Nurse available by email
FellowshipMayo
3502 9th St
Lubbock, TX 79415
806.743.4256
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jennifer Phy to a friend?

5.7

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center for Fertility & Reproductive Surgery to a friend?
Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
The main nurse I worked with [at Texas Tech Center for Fertility and Reproductive Surg] her name is Crystal. She was amazing answering all my questions even when I felt like they were silly. All the other nurses were fabulous as well. Each one is very kind and helped along the way. Also the ladies up at the front desk were and are amazing! Shannon Is a true angel! She was there for me when I needed someone to cry to or even just have a hug.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Jennifer Phy at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center for Fertility & Reproductive Surgery?
Dr phy is just flat out amazing. She has wonderful bedside manner. She is easy to talk to she explains everything you need to know up front. Dr phy is non judgmental she is very kind. Dr phy is very encouraging. I had a bad experience previously so I was kinda nervous but from the moment my husband and I walked into her office for our consult we knew we made the right decision. It was like black and white completely different feelings and it was definitely the right choice for us. She has helped us in every step of the way.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Phy at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center for Fertility & Reproductive Surgery?
Make sure you call and make an appointment ASAP. Dr. Phy is so popular there can have a 6 month waiting period to see her!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Phy at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center for Fertility & Reproductive Surgery?
When I first went for a consult with Dr. Phy I knew immediately that I made right choice to change Dr.s Dr. Phy is amazing! She was gentle, encouraging, she was positive she explained everything in detail. She was friendly and non judgmental.
Describe the protocols Jennifer Phy used in your cycles at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center for Fertility & Reproductive Surgery and their degree of success.
So for our treatment with Dr phy we did our 2nd IVF treatment. We used gonal-f, lupron, menopur, and we also added femara to help me ovulate better also she added in progesterone Injections and some pills to help with the embryos stick and for me to not get an infection from the egg retrieval. We were able to get more eggs this round then previous with our old Dr. And we were able to make it to transfer day! But unfortunately my transfer did not work.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center for Fertility & Reproductive Surgery. (Assigned nurse: Chrystal)
The main nurse I worked with her name is Crystal. She was amazing answering all my questions even when I felt like they were silly. All the other nurses were fabulous as well. Each one is very kind and helped along the way. Also the ladies up at the front desk were and are amazing! Shannon Is a true angel! She was there for me when I needed someone to cry to or even just have a hug.
Describe your experience with Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center for Fertility & Reproductive Surgery.
Strengths are all the people you come into contact with are there to help you! Anything literally questions concerns or to just needing a hug they are there for you. Literally everyone I talked to was so helpful. Only thing I'd say about weakness is the waiting period. The waiting period could be a little long on some days. But Dr. Phy always apologized for it. And with the care you get it's worth the wait.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Phy at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center for Fertility & Reproductive Surgery.
I do know Dr. Phy has IVF packages. I'm not sure how much iui is there.
Describe Jennifer Phy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center for Fertility & Reproductive Surgery.
My Dr ultimately gave us the choice to pick one embryo or two to transfer but she did say transferring two had higher success rate and it could end in multiple babies which my husband and I were ok with.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jennifer Phy at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center for Fertility & Reproductive Surgery.

