Good

1155 E Mountain Blvd
Wilkes Barre, PA 18702
1.800.275.6401

2014 - 2020, Unknown Success
[Dr. Gell] looked over all the testing I had and told me. “You can get pregnant we just need to teach your body how”...Following an ultrasound where we were prepared to trigger shot she saw that my follicles had not grown enough in order to proceed...She sat in the room as I cried and comforted me told me there were other things we could try and not to be discouraged she had a plan...
They [Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center] are a small group which sometimes can make getting an appointment a challenge but once you can it’s like seeing family every time you go for a follow up...[nurses] talk to you like your a human and not just a pay day...when you call or message you get a prompt response and they try to make it all as easy as possible!...best Dr [Gell] I have ever been treated by.
How was your experience with Jennifer Gell at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center?
Every time I’ve gone to see Dr Gell she truly has been amazing. Going to a fertility clinic is overwhelming. I had come from an OBGYN who told me there was a good chance I would never get pregnant. So naturally when I first went to see Dr.Gell I was terrified. As a young woman you never think getting pregnant is going to be a struggle. She sat down and looked over all the testing I had and told me. “You can get pregnant we just need to teach your body how”. After hearing this a sudden relief came over me. Of course during all this we had our ups and downs but she has always been very straight forward with me. Not only is she my Dr but she is like my friend. Following an ultrasound where we were prepared to trigger shot she saw that my follicles had not grown enough in order to proceed. Naturally I was upset and felt like nothing was going to work. She sat in the room as I cried and comforted me told me there were other things we could try and not to be discouraged she had a plan. Following a few more failed cycles I had stopped trying for awhile. Started a new relationship, got married and tried to conceive for about a year with no success. We made an appointment with Dr .Gell and it was as if I never stopped treatment with her. She started repeating all the testing and we made a plan! Then we found out that along with my fertility issues my husband is dealing with a low sperm motility count. Of course this was a hit to gut but Dr Gell contacted us explained the results fully and told me the realistic percentages of success over the next few courses of treatment. We devised a plan and started to work through it. We were prepared to do some more testing and possibly start a oral medication routine when COVID-19 hit. Due to this we had to delay everything but every time I have sent a message to her I get a prompt reply and explanation to my questions. She is really the best Dr I have ever been treated by.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Gell at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center?
Breath! It’s scary it’s overwhelming but keep breathing. When it feels like your world is caving in just know Dr Gell is going to do everything she can to rebuild your confidence in yourself and give you the future family you deserve.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Gell at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center?
Dr.Gell was realistic with my husband and I. When we went to speak with her I had done some treatment in the past with her during a previous relationship. When it came to talking to her about attempting pregnancy with my husband she sat down and spoke to us like we were friends or family. She answered every possible question we had and always makes you feel like your a priority when you message her! When treatment wouldn’t work and I would be upset that we were unable to do a trigger shot or move forward she always would comfort me and try to make the world feel like it’s not caving in. Dr Gell is fantastic and I have never felt any less then a human when seeing her.
Describe the protocols Jennifer Gell used in your cycles at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I’m on metformin 1500 mg daily. I have done Clomid I believe 5 times. Following dosages of clomid I did ultrasounds and it was found that the follicles had not grown enough for us to proceed with a trigger shot and timed intercourse. I have taken provera to bring on cycles to give me some sort of cycle regularity. More recently IUI and IVF have been discussed which hopefully we will respond to positively.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Grace G)
Grace and the other nursing staff are great! When I’ve been at the office in the past they treat you just the same as Dr.Gell. They talk to you like your a human and not just a pay day. I’ve had to have a previous biopsy done while in the office and it was not the most comfortable thing. Grace stood with me holding my hand comforting me and helped talk me through it. It’s always a warm welcome and goodbye and always make sure you leave with all the knowledge you need!
Describe your experience with Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
Honestly I can say this office has no weaknesses! When you call or message you get a prompt response and they try to make it all as easy as possible! From the front desk being willing to make appointments throughout the system for you to the Dr explaining the minor details of how to hopefully get better results this clinic is fantastic. They are a small group which sometimes can make getting an appointment a challenge but once you can it’s like seeing family every time you go for a follow up.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Gell at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
Medications range from 5$-1000+ when IUI was previously discussed I know the medications were close to 800. IUI starts around 400$ IVF as per the clinic starts around 15,000$
Describe Jennifer Gell's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
Wilkes Barre

Dr. Gell was thorough, kind, empathetic, and well-knowledgeable...I always feel like I am more than a diagnosis...She is optimistic but straight-forward. I feel confident in her expertise and support during this process...prescribed three-four rounds of Clomid with a trigger shot. I am on round two currently. To diagnose, I was administered a femvue surgery. It determined I had clear tubes but low ovarian reserve (AMH). I was diagnosed with “unexplained infertility” after 1 1/2 years of trying. If the Clomid and trigger shots don’t work in the next two cycles, we are moving forward with IUI. From there, we will decide if IVF is the next step for us.
