Medical SchoolMichigan St
215-887-2010
360 Middletown Blvd. Suite 400 Oxford Square Complex
Langhorne, PA 19047
215-887-2010
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jennifer Nichols to a friend?

9.7

6.3

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Abington Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
2012 - 2019
Dr. Nichols was amazing from our first appointment to our last one. She listens without interrupting. Answers the most insane questions without judgement. Is willing to try anything. Will explain information countless times until you understand. She’s compassionate, positive, friendly and understanding...I have PCOS and do not ovulate on my own. We started with an injectible cycle that was turned to an IVF cycle when I overproduced follicles. We did a fresh transfer, and then four frozen transfers before a positive pregnancy. When trying for a second, we attempted one round of IUI with IVF being recommended moving forward...I was diagnosed with a bicornuate uterus. Nichols only recommended one embryo at a time for my safety
Nurses [at Abington Reproductive Medicine] were incredibly helpful. Would offer free samples if available, because they knew we struggled to keep up with paying for everything...Strengths of the office would be the availability of doctors appointments and the communication with the nurses. They take the time to explain everything in greater detail. The only weakness is when you call, there is only one number for all of the offices. So you may not get the office you normally visit and will have to leave a message and wait until later in the day for a call back.
2012 - 2019
How was your experience with Jennifer Nichols at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Nichols at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Don’t be afraid to say anything! It’s a judgement free zone with Dr Nichols.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Nichols at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Nichols was incredible at making you feel like she was fighting right along with you. She was positive but realistic.
Describe the protocols Jennifer Nichols used in your cycles at Abington Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Nurses were incredibly helpful. Would offer free samples if available, because they knew we struggled to keep up with paying for everything.
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Nichols at Abington Reproductive Medicine.
Around $20,000?
Describe Jennifer Nichols's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Abington Reproductive Medicine.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jennifer Nichols at Abington Reproductive Medicine.

Dr. Nichols was supportive and compassionate. She oversaw my testing and I got pregnant on my first IUI try. She then preformed weekly ultrasounds until I graduated at 10 weeks. She was good about explaining what was on the screen and answering any questions I had about what to expect...My uterine lining got thin so they decided I should start taking baby aspirin and use Letrozole instead of Clomid for the IUI.
[Nurses at Abington were] Very warm and compassionate...I had a very positive experience overall. No issues with nurses, doctors or scheduling. They have multiple offices which is nice because they cover a lot of locations. My IUI itself was done at Abington Hospital...Dr. Nichols was supportive and compassionate. She oversaw my testing and I got pregnant on my first IUI try. She then preformed weekly ultrasounds until I graduated at 10 weeks. She was good about explaining what was on the screen and answering any questions I had about what to expect.
I feel that you can trust her and she understands what you are going through.
Dr Nichols was kind, caring and compassionate. I was actually sad to leave the practice when I graduated at 10 weeks.
I did one month of testing before getting the IUI the following month. The testing started with baseline blood work and an ultrasound. They said my uterus and ovaries looked good. I had 5 follicles on one side and 7 on the other. I started taking CoQ10 & Vitamin D at that time. I then did the Clomid Challenge. I had a saline hysterosalpingogram (HSG) to evaluate my fallopian tubes and the shape of my uterus. I had a saline sonogram to evaluate the inside of the uterine cavity for polyps, fibroids, and/or scar tissue and I also got an endometrial biopsy of my uterine lining and a blood test for FSH. Finally I got another ultrasound and blood work to test my ovulation in response to the clomid. My uterine lining got thin so they decided I should start taking baby aspirin and use Letrozole instead of Clomid for the IUI. I also had 2 matured follicles which was a little nerve-wracking because I didn't want twins. The next month I took the letrozole instead and when I went in for my ultrasound my follicle matured and I was ready. I got my Ovadrel shot to induce ovulation and set my IUI for the next day. It worked and I got pregnant on the first try.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Abington Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Liz)
Very warm and compassionate
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
I believe the testing cycle was $1000 and the insemination was $215.

