Available by cell phone
FellowshipEmory
550 Peachtree Street
Atlanta, GA 30308
404-778-3401
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jennifer Kawwass to a friend?

6.8

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Emory University Reproductive Center to a friend?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
She [Dr. Kawwass] always took so much time to sit down with me and discuss all my treatment options, the evidence-base around these options, and took the time to make sure I had time to ask any questions at all...After 2 clinical miscarriages (<10 weeks) and 3 chemical pregnancies (<6 weeks) I was at a loss of what to do. Dr. Kawwass ordered necessary tests and helped to explain to me my diagnoses of premature ovarian failure at age 35, as well as all the potential reasons for my miscarriages and what I could do. As a marathon runner, she cautioned me to run less (which seems obvious, but I had 4 different OBGYNs tell me that if I was running before pregnancy, I could continue to do so during pregnancy). She helped with treating subclinical hypothyroidism to get it under control, and she put me on progesterone at 3 DPO, which I think may have made a big difference for me. She also suggested trying Clomid prior to IVF with PGS testing first, as a less invasive method that may work to get pregnant.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Jennifer Kawwass at Emory University Reproductive Center?
Dr. Kawwass was incredible. She always took so much time to sit down with me and discuss all my treatment options, the evidence-base around these options, and took the time to make sure I had time to ask any questions at all. I never felt like she was rushed and needed to move on. She also really took the time to get to know myself and my husband as individuals, not just as her patient, which I appreciated. One thing I really valued about her was that she really knows the medical literature and studies really well, and for someone like me that really likes that evidence, she was an amazing doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Kawwass at Emory University Reproductive Center?
Write down your questions in advance - she will go through each one of them with you and it was always really helpful to have handy during my visits with her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Kawwass at Emory University Reproductive Center?
Dr. Kawwass and the team at Emory always took the time to get to know myself and my husband as individuals, not just as her patient, which I really appreciated.
Describe the protocols Jennifer Kawwass used in your cycles at Emory University Reproductive Center and their degree of success.
Dr. Kawwass had a lot of great recommendations for me, and while many of them were minor "tweaks" in my care, it resulted in a positive outcome. After 2 clinical miscarriages (<10 weeks) and 3 chemical pregnancies (<6 weeks) I was at a loss of what to do. Dr. Kawwass ordered necessary tests and helped to explain to me my diagnoses of premature ovarian failure at age 35, as well as all the potential reasons for my miscarriages and what I could do. As a marathon runner, she cautioned me to run less (which seems obvious, but I had 4 different OBGYNs tell me that if I was running before pregnancy, I could continue to do so during pregnancy). She helped with treating subclinical hypothyroidism to get it under control, and she put me on progesterone at 3 DPO, which I think may have made a big difference for me. She also suggested trying Clomid prior to IVF with PGS testing first, as a less invasive method that may work to get pregnant. She also had recommendations for just two supplements that had shown some effectiveness (many others she said were a waste of money and did not work), so I took these two to help improve egg quality prior to the clomid cycle. The clomid worked in the first cycle! I am 12 weeks pregnant now. Dr. Kawwass was so amazing helping to calm my nerves, as I was able to come in for almost weekly ultrasounds when I was nervous about spotting or other concerns about having another miscarriage. Overall, all of these changes to my treatment have resulted in a pregnancy that I hope to carry to term.
Super responsive. I always got call backs and replies on the patient portal to my messages within 1-2 hours. It was really amazing to be treated so well!
Describe your experience with Emory University Reproductive Center.
Excellent clinic. Easy to get in for appointments quickly, and very quick turnaround times. The clinic staff all communicate really well and I always felt like I was in the best hands. The clinic location is great, new, clean and top notch.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Kawwass at Emory University Reproductive Center.
My insurance covered the majority of my treatment.
Describe Jennifer Kawwass's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Emory University Reproductive Center.
Dr. Kawwass is against multiple embryo transfer because of the severe complications and health risks that multiple embryos can cause both mother and babies. I agree with this policy after she explained it to me. Though having twins sounded amazing at first after struggling with fertility, given all the current worries I have just at 12 weeks and knowing how much MORE I would worry about all the health risks of multiples, I completely understand this viewpoint as it is founded in evidence-based and scientific research.
Atlanta

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jennifer Kawwass at Emory University Reproductive Center.

2016 - 2019
Dr. Kawwass took the time to discuss my treatment plan and answer all of my questions. When I went back 2 years later to try for my second child, she greeted me like an old friend and remembered the details of my previous treatment....she was a great communicator, empathetic, and a great scientist / up to date on the latest literature. I appreciate how she combined scientific rigor with her empathetic approach to treatment.
2016 - 2019
Dr. Kawwass was an amazing practitioner - she was a great communicator, empathetic, and a great scientist / up to date on the latest literature. I appreciate how she combined scientific rigor with her empathetic approach to treatment. Even though I didn’t see her at every visit I trusted her team and knew she was consulted on the decisions around my care.
Dr. Kawwass took the time to discuss my treatment plan and answer all of my questions. When I went back 2 years later to try for my second child, she greeted me like an old friend and remembered the details of my previous treatment. I always found her very empathetic and approachable and appreciated how she never ‘dumbed things down’ when talking about my treatment plan or answering questions.
We started with letrozole only cycles to stimulate ovulation with timed intercourse. At the time both my husband and I were traveling for work so it was difficult for timing intercourse so we eventually moved to stimulation plus IUI. When that didn’t work for a few months I started an IVF cycle with injectables but I wasn’t producing enough eggs so we switched to an IUI. I got pregnant with my daughter on that cycle. When I went back to the clinic 2 years later to start trying again we did a clomid+menopur cycle and IUI and I got pregnant in that first cycle.
Nursing staff were always friendly and professional
Describe your experience with Emory University Reproductive Center.
Clinic was well-run with appointments on time, clean and comfortable waiting area, and great staff. Parking was sometimes frustrating - would definitely recommend coming early to find parking in the garage.
Costs were covered by insurance so only paid $40 co pay on some visits
N/a - did not do IVf

