Available by cell phone
214-750-5500
5757 Warren Parkway
Frisco, TX 75034
214-618-2044
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jerald Goldstein to a friend?

7.1

6.6

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Specialists of Texas to a friend?
Time with the doctor [Dr. Jerald Goldstein] felt a little rushed and awkward...I do trust his medical opinions and abilities...He presents himself professionally which maintains my confidence in him. He seems a little socially awkward but by no means was ever rude or unprofessional in his communication. He didn't display any "lovey-dovey" coddling but at the same time wasn't exactly blunt when giving information...[protocol was Standard IVF].
How was your experience with Jerald Goldstein at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
He presents himself professionally which maintains my confidence in him. He seems a little socially awkward but by no means was ever rude or unprofessional in his communication. He didn't display any "lovey-dovey" coddling but at the same time wasn't exactly blunt when giving information. I made it apparent I had done my research ahead of time so he didn't dive into too much detail when talking however I never spoke up to say I wanted more information either even though I did. I do trust his medical opinions and abilities.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jerald Goldstein at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Look at his stats before going in to the office.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jerald Goldstein at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
The office staff were very personable and caring. Time with the doctor felt a little rushed and awkward. We knew this going in but chose him because of his stats.
Describe the protocols Jerald Goldstein used in your cycles at Fertility Specialists of Texas and their degree of success.
Standard IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The staff was coordinated making the most of our time there valuable. Everyone was friendly and professional. Thorough explanations of what to expect during the visit, the whole process, and communication moving forward. I felt more comfortable with our coordinator than the doctor which was more important to me because the coordinator is our point of contact and I really just need the doctor to perform medicine.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The clinic was clean and office staff were friendly. Plenty of parking and easy to get to within the building. Office staff were prepared for our arrival with paperwork and working with the insurance companies. The waiting room is a little small and filled up quick so grab a seat while you can.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jerald Goldstein at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
TBD. Hard to get exact numbers for expenses from the clinic.
Describe Jerald Goldstein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
He gave us the option of both but counseled for SET. He said they won't do more than 2 and highly suggest only doing 1.

2016 - 2019
Tubal Blockage, Other
Dr. Goldstein is not a naturally warm or friendly person. He is extremely task and detail driven and focused on what he's doing. However, in the 1.5 years we got treatment with him, we learned that under that analytical exterior is a person who actually cares about his patients. He apologized for not being there for our miscarriage (it happened over Christmas- he was out of town- his colleague worked with us), and treated me with kindness, empathy, and respect.
2016 - 2019
European, Latino
Tubal Blockage, Other
Dr. Goldstein is not warm or fuzzy. He's analytical and detail and task oriented. He is super focused. Beneath all of that he does really care about the successes of his patients. He always explained everything to me clearly and apologized and (tried to) show empathy when things didn't go well.
Have patience for his mannerisms. I truly think that human emotions are not his strong suit but he does care.
We did an egg retrieval in 2016. From what I remember, I did birth control, then Follistem and Menopur shots every day and something else that I can't remember. We triggered with Lupron and had success- 26 eggs, 12 embryos. We took a break to prevent OHSS and then transferred two embryos (our request) after birth control, estrogen, and progesterone. I got pregnant and miscarried twins at 6 weeks. I had a massive SCH and no other apparent reason for miscarrying. I had a D & C. We took a break, then transferred two more embryos with the same previous protocol. I got pregnant with twins- one twin was viable, the other wasn't, and gave birth to my daughter 9 months later.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: We saw them for a couple years, so we had two that we worked with: Brandy and Tiecha)
Everyone that I worked with was always friendly and helpful. The financial advisor was also helpful. The front desk always answers the phone!! Our nurse was really helpful and punctual with calendars most of the time.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
They always answer the phone! IF there is an issue with anyone in the clinic, tell your doctor and they will totally address it- potentially even in front of you. Appointment wait time can be extremely slow, but the care is great. They're open most Saturdays too.
IVF, one cycle: 15,000 or so (don't totally remember) Meds: 5,000 Transfer (with meds): 5,500
Our doctor advised us of the risks of transferring two versus one but ultimately left the decision to us.
Frisco

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jerald Goldstein at Fertility Specialists of Texas.

