreciated her direct answers, but I could see how some other women might need a warmer experience especially during such a trying moment in their lives.
She [nurse at Fertility Center of Illinois] spent as much time on the phone as I needed explaining in fine detail all of the next steps so that I could prepare my schedule and make sure we did everything correctly...The office has some issues. They felt unorganized and honestly is the reason I'm taking the time to write this review...we had a few issues with getting appointments set via the scheduler (Frank?) and also had an issue getting our final documents transferred to our midwives office when the time came.
There is a slight "cattle being ushered through the field" feeling here. When we first came to FCI, I decided I didn't want to overwhelm myself with information from the internet and came to our first meeting(s) with no questions and an open mind. After some time, we felt like we were only being given the amount of information we needed at the moment, and after consulting with some other friends who had been through this process, we decided that we needed to be more pushy and advocate for ourselves harder. That resulted in a well planned out off-scheduled meeting with the doctor that was actually very helpful.
I had diminished ovarian reserve and my husband had some motility issues. Dr. Hirshfeld prescribed some vitamins including Vitamin D and CoQ10 for each of us. I was prescribed Letrozole for 5 days, then after an ultrasound confirming I had a viable follicle I used the Ovidrel trigger shot and then took Prometrium every evening following. We had one unsuccessful IUI, but we got pregnant on the second try. I used Prometrium every evening until I was 9 weeks. I am now 16 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Christina)
I was very happy to be under Christina's care. Our first week we were with someone named Marny who was not very organized and was not a good communicator. When Christina took over we were relieved. She spent as much time on the phone as I needed explaining in fine detail all of the next steps so that I could prepare my schedule and make sure we did everything correctly.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
This clinic seems somewhat unorganized. My nurse was really helpful in moving things along, but we had a few issues with getting appointments set via the scheduler (Frank?) and also had an issue getting our final documents transferred to our midwives office when the time came.
My insurance is pretty good so much of my costs were covered. I think I only paid for the ultrasounds and the prescriptions. All in all, with two rounds of IUI I think we spent around $500. After the first unsuccessful IUI I did more research on IVF and that would have been considerably more, in the range of $5K-$8K, due mostly to the prescription drugs.

2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
I do feel like Dr. Hirshfeld tries her best to personalize the treatments spend time explaining the processes during our consultations...she did her best to answer all questions I had. My wife however felt as though she didn't really give us personalized attention and that perhaps she didn't have great attention to detail when dealing with us. For these reasons, we almost switched doctors, but ultimately decided to stay with Dr. Hirshfeld because of her nurses and the daunting thought of starting over with another doctor.
[The nurses at Fertility Centers of Illinois were] Very good with answering emails in a timely manner. If she didnt know the answer to a question, she would find the answer for us. She was compassionate, kind, and genuine...FCI is like a baby making factory. It is very easy to feel like just a number there. If you want or need early morning appointments you will be happy here. However if you need afternoon or evening appointments this is not the place for you.
Dr. Hirshfeld-Cytron is very knowledgeable and also very kind hearted. During consultations, she was very good about explaining things thoroughly and giving the reasoning behind the course of treatment she was suggesting. She always made sure to ask if I had any questions before I left her office. And she did her best to answer all questions I had. My wife however felt as though she didn't really give us personalized attention and that perhaps she didn't have great attention to detail when dealing with us. For these reasons, we almost switched doctors, but ultimately decided to stay with Dr. Hirshfeld because of her nurses and the daunting thought of starting over with another doctor.
Make sure you let her know what you feel you need from her as your doctor.
It is difficult not to feel like a number while going through treatments at FCI. But I do feel like Dr. Hirshfeld tries her best to personalize the treatments spend time explaining the processes during our consultations.
I went through two IUI cycles because I did not have a problem producing my own eggs. Neither resulted in pregnancy so Dr. Hirshfeld suggested moving to IVF because of my age and the increased success rate with IVF. I took clomid, follistim, and a nu.ber of other drugs I cannot recall right now. I also took some supplements and tried acupuncture treatments. After the first two cycles were unsuccessful, she tweaked the treatment a bit. I believe I did testosterone patches and estrogen patches with the third cycle. This cycle was most unsuccessful. I did not have any embryos viable for PGD testing. So she tweaked treatment again for the fourth cycle. But unfortunately no chromosomally normal embryos to implant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Marni Z.)
