6.3

Jennifer Eaton works at

5704 Fayetteville Road
Durham, NC 27713
919-572-4673

Dr Eaton has good intentions when we met with her. Her blunt delivery can come off as she is not taking your feelings and concerns into consideration and that her option is your only option but her honesty is what you are looking for in a provider. If I had to mention one area for her to improve in is her approach and display of compassion and hopefullness toward her patients. Infertility is a very sensitive subject matter and no woman or man wants to hear there is an issue with them as to why they are unable to achieve their goal of starting a family.
Nurse Kimberly [at Duke Fertility Center] is truly AMAZING! She always answered all of my many questions, walked us through the medication protocol, even if we were unsure about anything for us to reach out to her and she always responded in a timely fashion and even now assisting us with information needed to apply to funding for IVF our treatment, she has provided us with a detailed letter that covered all bases.
How was your experience with Jennifer Eaton at Duke Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Eaton at Duke Fertility Center?
She is not for the faint of heart. If you don't want the hard truth, with no chaser then she may not be the provider for you. Her demeanor and can be off-putting but she does have you and your care in her best interest.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Eaton at Duke Fertility Center?
My initial treatment and care was done with Duke under the care of William Hurd in 2015; an awesome, caring, attentive, hopeful, in-tuned, proactive and understanding human who's mission was to help my husband and I start our family we so deeply wanted. He ran several test including surgery in 2015 to make sure I was in proper working order. With the 2 thumbs up everything looked great we just needed to get me ovulating. He started me on Clomid and said that he wanted me to let him know when we were ready to start. At the time of care we were TOTALY unaware of any male factor that would end up being the soul main factor of our infertility. My husband started experiencing some health issues which put a hold on starting our family. It was late 2017 early 2018 when we received notice from Duke that Dr. Hurd would be retiring and no longer practicing with Duke. Needless to say we were heart broken. In late 2017, my husband was diagnosed with stage 4 kidney failure, a brain tumor and varicocele. Talk about a triple whammy!!! So now with this news, we would have to start back over with a new plan of action and provider. We started our consult with Jennifer Eaton late 2019 in hopes of starting our family on the same plan as with Dr. Hurd. Dr. Eaton was not sure of the results of my surgery, so she wanted to repeat the procedure. On top of the now male infertility factors, she stated that IVF would be our only option. We still wanted to try IUI to see if we would be successful but unfortunately we were not. She did advised me prior to surgery in order to increase our chances of a successful IVF I would need to have my blocked tube removed to decrease my chances of miscarriage or a failed cycle. I was not comfortable with redoing the surgery but after getting a second opinion on my surgery pictures from 2015 I was also advise to have the procedure repeated. In Jan 2020 I was diagnosed with a blocked left tube and had it removed by Dr Eaton. Dr Eaton now feels comfortable that we would have a better success rate with IVF when we are ready to move forward. Although this is not how my husband and I envisioned starting our family we know that Dr Eaton has our best interest at heart and she wants to help us achieve our goal of starting our family. We can't wait start our first IVF cycle!!!
Describe the protocols Jennifer Eaton used in your cycles at Duke Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We attempted one round of IUI. She had me to take Clomid, Menopur and Ovidrel. She did advise these medication would be similar to an IVF cycle. I had a great response to the medication cycle so she thinks We should do well with IVF medications.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Duke Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kimberly B)
Nurse Kimberly is truly AMAZING! She always answered all of my many questions, walked us through the medication protocol, even if we were unsure about anything for us to reach out to her and she always responded in a timely fashion and even now assisting us with information needed to apply to funding for IVF our treatment, she has provided us with a detailed letter that covered all bases. Duke fertility has a true Gem in Kimberly
Describe your experience with Duke Fertility Center.
Over all, the staff and nurses are great! There is nothing bad or negative that i could say or what could be improved. Everyone is caring, compassionate, and are willing to share their story and offer hugs when needed. I love everything about Duke Fertility!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Eaton at Duke Fertility Center.
For IUI we had to pay our of pocket about $550 and for medication about $570. We were told for IVF it would be about $13,000 for one cycle and about $1000 for medication and if we wanted genetic testing that would be an additional cost about $500.
Describe Jennifer Eaton's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Duke Fertility Center.
Dr Eaton did note that because of my age that she would recommend IVF with two embryo transfer but we would cross that path once we start and see how my body responses to the IVF medication.
Durham