1 IVF, Surrogacy
Uterine Fibroids, Other
Dr. Nichols is so down to earth, kind & compassionate. She makes you feel like you are her top priority and spends a lot of time with you at each appointment. She shared her own IVF journey with us and it was really helpful knowing what to expect and feeling like she truly understood the process we were embarking on...My wife & I did reciprocal IVF so we had different protocols... I ended up having an ovarian cyst and needed surgery before the transfer, so it set us back a month - the reason was that the cyst could cause a problem while I was pregnant. I had a very healthy pregnancy, so I'm glad we went through with the surgery.
We never had to wait for an ultrasound and appointments were easy to book [at Toll Center for Reproductive Sciences]...we had to pay out of pocket for the egg retrieval and transfer...some medications were covered under insurance. We also had to pay for genetic counseling, genetic testing and we had to see a therapist because we were using donor sperm (didn't take insurance). We also had to purchase donor sperm...Liz was very on top of things but wasn't very warm - she was super professional which is very important in a nurse.
1 IVF, Surrogacy
Uterine Fibroids, Other
Dr. Nichols is so down to earth, kind & compassionate. She makes you feel like you are her top priority and spends a lot of time with you at each appointment. She shared her own IVF journey with us and it was really helpful knowing what to expect and feeling like she truly understood the process we were embarking on. So grateful to her!
Don't be afraid to ask questions - she is more than happy to sit down and make you feel good and calm about your journey.
Dr. Nichols went above and beyond to make us feel cared for and acknowledged. She shared her own fertility journey with us to prepare us for the IVF process. We ended up being pregnant at the same time and developed a friendship throughout the process. We are so beyond grateful for her!!!
My wife & I did reciprocal IVF so we had different protocols. I ended up having an ovarian cyst and needed surgery before the transfer, so it set us back a month - the reason was that the cyst could cause a problem while I was pregnant. I had a very healthy pregnancy, so I'm glad we went through with the surgery.
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
LOVED our clinic. We were lucky to live close to one of their smaller locations (they have several offices), so we never had to wait when we arrived for our appointment.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Abington Reproductive Medicine.
We never had to wait for an ultrasound and appointments were easy to book.
We had copays for each visit, we had to pay out of pocket for the egg retrieval and transfer, some medications and some medications were covered under insurance. We also had to pay for genetic counseling, genetic testing and we had to see a therapist because we were using donor sperm (didn't take insurance). We also had to purchase donor sperm.
We wanted to reduce our risk of twins, so we only transferred 1 embryo and we were blessed that it worked on the first try. Our doctors agreed this was a smart course of action!

IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Jennifer and the other physicians and nurses in the practice really took the time to get to know my husband and myself... Nurses always called back immediately, and Dr. Nichols always answered emails promptly. No one ever made me feel rushed, and no one ever seemed annoyed or frustrated by my constant question-asking.
IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr. Nichols was a breath of fresh air after my previous fertility doctor...she was patient and kind, and she went out of her way to make my husband and me feel comfortable and to make sure that she was addressing all of our concerns. She responded to emails and calls quickly and comprehensively, and she never condescended to either of us. When my husband's and my identical twins were born a few weeks ago, Dr. NIchols was one of the first people we wanted to contact!
Don't assume that because she is a DO she is any less qualified than the MDs in her office...Dr. Nichols is extremely intelligent, deeply kind, and a joy to work with.
Jennifer and the other physicians and nurses in the practice really took the time to get to know my husband and myself. Before starting injections, for example, a nurse sat down with me for over two hours to ensure I felt comfortable mixing and administering all of the medications. Nurses always called back immediately, and Dr. Nichols always answered emails promptly. No one ever made me feel rushed, and no one ever seemed annoyed or frustrated by my constant question-asking.
The nurses made the clinic experience a positive one. Every single one of the nurses I met with were compassionate, sensitive, patient, and smart. They took the time to ensure I understood how to administer all injections, they called back within an hour or two when I had questions about anything, and they patiently worked with my schedule to ensure the timing of our cycle worked with my husband and myself.