The secretary [at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center] is always kind, caring, and patient with me. She even referred me to a mail-order pharmacy where I get the medication I need for more than 50% cheaper...(PA’s, ultrasound techs, nurses, etc.) are very professional...The nursing staff is always kind. They are fast-moving but consistent and without error, which is much-appreciated during procedures and ultrasounds...
I always feel like I am more than a diagnosis (even though we are stamped with “unexplained infertility”) with Dr. Gell. She is optimistic but straight-forward. I feel confident in her expertise and support during this process.
Trust in Dr. Gell’s guidance!
The secretary is always kind, caring, and patient with me. She even referred me to a mail-order pharmacy where I get the medication I need for more than 50% cheaper. As a teacher, I am grateful for this. Dr. Gell was thorough, kind, empathetic, and well-knowledgeable. The staff under her (PA’s, ultrasound techs, nurses, etc.) are very professional. It’s a difficult process to go through, but Dr. Gell and her team have made the process more manageable. I feel much more than a diagnosis with them.
Dr. Gell prescribed three-four rounds of Clomid with a trigger shot. I am on round two currently. To diagnose, I was administered a femvue surgery. It determined I had clear tubes but low ovarian reserve (AMH). I was diagnosed with “unexplained infertility” after 1 1/2 years of trying. If the Clomid and trigger shots don’t work in the next two cycles, we are moving forward with IUI. From there, we will decide if IVF is the next step for us.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
Describe your experience with Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
The clinic is very clean, welcoming, and inviting. The ultrasound rooms are very welcoming as well with a private bathroom which is much-appreciated. The bathrooms are equipped with feminine products that may be needed. The office is easy to access and parking is directly on-site.
The costs/co-pay were reasonable under my insurance. The medicine itself was affordable thanks to Dr. Gell’s office working around my requests and allowing me to use a mail-order specialty pharmacy instead of a local one.

2016 - 2019, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Jennifer Gell] explained that to limit risks, it is preferred to now only transfer one embryo. We elected to complete genetic testing so that we knew a chromosomally normal embryo would be selected to prevent risks of miscarriage. If genetic testing is used, our doctor explained that they will only transfer one euploid embryo...Strengths include being completely honest about a patient's chances of conceiving...always takes time to answer all my questions, no matter how silly I feel asking them. No judgement, just honest answers to my concerns.
$15,203 was the cost for one full cycle [at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center], retrieva and transfer. Genetic testing was an extra fee...This is a relatively small office. The convenience of the location was very important to me. Usually very adaptive in scheduling and during on appointments when I needed them. Lab nearby for all the blood work is a plus...resulted in 10 eggs retrieved, 9 able to inject by ICSI, 4 fertilized, and only 1 blastocyst making it to day 5, but it was chromosomally abnormal.
Strengths include being completely honest about a patient's chances of conceiving. Dr. Gell always takes time to answer all my questions, no matter how silly I feel asking them. No judgement, just honest answers to my concerns.
Be patient! You well learn all the details you need to know at the right time.
I feel as if my doctor truly knows me despite all the countless patients and cycles she's monitoring.
We first tired 3 attempts of IUI since my insurance covered 3 lifetime attempts. The sperm counts were not in range for a successful IUI, but we tried it anyway because it was covered by insurance. I feel my doctor always took financials into consideration, trying and recommending what is least expensive and least invasive first. My first retrieval cycle included folistim, menopur, and ganirelix. This resulted in 10 eggs retrieved, 9 able to inject by ICSI, 4 fertilized, and only 1 blastocyst making it to day 5, but it was chromosomally abnormal. 2nd retrieval cycle included a change of meds to folistim and leuprolide. This resulted in 13 eggs retrieved, 11 able to inject by ICSI, 9 fertilized, 6 made it to day 5 blastocysts. Of the 6, 4 were normal euploid blastocyst, when was abnormal, and one was a low-level mosaic. to prepare for a frozen embryo transfer, the first thawed embryo did not hold together, so we lost one. A second embryo was thawed and transferred, however this resulted in a biochemical pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Grace)
Over the last few years I have become very familiar with all the staff at this clinic. I feel very welcomed and cared for by everyone present.
