Good

Highland Park
767 Park Avenue W
Highland Park, IL 60035
847-433-4400

She [Dr. Hirshfeld-Cytron] took the time to explain what our plan was going to be as far as treatments, what tests we had to get done first before starting anything. ... If we had any questions she didn't rush us to get out of her office. ... She also went over the pros and cons of IUI versus IVF, especially since I have PCOS. ... Our plan is to try IUI, so the doctor discussed what that looks like, the medication I would be taking, and how many cycles I would be taking the medication (along with blood work and ultrasound).
I was going to have a hysteroscopy and the doctor had me on the birth control pill for a couple of weeks, but the nurse never told me to stop taking it by a certain day and to restart the pill, which could've resulted in me getting my period and having my procedure cancelled. ... so far their front desk [Fertility Centers of Illinois] is warm and friendly, the waiting room is clean and organized. The ultrasound techs are nice and patient. When you're going to checkout, if you have any questions they're very patient to help you out.
How was your experience with Jennifer Hirshfeld-Cytron at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
It's too soon to tell, but so far she's been very informative. If we had any questions she didn't rush us to get out of her office. She went over our treatment plan and explained what we had to do and made sure that this was something we wanted to do.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Hirshfeld-Cytron at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Have all your questions ready and write down as much information as possible because so much is thrown at you and as soon as you walk out the building you're bound to forget what was discussed.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Hirshfeld-Cytron at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
She took the time to explain what our plan was going to be as far as treatments, what tests we had to get done first before starting anything.
Describe the protocols Jennifer Hirshfeld-Cytron used in your cycles at Fertility Centers of Illinois and their degree of success.
Our plan is to try IUI, so the doctor discussed what that looks like, the medication I would be taking, and how many cycles I would be taking the medication (along with blood work and ultrasound). She also went over the pros and cons of IUI versus IVF, especially since I have PCOS.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I have 2 nurses who call with tests results and any instruction for the medication I'm to start taking. There is one nurse who is very patient and thorough with the information she is giving me, and she is the only one I ask for when I call the office with questions. The other nurse seems a little bothered when I ask her to repeat something or if I have questions, plus she gave the wrong information for one medication I was on that was for a procedure I was getting done.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I've only been at this location for maybe 3-4 months, but so far their front desk is warm and friendly, the waiting room is clean and organized. The ultrasound techs are nice and patient. When you're going to checkout, if you have any questions they're very patient to help you out.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Chicago/River North

As of date she [Dr. Jennifer Hirshfeld-Cytron] has been very open about the process. She is able to explain the process in our terms to understand. We never felt rushed or left with unanswered questions. She even personally called to address questions we had sent to our nurse. She makes you feel important and not just a number...I believe our process to be somewhat basic as I responded well to the stimulation medications. I am a translocation carrier so our process was to get as much embryos as we can to day 5 so we can send out to genetic testing.
[Fertility Centers of Illinois is] such a calm place. The staff is friendly and very efficient in getting you on time for your appointment. It’s hard to navigate which waiting room you need to go in as there is like 3 different ones. A little direction on the walls would be helpful so we don’t feel so lost. The front bathroom is always busy and not so clean... She [nurse] is always available and quick to respond to the smallest question. The patience and care were so genuine that you felt like you were family. She truly is keeping this process going and always keeping me informed.
As of date she has been very open about the process. She is able to explain the process in our terms to understand. We never felt rushed or left with unanswered questions. She even personally called to address questions we had sent to our nurse. She makes you feel important and not just a number.
She gives you time and doesn’t rush you until you have asked and received everything you need going forward.
She has the patience to listen and is not in a hurry to rush you out the door. She makes you feel she has time for you and remembers you and your situation. She is compassionate but very fair in her expectations so that we know the positives and negatives for each situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Marni Zelikow )
Without her, this process would never be able to be executed so smoothly. She is always available and quick to respond to the smallest question. The patience and care were so genuine that you felt like you were family. She truly is keeping this process going and always keeping me informed.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I went to FCI River North but my doctor wasn’t listed in initially starting this review. Everyone at river north is amazing. It’s such a calm place. The staff is friendly and very efficient in getting you on time for your appointment. It’s hard to navigate which waiting room you need to go in as there is like 3 different ones. A little direction on the walls would be helpful so we don’t feel so lost. The front bathroom is always busy and not so clean.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Hirshfeld-Cytron at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
It’s still ongoing but we have some insurance to help but have some responsibilities ourselves. Right now we sit at out of pocket over $10k
Tinley Park