I've had several miscarriages, like more than 5 with two tubal removals (hence why I have to do IVF) as well, as a premature labor resulting in birth and death of our daughter all between 2006 - 2014. Dr. Goldstein has shown concern as to why I've had reoccurring miscarriages. He is the ONLY Dr to actually take the time to try and figure out why and seen I had uterine polyps/fibroids and removed them. No other Dr has ever even mentioned those or that, that could be a possibility as to why I was having multiple losses. That meant so much to me and I couldn't thank him enough to take the time and actually care about my well being and not just rush into doing IVF.
Easier said than done, but don't be scared or nervous. He truly has your well being at heart.
Dr. Goldstein has been nothing but great through out this whole process. I was referred to him by a friend who was a previous patient of his. His bedside manner is wonderful, he goes into everything in detail, listens to all your questions and concerns. I'm very pleased with choosing him as my RE.
I have not started my stims yet. I will start those Friday morning 2.8.19. But as of right now my protocol is to start menopur in the early a.m at 75iu and Follistim in the evening at 225 I believe.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Amanda)
All the nurses have been wonderful. But I do feel Amanda could be a little more communicative. When I can't speak to her I talk to Heidi, she's been great.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
I feel everything is going well with this clinic. Everyone is pretty attentive and is there for any questions or concerns. They try and work with you with financial responsibilities, which is a huge plus because it gets very stressful at times. Everyone is really nice.
I'm currently waiting for my financial responsibilities break down.
We have not discussed that yet.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
He [Dr. Goldstein] didn't explain anything. He asked a couple of questions, looked at the surveys we had filled out before coming in, and said he recommended we try IVF after only a few minutes with him. ... The one test he performed on me was botched, stupidly painful, and he couldn't even interpret the results. ... No information! No questions answered. ... He would tell his nurse to answer our questions, but she didn't know the information. It was an awful experience.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
I think I covered a lot of this in the question regarding why I felt like a number. He does not provide any information at all. He doesn't answer questions. He is difficult to even meet with, and when you can schedule a meeting, it lasts for less than 15 minutes and he directs you to talk to his nurse instead. The one test he performed on me was botched, stupidly painful, and he couldn't even interpret the results. He kept changing his mind on what the results might could mean.
Don't go! Don't see him!
Dr. Goldstein met with myself and my partner on my first visit, and the meeting was amazingly fast. He didn't explain anything. He asked a couple of questions, looked at the surveys we had filled out before coming in, and said he recommended we try IVF after only a few minutes with him. We tried asking questions but he wouldn't answer. He said we could try IUI if IVF was too expensive. Said we needed to do some tests, and then the meeting ended. No information! No questions answered. And all subsequent interactions were similar. He would tell his nurse to answer our questions, but she didn't know the information. It was an awful experience.
He started off using a combination of pills and injections, on really low dosages. He upped the dosages throughout the first cycle but never got to where it needed to be. On the second cycle, he started out with high dosages and the result was a cancelled cycle.
The nursing staff shunts you off to someone else. They ignore your questions or act put out if they get hard pressed to actually answer. They treat patients with condescension and insult them for the very reason they are at the clinic. It's really depressing. The office staff was worse...
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The person who checks you in is generally very friendly and polite, although they have a new person who was not as friendly. The billing staff is AWFUL and very rude and condescending. The rest of the staff varies. For as stressful as everything is, you'd think that customer service would be a priority, but it really isn't. They ridicule patients, insult them, talk down to them. It's frustrating and depressing and not helpful at all. The sonogram nurse is great. The phlebotomist is great. Several of the nurses are very friendly and helpful. But the overall experience is a nightmare.
The IUI cycles cost $1300 plus the additional expenses of medication (which ranged about $2500 per cycle)

2011 - 2018
Once the treatment cycle started he [Dr. Jerald Goldstein] was very uninvolved. I had to have an extra day of monitoring and he saw me for that ultrasound. During the ultrasound I explained to him that the tech had trouble with finding my ovaries with the probe and had to look on top. Instead of trying that, he proceeded to use the probe no matter how uncomfortable it was. I was literally crying from the pain. He not once apologized. He then very bluntly made a very discouraging remark and told me that I can continue the cycle if I wanted but not to expect a favorable result. I left in pain and feeling very discouraged.
2011 - 2018
Dr. Goldstein is very thorough during the initial visit. He explained my treatment options and allowed me to decide what option was best for me. Once the treatment cycle started he was very uninvolved. I had to have an extra day of monitoring and he saw me for that ultrasound. During the ultrasound I explained to him that the tech had trouble with finding my ovaries with the probe and had to look on top. Instead of trying that, he proceeded to use the probe no matter how uncomfortable it was. I was literally crying from the pain. He not once apologized. He then very bluntly made a very discouraging remark and told me that I can continue the cycle if I wanted but not to expect a favorable result. I left in pain and feeling very discouraged.
Catch him on a good day.
The initial consultation was very thorough. We discussed my medical history in great detail and came up with a plan of action. Each appointment during my treatment cycle felt rushed. The nurses and techs were great but Dr. Goldstein was not receptive to my concerns or comfort.
I was diagnosed with PCOS so we started off semi-aggressive since I did not respond to Clomid in the last. My treatment included CD3 baseline and ultrasound, Femara 5mg CD3-7, Follistim 75 iu CD6 and CD8. I went in for CD10 bloodwork and ultrasound and was instructed to take another 75iu of Follistim that day and come back CD11 for another day of bloodwork and ultrasound as the folliclegrowth was slow but steady. On CD11, I was instructed to take the last 75iu of Follistim and trigger shot on CD12 with timed intercourse 24 and 36 hours later. Beta was scheduled for CD28
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The clinic and billing staff are unorganized and rude. The staff do not communicate with each other. My billing issue was never resolved which resulted in the cancellation of my treatment on the day of my scheduled Beta.
The global out of pocket cost for timed intercourse was $730 and the global IUI fee was $1300