Other, Unexplained
Dr. Phy and her staff are truly the best at what they do!!! They explain everything so well and make you feel like family...On my first visit she hugged me and it made me feel so loved... She was very kind and warm to us even in our darkest time...Was seen after an ectopic pregnancy and she was very compassionate and understanding but most of all encouraging and optimistic. Very thorough, professional and over all the ideal doctor.
The clinic [Texas Tech University Health Sciences] overall makes you feel at home and answers any questions you have... I would recommend a new patient because are so kind and want to make your dreams come true...As I come in they [nurses] greet me back and start the ultrasounds. Very gentle and welcoming. They answer any questions I have and lead me to what I need to do next.
Other, Unexplained
Dr. Phy and her staff are truly the best at what they do!!! They explain everything so well and make you feel like family. I recommend anyone with fertility issues come here!!! She is so welcoming. On my first visit she hugged me and it made me feel so loved.
Working with Dr. Phy was a great experience! She was very kind and warm to us even in our darkest time. I have never met a doctor like her. I would recommend her to anyone who is having fertility issues. The rest of the staff was also amazing!
I started on Femara 2.5 mg twice daily on cycle days 3-5. I also went in for a baseline ultrasound on days 1-3. She wanted me to come in for another ultrasound to check my follicles on cycle days 10-13. If my follicles reached 18mm on my right ovary then I could trigger with Ovidril. If not I would have to try again the next month. I lost my left tube due to ectopic pregnancy and my follicles are only maturing in my left ovary. So now I have to do In Vitro Fertilization.
As I come in they greet me back and start the ultrasounds. Very gentle and welcoming. They answer any questions I have and lead me to what I need to do next.
The clinic overall makes you feel at home and answers any questions you have. I believe the weakness would be the overall cost of their treatment. Very expensive. I would recommend a new patient because are so kind and want to make your dreams come true.
In Vitro Fertilization: Package price is 10,698.00 Additional services: Hospital charges- $750 ICIS- $668 Cryopreservation of embryos- $474 Assisted hatching- $900 Insemenation of oocytes- $686 Embryo storage for a year $750 PGS/PGD- $2,000

PCOS, Tubal Blockage
She [Dr. Phy] seems to want to follow the patient's lead. She presents all options and listens to all of our concerns. She never rushes us out, and will even do an examination if I request it.... She let us try femara and clomid. With Clomid she was very careful to monitor my follicle growth since I had a high risk pregnancy previously and she did not want me to conceive multiples.... She is very considerate of our feelings and takes time to listen to us and explains things thoroughly. She is never in a rush.
They [Texas Tech U Health Sciences] have a great new location. There is sometimes a wait, but that's because the staff are so involved and take the time to listen to all of the patients. They are very easy to work with and they are always extra careful to check out insurance restrictions prior to making any testing or procedure plans.... They made sure to call me with lab results even though it was 5 o'c lock on a Friday. They had also rushed the lab to get the results to me before the weekend.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
She seems to want to follow the patient's lead. She presents all options and listens to all of our concerns. She never rushes us out, and will even do an examination if I request it. Her staff is very considerate as well and do everything they can to help us out with appointments or prescription refills.
She is worth the wait to get into. I know it takes months to get in as a new patient, but follow up visits are scheduled much quicker.
She let us try femara and clomid. With Clomid she was very careful to monitor my follicle growth since I had a high risk pregnancy previously and she did not want me to conceive multiples. She has wanted to do an exploratory laparoscopy on me for quite some time, which I keep denying because I have a busy son at home, but her logic is sound and she has been very patient with me while I am still on the fence about it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center for Fertility & Reproductive Surgery. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
They have a great new location. There is sometimes a wait, but that's because the staff are so involved and take the time to listen to all of the patients. They are very easy to work with and they are always extra careful to check out insurance restrictions prior to making any testing or procedure plans.
My insurance covered the femara, and I paid for Clomid out of pocket. The visits with Dr. Phy are coded for PCOS preventative care so my insurance covers those.
What specific things went wrong at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center for Fertility & Reproductive Surgery?
+ Read more- Read less
She [Dr. Jennifer Phy] is very positive which is a great thing when struggling with infertility! She always makes you feel calm and hopeful. She is always working to find the problem and the solution to the problem. When something isn’t working she immediately reevaluates the situation to figure out the next move...she is very willing to sit down and talk with you and answer all your questions...We have only done one treatment with her. I had the laparoscopic surgery for endo and then when I healed we went on to letroze for 5 days (2 2.5mg pills) we then weighted about a week to let the follicle grow more on its own. When it was ready we did a shot of ovadril and IUI. The treatment was unsuccessful. We are currently on our 2nd treatment with her. Letrozal 5mg daily till follicle reaches 18.
There is a long wait to get in the clinic [Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center for Fertility & Reproductive Surgery-Lubbock] as a patient. But the dr. Phy is definitely worth the wait. The receptionist always remember your name and always greet you with a smile. The office is very nice and clean and comfortable...The nurses are very nice. Overall they are good no major complaints...She [Dr. Jennifer Phy] is very positive which is a great thing when struggling with infertility! She always makes you feel calm and hopeful.
She is very positive which is a great thing when struggling with infertility! She always makes you feel calm and hopeful. She is always working to find the problem and the solution to the problem. When something isn’t working she immediately reevaluates the situation to figure out the next move.
Don’t be scared to ask questions she is very willing to sit down and talk with you and answer all your questions.
She cares a lot, and makes you feel like family. She will give you hugs and always stays very positive.
The nurses are very nice. Overall they are good no major complaints.
There is a long wait to get in the clinic as a patient. But the dr. Phy is definitely worth the wait. The receptionist always remember your name and always greet you with a smile. The office is very nice and clean and comfortable.
I have insurance they covers a lot of my ultrasounds due to having pcos. The IUI after insurance it only $450. And my meds are normally covered.
+ Read more- Read less