6 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Sperm, Surrogacy
Dr. Kawwass did not perform any of our procedures, but we were aware she was consulted throughout. Our meetings with her were thorough and encouraging. When we were worried, she would always appear just to comfort us...Know that as medical director she may not be available for the day to day, but she knows her stuff and is a great team leader to help you find the best course of treatment and hopefully positive results.
6 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Sperm, Surrogacy
Dr. Kawwass is warm and friendly and makes an intimidating process seem manageable. She always listened and responded to our concerns however we presented them and we felt like she truly wanted us to conceive.
IUI 1-3: Letrozole - Ovidrel trigger Then HSG test. IUI 4 added Menopur for thin lining. IVF: reciprocal with wife's eggs. Me: gestational parent: Birth Control for 4 weeks, daily Lupron shots, estrogen patches. 2CC Progesterone injections daily from retrieval through 9 weeks. Prometrium suppositories 3x day through 12 weeks. We didn't ask why this protocol, but I had very few side effects and we were willing to try anything.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Emory University Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Nancy )
Nancy oversaw our protocol, but with the amount of ultrasounds and blood draws much of our kudos go to Amy and the other ultrasound techs for being so kind and gentle and informative.
Describe your experience with Emory University Reproductive Center.
The physicians and nurses were amazing. We had some issues with the customer experience coordinator getting us information and communicating in a timely manner in regards to our insurance coverage and options. We also had to beg to pay and the bills are overly complicated.
Because there were two people invovled, and we have seperate insurance, my IVF protocol was covered outside my $1500 copay. My wife's insurance did not have fertility coverage but she was given a discount. All in for 6 IUI and 1 IVF we spent just over $20,000 including donor sperm.
We only had 2 make it to Day 5, only one was transferred.

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
combination of empathy and competence makes her [Dr. Kawwass] uniquely suited to excel as a reproductive endocrinologist, an area of medicine where emotions run high. Her confidence was contagious and reassuring...Come prepared with any and all questions--she will take the time to answer all of them and make sure you have the information you need...was very attentive to my wife's risk for OHSS, and the protocol was adjusted to maximize the retrieval number while minimizing risk. 75 Menopur, 150 Folistim, Ganirelix, Pregnyl trigger. One frozen embryo was transferred to me after BCPs, leuprolide acetate, estrogen patches (up to 4 every other day), 200ml IM progesterone, and prometrium vaginal suppositories 3 times/day.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr. Kawwass is hands-down one of the best, if not THE best, doctors we have ever had in any specialty. Her combination of empathy and competence makes her uniquely suited to excel as a reproductive endocrinologist, an area of medicine where emotions run high. Her confidence was contagious and reassuring.
Dr. Kawwass always knew us and our history before meeting with us. She demonstrated genuine compassion and concern for our previous pregnancy-related complications, and she inspired confidence in her treatment plan and our ultimate success.
Dr. Kawwass was very attentive to my wife's risk for OHSS, and the protocol was adjusted to maximize the retrieval number while minimizing risk. 75 Menopur, 150 Folistim, Ganirelix, Pregnyl trigger. One frozen embryo was transferred to me after BCPs, leuprolide acetate, estrogen patches (up to 4 every other day), 200ml IM progesterone, and prometrium vaginal suppositories 3 times/day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Emory University Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Mary)
My primary nurse changed mid-treatment because my original nurse (Lutissa) left the clinic. My care was not interrupted, and Mary and Nancy picked up where Lutissa left off. Nancy is little more no-nonsense and is reluctant to classify any symptoms or experiences as "normal". I appreciated her willingness to distinguish when patients should or should not be concerned. Mary is very kind, compassionate, encouraging, and competent. Her answers to questions were always reassuring and optimistic (when appropriate). Even when sharing mixed news (e.g. a great, thick lining but a low serum E2), she was reassuring.
Describe your experience with Emory University Reproductive Center.
Strengths: The doctors and their team approach to treatment. The nurses, including the night/weekend nurse Michelle (she was always open to answering questions and providing adequate context and explanation). Weaknesses: The billing and financial side of the house. While very friendly, communication could have been better. It is strangely difficult to pay them because you have to hunt down this one person (Tereon, who is never at her desk) to take your information instead of paying online or having a centralized number where multiple people could take your CC info. I recommend double-checking your insurance claims for accuracy.
Dr. Kawwass clearly conveyed that a singleton live birth is considered success by the Emory Reproductive Center. It was highly recommended that we transfer one embryo since we did PGS. We felt confident in this decision.

2015 - 2019
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
communication style is very direct, which I appreciate, but we did not connect [to Dr. Kawass] on any other level which made it difficult to hear one another. Later experiences improved but I always have the sense that I'm viewed as that crazy patient that didn't follow orders - even when there was no possibility of that happening financially at the time...If you're the type of person that just wants to be told what to do - she's incredible...
2015 - 2019
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
My surgical procedure was successful but the after care was not as aggressive as it could have been. Other procedures included hormones and other precautions to avoid the condition returning. Her communication style is very direct, which I appreciate, but we did not connect on any other level which made it difficult to hear one another. Later experiences improved but I always have the sense that I'm viewed as that crazy patient that didn't follow orders - even when there was no possibility of that happening financially at the time.
..."don't come back to me a year from now saying you're ready to try IVF"... it was a devastating appointment. Not to mention we received a call from the pharmacy to pick up shots we weren't ready to use before we even left the parking lot. We did choose to take things slow after surgery... and she may have been right on the money about our timing but it isn't just about what works on paper. Knowing now just how much IUI costs add up and contemplating IVF and what it may do to our savings, there was no way we could have afforded it then. It will be financial restrictions in the end that may keep us from building our family - which is unfair and unacceptable. That said, on that day I felt like I was in danger of ruining someone's success record instead of someone who came in ready to take part in my treatment.
Pills to bring on cycle Ultrasounds HSG and SHG Surgery to address unexplained adhesion Did not order hormone regimen or balloon cath Suggested 2 immediate rounds of IUI followed by IVF within 4 months post op
Emory is a teaching hospital. Be prepared to handle that. Everyone is wonderful but some are still learning and it makes for some interesting experiences. If you're not up for making room for that, this is not your clinic.
Describe your experience with Emory University Reproductive Center.
Teaching environment often leaves a lot to be desired... the little things. And sometimes getting told there may be 4 people in the room or a simple ultrasound taking longer because the tech doesn't have enough experience to get in and get out. Everyone is friendly but there is not one standard for the clinic. As an example - one of my nurses knows that slow follicle growth is still growth and will explain exactly what is happening. Another of the nurses told me there was "no response" because my activity didn't meet the standards on paper. This is the kind of news that can send you under a blanket for days!! You have to advocate for yourself EVERY step of the way here and that is difficult to navigate when treatments are new and the process is a mystery.
Atlanta

