Good

1155 E Mountain Blvd
Wilkes Barre, PA 18702
1.800.275.6401

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
I am Currently going thru my first IVF cycle and it seems that’s Dr Gell prefers single transfer, especially if PGS testing...was always friendly when I saw her for my ultrasounds and procedures. You could tell the office if very busy as she was in and out of the exam room pretty quickly. Most of the time I interacted with her nurse...3 times intercourse with Clomid and HCG trigger- all unsuccessful 4-IUI with Clomid and HCG trigger All unsuccessful My 4th IUI I changed to Femara bc I was experiencing terrible eye floaters. She said she had never heard of that being an issue, but it really bothered me. I wish I would have been offered injections after the 2nd Failed IUI, instead they kept me on the Oral medication (none of which worked).
Strengths: the receptionist [at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center] ALWAYS made you feel comfortable and was super friendly!!! The office is very organized and provided a timeline as a guide which was helpful as a patient. Weakness: at times felt rushed...Starting this whole process I had already experienced 2 miscarriages and the office didn’t really seem to acknowledge my losses...Grace [nurse] was very knowledgeable and a great resource. She was always timely in getting back to me with any concern or questions that I had.
How was your experience with Jennifer Gell at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center?
Dr Gell was always friendly when I saw her for my ultrasounds and procedures. You could tell the office if very busy as she was in and out of the exam room pretty quickly. Most of the time I interacted with her nurse.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Gell at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center?
Have a list of questions and don’t be afraid To ask for clarification if you don’t understand something. Don’t be afraid to ask her to repeat something is she going thru it too quickly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Gell at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center?
As a nurse going thru this whole process I had an idea of the level of compassion that I would give to my patients. Starting this whole process I had already experienced 2 miscarriages and the office didn’t really seem to acknowledge my losses.
Describe the protocols Jennifer Gell used in your cycles at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Grace)
Grace was very knowledgeable and a great resource. She was always timely in getting back to me with any concern or questions that I had.
Describe your experience with Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
Strengths: the receptionist ALWAYS made you feel comfortable and was super friendly!!! The office is very organized and provided a timeline as a guide which was helpful as a patient. Weakness: at times felt rushed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Gell at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
500 insurance deductible Each IUI was $350 out of pocket plus $100 HCG shot IVF Frozen transfer costs $1500 embryo fee plus $350/embryo for PGS testing
Describe Jennifer Gell's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
Wilkes Barre
Dr. Gell is very kind and knowledgeable. She made me feel better during a tough situation. She was very thorough and never made me feel rushed during any visits. She took time to answer all of my questions...When the first transfer failed I was expecting Dr. Gell to call with results and she never did...For the second (successful) transfer, Dr. Gell called me with the results
The [Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center] clinic is very clean and organized. The clinic in Danville (where the retrieval and transfers are done) is also very clean and organized. The staff there was very nice and made me feel comfortable...The staff was excellent. Grace was very knowledgeable and attentive. She always answered all of my questions completely. Becky was great with scheduling and always accommodated my work schedule as best she could.
As with any doctor, it’s important to do your research and advocate for yourself. The visits were more beneficial after I did my research and knew what to expect.
Very kind. Never made me feel like a number.
Levothyroxine, birth control pill for 3 weeks to suppress ovulation, Lupron daily (with labs 1-2x/week to determine dosage), follistim, and Hcg to prep for retrieval. Transfer was cancelled due to OHSS. FET prep included birth control, estradiol, Lupron, and prometrium intravaginally.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
Describe your experience with Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
The clinic is very clean and organized. The clinic in Danville (where the retrieval and transfers are done) is also very clean and organized. The staff there was very nice and made me feel comfortable.
My medications cost around $1,500. My insurance covered just about all of the medical care I received.
Dr. Gell recommended doing 2 embryos per transfer for me.
What specific things went wrong at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
When the first transfer failed I was expecting Dr. Gell to call with results and she never did. I had to call and spoke to Becky who gave me the results. For the second (successful) transfer, Dr. Gell called me with the results. After doing research, I suggested using Lupron as a trigger instead of HcG as I was worried about OHSS. Dr. Gell chose to use HcG for my retrieval. I experienced pretty significant OHSS and my transfer was postponed. After discussion with Dr. Gell, she said if I were to do another retrieval, she would use Lupron as a trigger instead of HcG.