Describe your experience with Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
$15,203 was the cost for one full cycle, retrieva and transfer. Genetic testing was an extra fee.
Are doctor explained that to limit risks, it is preferred to now only transfer one embryo. We elected to complete genetic testing so that we knew a chromosomally normal embryo would be selected to prevent risks of miscarriage. If genetic testing is used, our doctor explained that they will only transfer one euploid embryo.
Wilkes Barre
Dr Gell laid each step out and was always up front with me and our options. There was no sugar coating. That is not what I needed. I needed information that my previous doctor could not give me. She is honest and really wants to see her patients have a successful pregnancy...My lining was thining due to the chlomid. We switched to another from (I forget the name) my body responded well the first time and took a trigger shot to ovulate but did not get pregnant. Tried same oral pills again and on the next ultra sound found cysts and waited for my next cycle. Cycle came, tried again. Still no eggs. We have now moved on to injectables. Currently going through treatment to see if I have any more eggs remaining.
The nurse I deal with on a regular basis [at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center] makes sure to answer all of my questions and follows up if I did have questions or issues with the pharmacy...There is a sign that says you are not allowed to bring your kids to the clinic. This is something that is not enforced. If this was a trigger for me, I would have been upset multiple times. I have a child so I get child care can be an issues but it certainly could be tough for someone who is still trying to have their first.
Be open and accepting to the honesty that comes with infertility.
Dr Gell spoke to me and not above me. Meaning she explained everything to me so I could understand. She also sat with me as I cried as she discussed with my husband and I about moving on to injectables or even egg donation.
We started with Chlomid but was monitored to see how my body responded. This was after my husband and I both had testing done to see where our fertility issues were. It was with me. We did two rounds of chlomid with no luck. My lining was thining due to the chlomid. We switched to another from (I forget the name) my body responded well the first time and took a trigger shot to ovulate but did not get pregnant. Tried same oral pills again and on the next ultra sound found cysts and waited for my next cycle. Cycle came, tried again. Still no eggs. We have now moved on to injectables. Currently going through treatment to see if I have any more eggs remaining.
The nurse I deal with on a regular basis makes sure to answer all of my questions and follows up if I did have questions or issues with the pharmacy.
Describe your experience with Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
I found Dr Gell because it was the only doctor our insurance would cover treatment with. Besides co-pays, we have had not extra cost in office. We have not attempted our IUI yet due to cost.

2012 - 2017, Unknown Success
I felt like a human because dr gell will always sit down and talk to you about what’s going on with you as a person and than medically she would also discuss what was going on. She would try and be serious yet calming when telling you any kind of bad news...We started with just trying to conceive with clomid but that was not working so she switched me to femara and that seemed to help the follicles grow but when I used the trigger shot I’m not sure if an egg released and we did that 2xs but I was not getting a possitive. So she did femara, follistem and the trigger for iui. I got another bfn. After that she asked that I conseder ivf. I
This clinics only weakness is they [Geisinger Medical Center] are not open on the weekends and they do not do the ivf on site so you have to travel to Danville which cost even more money.... The nursin staff is pretty much just getting you checked in and explaining how the medications work and how to give the shots..etc. I’ve see. One nurse who has given me the ultrasound and took pictures for dr gell and she was passionate and caring
She is a understanding dr who is always trying to help her patients. She kind, caring,genuine, and honest! Always willing to sit down and discuss any of your concerns or fears! I feel extremely confident and comfortable with her as my ob and fertility dr! When she had to tell me after my you that it didn’t work she was very calm, collected, and soft. She asked me if I was ok seeing the hurt on my face, and she seemed upset as well. I truly believe she is an amazing person who can be as honest as she can with you, yet being caring at the same time. This is hard to find and I recommend her to a lot of people!
Make sure you ask questions. She is not a mind reader and will answer them if she can and if not she will call around and ask others to see if she can get you an answer.
I felt like a human because dr gell will always sit down and talk to you about what’s going on with you as a person and than medically she would also discuss what was going on. She would try and be serious yet calming when telling you any kind of bad news. She asks if your okay periodically and to make sure she’s not hurting you. She has always been pretty straight forward with me. I have high hopes with her, just not in myself sometimes. She says I need ivf but it’s so expensive and I just can’t come up with the money to pay it all up front. She is great and has gotten my sister pregnant.
We started with just trying to conceive with clomid but that was not working so she switched me to femara and that seemed to help the follicles grow but when I used the trigger shot I’m not sure if an egg released and we did that 2xs but I was not getting a possitive. So she did femara, follistem and the trigger for iui. I got another bfn. After that she asked that I conseder ivf. I have not been able to get the money for it as of yet.