I love how Dr Phy made me feel hopeful about having a child but I wish I got to see her more often. My first appointment she did an ultrasound and I loved being under her care.... She was very kind and made me feel wonderful.... I stopped Clomid and she had me start Femara 2.5 mg x 2. I took that for 5 days starting cycle day 3-7. I did a baseline ultrasound on day 3 and went back on day 10 to see my follicles. If my follicles were bigger than 18 I would trigger with ovidril.
The clinic [Center for Reproductive Medicine is very nice and welcoming. I love how clean it is and the lobby is very nice. I love how it’s set up with everything you need in the bathroom to everything you need in the room. The temperature is always perfect since ultrasounds happen at every appointment.... I love going for ultrasounds. The front desk are always welcoming. I feel comfortable talking with everyone and feel happy about my results. My nurse is always so kind and answers any questions I have.
How was your experience with Jennifer Phy at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock?
I love how Dr Phy made me feel hopeful about having a child but I wish I got to see her more often. My first appointment she did an ultrasound and I loved being under her care. I want to do IVF under her care but they charge around 20,000 and I do not have the money.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Phy at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock?
She is very caring and wants to make your dreams come true.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Phy at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock?
She was very kind and made me feel wonderful.
Describe the protocols Jennifer Phy used in your cycles at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock.
Describe your experience with The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock.
The clinic is very nice and welcoming. I love how clean it is and the lobby is very nice. I love how it’s set up with everything you need in the bathroom to everything you need in the room. The temperature is always perfect since ultrasounds happen at every appointment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Phy at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock.
20,000 IVF
Describe Jennifer Phy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock.
The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jennifer Phy at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock.

2016 - 2019
Endometriosis, PCOS
We will be doing a multiple embryo transfer coming up [with Dr. Phy]. Higher chances of success...She is wonderful. Very to the point. Lets you know what to expect and what she wants from you and your partner. Very helpful and compassionate. She let's you know everything that is going on and shows you everything...She walked us through our iuis and our medicated cycles. She showed us the ultrasounds and would give insight on what was going on and why we havent gotten pregnant yet.
[The nurses at Texas Tech University Health Sciences were] Wonderful, helpful, nice, compassionate...Take your time, they are there for you. They listen and are always willing to help. They let you know cost up front and will walk you through it all. Great team to help with anyone going through infertility...We will be doing a multiple embryo transfer coming up [with Dr. Phy]. Higher chances of success...She is wonderful...Very to the point. Lets you know what to expect and
2016 - 2019
Endometriosis, PCOS
Have patients.
Very personal, sweet, took her time
Wonderful, helpful, nice, compassionate
We changed insurances. The first one did not cover very much. Our new one is so much better and helps so much more. Still need to save, but they tell you up front
We will be doing a multiple embryo transfer coming up. Higher chances of success