Marni was amazing. Very good with answering emails in a timely manner. If she didnt know the answer to a question, she would find the answer for us. She was compassionate, kind, and genuine.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I have blue cross blue shield pop insurance and it was still very, very costly do go through this process. Forty dollar co-pays for ever appointment which was 3-4 times per week at some points in the process.
No comment on this as I was never able to get to the implantation phase.
Chicago/River North

We definitely had some communication issues. It wasn't that she [Dr. Jennifer Hirshfeld-Cryton] didn't communicate with me - more that I felt I never got any real answers. Her responses to me always felt very textbook, like she was reading a script, and simply repeated the same information to me over and over again without really addressing my questions. I was also completely misdiagnosed. She diagnosed me with PCOS and told me this diagnosis was based on elevated testosterone levels and anovulation/irregular cycles.
It [FCI] seems fine, they have good success rates. Sometimes there are longer wait times before your appointment, but that doesn't really bother me as my work schedule is flexible. Most of the staff is friendly and helpful over the phone. They have an online portal where they (should) post all of your test results and ultrasound reports. There is some inconsistency in it's use, but when results are posted it's great to have that detail.
We definitely had some communication issues. It wasn't that she didn't communicate with me - more that I felt I never got any real answers. Her responses to me always felt very textbook, like she was reading a script, and simply repeated the same information to me over and over again without really addressing my questions. I was also completely misdiagnosed. She diagnosed me with PCOS and told me this diagnosis was based on elevated testosterone levels and anovulation/irregular cycles. I had one natural pregnancy after my PCOS diagnosis but prior to starting clomid, which resulted in a missed miscarriage - but I knew I could get pregnant. After our 5th failed medicated IUI, I asked for all of my lab work so that I could go for a second and third opinion. At this time she finally suggested a slightly different protocol, stating it was due to my DHEAS levels. I was under her care for 9 months in total before I ever heard anything about DHEAS levels. When I went for my second and third opinions, both doctors agreed traditionally PCOS was a misleading diagnosis - Adrenal PCOS was more likely. My biggest problem was she didn't look at or address any of this until I basically yelled and was visibly frustrated during one of our consults. PCOS is an easy diagnosis to give someone who has irregular cycles - I don't feel she did her due diligence in reviewing my specific case or results. After our 4th failed IUI I asked if it was possible there was some sort of scarring or issue as a result of my previous D&C. I had done a saline ultrasound prior to my pregnancy during our initial testing/workup. I asked if maybe we should repeat that test, or if there was anything else to check for scar tissue or issues with my uterus. We did a repeat saline ultrasound and everything looked fine. My second doctor, without me even asking, immediately suggested a hysteroscopy to check for scarring from the D&C as well as investigate whether there may be a cause for my thinner lining. I had the hysteroscopy done and no scarring was found, but I did have a polyp removed. I'll always wonder whether that could have impacted our IUI cycles, and if I could have been pregnant 6 months sooner without resorting to IVF. We are currently undergoing IVF with my second doctor.
Be aggressive. You have to be your own advocate. Do your research, and stand up for yourself.
She didn't customize treatment towards me as an individual until after the 5th failed medicated IUI cycle when I was really upset and vocal about how upset I was. I was also misdiagnosed with elevated testosterone - when in fact it was my DHEAS levels which were elevated, and therefore I could have been treated under entirely different protocol.