The nursin staff is pretty much just getting you checked in and explaining how the medications work and how to give the shots..etc. I’ve see. One nurse who has given me the ultrasound and took pictures for dr gell and she was passionate and caring😉
Describe your experience with Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
This clinics only weakness is they are not open on the weekends and they do not do the ivf on site so you have to travel to Danville which cost even more money. The only advice is to be persistent as it takes a while to get an appointment with her so make sure you plan ahead of ttc.
2015, Successful
Dr. Gell was involved from the first visit...the consultation. We were already through several it's and my husband and I decided that we wanted to go right for invitro. Dr. Gell explained everything. Went over each detail that was involved and what I was to expect from the initial examination to the day of transfer. The consultation is overwhelming usually but not with Dr. Gell. Everything was on a folder and explained in detail. She told what I needed to do to prepare my body for the procedure. After every visit I was told what to expect even though everything was already explained. She was so compassionate every time she talked to us. She was honest and upfront about the probability of conceiving. I felt safe when I was there like there is no one else's hands I would rather be in. The finances were explained in detail as well which helped tremendously going into it. I felt before I was paying all these separate small bills and never really knowing what they were for.
Dr Gell and her entire staff [at Geisinger Wilkes Barre] always made me feel like I was the most important person ( not a patient) in their care. She was always kind and looked you right in the eye....Entire cost for all appointments and procedures including freezing if we had any left over eggs was 16,000....On time appointments. I never waited. Clean. They always remembered me even though there were so many couples going in and out. Phone calls back were prompt. They set me up with a very reasonable fertility med website which were extremely helpful.
Listen to every word she says
Dr Gell and her entire staff always made me feel like I was the most important person ( not a patient) in their care. She was always kind and looked you right in the eye.
I can't remember exact protocol. I was setup with injections to be given twice a day with an ultra sound every other day to monitor the growth. Then given another injection to mature the eggs and then the retrieval was scheduled. The did an egg retrieval and 5 days later they transferred the eggs with a small doses of valium to relax the cervix. Told to stay on bed rest for 2 days. I than began 3 vaginal inserts of progesterone a day. This was the best option for me because we were unexplained.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Can't remember sorry!!)
Entire staff and especially my nurse was extremely compassionate kind gentle with my very broken down self.
Describe your experience with Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
Entire cost for all appointments and procedures including freezing if we had any left over eggs was 16,000.00
2013 - 2015, Successful
We could not be happier with Dr. Gell. She made sure that we understood every single piece of treatment and really listened to our concerns. When Clomid wasn't working, she changed treatment by adding metformin and starting the process to do an IUI...Dr. Gell took the time to go through both mine and my husband's history and really made us feel comfortable. She explained everything and made sure that we were comfortable with every plan.
IUI with medications - $3,000 (estimate) IVF with medications - $10,000 ((estimate) Office visits - $25 per visit HSG...Easy to reach staff Good hours Resources available Great location...Always available for phone calls Offered plenty of advice and reassurance Helpful when showing how to use injections Offered many resources on where to get the injections from since insurance did not cover them
We could not be happier with Dr. Gell. She made sure that we understood every single piece of treatment and really listened to our concerns. When Clomid wasn't working, she changed treatment by adding metformin and starting the process to do an IUI. Fortunately, we were able to get pregnant on an "off" cycle prior to starting the IUI.
Be an advocate for yourself, but listen to what Dr. Gell offers, as well.
Clomid, starting at 50mg. No ovulation Clomid, 100mg. No ovulation Clomid, 150mg. No ovluation. Clomid 150mg plus metformin. No ovulation. Clomid 200mg plus metformin. Ovulation but low progesterone level. Continued metformin while preparing for IUI. Got pregnant on natural cycle after 3 months on metformin.
Always available for phone calls Offered plenty of advice and reassurance Helpful when showing how to use injections Offered many resources on where to get the injections from since insurance did not cover them (cancelled due to pregnancy)
Easy to reach staff Good hours Resources available Great location
Clomid, out of pocket, not covered by insurance. Approximately 25-50$ per cycle. Metformim, covered my insurance. $0 per month. IUI with medications - $3,000 (estimate) IVF with medications - $10,000 ((estimate) Office visits - $25 per visit HSG - $0 after insurance Ultrasounds - $0 after insurance Bloodwork - roughly $125/month after insurance stopped covering due to "infertile" diagnosis

2015 - 2019, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Gell] came in and started testing to see my levels. ... Doctor gell has fantastic bedside manners. She talks about all the options and how things works. ... She also talk about the process of treat ment plans. She ruled out one thing to another. Then she has me go in for surgery to find out I have a tube blocked. Once that was fixed she started me on birth control to regulate my period. Then once that was done we started on clomid.