I came into the treatment knowing I would be a poor responder to meds due to my high FSH and very low AMH. ... Dr. Kawwass talked to me on the phone and helped calm me down. She did not make me feel hopeless like previous doctors. She said we would change up the protocol and that everyone was different and we would find something that worked for me.
European, South Asian
I found doctor Kawwass after trying 2 other clinics int he area and the experience was night and day. I came into the treatment knowing I would be a poor responder to meds due to my high FSH and very low AMH. When my first attempts at injections did not produce the results I was hoping for Dr. Kawwass talked to me on the phone and helped calm me down. She did not make me feel hopeless like previous doctors. She said we would change up the protocol and that everyone was different and we would find something that worked for me. Sure enough we did and this has resulted in my first pregnancy ever. Dr. Kawwass's empathy and kindness were a shining light in a scary and difficult time.
Dr. Kawwass will be realistic but also positive about your treatment options. Trust her. She is very knowledgeable and professional.
This is why I had switched clinics 2 times previously. I never felt like a number at Emory. Each treatment is an individualized approach with a doctor who cares about you and your results.
1st attempt (IUI) we used letrozole and I produced 3 mature follicles. The IUI was unsuccessful. 2nd (IVF) attempt we used an antagonist protocol with birth control pills. This resulted in only one follicle maturing and we converted to an IUI which was unsuccessful. 3rd attempt (IVF) we changed up my med protocol to estrogen patches (fearing the birth control pills had over suppressed me) Chlomid for 5 days and then lower doses of meds (75 Menopur and 150 Follistim) This resulted in 7 eggs, 6 mature, 2 good quality and transferred back on day 3. 9 weeks of pregnancy with 1 singleton. So far ultrasounds are going well and I have been released to choose regular obgyn.
Very prompt responses. Knowledgeable. I always felt safe trusting their advice and recommendations.
Describe your experience with Emory University Reproductive Center.
Emory does not discriminate based on your initial hormone levels or prognosis. They do not refuse treatment. Even though they are not choosing preferred patients (which is how I felt about the other clinics) their success rates are still some of the highest out there. I was treated by multiple doctors there and I was confident and trusting that each one knew exactly what they were doing and treated me with the upmost care. They each treated me as if they were my primary doctor and this is what has resulted in my pregnancy.
Cost for IUI, meds, and procedure totaled approximately 20-21K
I am very happy we went with a day 3, qty 2 embryo transfer. None of mine made it to freeze and I think the early transfer was what was best for them. They took time to warn me about the chance of multiples.
Atlanta

Dr. Kawwass is compassionate and enthusiastic. She makes the process seem routine and takes the scary out of it. She explains her diagnoses and treatments so that it can be easily understood and makes herself readily available to answer questions in a timely manner.... Dr. Kawwass is a firm believer in eSET for first timers without obvious fertility issues identified.
Bring your positive attitude!
Dr. Kawwass is warm and detailed in her appointments. She is encouraging and explains everything in a way that is easy to understand. Her staff are quick to respond to communication. The only downside has been hold ups with the insurance coverage and starting treatment but since this is a newly covered service I imagine the process will improve in speed, efficiency, and know how very quickly!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Emory University Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Nancy)
The nursing staff and care coordinator are very responsive and knowledgeable. They work quickly to keep things moving and are compassionate and caring. They always follow through with requests.
Describe your experience with Emory University Reproductive Center.
The clinic is clean and calm. The staff are warm and inviting. I never felt like it was super busy and I was never rushed through any of my appointments. I felt like the staff truly cares about me and my family. Once you get established you feel like you are also a part of the clinic family!
All of the diagnostics for infertility were covered in full by my insurance. I was then fortunately notified by Dr. Kawwass the my IVF would be newly covered by my insurance if I could wait 3 months until the next calendar year when benefits were expanded to include IVF. With insurance coverage I paid a $1500 copay and then out of pocket for assisted hatching ($1700) for a total of $3200. My stimulation cycle medications cost an additional $500.
Atlanta