We did 3 months of clomid with IUI. I responded to the lowest dose of clomid each cycle with at least one dominant follicle. The 3rd cycle I had 2 dominant follicles. My husband's numbers were always good. My lining was on the thin side during each of these cycles - around 5-6 mm at time of trigger. We then did 3 months of Letrozole, which were a bit of a disaster. Dr. Hirshfeld said if clomid doesn't work in the first 3 tries we should try something else. My first round of letrozole I started on the lowest does and my follicle growth stalled around cycle day 15. Thankfully, rather than cancelling the cycle, she upped my dose - so I took 2 rounds of Letrozole during one cycle. I eventually had a dominant follicle and ovulated. The second round of Letrozole we started with a slightly higher dose, but the same exact thing happened again. That was my 5th failed medicated IUI. For the 6th (after I threw a fit) she added 2 mg dexamethosone with the highest dose of letrozole (I believe it was 7 mg). On CD 10 I had a big fat 20 mm follicle, but my estrogen was only at 70. I was told to trigger. That was my 6th failed medicated IUI. I switched to a new doctor, and moved to IVF. My husband and I felt exhausted, frustrated, defeated, and were sick and tired of wasting time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Jessica)
Jessica was great, her and I got along very well. There was one cycle where she gave me the wrong date for my IUI. We only realized it because I called with a completely unrelated question and someone looked at my chart and appointment schedule.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
This is the only fertility clinic I've worked with, so I don't have anything to compare to. It seems fine, they have good success rates. Sometimes there are longer wait times before your appointment, but that doesn't really bother me as my work schedule is flexible. Most of the staff is friendly and helpful over the phone. They have an online portal where they (should) post all of your test results and ultrasound reports. There is some inconsistency in it's use, but when results are posted it's great to have that detail.
I did have insurance coverage for all of my treatment. I believe without insurance, each ultrasound would have been something like $300.
Chicago/River North

She [Dr. Hirshfeld-Cytron] seems somewhat shy and uncomfortable talking to actual people and does so in a hunched over manner...There was no mention of supplements other than vitamin d and prenatal- and I specifically asked for information but was blown off. Found out later they do have a standard vitamin cocktail recommendation they include in ivf welcome folder but it was missing from mine.
Was barely ever dealing with the same nurse twice [at Fertility Centers of Illinois]. Felt rushed in her office. This place has at least 4 different waiting rooms it’s so big. My protocol seemed to be exactly like everyone else’s that I met, no matter out situation. I mentioned numerous times that my insurance covered only one cycle and this was my only shot at it. When I went for the follow up and she started talking about trial and error and the next protocol she’d try I reminded her I no longer had insurance coverage and she said “oh, I didn’t realize that.”
She seems somewhat shy and uncomfortable talking to actual people and does so in a hunched over manner. I saw her for the initial consultation, saline sonogram, polypectomy, and then not again until after my negative beta. My original plan - based on her advice and estimates for success - was to do genetic screening and frozen transfer. When they only retrieved and two fertilized it took me stopping he process and asking whether it was better to transfer both now rather than risk losing them in screening process. Then they changed course but (after multiple pleading phone calls) still wouldn’t let me speak with a doctor. As a single person going through this it is very difficult to have no one to discuss options with- including your doctor. Ultimately did 3dau fresh transferand wasnt able to speak with a doctor about how many to transfer. Had my legs in the stirrups already and dying to urinate (they require full bladder for transfer) before I was finally able to talk to some young girl- no clue what her name or role was- about whether I should transfer 1 or 2
Find another clinic entirely
Was barely ever dealing with the same nurse twice. Felt rushed in her office. This place has at least 4 different waiting rooms it’s so big. My protocol seemed to be exactly like everyone else’s that I met, no matter out situation. I mentioned numerous times that my insurance covered only one cycle and this was my only shot at it. When I went for the follow up and she started talking about trial and error and the next protocol she’d try I reminded her I no longer had insurance coverage and she said “oh, I didn’t realize that.” Then she added more meds to the suggested protocol based on the fact I didn’t have endless free tries at this. FCI treats Illinois’ insurance mandate law like an atm machine. She made me feel super confident on my chances based on follicles count and hormone levels in “normal range” and “where they’d like to see them.” Only after did they say - “well, we meant normal for your age”
There was no mention of supplements other than vitamin d and prenatal- and I specifically asked for information but was blown off. Found out later they do have a standard vitamin cocktail recommendation they include in ivf welcome folder but it was missing from mine. Was on 150 of Menopur daily plus 300 of gonal-f. Added cetrotide on appropriate days and then triggered with pregnyll. Only the day before trigger did they up dosage, then called me at work on trigger day to say take more final-f asap so I had to leave work unexpectedly midday in order to do so. Was on 2- .1 mg estrogen patches every two days and PIO 1 ml from the day they decided switch to fresh transfer. Had to scramble to get PIO and estrogen in time because hadn’t planned to do transfer yet and insurance company (Progyny) recommended writing to order until I needed it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: 2 part time people - Jessica and Marnie)
Super nice but they would only give you the information you needed that day. Each communicated in a different way. I have 4 differed Word versions of calendars. They have a new software system to deliver treatment plan and lab results and no one used it beyond initial baseline blood work
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Best thing about it is close proximity to where I live. Otherwise it feels like a factory and they treat your body like a science experiment. The single women support group is nice but the psychologist on staff is terrible.