Wilkes Barre
Dr. Gell is a knowledgeable and compassionate doctor who cares for her patients personally and professionally. She believes strongly that her treatment plan and course of action will succeed and does her best to transfer this hope to her patients. Nevertheless, she is not reluctant to offer a new treatment when others fail....Started with IVF with ICSI. Protocol was birth control pills, followed by Folstim, Menopur, and Ganirelix.
The strengths of the clinic [Geisinger Medical Ctr Fertility Ctr] are the knowledgeable and compassionate care of Dr. Gell. The clinic will open for you on Sundays and holidays if needed.... The team is committed to treatment that works for their patients and giving the best patient care is truly a priority.... Typical IVF cycle runs $9300-9800 before medication and billable office hours and testing.... Grace can be blunt but she is always gentle and very concerned with the comfort and care of her patients. She answers questions and phone calls promptly, and is always willing to answer more if needed.
Doctor and staff took the time to answer any questions we had, got to know us on a personal level, and empathized with our situation.
Started with IVF with ICSI. Protocol was birth control pills, followed by Folstim, Menopur, and Ganirelix. Ultrasound and bloodwork used to monitor progress. Triggered with Ovidrel. Husband was treated at the same time with Clomid and Anastrozole for infertility by a different specialist. This protocol resulted in 11 eggs retrieved, 8 fertilized with 2 used for third day transfer and one blast frozen. This resulted in positive pregnancy test and eventual miscarriage. Second protocol four months later started with Lupron and then added Folstim, triggered with Ovidrel. This resulted in 8 eggs, 4 fertilized, but none survived to blast for PGS. Third protocol for frozen transfer was Lupron and progesterone injections. Transfer did not result in positive pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
The strengths of the clinic are the knowledgeable and compassionate care of Dr. Gell. The clinic will open for you on Sundays and holidays if needed. The only weaknesses and downsides we have experienced have been a lack of success but this lack of success was not a result of any lack of trying. The team is committed to treatment that works for their patients and giving the best patient care is truly a priority.

2014 - 2017, Unsuccessful
My only complaint is that I wish she [Dr. Jennifer Gell] focused more on testing and diagnosing the problem rather than just treatment. She also doesn't run standard CD3 blood tests (LH, FSH, AMH, E2) as part of her initial testing like most REs do. I actually had to go to my OB/GYN to get the tests done because she said she thought they were unnecessary (I disagree). I just don't understand diagnosing someone with unexplained infertility without performing simple blood tests which could provide some insight into the problem. After 3+ years of trying without a positive pregnancy test or an answer as to why, I don't feel like I should have to push for additional testing or information that's readily available. I don't feel comfortable moving on to expensive, invasive, treatments if there's more testing that can be done first. She's a great doctor but like wit
Everyone is very nice and compassionate. I don't recall ever having a bad experience with anyone at Dr Gell's practice [Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center]...Consultations are ~$400-600 if your insurance doesn't cover it. I believe it's on a sliding scale. IUIs cycles are ~$1200, out of pocket. The IUI itself is ~$375 which is what I paid since my insurance covered the ultrasounds and medications but not treatments. IVF is around $11,000, out of pocket. Medications are around $3,000 -$5,000.
Dr Gell is a warm, caring doctor with an excellent bedside manner. She is honest and straight to the point without being insensitive. My only complaint is that I wish she focused more on testing and diagnosing the problem rather than just treatment. She also doesn't run standard CD3 blood tests (LH, FSH, AMH, E2) as part of her initial testing like most REs do. I actually had to go to my OB/GYN to get the tests done because she said she thought they were unnecessary (I disagree). I just don't understand diagnosing someone with unexplained infertility without performing simple blood tests which could provide some insight into the problem. After 3+ years of trying without a positive pregnancy test or an answer as to why, I don't feel like I should have to push for additional testing or information that's readily available. I don't feel comfortable moving on to expensive, invasive, treatments if there's more testing that can be done first. She's a great doctor but like with any doctor, I think it's important to do your own research and advocate for yourself. There is no exception here.
Do your own research and push for CD3 blood tests. There is no harm in educating yourself!
Dr Gell is always warm and friendly towards me but I didn't feel like her treatment plans and/or diagnosis process were tailored to the individual.