Dr. Kawwass felt like we needed to transfer both of our embryos at the same time given my age and to get us pregnant. It worked with 1 of them!...asked us in depth questions other doctors had not asked. She was very sensitive to what we had been through with 1 failed IVF cycle and didn't make huge promises. She was always very candid and cautious but optimistic. Her kind and genuine demeanor made us feel like she cared about us and wasn't trying to "sell" IVF to us or any process. She let us decide how we wanted to try to get pregnant.
Dr. Kawwass loves what she does and it shows. She immediately assessed the diagnosis of our previous doctor and informed me I was not in pre-menopause as the other doctor had stated. She was clear that we had some unexplained reasons for not getting pregnant but checked on things the other doctor hadn't. She was great about reviewing our previous medical history and results and made changes to the protocol that I firmly believe got us pregnant. Her kindness and directness made us feel like she wasn't "selling" us and wanted to make sure we were taking the road we actually wanted to take.
Call her ASAP if you are having issues getting pregnant. She will be honest about your results and will dive into many aspects of your health and medical history to try and find the true reason behind your infertility. She's also extremely sensitive to how hard the process is and you feel like she cares and wants to help.
Dr. Kawwass asked us in depth questions other doctors had not asked. She was very sensitive to what we had been through with 1 failed IVF cycle and didn't make huge promises. She was always very candid and cautious but optimistic. Her kind and genuine demeanor made us feel like she cared about us and wasn't trying to "sell" IVF to us or any process. She let us decide how we wanted to try to get pregnant.
Dr. Kawwass put me on the max dosage of the stimulation medications, used estrogen patches instead of birth control to set my hormone levels and also put me on the max progesterone injections. Her methods were to get as many eggs as she could given my age.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Emory University Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Lisa Anderson)
Our nurse, care coordinator and all of the nursing staff were so kind. They all were pleasant each day we were at their office and knew me by name after my second appointment. I felt like I was in a family's home not a doctor's office due to the intimate nature of their office and quick wait time for each appointment.
Describe your experience with Emory University Reproductive Center.
The clinic is great about scheduling where you do not wait long at all. I've been to other doctor's where you felt like you were in a "baby mill" because of all of the people waiting. The only weakness is the parking of the Midtown office, but that's to be expected with Atlanta!
Our insurance had infertility coverage so the costs with Dr. Kawwass were pleasantly smaller than our last experience without insurance.
3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Our experience with [Dr.] Kawwass was magnificent. She treated our whole picture - not only our GC treatment...took the time to review what the next moves for me as a patient would be, as well as placing our sweet embryo ever so perfectly to give us our sweet baby girl who we strived for over a 5 year journey... I felt she not only listened to what I had to say, including my history and my goals, but used that information to provide her opinions regarding my care rather than letting me steer the ship, or ignore me entirely. I feel Dr. Kawwass was unique in providing me with care you don't usually see these days. She really cared.
3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Kawwass was a part of the end of our journey, as our journey began a few years prior to landing in her care after transferring clinics and our original doctor leaving the practice. At first we were disappointed our doctor was leaving at such a pivotal point in our care (transfer to gestational carrier); however, after meeting Dr. Kawwass we were smitten! She was so kind, professional, empathetic and informative. She really listened to our history and provided insight into our whole picture - my care, as well as our GC. I am proud to say she will continue to be our doctor throughout our fertility journey, should/when we decide to pursue another transfer in the future.
I encourage anyone seeking fertility treatment to take an active part in their journey. Ask the questions that come to mind, and digest the information given to you fully. You have a say, and can decide what treatments you do and do not wish to take part in. The doctors, especially Kawwass, will guide you in whatever direction they feel is best based on the facts presented to them, but this is a partnership, so don't be shy to speak up if you want to explore other treatment options (fresh vs. frozen, IUI vs IVF, etc.
I have previously felt I have been treated like a number, but not by Dr. Kawwass. I felt she not only listened to what I had to say, including my history and my goals, but used that information to provide her opinions regarding my care rather than letting me steer the ship, or ignore me entirely. I feel Dr. Kawwass was unique in providing me with care you don't usually see these days. She really cared.
Again, the majority of my journey was at another clinic, with Emory reviewing records and redoing a few tests they felt needed to be updated; therefore, I cannot provide a whole picture of Emory, as I came to them with frozen embryos. I originally saw a doctor which has since left Emory. That original doctor is who did my transfer, with Kawwass picking things up once we moved onto a gestational carrier. Our experience with Kawwass was magnificent. She treated our whole picture - not only our GC treatment. Dr. Kawwass took the time to review what the next moves for me as a patient would be, as well as placing our sweet embryo ever so perfectly to give us our sweet baby girl who we strived for over a 5 year journey. Obviously, the positive outcome helped, but aside from our wonderful outcome, we found Dr. Kawwass to be thorough with incredible bedside manner. She is highly intelligent and it shows in her treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Emory University Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Mary and Lutissa)
Both Mary and Lutissa were excellent. They were quick to respond to my many portal messages and passed messages along when needed. Mary stepped in when I needed additional care post release from ERC and I found that to be very heartwarming. She could have given me the run around, but did not, passing my message along to Dr. Kawwass when I needed to reach her.
Describe your experience with Emory University Reproductive Center.
Clinic's strengths are the doctors and the nurses. Their weaknesses is by far their financial team. I, like many patients I'm sure, had quite a time with their financial team, having to get the clinic's manager involved when I requested a simple financial statement showing the amounts paid and why. I was also double billed and had to go through several hoops to get this resolved, which is not something you have time to do when you are managing your gestational carrier's care.
Luckily, I had insurance that had infertility coverage; therefore, my out of pocket costs were somewhat low - thousands, rather than tens of thousands. Now, with a gestational carrier, you must pay out of pocket, which also was only thousands rather than tens of thousands when it came to the reproductive piece given we already had frozen embryos which were transferred from another clinic.
During our care, Emory transferred two embryos for our first attempt with them (third overall) and 1 embryo when transferring to our GC.

PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Dr Kawwass was very thorough and communicative. She took time to make sure I understood the process and had the support I needed. I didn’t see her every visit, but she did answer all emails and checked in on me frequently. She was a great patient advocate when I went in for surgeries and procedures... Clomid, femara and combined with metformin. IUIs as progressive treatment. Not recommended more than three, as results don’t improve. Injections as last resort given percentage of success balanced with cost vs other option.
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
The initial visit is overwhelming, and Dr Kawwass is straightforward, so ask as many questions as you want and she’ll take the time to go through everything.
Dr Kawwass took the time to hear my concerns and treat me as a human being. Her entire staff knew me, checked in on me and became my support system. Dr Kawwass always answered my emails and took the time I needed to answer all questions. She showed genuine care for me.
Sometimes the nurse could be disorganized - sending scripts to wrong pharmacy, not including all medications or miscalendaring dosages. That made me feel like a number. However, she took the time to speak with me at length several times a week to walk through instructions and always promptly corrected any issues.
Describe your experience with Emory University Reproductive Center.
I like that it’s a teaching clinic. Long wait times on day of appointment and schedulers frequently made errors. Make sure to confirm appointment time online. Billing is very confusing, but Tereon is helpful.
16k for retrieval and two transfers.
Preference for single transfer.

4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other, Unexplained
4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other, Unexplained
Dr. Kawwass and her entire staff were amazing. I had worked previously with two other doctors who either treated me like a number or their staff did. I was extremely stressed out and felt like I had to fight to get attention and the level of concern about my care that I expected. And then I met Dr. Kawwass. I can't imagine more patient-centered, positive, thoughtful, encouraging, professional care. She looked me in the eye, she followed through with questions, she was very empathetic, and her staff was all of those as well. The communication with the office (if you've been doing IVF, you know how important that is!) was fantastic, so easy, so reliable. I felt 100% safe in her care. I actually live quite far from Atlanta but ended up working with Dr. Kawwass because our donor lived close by, and I am so so glad I made that choice. Would recommend Dr. Kawwass (and her colleagues; I also worked a couple of times with Dr. Hipp) to anyone without reservation. That practice should be a model for all other fertility clinics.
Don't hesitate to connect with her! If you are at all questioning whether your current doctor is the right fit for you, meet Dr. Kawwass.
3 embryo transfers with donor egg. So sorry that I have forgotten my protocols, but Dr. Kawwass did make adjustments, and I think I don't remember the protocols because I trusted her judgment (not the case with my previous doctors).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Emory University Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Nancy Ellsworth)
My experience of IVF treatments was that communication with the staff was CRUCIAL. Nancy and the rest of the Emory team were amazing. They communicated very easily via the patient portal, which was critical for me because I was working in a fast-paced, meeting-heavy, open office, which meant I couldn't take phone calls whenever they might have come in. Emailing was key. I never felt my messages got lost -- people responded right away, and with excellent details, charts, etc. Phone calls also were extremely easy, and I never felt blocked from the people I was trying to reach. I felt very well looked after, and this communication made the whole process so much easier than it might have been in such a stressful, complicated experience. I worked with three other clinics during my whole fertility experience, and before I was at Emory I was **miserable** and so so so stressed out. It was awful. Emory provided the level of professional, patient-centered care every patient deserves. I am actually working on getting involved in healthcare advocacy in my community because I can't believe how poorly I was treated in the other clinics, and I want patients to know that care like what I received at Emory is possible, and they deserve it, too!
Describe your experience with Emory University Reproductive Center.
I think I covered this in the other sections of my review, but I think this clinic should be a model for all other fertility clinics. I hope they are honored by their professional community for their work. And I certainly hope that many many other patients are able to receive care from these wonderful practitioners.
$35K?
I believe the clinic recommends single embryo transfer.
Atlanta