Everyone [at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center]is super nice and helpful the place is clean. A little compact when you enter the door for the waiting area but other then that its good.i had no problems with the doctor or nurses. The clincher was clean and well maintain ... The nurses were super nice and helpful to the time I arrive to the time I left. Plus getting back to me if I had any questions
Doctor gell has fantastic bedside manners. She talks about all the options and how things works. She takes you step by step and walk you through everything. She straight to the point with out sound mean or harsh. She doesn't sugarcoat anything. She works with you.
Go in with an open mind
Doctor Gell. Is fantastic and straight to the point without being harsh or mean
She came in and started testing to see my levels. She also talk about the process of treat ment plans. She ruled out one thing to another. Then she has me go in for surgery to find out I have a tube blocked. Once that was fixed she started me on birth control to regulate my period. Then once that was done we started on clomid.
Describe your experience with Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
Nothing to really report. Everyone is super nice and helpful the place is clean. A little compact when you enter the door for the waiting area but other then that its good.i had no problems with the doctor or nurses. The clincher was clean and well maintain
The shot was 100 dollars And the clomid was around 60 for all three around
Wilkes Barre

She [Dr. Gell] explained everything she planned on doing. She explained every test and procedure and possible medication that I may have to do. She was just incredible. I never once felt overwhelmed with any of the information she was giving me.... She broke down every test she was doing bloodwork for. I had 2 hsg done and she explained the purpose of it and each step along the way. I just had a polyp removed and she came in and checked led to make sure I was ok and even afterwards had such compassion. I've never had a procedure done where I needed to go under general anesthesia and she walked me thru the whole process.
They [Geisinger Med Ctr] are very respectful and efficient with returning calls. As of now I see no weaknesses with the clinic. Everyone was just wonderful.the atmosphere is very calm and quiet and I felt comfortable there.... [nursing staff] were very very nice and having the issues I have they were very compassionate.... She [Dr. Gell] explained everything she planned on doing. She explained every test and procedure and possible medication that I may have to do. She was just incredible.
Just stay optimistic. She takes every one of your concerns and questions into consideration. She is very easy to talk to.
She explained everything she planned on doing. She explained every test and procedure and possible medication that I may have to do. She was just incredible. I never once felt overwhelmed with any of the information she was giving me.
She performed 2 hsg and one that she described as a d&c. I had 2 miscarriages and she was the only one that looked further into it.
They were very very nice and having the issues I have they were very compassionate.
Describe your experience with Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
They are very respectful and efficient with returning calls. As of now I see no weaknesses with the clinic. Everyone was just wonderful.the atmosphere is very calm and quiet and I felt comfortable there.
Wilkes Barre
I felt heard. I felt like she listened to me and cared about how I was feeling. She worked along side me and I never felt in the dark or forgotten about between appointments. ... Dr Gell took the time to talk to me, LISTEN TO ME, and was available whenever I needed her- even for the little, “silly” things. ... She had my husband get his sperm counted and she sent me for an HSG test. Both came back with good results so she upped my clomid dose.
They [Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center] are so helpful and always there to support you along the way. ... They see you through until you are far enough along to start seeing your regular ob ... They make you feel like they are invested in your journey as well. [Nursing Staff] Very kind and helpful ... She [doctor] worked along side me and I never felt in the dark or forgotten about between appointments.
I felt heard. I felt like she listened to me and cared about how I was feeling. She worked along side me and I never felt in the dark or forgotten about between appointments. She was thorough with both my husband and I and it didn’t take long for us to get the results we were hoping for!
Listen to the details & do them because she’s so knowledgeable! She gave us tips that seemed unimportant- but they worked!
Dr Gell took the time to talk to me, LISTEN TO ME, and was available whenever I needed her- even for the little, “silly” things. She was thorough and I never felt like she was doing too much or not enough
She had my husband get his sperm counted and she sent me for an HSG test. Both came back with good results so she upped my clomid dose. I took provera to induce a period and then clomid. My First cycle where she upped my clomid to 100mg worked for me!
Very kind and helpful
Describe your experience with Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
Be patient and be willing to put in the work. They are so helpful and always there to support you along the way. They make you feel like they are invested in your journey as well. They see you through until you are far enough along to start seeing your regular ob