I don’t remember
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I have already given you this information.

2016 - 2019, 8 Eggs Frozen
She [Dr. Hirschfeld-Cytron] is a compassionate provider. She tries to meet you where you are and provide a good experience. I would recommend her to others. She takes time to listen and is available for questions. During a very stressful time, she was a good resource for me ... Go into the visit prepared with your questions. Do research on your own about your options prior to meeting with your provider.
You definitely feel like a number at this clinic [Fertility Centers of Illinois]. They have good statistics and a decent reputation, but it is not personalized care. Make sure you have a good support structure and seek out alternative options on your own outside the clinic ... They did not coordinate insurance well and misrepresented my information. ... They [nurses] were kind but it always felt as if I were bothering them when I had questions.
She is a compassionate provider. She tries to meet you where you are and provide a good experience. I would recommend her to others. She takes time to listen and is available for questions. During a very stressful time, she was a good resource for me
Go into the visit prepared with your questions. Do research on your own about your options prior to meeting with your provider. Make sure you know what your insurance will cover and find out if they have support groups.
Large clinic and seeing multiple providers
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
They were kind but it always felt as if I were bothering them when I had questions.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
You definitely feel like a number at this clinic. They have good statistics and a decent reputation, but it is not personalized care. Make sure you have a good support structure and seek out alternative options on your own outside the clinic
The costs were mostly covered by my insurance, but then they stopped paying due to a change in my plan. Storage of eggs is expensive.
No comment
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
They did not coordinate insurance well and misrepresented my information.
Chicago/River North
all i was told [by Dr. Jennifer E. Hirshfeld-Cytron] at the beginning was to take some vitamins...The doctor in not very available all the time all the communication is with the nurses...the doctors is not the most empathetic, i think she has so many patient that its like a baby factory to her. She is always in a rush to get you out of the office she is some what cold. She did give me the facts out cold...
there is always a lot of patients every day, the clinic [Fertility Centers of Illinois] is a very fast pace i think that they forgot that there helping people build a family. Everything in the clinic is very standardized its all like taking a number...[the nurse] she was great most of my questions were directed to her...all i was told at the beginning was to take some vitamins...the doctors [Dr. Jennifer E. Hirshfeld-Cytron] is not the most empathetic, i think she has so many patient that its like a baby factory to her. She is always in a rush to get you out of the office she is some what cold. She did give me the facts out cold
be patient and have questions at the beginning
all i was told at the beginning was to take some vitamins
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Jessica Gutow)
she was great most of my questions were directed to her.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
there is always a lot of patients every day, the clinic is a very fast pace i think that they forgot that there helping people build a family. Everything in the clinic is very standardized its all like taking a number.
i have insurgence but i have a copay of $50 every visit, some times 3 to 4 visits a week

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
She [Dr Jennifer Hirshfeld-Cytron] is very clinical and intelligent. Do not go to see her if you are looking for warm and fuzzy, she will be caring but in a matter of fact straightforward manner. And will not give hope, just statistics...I definitely felt rushed there [at FCI in Tinley Park], like they want to get you in and out quickly. But they did definitely personalize the treatment
I definitely felt rushed there [at FCI in Tinley Park], like they want to get you in and out quickly. But they did definitely personalize the treatment...Amy did not show as much compassion and time as Michelle. Michelle will take time to listen to your concerns and showed genuine care....She [Dr Jennifer Hirshfeld-Cytron] is very clinical and intelligent. Do not go to see her if you are looking for warm and fuzzy, she will be caring but in a matter of fact straightforward manner. And will not give hope, just statistics.