2010 - 2011
She [Dr. Nichols] treated my a real person. She was honest and blunt but caring. I felt almost more like I was speaking with a friend than a physician. She was not condescending and I never felt like she pittied me. She was knowledgeable and I felt confident in her care...Of all the doctors that i saw at the clinic Dr. Nichols was by far my favorite. I felt the most comfortable in her care and I felt like she knew me the best. I felt like she truly cared about me...
It is a large clinic [Abington Repro - Toll- Ldale] with multiple doctors. The only downside to the clinic is that you never know who will be doing you procedure and it is a bit of luck of the draw but it is understandable with such unpredictable procedure time lines and so many patients...
2010 - 2011
Don't give up
She treated my a real person. She was honest and blunt but caring. I felt almost more like I was speaking with a friend than a physician. She was not condescending and I never felt like she pittied me. She was knowledgeable and I felt confident in her care.
The nurses were all very friendly and knew me well (since I was at the clinic A LOT). I definitely developed a relationship with them. They were always very professional and caring.
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
It is a large clinic with multiple doctors. The only downside to the clinic is that you never know who will be doing you procedure and it is a bit of luck of the draw but it is understandable with such unpredictable procedure time lines and so many patients.
+ Read more- Read less
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
I liked her [Dr. Jennifer Nichols]...she was encouraging and I do believe that she cared for my case. Was responsive when I needed help and generally got back to me quickly...I think she thought I was going to be successful even thought I wasn’t.
[Abington Reproductive Medicine- Abington was] Very large. Sometimes difficult to get appts. Front desk staff good as was finincial coordinator. Several doctors and I think they all review cases. Hard to tell if that was done. I would have liked more specific information about each step. I need a lot of info...They [nurses] were generally good. Just a lot of them
I liked her she was encouraging and I do believe that she cared for my case. Was responsive when I needed help and generally got back to me quickly I think she thought I was going to be successful even thought I wasn’t.
She’s very kind
They were generally good. Just a lot of them

Uterine Fibroids, Other, Unexplained
Dr. Nichols was warm, patient, and took the time to explain the process with us. She also took the time to answer all of my questions and concerns in depth. I couldn’t have asked for a better, more personal experience....Don’t be afraid to ask anything. She won’t judge you and she’ll take the time to walk you through anything you’re concerned about....The clinic was clean and all of the staff were helpful. Everything went off without a hitch.
The clinic was clean and all of the staff were helpful. Everything went off without a hitch. We were very happy with our decision to go to Abington Reproductive. I honestly don’t have any criticisms. We had a wonderful experience....They were warm, answered all of my questions and treated me kindly throughout the whole process....I couldn’t have asked for a better, more personal experience....Dr. Nichols was warm, patient, and took the time to explain the process with us.
Uterine Fibroids, Other, Unexplained
Everyone involved was warm, patient and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Nichols was open to doing two embryos if that was what my husband and I wanted, but she recommended only transferring the strongest so that we wouldn’t risk multiples.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Nichols is very nice and very sympathetic, but I rarely saw or spoke to her. I felt like I was dealing with everything on my own. She was not available to speak to on a regular basis, or to ask questions...I went in for baseline bloodwork multiple times, a few ultrasounds, a biopsy, a test on my uterus and another test on my Fallopian tubes. My tests were inconclusive and I did not conceive...I am very upset and not sure what to expect going forward.
It's very difficult to get in touch with anyone at this office [Abington Reproductive Medicine], especially the doctors...There is only one nurse at this location who is friendly, helpful, and sympathetic, and her name is Maria. The rest of the staff are abrupt, unsympathetic, rude, very difficult to talk to and ask questions about procedures, and expect you to rearrange your schedule on 1 day notice...They rush you in and out, there's no one to ask about what happens next or why I am having to give blood again. It just feels like no one cares about you or your struggles.
Dr. Nichols is very nice and very sympathetic, but I rarely saw or spoke to her. I felt like I was dealing with everything on my own. She was not available to speak to on a regular basis, or to ask questions. It's very difficult to get in touch with anyone at this office, especially the doctors.
Get a second opinion before you proceed
Dr. Nichols is very nice, very sympathetic.
The first appointment is very upsetting because a lot of information was thrown at me. It was difficult to digest. Everything is also on an extremely rigid timeline because everything is done within your cycle. This is briefly mentioned, but the ups and downs are not explained in depth. I went in for baseline bloodwork multiple times, a few ultrasounds, a biopsy, a test on my uterus and another test on my Fallopian tubes. My tests were inconclusive and I did not conceive.
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
I can't speak to the strengths because I have no experience with another reproduction clinic, but I will say that you are treated as a random number, the receptionist (at Langhorne) is rude, unprepared, has no answers ever, and eats at her desk constantly.
$70 copay every time, in addition to medication costs (shot for ovulation, clomid, antibiotic)
I am still seeing Dr. Nichols, but so far, I am very upset and not sure what to expect going forward.