Doctor available by email
513-865-1675
4430 Carver Woods Dr
Cincinnati, OH 45242
513.794.1430
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jennifer Thie to a friend?

Excellent

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Bethesda Fertility Center to a friend?
2017 - 2019
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr. Thie was always attentive to my wants and needs. After suffering a 10 week loss following IUI #3, possibly because of low progesterone, I requested progesterone suppositories for future IUI’s/pregnancies. She didn’t even hesitate with sending the prescription to my pharmacy. ... You bond with your RE and they know you.. you want them there to make sure everything is done properly. She was always honest about any issues with my husbands post-wash sperm.
2017 - 2019
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Jennifer Thie at TriHealth Women’s Services Reproductive Endocrinology?
Dr. Thie was always attentive to my wants and needs. After suffering a 10 week loss following IUI #3, possibly because of low progesterone, I requested progesterone suppositories for future IUI’s/pregnancies. She didn’t even hesitate with sending the prescription to my pharmacy. She has her own private clinic off-campus, and still is the only person performing ultrasounds and inseminations. Which I appreciate so much. You bond with your RE and they know you.. you want them there to make sure everything is done properly. She was always honest about any issues with my husbands post-wash sperm. At our 5th IUI, my husbands count and motility was just awful. She comforted me and asked if we would be willing to see my husbands urologist again. Which we figured would be the next step. But it resonated with me that that was her next step, instead of refusing any further IUI’s and telling us IVF is our only option now (which we’ll never be able to afford). She is just an amazing doctor who does this to help people. Her self pay prices are MORE than reasonable. She’s not in this to get rich.. she’s in this to give people the family they’ve always dreamed of. I adore her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Thie at TriHealth Women’s Services Reproductive Endocrinology?
Give her some grace, and be patient. She can appear distant sometimes.. but you have to realize she’s a one-woman show dealing with hundreds of patients all on her own. Be open and honest about your history, and advocate for what you want!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Thie at TriHealth Women’s Services Reproductive Endocrinology?
Dr. Thie and her staff always addressed me by name. When I’d call and tell them it was me calling, they knew me and didn’t have to look up my chart to know my details. Dr. Thie came in solo on a Sunday because that’s when my cycle aligned with IUI. She sat in the room and talked to my husband and I for 10+ minutes.. just chatting and answering all questions we had with warmth and compassion.
Describe the protocols Jennifer Thie used in your cycles at TriHealth Women’s Services Reproductive Endocrinology and their degree of success.
With my first cycle, I requested an HSG just to ensure my tubes were open before beginning IUI. She agreed and performed the HSG herself at the hospital. Once we found out my tubes were open and clear, she started me on 5mg of Femara. Unfortunately, I responded poorly and had no follicles at my scan. She offered to give it a few more days and do another scan but I declined, which she was okay with. Next cycle, she upped my Femara to 7.5mg... and to my astonishment, I had 3 mature follicles! She decided to prescribe Pregnyl for my trigger shot (I believe Ovidrel works better in thinner patients.. and I’m fluffy). After insemination, she did a progesterone blood draw at 7dpiui, and it confirmed ovulation. Unfortunately, the cycle failed. The following cycle was the same protocol, with 2 mature follicles. It failed. The third cycle was the same protocol, 1 mature follicle. It worked. My HCG and progesterone looked fine initially, so no suppositories. I unfortunately miscarried at 10 weeks. The following cycles (2 rounds of IUI and one round of timed intercourse) were the same protocol, 1 follicle, and failed. The round of timed intercourse resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Dr. Thie chose to keep me on this medication protocol because it was working. Even though I didn’t always have multiple follicles, at least 1 was the goal.
The nursing staff was AMAZING. I can’t say enough about them. The nurse who drew my blood always remembered me and our prior conversations. We are both huge tattoo enthusiasts and would always talk about new tattoo ideas. The nurse who dealt with relaying information to patients via MyChart or phone, Cindy, will always have a place in my heart. When I was 7 weeks pregnant and started spotting, I had just been released from my RE to my midwife. My midwife couldn’t get me in for an ultrasound since I had not been since for my initial appointment yet. I was in full panic mode. I called Cindy crying, begging her to let me come in for an ultrasound and Bloodwork. She quickly talked to Dr. Thie and called me back a few minutes later telling me to come in ASAP. She, nor Dr. Thie had to do that for me, but they did and I’m so thankful, because we did find issues with my pregnancy at that appointment.
Describe your experience with TriHealth Women’s Services Reproductive Endocrinology.
My RE is associated with Bethesda, but she has her own private office off-campus. So the clinic is completely ran by Dr. Thie and her staff. Even with it being a smaller office, with one doctor and numerous patients, the clinic as a whole seems to run smoothly and efficiently. The only weakness I can think of is sometimes you can be waiting a bit for your appointment (30ish minutes past your appointment time). However, like previously stated... I don’t hold that against any of them because it’s one doctor and multiple patients. The clinic as a whole is great. Dr. Thie has books and toys available in a basket in the waiting room, in case you had to bring your child(ren) to your appointment. The office is very child friendly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Thie at TriHealth Women’s Services Reproductive Endocrinology.
My total cost of IUI was about $350. Femara $4 Follicle scan $25 copay Double sperm wash $175 Insemination $122 Pregnyl Trigger $36 For people whose insurance won’t cover the ultrasound or bloodwork, or they don’t receive a discount on the trigger shot... a full round is about $600. Which is SO affordable, still!
Describe Jennifer Thie's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at TriHealth Women’s Services Reproductive Endocrinology.
We did not do IVF and I’m unsure of her opinion of these.
What specific things went wrong at TriHealth Women’s Services Reproductive Endocrinology?
TriHealth Women’s Services Reproductive Endocrinology
Cincinnati