She's [Dr. Jennifer E. Hirshfeld-Cytron] very candid with the direction she thinks treatment should go. A couple of times I had questions about why we were doing something a particular way, and I've asked if treatment could be adjusted. She's always been open to discussing alternatives, and has been ok with adjusting treatment if it's reasonable. She's a bit blunt (but that's what I prefer), and I get the sense that strong feelings make her uncomfortable. But she was always kind and never made me feel badly for having them.
You don't get to speak directly to the doctor often, as there are a lot of patients at this clinic [FCI]. But my experience has been that they are good at getting messages to and from the doctor through the nurse. Her nurse Marni is excellent with communication, and quickly gets my questions to the doctor and the answers back to me.... It's a giant place. I like that about it because I know that if I make my monitoring appointments by x time I'll get to work when I need to. Some may feel like a number, but I prefer getting in and out and on to my life.
She's very candid with the direction she thinks treatment should go. A couple of times I had questions about why we were doing something a particular way, and I've asked if treatment could be adjusted. She's always been open to discussing alternatives, and has been ok with adjusting treatment if it's reasonable. She's a bit blunt (but that's what I prefer), and I get the sense that strong feelings make her uncomfortable. But she was always kind and never made me feel badly for having them.
Make use of the nurses! She sees a lot of patients, but I'm still satisfied with the level of communication because it's easy to get through to the nurse and get my questions answered quickly.
You don't get to speak directly to the doctor often, as there are a lot of patients at this clinic. But my experience has been that they are good at getting messages to and from the doctor through the nurse. Her nurse Marni is excellent with communication, and quickly gets my questions to the doctor and the answers back to me.
So far, IUI with 50mg Clomid. These did not result in a pregnancy, but when my lining was thin she was good about adjusting. I did have good response with the Clomid, so there was no need to change that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Marni)
Marni is awesome. She's available via email or phone, and she always calls/emails back quickly. She's enthusiastic and gets my questions to and from the doctor quickly and accurately.
Chicago/River North

Dr. Hirshfeld-Cytron was helpful during the IVF process. We didn't see her very often so I formed more of a relationship with the nurses and ultrasound tech, but she made herself available whenever needed...In order to even begin myself and my husband were required to have bloodwork done. My husband also had a sperm analysis and I had a HSG. All of which came back clear. From there we went on to try 3 medicated IUI's and finally we went through an IVF cycle. We transferred two embryo's during that cycle and were successful in becoming pregnant with our son Blake, but at 19 weeks I went into pre-term labor we lost our dear son.
[FCI Nurse] Michelle was incredible. She was compassionate but full of information. Michelle showed me such kindness through the whole process, and now that we are considering it again I know she will be just as helpful and compassionate...It was 11,500 for the total IVF procedure, plus the cost of medicine. I also had the cost of the initial consult with the doctor, the HSG cost, and all 3 IUI's, but I don't recall the cost of each of these items.
Have patience.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Having access to a satellite office was rather helpful since it wasn't always easy to get into the city of Chicago for appointments. This clinic works like a well oiled machine, yet they show compassion, understanding and kindness to patients.