I have not gone through my treatment plan with Dr. Kawwass yet as it will not start until January, but Dr. Kawwass is definitely providing a more individualized approach to my IVY cycle than my previous doctor. She has tailored my treatment based on my previous results. She will be increasing the dosage of my stimulation as well as performing a sonohysterogram prior to the IVF cycle.... She goes above and beyond for her patients and takes the time to meet with each patient and review any questions or concerns. She is extremely knowledgeable and informative regarding all parts of the process of fertility treatment.
I have only been a patient with Dr. Kawwass for a brief time, but already I have seen the excellent care she provides to her patients. She goes above and beyond for her patients and takes the time to meet with each patient and review any questions or concerns. She is extremely knowledgeable and informative regarding all parts of the process of fertility treatment.
She is always open to answering all questions so do not hold back anything.
Dr. Kawwass is extremely compassionate and truly individualizes the care she provides.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Emory University Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Lutissa)
I have not had extensive interaction with the care team yet but thus far they have been excellent in regards to communication, especially through the patient portal. They have been extremely thorough with instructions.
Describe your experience with Emory University Reproductive Center.
Again, I have not had extensive interaction with the clinic yet as I have only had my consultation and communication with nurses through the portal, but Emory truly seem like an excellent fertility clinic already. I am more hopeful and excited than I ever was with my previous clinic and that can mainly be attributed to the staff as well as the high level of care provided at Emory.
About $10,000 for an IVF cycle, not including medications.
Dr. Kawwass recommends eSET (at least in my case) for the best possible outcome and to avoid complications that twins my cause.
Atlanta

I loved ERC!!! Dr. Kawwass is very knowledgeable, informative, positive, and involved throughout the process. She takes the time to answer all of your questions, and is very upfront. We went through 3 stim cycles and after the second failed she even contacted me over the weekend to see how I was doing and to give recommendations for the next cycle – which was successful! I appreciate the fact that each stim cycle was different in terms of the medication protocol that was used. I could tell the team was reviewing my chart and making adjustments based on how my body responded each time. (The last reproductive center my husband and I were at kept using the same methods each time, and didn’t bother to alter anything even though we weren’t getting any results. It made us feel like they just wanted to keep our hopes up and take our money.)
Don't expect to see her every visit; however, you're in great hands with the other staff members who will be providing you with your primary care for that particular visit, i.e. sonographers and phlebotomists. If you happen to have more questions, they're great about asking you if you'd like to speak with a Nurse before you leave. She goes into great detail about your plan of action and how the overall process works during your intake appointment. You're in great hands with Dr. Kawwass.
I felt like a human because Dr. Kawwass contacted me over the weekend after a failed stim cycle to see how I was feeling, and to give me recommendations for the next cycle. I appreciate the fact that each protocol was changed based on how my body responded each time. They weren't choosing cookie-cutter protocols. They tailored them to meet my needs.
1st Stim Cycle - 75 iu Menopur 2x's/day, 450 units Follistim 1x/day - Produced 4 eggs, 0 fertilized, 2nd Stim Cycle - 75 iu Menopur 2x's/day, 450 units Follistim 1x/day, and Lupron - Did not produce eggs large enough for retrieval 3rd Stim Cycle - Clomid, menopur, 150 units follistim, Cetrotide - Produced 9 eggs, 7 fertilized, 4 embryos
The nurses were friendly and very thorough. My husband and I went through 3 cycles, and I would recommend that patients receive new schedules for each cycle. I didn't receive one my last cycle, and didn't know I was supposed to start taking one of my medications on a certain day because I was used to the nurse telling me and I typically had a sheet to follow. It was an error on both of our parts, but it was resolved quickly - I was able to get a new calendar via the portal.
Describe your experience with Emory University Reproductive Center.
Emory uses Patient Portal so patients and doctors can communicate. All of my messages were answered in a timely manner! It’s a very convenient system. The waiting room area is quiet, clean, and modern. The front desk staff is very professional and friendly! One thing I loved about Emory is that no matter who you saw that day as you checked in, got your ultrasound or lab work completed - EVERYONE was professional and friendly. To them you’re more than your patient number, you become a part of their family and they’re there to make sure all of your questions are answered and your journey is as pleasant as possible.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Emory University Reproductive Center.
Monitoring appointments were scheduled during the morning hours so they could contact you that afternoon about your status and when you should begin taking other meds or do your trigger shot. You simply checked in and you were buzzed back within 5 or so minutes for your ultrasound. The only time the wait was longer than usual was when the computer system was on the fritz. Other than that, the staff was always efficient.
ERC offers various financial packages. It depends on how many transfers and cycles you'd like to purchase.
The process explained to us was if we did a day 5 transfer, they'd transfer 1 embryo. If we did a day 3 transfer, they'd transfer 2 embryos. We were given the option to do a day 3 or 5 transfer.
Atlanta