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jennifer Thie at TriHealth Women’s Services Reproductive Endocrinology.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
I have a tremendous amount of respect for Dr. Thie. I am confident that she wants the best for us. Before my first egg retrieval, she actually called my cell phone the night before to leave a message of encouragement in light of my estradiol results and to let me know that she was thinking of me. This is one case where bedside manner is really important given the emotional strain of infertility. That said, as a DOR patient, I am not always sure she is up on the latest treatment or protocol options.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Jennifer Thie at Bethesda Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Thie at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Be prepared to wait and call the clinic to see if they are on time or not. If you don't want to wait to see your doctor, she is the wrong one. However, you are waiting because she gives each patient the time needed and will do the same with you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Thie at Bethesda Fertility Center?
The entire staff knows my name (incidentally, I go to Dr. Thie's private practice, she only does IVF retrieval and transfer at the Bethesda Fertility Center, and I would answer closer to a number for them). Dr. Thie listens to my questions, has an open mind, and spends time with me.
Their empathy and experience. The head nurse, Cindy, is exceptional.
What specific things went wrong at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Cincinnati

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jennifer Thie at Bethesda Fertility Center.

12 IUI, IVF
Dr. Thie took a long time to get my history and previous testing. She was very knowledgable about PCOS and took time to help me understand it. She went out of her way to make sure I received the best treatment. I feel she could of been a little more aggressive as I had to order an additional week of medicine because she was nervous of me over ovulating.... I did and IVF startibg with birth control for a month then starting injections.
12 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Jennifer Thie at Bethesda Fertility Center?
She brings ypu back a lot and staff is considerate about multiple visits and high copays.
She was very personable and knew my case versus not knowing my case
Describe the protocols Jennifer Thie used in your cycles at Bethesda Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I did and IVF startibg with birth control for a month then starting injections.
They were very caring ,nice, and quick to get your appointment moving.
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
The front office staff was very rude, inconsiderate of how expensive and emotionally tolling this procedure is and what your going through. Other than that the rest of the ataff was very pleasant. The office could use some updating but my overall experience was good.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Thie at Bethesda Fertility Center.
Cincinnati

Her [Dr. Jennifer Thie] only weekness was remembering where we were in the while process. Meaning if I wanted to do IUI again or have sex once the egg was ready. But she also has many patients too. It was clear her goal was to get us pregnant as easy and quick as possible. Invetro was suggested but I wasn't comfortable at that point w that process and they understand and continued with the treatment I wanted.
How was your experience with Jennifer Thie at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Her only weekness was remembering where we were in the while process. Meaning if I wanted to do IUI again or have sex once the egg was ready. But she also has many patients too. It was clear her goal was to get us pregnant as easy and quick as possible. Invetro was suggested but I wasn't comfortable at that point w that process and they understand and continued with the treatment I wanted.
Dont get discouraged if it once you get a positive result that she doesn't seem happy and asks you to come back for another ultrasound so see can actually see the heartbeat.
She was more than willing to work w my work schedule and my ovulation schedule. She even came in on mother's Day so I could get IUI done in the office. Staff is also very friendly.
I don't remember
Very attentive and understanding
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
Very good staff. Nice, to the point and clear on billing.,,,..................................................................................................................................................................................,............
My treatment was fertility pills and ovulation shot. Coat was about 60.00 a month combination. Ultrasound to see when I had a viable egg. Cost about 30.00 after insurance.
Describe Jennifer Thie's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Bethesda Fertility Center.
N/a for me