I really like Dr. Eaton! Only downside was she didn’t spend much time with me. I liked how she asked me what treatment plan i’d prefer before setting one up herself. She seemed optimistic which helps me also feel optimistic...The HSG resulted in a total tubal blockage on the right and some sort of spasm on the left. She thinks I do have atleast one good tube so she’s given me clomid and ovidrel next cycle to help. I previously saw an OBGYN who prescribed me 6 cycles of clomid with no results.
I would probably say that it’s kinda a pain to get ahold of the office or have a nurse call you back [at Duke Fertility Center]...She [nurse] seems very sweet. She did get confused with my plan of care but I sorted that out relatively fast...The wait times for an appt are somewhat atrocious though. They all seem genuinely pleased to help but it’s easy to feel overwhelmed there. The area for men to supply a semen sample is small and outdated.
How was your experience with Jennifer Eaton at Duke Fertility Center?
I would probably say that it’s kinda a pain to get ahold of the office or have a nurse call you back.
She didn’t really know me personally but she seemed somewhat eager to help.
So far I’ve only had an HSG and follow up consult. The HSG resulted in a total tubal blockage on the right and some sort of spasm on the left. She thinks I do have atleast one good tube so she’s given me clomid and ovidrel next cycle to help. I previously saw an OBGYN who prescribed me 6 cycles of clomid with no results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Duke Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Courtney)
She seems very sweet. She did get confused with my plan of care but I sorted that out relatively fast.
Describe your experience with Duke Fertility Center.
I’ve only heard good things. The wait times for an appt are somewhat atrocious though. They all seem genuinely pleased to help but it’s easy to feel overwhelmed there. The area for men to supply a semen sample is small and outdated.
My insurance covered it but the initial consult was around $600. That was for ten minutes of her time. The HSG was over $1000
We can’t afford any IUI or IVF so this doesn’t pertain to me.
What specific things went wrong at Duke Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Duke Fertility Center.
They wanted me to go through with IUI when I specifically said I couldn’t due to financial reasons. It took them a bit to reply and they stated it was a charting error.
Durham
Dr. Eaton was very good at walking us through our results and providing information about treatment options. I was also able to get in touch with her through the Duke portal so I never felt like I couldn't reach her....She is a great listener and loves to answer questions... We were given the option to do IUI or IVF. We started with IUI with clomid + trigger since the treatment protocol was less complicated. We had two IUIs that didn't work. Now moving to IVF and will be working out the meds for that with her.
The doctors and nursing staff [Duke Fertility] are excellent. They do everything on site including IVF which is great. The finance department is not very responsive if you have insurance and sometimes has the wrong information....The finance department told me the wrong coverage amounts for my insurance and I was accidentally charged for something that was covered. It was fixed but only because I noticed it didn't look right.
How was your experience with Jennifer Eaton at Duke Fertility Center?
Come prepared with questions as she is a great source of information
She is a great listener and loves to answer questions
Describe your experience with your nurse at Duke Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
Stephanie was always very prompt to help with meds and answer any questions that didn't require doctor input. She was also always so nice on the phone
Describe your experience with Duke Fertility Center.
The doctors and nursing staff are excellent. They do everything on site including IVF which is great. The finance department is not very responsive if you have insurance and sometimes has the wrong information.
My costs are low because I have good insurance coverage
She recommended SET unless the retrieval only has 2 mediocre quality embryos and in that case she will do 2.
What specific things went wrong at Duke Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Duke Fertility Center.

2019, Consult
Dr Eaton was very clear in her analysis of my data, was open to questions...I am confident in her plans...So far so good! I’ve had a consult and one treatment procedure and she was involved with both. Her recommendations for testing made sense, as does her proposed treatment plan. I look forward to our first fertility treatment...She is not an outgoing & warm doctor, but kind and thorough...she just checked AMH and did a hysteroscopy to rule out one issue. We’re moving to IUI soon.
So far, they have been clear about cost [at Duke Fertility Center] (which has been fantastic), work well with my insurance, and are willing to work with my schedule (I have to drive nearly an hour to get there). The nurses are kind and the doctor seems well-researched and reasonable...Cathy [nurse] is responsive and thorough!...My OBGYN did a lot of prior testing, so she [Dr. Eaton] just checked AMH and did a hysteroscopy to rule out one issue. We’re moving to I
How was your experience with Jennifer Eaton at Duke Fertility Center?
Ask questions! She is not an outgoing & warm doctor, but kind and thorough.
Dr Eaton was very clear in her analysis of my data, was open to questions, Ana I am confident in her plans.
My OBGYN did a lot of prior testing, so she just checked AMH and did a hysteroscopy to rule out one issue. We’re moving to IUI soon.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Duke Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Cathy)
Cathy is responsive and thorough!
Describe your experience with Duke Fertility Center.
So far, they have been clear about cost (which has been fantastic), work well with my insurance, and are willing to work with my schedule (I have to drive nearly an hour to get there). The nurses are kind and the doctor seems well-researched and reasonable.
So far, I’m just paying specialist copays or nothing because it is in-network for my insurance