Very knowledgeable and passionate. I felt very comfortable and confident working with her. She communicated well and did a great job explaining the details of the procedures and processes that we underwent.
Ask any and all questions that you have. She'll answer them and put you at ease.
The IVF orientation process at the Emory Reproductive Center is very thorough. Dr. Kawwass did a great job explaining everything in a way that we could understand. She took the time to answer any questions we had and made sure we were comfortable with the entire IVF process.
Dr. Kawwass prescribed a high dose protocol for egg stimulation including Menopur and Gonal F. Since we were diagnosed with unexplained infertility, she recommended that we do ICSI. My progesterone started to increase earlier than anticipated, so our retrieval was scheduled a few days earlier than anticipated. 10 eggs were retrieved, 5 were mature and only 2 fertilized. Due to only having 2 embryos, Dr. Kawwass recommended a day 2 transfer of both embryos. The Embryologist discussed the options of transferring 1 vs. 2 embryos the morning of the transfer. We decided to only transfer one and allow the other to mature to day 5 (which it did!) before freezing. After the transfer I used Estradiol patches and Progesterone shots. This IVF round was successful and I now have a 4 week old healthy baby boy!
Everyone was very compassionate, kind, and competent.
Describe your experience with Emory University Reproductive Center.
Very welcoming, friendly staff. Nice facility. It takes a 10-15 minutes to find a parking spot and travel from the parking deck to the clinic. Parking is $5. You get some parking vouchers during your IVF cycle when you're going quite often. The Emory Patient Portal makes it very easy to ask non-emergent questions of your Dr. and nurses at any time. They will reply to messages or call you after hours and on the weekends.
I am fortunate to have some insurance coverage for infertility and IVF services. We used the maximum amount of that benefit (I think it was $10,000). After insurance I believe we payed Emory about $13,000 plus $7,000 for medication.
Dr. Kawwass recommended we transfer both embryos since we only had 2 to increase our chances. The Embryologist discussed our options with us the morning of the transfer. My husband and I decided to only transfer one embryo and we are confident that was the correct decision for us.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Kawwass is amazing. It is clear she really loves what she does. She never rushed us and was sure to answer every question we had. She (and all the fellows) explain EVERYTHING so clearly. At all times you know exactly what they are doing, how and why they are doing it. It makes all of those invasive procedures feel better because you understand what is going on. Also, I love how knowledgeable Dr. Kawwass is in current fertility studies. The best way I can describe the kind of doctor she is, is by telling you about our failed transfer. This was our 2nd failed attempt, but first with her. The nurse from Emory called to give me the news as soon as the results came in, and told me Dr. Kawwass would call the next week (it was Friday). However, I got a call from Dr. Kawwass just to express her condolences and "send me a hug". This meant so much to me, I could tell she was truly upset by the result as well. She is so smart and compassionate if anyone is going to get me to the best end result, I believe it will be her.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
The doctors, and fellows are fabulous; however, you have to be on top of ordering you medicine on time. This may be more of an issue for me as I am an out of state patient and have to do outside monitoring. At my previous clinic my nurses were on top of the medication, showed you how to take it, and knew exactly where to order it. At Emory, I have to tell the nurses when I need the prescription increased and where to put the orders. With all that being said, I believe it is worth it to have the knowledge of the Emory doctors. One thing I love is all the doctors have a meeting to discuss your case, so you have the opinions of multiple doctors, not just one.
Emory is the second clinic we have gone to, but we visited 4 clinics total. From the first minute we met Dr. Kawwass she felt like a friend, not just a doctor. It was very clear she wanted us to have a baby, not just gain a new patient. Also, the waiting room is never full (like most private clinics), and I have never waited more than 10 minutes from my appointment time (usually they pull me back early).
For my IVF I was on the highest does of Gonal F (450 IU) and Menopur (150 IU). I ended up stimulating for 12 days, and we used Ganirelix for 5. This produced 12 follicles (almost twice the amount of my first IVF) and we got 9 eggs. Out of the 9 eggs, we got 7 embryos. After the retrieval, I began 2 estrogen patches (changed every other day) and 1mL Progesterone shot. We ended up transferring 2 fresh embryos on day 3, and freezing 4 embryos (one embryo did not make it to day 3). We decided to do this since there is so much attrition between day 3 and 5, and we really wanted some to freeze. We are now preparing for a Frozen transfer. All my meds have been increased. I will be building up to 4 estrogen patches before the transfer. We will also do 3 days of Ganirelix. After the transfer, we will continue the estrogen patches, 2mL Progesterone shot, and 3 progesterone tablets. Hopefully we will get a good result this time. This will be our first frozen transfer.
The nurses are all very nice and compassionate. I never saw many nurses, but talk to them a lot. I was not assigned a particular nurse to I have talked to many of them. As I mentioned earlier sometimes I have to help them with where all my prescriptions go, and if I need refills.
Describe your experience with Emory University Reproductive Center.
Strengths - Doctors, Fellows, and scheduling (they are open year round, which means weekend appointments, and IVF all year). Weaknesses - They don't hold your hand as much through the medication process. Again I stress, in my opinion the strengths outweigh the weaknesses by a mile.
I have good insurance, so my monitoring and medicine was covered. We purchased a plan through Emory that included IVF and 1 FET. This was approximately $14k. We also did ICSI ($1.5k) and Assisted Embryo Hatching ($1.5). My meds were just a $300 co-pay.
Dr. Kawwass, like most doctors, opts for a single embryo transfer. The only reason we did two was my previous two embryo transfer failed, and the fact we did a day 3 versus day 5 transfer. We will be unfreezing 2 embryos for the frozen transfer in case one does not make it.

IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Kawwass is a wonderful physician. She took the time to explain our treatment plan and options available to us. She personally called me multiple times to discuss our treatment plans. She understands the emotional toll IVF takes on a couple and I could tell that she genuinely cared about our feelings during the IVF process. It is rare to find a physician that is so incredibly smart/up to date and who also has a wonderful bedside manner...
IVF, Donor Eggs
I cannot say enough about how much my husband and I have enjoyed working with Dr. Kawwass. She always took the time to explain to us our treatment options and probability of success. We were always seen on time for our appointments, which is important if you have a busy work schedule. She is readily reachable via the patient portal, a phone call to the clinic, and through her nurse.
Trust her! She is up to date on the IVF literature and incredibly smart. She will not suggest something unless she thinks there is a reason to do so.
We had a hard time getting the lining of my uterus thick enough for transfer. We tried different estrogen combinations to thicken up my lining. I liked that the clinic adjusted my medications when I was not having success with the original protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Emory University Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Lutissa )
Lutissa is amazing! She is so responsive on the patient portal. I knew that if I wrote her she would get back to me within 24 hours (most of the time I had a response in a couple of hours). She gives very clear instructions and is incredibly knowledgable about treatment protocols. I knew that I was in good hands with her and she had excellent communication skills.
Describe your experience with Emory University Reproductive Center.
It is clean, the staff is incredibly friendly, the techs are wonderful, and the waiting room has great magazines and a TV. It is an academic hospital so expect to see residents and fellows around. All of the residents and fellows are wonderful. It is nice to receive care in an academic setting because you know that they will be providing the most up to date care. It is annoying to have to go all the way up to the 18th floor for a 10 minute monitoring appointment and you have to pay for parking which can get expensive.
Approximately 27K for a fresh donor egg cycle plus 1 FET cycle. 27K included the contact I purchased through ARC and the donor's medication
Atlanta