She is very clinical and intelligent. Do not go to see her if you are looking for warm and fuzzy, she will be caring but in a matter of fact straightforward manner. And will not give hope, just statistics.
Do not expect a lot of emotional coaching.
I definitely felt rushed there, like they want to get you in and out quickly. But they did definitely personalize the treatment
Only transfering one embryo due to a bicornuate uterus. Going straight to IVF because of PCOS and bicornuate uterus.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
They do personalize the treatment however it does have a very get in get out feeling. Revolving door of patients.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
They had convenient hours before work
BlueCross covered quite a bit but it was still expensive for the average person. And freezing embryos cost $1,200. Not covered by insurance.

2014, Consult
She [Dr. Hirshfeld-Cytron] is obviously well trained and cares for her patients bit it seemed she was almost too busy to deal with me. She seemed distracted which made me feel not so great when I was already feeling down about the situation...I was told to keep trying naturally and hopefully that will work. I told her that 16 months of trying and no luck I'd like to go further into why this is happening.
I was rushed by the staff every appointment I had [at Fertility Centers of Illinois]. I would have wanted more time spent and honestly a little more eye contact would have helped...The nurses seemed great. They were always in a rush which is not what you want when dealing with such a delicate situation...They had good organization but they were always over booked. Long waits, rushing through appointments. They were always nice to me and my husband.
She is obviously well trained and cares for her patients bit it seemed she was almost too busy to deal with me. She seemed distracted which made me feel not so great when I was already feeling down about the situation.
Have questions ready. It is easy to feel rushed and forget you wanted to ask something.
I was rushed by the staff every appointment I had. I would have wanted more time spent and honestly a little more eye contact would have helped.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
They had good organization but they were always over booked. Long waits, rushing through appointments. They were always nice to me and my husband. I would still suggest going there as any help with trying to conceive is welcome.
Tinley Park

She [Dr. Jennifer Hirshfeld-Cytron] performed an ultrasound to check for blocked tubes and once she found a blockage she referred me to a surgeon...Not super friendly...She is very knowledgeable and I didn’t feel rushed in her office and she always took the time to answer my questions. She wasn’t very warm or overly friendly. I felt like she knew what she was doing but she misdiagnosed my case.
Short wait time every time I came in [to Fertility Centers of Illinois]. Easy to make an appointment. The receptionist was very helpful with insurance information and explaining my benefits and what I would pay for services. The phlebotomist was great...Amy [nurse] was very organized and very friendly. She was easy to talk to and easy to get ahold of when I called the office. She explained everything in detail and went over all of the paperwork I was getting sent home with very thoroughly.
None
Not super friendly
She performed an ultrasound to check for blocked tubes and once she found a blockage she referred me to a surgeon
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Amy)
Amy was very organized and very friendly. She was easy to talk to and easy to get ahold of when I called the office. She explained everything in detail and went over all of the paperwork I was getting sent home with very thoroughly.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Short wait time every time I came in. Easy to make an appointment. The receptionist was very helpful with insurance information and explaining my benefits and what I would pay for services. The phlebotomist was great.
I had already met my deductible for the year and my max out of pocket so seeing her and all procedures were free to me.
None
Tinley Park
I thought she [Dr. Jennifer E. Hirshfeld-Cytron] was nice, but felt like after treatment was started, she just passed me on. I only met with her a couple times. My options were limited. At times, I felt it was more about the money. I hope it was just my situation that is why I felt this way. ... I had IUI’s with injections . ... Fight for what you want and stay strong.
I felt that they [Fertility Centers of Illinois - Tinley Park] were more concerned with collecting my fee than showing compassion. They actually put me in collections even though I was making payments and was almost paid off. The woman from billing was very rude and condescending. ... [nurse] She was very kind and helpful. ... [cost of treatment] 5,000
I thought she was nice, but felt like after treatment was started, she just passed me on. I only met with her a couple times. My options were limited. At times, I felt it was more about the money. I hope it was just my situation that is why I felt this way.
Fight for what you want and stay strong.
It was an okay experience.
I had IUI’s with injections .
She was very kind and helpful.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I felt that they were more concerned with collecting my fee than showing compassion. They actually put me in collections even though I was making payments and was almost paid off. The woman from billing was very rude and condescending.