My first treatment plan was timed intercourse with Clomid. I did two cycles of this before moving on to IUI. She does not do ultrasounds during TI cycles but she does check your progesterone to see if you've ovulated. My second treatment plan was IUI, Clomid, and Novarel hCG trigger. I did 3 cycles of this without success. I had two ultrasounds during each cycle to monitor my follicles. She had me administer the trigger shot once my follicles reached around 18mm. IUIs followed 36 hours after the hCG trigger shot. She did not check my progesterone during IUI cycles. After 5 failed medicated cycles, she recommended I move on to IVF. She did not bring up injectable hormones or suggest that as an option. She said I responded well to Clomid and if that (IUI) didn't work then it was unlikely that it was going to. She said IVF will give us our best chances. She also said I could opt to do a laparoscopy to check for Endometriosis and/or scarring before moving on to IVF. She said she didn't think it was necessary but it was ultimately up to me. I decided to do the laparoscopy and she found some mild endo and was able to remove it during the procedure. Afterwards, she recommended that we try naturally for 6-12 months and if I'm still not pregnant then we should to IVF.
Very sweet, compassionate, and competent.
Describe your experience with Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
Everyone is very nice and compassionate. I don't recall ever having a bad experience with anyone at Dr Gell's practice.
Wilkes Barre

Whenever I have seen Dr. Gell, I have been extremely satisfied. On one visit, I had a fill in tech and I left unsatisfied with how I was treated and the lack of explanation but I do not feel as though this goes against Dr. Gell or her clinic....Dr. Gell and her staff have been extremely responsive and have explained all procedures. They have answered my questions thoroughly.... Dr. Gell administered an HSG and ordered extensive bloodwork before beginning treatment.
If considering making an appointment, I would call [Geisinger Medical Ctr] as soon as you have an inclination because the wait to be seen is sometimes long. She has come highly recommended and is one of a kind for the area, so the wait to get in with her took a few months.... [Nurse] Grace has always responded to questions and concerns appropriately, both over the phone and through email.... On one visit, I had a fill in tech and I left unsatisfied with how I was treated
Whenever I have seen Dr. Gell, I have been extremely satisfied. On one visit, I had a fill in tech and I left unsatisfied with how I was treated and the lack of explanation but I do not feel as though this goes against Dr. Gell or her clinic. Her and her nurse have always been responsive to my questions and listened to my concerns.
Ask questions whenever you are unsure. You are your best advocate and she has done a great job explaining anything I was unsure of.
Dr. Gell administered an HSG and ordered extensive bloodwork before beginning treatment. My body has not responded to Clomid as expected, so we are beginning to plan our next steps.
Describe your experience with Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
If considering making an appointment, I would call as soon as you have an inclination because the wait to be seen is sometimes long. She has come highly recommended and is one of a kind for the area, so the wait to get in with her took a few months.
What specific things went wrong at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center?
The experience I had does not go against Dr. Gell or her clinic. It was experienced with a fill in. Dr. Gell and her staff followed up appropriately.
2013 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Gell is a good doctor. I ovulated on a weekend, and she game in on the weekend to do the IUI. She was pleasant and kind. Dr. Gell was always very patient and understanding. She made the IUI process easy to understand. I wish more was done to be sure I was ovulating and that my uterine lining could handle implantation...used clomid with a trigger shot for IUI. On day 13 you went to the office for an ultrasound to see how many mature follicles you had to determine when you should take the shot. That was the day you scheduled the shot. I didn’t like that the nurse did the ultrasound and then you had to wait to hear from to office on a time for the IUI time.
[Gesinger Medical Center Fertility Center] is one of the few clinics in the Scranton/WB areas. There is no storage facility for donor sperm or donor eggs. The staff is nice for the most part. The clinic is clean. The office is easy to get to...Grace [nurse] was nice. She seemed annoyed or irritated at times with questions... wish more was done to be sure I was ovulating and that my uterine lining could handle implantation...I didn’t like that the nurse did the ultrasound and then you had to wait to hear from to office on a time for the IUI time. Nurse
Prepare a list of questions prior to going in. She will take the time to answer them.
Dr. Hell was kind and optimistic. Almost too optimistic.
Dr. Gell used clomid with a trigger shot for IUI. On day 13 you went to the office for an ultrasound to see how many mature follicles you had to determine when you should take the shot. That was the day you scheduled the shot. I didn’t like that the nurse did the ultrasound and then you had to wait to hear from to office on a time for the IUI time.
Grace was nice. She seemed annoyed or irritated at times with questions.
Describe your experience with Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
This is one of the few clinics in the Scranton/WB areas. There is no storage facility for donor sperm or donor eggs. The staff is nice for the most part. The clinic is clean. The office is easy to get to.
Most was covered by insurance with the exception of donor sperm.