Dr. Kawwass was amazingly supportive and gave me her direct email address and phone number to use if I ever needed it. I did on occasion and she was always available to make the process easier on me. She wants you to succeed and is open to trying new approaches as treatments progress...
Jennifer Kawwass, and other Emory Reproductive Center doctors, seem conservative with their protocol for deciding how many embryos to transfer. I don't know this from personal experience, but have heard from friends of similar age and medical issues that there was more risk for multiples taken on during their treatments. I was only allowed to transfer two day 5 embryos after my second retrieval and two failed transfers. I have multiple friends who did two day 5 embryos (some even PGS screened) on their first retrieval and transfer.
After being diagnosed with unexplained infertility, I had four IUI's and two IVF egg retrievals with three embryo transfers performed at Emory Reproductive Center over the course of the last 1.5 years. None of the procedures resulted in a pregnancy. My primary doctor was Jennifer Kawwass. I chose to receive care from Emory because of their overall level of education and expertise compared to other clinics in the Atlanta area. Not only do you receive attention from some of the most highly qualified specialists in the country, but you also work with doctors doing fellowships who are young, bright, eager and up-to-date on the latest research. Between IUI's and IVF I went to GRS to receive IVF treatment (which didn't lead to pregnancy either) because I wanted to try somewhere new and different. But, I ended up going back to Emory because I felt that the doctors were smarter and more invested in my success. When treatments failed, I felt like they were experiencing the failure with me. The Emory system is big and bureaucratic, creating administrative and logistical hassles that you might not receive at other private clinics. But, for me, I decided I was ok dealing with them because at the end of the day what mattered most was the decisions my doctors made and the quality of the procedures I received from medical staff. Dr. Kawwass was amazingly supportive and gave me her direct email address and phone number to use if I ever needed it. I did on occasion and she was always available to make the process easier on me.
I did two retrievals with the same approach. Both utilized Lupron to suppress my ovaries and I stimulated egg production with Follistim AQ and Menopur. This worked very well and I had an excellent response both times. I was very, very happy with the egg retrieval outcome specifically, which created about 20 each time. At a different clinic (GRS) where I also did a retrieval, I had a different protocol that was much less successful. The unsuccessful protocol was Cetrotide to suppress ovaries with Menopur and Bravelle to stimulate egg production. On this protocol I grew a lead follicle that kept the others from maturing. I only got six eggs from that retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Emory University Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Helen)
For my second retrieval I was able to pick which nurse I wanted to work with. I chose Helen because I had previously met her and liked her style. For most of the communications during the retrieval and transfer processes, Helen was the person I spoke with or emailed with. She is attentive, response and accomplishes all the fundamental responsibilities of the primary nurse. There are other nursing staff at Emory that are not as helpful as Helen, but I did my best to avoid interacting with them and was mostly successful with this.
Describe your experience with Emory University Reproductive Center.
The Emory system is big and bureaucratic, creating administrative and logistical hassles that you might not receive at other private clinics. As a whole the nursing staff is not as educated or experienced in fertility medicine as the other clinic (GRS) I utilized. It didn't seem like the nurses had a specialty, per se, in fertility medicine which gave me pause and I ended up second guessing their directions. The Emory doctors, however, are amazing and the primary reason why I chose to receive treatment at the clinic. They seem to be some of the best and brightest minds in the field and also are emotionally invested in outcomes.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Kawwass was compassionate and warm in her interactions with us. She thoroughly explained the process and went over our chances with each method.... We were given the option of IUI or going straight to IVF. Since I didn’t want to be too aggressive in treatment just yet, figured IUI would be the best route.... Dr. Kawwass allowed us to be empowered in making our own decision yet while at the same time sharing our potential chances with the methods.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Kawwass was compassionate and great at educating us on our issues, options and risks. We felt confident that we were getting quality care from an educator that truly wanted to help us opposed to someone that was more interested in profit and hitting the highest numbers.
Be patient. This is a stressful process. But also ask as many questions needed. They have an online portal and you can email the staff and doctors your questions at any time. Very responsive.
Dr. Kawwass was compassionate and warm in her interactions with us. She thoroughly explained the process and went over our chances with each method. She didn’t talk down to us or made us feel uncomfortable. Nor did she make the practice feel like they were only there to take our money. They left decisions up to us and educated us on our options.
We were given the option of IUI or going straight to IVF. Since I didn’t want to be too aggressive in treatment just yet, figured IUI would be the best route. I do have endometriosis and should have just jumped into IVF. But Dr. Kawwass allowed us to be empowered in making our own decision yet while at the same time sharing our potential chances with the methods. We didn’t feel pressured which helped a lot. After IUI did not work, we went with IVF and treatment was not adjusted too much from what was planned.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Emory University Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Lois)
Overall the nursing staff was great. They all were very helpful and answered questions when I had them.
Describe your experience with Emory University Reproductive Center.
The clinic staff is great! They all were very friendly and accommodating. Had no issues with billing. And when we were financially responsible for certain parts of our treatment, they did share with us early on that we would owe out of pocket. So I appreciated the transparency and letting me know when items were covered or not. Scheduling can be a bit of a challenge because it is through their central switchboard. Or at least it was when I last had treatment here. That can be inconvenient if you need to get an appointment as soon as possible.
It’s nice that you had a set appointment time. But tough when it’s only during certain hours. The patient has to be flexible.
Very reasonable. I have a friend who went through IVF same time I did and she was at another clinic. I learned she paid a lot more than I did and she was shocked how expensive her clinic was. Also fortunate that my insurance also covered the ultrasounds.
Reasoning was justified due to my age and endometriosis.
Atlanta