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Jennifer Hirshfeld-Cytron] was very nonchalant although she was personable I felt like she could’ve gave me more information from the beginning. I wasn’t aware that I have low AMH Or poor egg quality until my last failed cycle...She treated me like a human she was very personable although she was blunt...To make sure you study and know your own body
Nurse Michelle [at Fertility Centers of Illinois] was a very positive and have A great attitude as well as energy...I would have to pay out-of-pocket for a fresh or frozen transfer and that cost is $3500 not including any meds , Labs or ultrasounds...I think the clinic overall is very good when you come in as long as you’re on time for your appointment you’ll be seen within five minutes of sitting down. The front desk if friendly most of the time .
She was very nonchalant although she was personable I felt like she could’ve gave me more information from the beginning. I wasn’t aware that I have low AMH Or poor egg quality until my last failed cycle.
To make sure you study and know your own body
She treated me like a human she was very personable although she was blunt
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Michelle )
Nurse Michelle was a very positive and have A great attitude as well as energy
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I pay $25 copay I have insurance which covered most of the calls if not all of the calls I have only pay out of pocket $175 into years I have received one with Retrieval and to transfer one being fresh and the other being frozen. I now have one retrieval left. I would have to pay out-of-pocket for a fresh or frozen transfer and that cost is $3500 not including any meds , Labs or ultrasounds.
Tinley Park
She [Dr. Hirshfeld-Cytron] was hard to get a hold of. When we were able to have a meeting or phone conference with her she was very thorough in explaining things. She would never make us feel as if our questions were dumb and would always make sure before we left that she answered all of our questions. ... Since you don’t see the doctor to often it is a little overwhelming when you finally do see her.
FCI sees so many patients. When I would call to ask the doctor a question they only ever let us talk with a nurse. The nurses were very nice and knowledgeable but some things you want to ask a doctor, and almost never being able to talk to them or get a meeting with them made it feel impersonal. The nurses and receptionists did remember my name though which did make us feel more like a human rather than a number. When we had to go to the river north location for a Saturday visit that clinic is so big I’d did make us feel like just numbers. There were always a ton of patients and when they call people back they call an entire group.
She was hard to get a hold of. When we were able to have a meeting or phone conference with her she was very thorough in explaining things. She would never make us feel as if our questions were dumb and would always make sure before we left that she answered all of our questions.
Meeting with the doctor is few and far between. When you do have a meeting actually write down any and every question you have or topic you want to talk about. Since you don’t see the doctor to often it is a little overwhelming when you finally do see her.
2016, Unknown Success
Only saw the doctor [Dr. Jennifer Hirshfeld-Cytron] during the initial and end of treatment. She was nice and provided the information in a very tactical manner...She was a nice doctor; and very upfront about my specific treatment....Expect a very factual encounter...Overall it was an okay experience considering the circumstances. Most of the communication and treatment plan came from the nurses.....
The receptionist [at FCI - Tinley Park] was awesome (Rita) and so was the phlebotomist (Allison). Overall, I didn't wait long to see the doctors, phlebotomist or nurses; they ran like a well oiled machine...Most of the communication and treatment plan came from the nurses...She [the nurse] knows her stuff, but can take it for grant that patients know what she is referring too. She was very compassionate during my second treatment. Overall, really good nurse!
Overall it was an okay experience considering the circumstances. Most of the communication and treatment plan came from the nurses. Only saw the doctor during the initial and end of treatment. She was nice and provided the information in a very tactical manner.
Expect a very factual encounter.
She was a nice doctor; and very upfront about my specific treatment.
Don't remember. Second cycle micro-dose lupron
She knows her stuff, but can take it for grant that patients know what she is referring too. She was very compassionate during my second treatment. Overall, really good nurse!
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
The receptionist was awesome (Rita) and so was the phlebotomist (Allison). Overall, I didn't wait long to see the doctors, phlebotomist or nurses; they ran like a well oiled machine. I did overhear a nurse one time, telling the receptionist not put a patient to voicemail; it was a little off putting.
Around $10,000 for a complete cycle
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I don't remember the specifics.