She [Dr Jennifer Kawwass] is such a real, authentic person who genuinely loves what she does and wants to see every patient succeed and become pregnant. Also, she is very knowledgeable and competent. I crave physicians who are up to date on literature, protocol, recommendations. This is also something that attracted me to Emory in the first place. Jennifer, and all the doctors at Emory RE, genuinely care about their patients.
Oh, man! I provided specific examples in my previous narrative.
I don't have anything bad to say. Dr. Kawwass is an excellent, competent, compassionate physician, who ALSO has a sense of humor! I forgot to add that previously.
During our consult to begin IVF, Jennifer said something like, "because this is so emotionally charged"... it was then I began crying, BECAUSE THIS IS. I love that she acknowledged that and kept that in mind as she walked us through the entire process. She is such a real, authentic person who genuinely loves what she does and wants to see every patient succeed and become pregnant. Also, she is very knowledgeable and competent. I crave physicians who are up to date on literature, protocol, recommendations. This is also something that attracted me to Emory in the first place. Jennifer, and all the doctors at Emory RE, genuinely care about their patients.
I don't remember the KIND of protocol we used with IVF/ICSI. I do remember that I was on the max doses of Follistim and Menopur, twice a day. When I did research online of other women with DOR, I noticed that my protool was very conservative and aggressive. We got 8 eggs, and 4 embryos, one transferred on day 5 resulting in a baby girl born in April 2016. Update From My Clinic: "You were on a maximum dose standard down regulation lupron protocol. (Lupron, FSH 225 twice a day and menopur 75 twice a day). We chose this protocol because of your diminished ovarian reserve - we anticipated that you would need a high dose."
Describe your experience with your nurse at Emory University Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Lutissa Parker)
Lutissa was really wonderful, calm, reassuring, and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Emory University Reproductive Center.
Some difficult things about Emory are getting there, parking, and PAYING FOR PARKING, and hoofing it to the 18th floor. The great thing is, everyone there is super great about you being late for appts, because, Atlanta.
I believe a fresh cycle costs 14, 500k.

Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Kawwass is compassionate, caring and sensitive to the needs of patients experiencing trouble conceiving the child they desire... Initially we tried a low dose of letrozole for ovulation induction with timed intercourse for two cycles. That did not work so we then tried letrozole with IUI. Each cycle my husband's semen count was lower and lower which led her to refer him for evaluation too.
Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Kawwass is compassionate, caring and sensitive to the needs of patients experiencing trouble conceiving the child they desire. She is there when you need her. She helps you get through the tough times and celebrate the victories.
Come prepared with questions, goals and objectives. She is open and honest and will answer all of your questions to the best of her ability.
She cared about my personal journey, getting to know both my husband and I and our goals and desires.
Initially we tried a low dose of letrozole for ovulation induction with timed intercourse for two cycles. That did not work so we then tried letrozole with IUI. Each cycle my husband's semen count was lower and lower which led her to refer him for evaluation too. Now we are in the process of proceeding with IVF since four IUIs did not result in pregnancy.
All of the nurses are caring and thorough. They respond promptly and answer questions well. They are on your team rooting for you to succeed throughout the process. They are an integral part of the care team and experience.
Describe your experience with Emory University Reproductive Center.
The clinic is strong in research, IVF and availability. They are able to get a substantial number of patients pregnant through treatment cycles. They are weak in availability sometimes on the weekends.
My insurance does not cover most infertility costs so medications were not covered but ultrasounds and IUIs were. I had to pay for all medications and any other things that were part of the IVF process
Dr. Kawwass is very clear about the need for eSET and recommends it avidly throughout your care.
Atlanta

Dr. Kawwass is good communicator and has warm bedside manners. She did explain the issue at hand and specified the risk associated with the process. Getting an appointment with the doctor is tough as she is quite busy....Clomid 24 Hr prior to process Injection in the stomach IUI... Clinic is quite neat and well maintained but is located in a sky scraper, the elevator of which is very annoying. The place is more expensive than other places so unless one is covered by Insurance one should look for other places
Ask Dr. Kawwass to perform the procedure herself rather than giving it to some nurse
Her words were encouraging and she tried to calm me as well as explain the issue at hand.
Clomid 24 Hr prior to process Injection in the stomach IUI
840 for IUI
Atlanta

Dr. Kawwass was wodnderful, she explained everything to my husband and I. She took the time to ask how we were and to discuss everything I wanted to know. We could call or message her with all questions...I was talked to as a human, sat down with, talked to on the phone and really respected through the process...Don’t feel embarrassed to ask, she’s there to help you.
Don’t feel embarrassed to ask, she’s there to help you.
The nursing staff made me feel so comfortable and helped me in anyway they could.
Describe your experience with Emory University Reproductive Center.
The clinic was very easy to work with as well as to access the needed information. The front office staff was friendly and helpful and made me feel comfortable every time I came in. They helped me get through such a hard time. I have already referred several friends to the clinic.
Atlanta

Our experience with Dr. Kawwass was nothing less than grandiose, magnificent, and terrific. My husband and I were treated with loving care. We never felt like a number within the system.... Dr. Kawwass was always smiling and hugged me each time that she saw me. She even took the time to call me herself at times.... I think I saw Dr. Kawwass tear up lol but do not tell her that I said that. IVF SUCCESS on the first try Amazing Staff Four months pregnant
Our experience with Dr. Kawwass was nothing less than grandiose, magnificent, and terrific. My husband and I were treated with loving care. We never felt like a number within the system. Claudia always greeted us with a smile even at 7:00 AM in the mornings. The patient ladies who drew my blood were amazing, and I am a difficult stick. The nurse, Michelle, she was a pure angel. Dr. Kawwass was always smiling and hugged me each time that she saw me. She even took the time to call me herself at times. Yes, that is right she would call as well to check on me. The only issue that is experiencing is that now that we are pregnant and had to graduate someone else it is difficult to find another doctor and staff to live up to ERC’s standards. 😊 This place really set the bar high. On the day of graduation, I think I saw Dr. Kawwass tear up lol but do not tell her that I said that. IVF SUCCESS on the first try Amazing Staff Four months pregnant
If you haven't tried ERC you must give them a try.
IVF Injections/Patches SUCCESS on the first try Four months pregnant
Describe your experience with your nurse at Emory University Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Nurse Michelle)
Nurse Michelle was incredibly charismatic. She was such a joy to be around. When I was worried, she helped to put my mind at ease. She loves leopard too.
Describe your experience with Emory University Reproductive Center.
Everything was so organized and squeaky clean. There was never an issue with getting an appointment. My husband and I paid out of pocket for IVF. It was worth every penny. They didn't behave like cash cows and was after people's money. It was evident that they wanted success for others and their families. They understood due to the high stakes and the emotions that come along with trying to conceive. They never got upset when I had so many questions. Boy did I have questions, and they were right there.
Roughly $40,000.