IVF, Donor Eggs
Jerald was very knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. We never felt rushed or like we were on the clock. When we received devastating results, he assured us we would put together a plan to have a family.... He made sure to take plenty of time to sit and talk to us and try to connect with us. We weren’t just in and out of the office. He was thorough and when he confirmed the loss of my fertility, he was very caring and assured me we’d put together a plan.
IVF, Donor Eggs
Ask a lot of questions and don’t hesitate to have him explain if you don’t understand something.
Since we have to use an egg donor and aren’t to that place yet, I can’t answer fully. He did prescribe me estrogen though to get my cycles back to normal and he also redid all blood tests to confirm the diagnosis.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
When I first started on the estrogen, it made me very sick. The nurse called me and emailed me to check on me. She also offered (free of charge) to hold a conference call with my sisters (potential egg donors) and mom to answer questions, address concerns, etc. It meant so much to not only myself but my family.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The only complaint I have is the person that discussed our insurance coverage wasn’t extremely empathetic. It was like a job interview. Would have liked to seen more compassion. The rest of the clinic, however, was extremely compassionate and friendly. Made you feel at home during an hard time.
Since we basically went to get confirmed results and out a plan together, our insurance covered majority of the basic visit. If we were to move forward with the donor egg/transfer/embryo transfer, our out of pocket costs would be around $14,000 with insurance.
Due to my autoimmune disease (Addison’s Disease) he suggested a single embryo transfer since my body can’t handle additional stress. I was surprised he knew about this rare disease and appreciated his honesty.
Frisco

I saw the doctor [Dr. Goldstein] very few times. I also got the impression that my treatment was a track set for all patients and not customized.... Because I was expected to respond to the same treatment as other patients, and my body did not conform to that idea, I was only able to complete ONE IUI with him over the course of 7 months I was with his clinic. It wasn't until I went to a different clinic that I found out there were other options for my treatment timeline.
Dr. Goldstein is no doubt a highly skilled professional and also a very good businessman with multiple locations and an army of staff. In my initial interactions with him I was impressed with his knowledge and confidence in my chances of getting pregnant. Over the course of my time with his clinic, I became increasingly frustrated with the lack of guidance I needed in my protocol, during and in between cycles. Because I was expected to respond to the same treatment as other patients, and my body did not conform to that idea, I was only able to complete ONE IUI with him over the course of 7 months I was with his clinic. It wasn't until I went to a different clinic that I found out there were other options for my treatment timeline.
Advocate for yourself while communicating the need for data-driven medical advice.
Every time I went to the office (over 30 minutes from my home) I sat in a waiting room with many other people. When I did finally go back, I saw a nurse rather than the doctor. I saw the doctor very few times. I also got the impression that my treatment was a track set for all patients and not customized.
HSG and blood tests initially, Follistim and Letrozole simultaneously during cycles. When I wouldn't start my cycles on time I was put on birth control and after I decided I no longer wanted to do that because of negative reactions to the birth control, I was put on prometrium which also did not work. After that I was told I would just have to wait until it started on it's own.
There were so many of them so I saw someone different every time. All were generally friendly.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The clinic is well known in this area so it attracts patients from near and far. Dr. Goldstein is touted as being the best of the best and you can see that in the number of people that are in the clinic at any given time - patients and staff.
My insurance partially covers IUI up to 6 times. I paid around $100 every visit.

2 Embryo Freezing, IVF, Surrogacy
2 Embryo Freezing, IVF, Surrogacy
Dr. Goldstein is very smart and thinks about multiple things at once. That can come across as scatter-brained and can make it difficult to pin him down to get answers. BUT if you're patient with him about getting all the answers, he will take the time to get you all the information you need. He truly wants his patients to have all the information, and he's even made time to see me when I didn't have an appointment. He is such a cheerleader for you and isn't afraid of changing course if something is working. He will also take into account the patient's preference. For example, my surrogate had used a medication before that she liked. He typically doesn't prescribe it but since she had had no issues with it before, he didn't mind including it in her protocol this time. He's truly interested in making his practice better. I had switched from another doctor in the practice - one that I was very unhappy with. That doctor had a very warm personality but failed on multiple fronts. Dr. Goldstein really wanted to take the time to understand what I was unhappy about. He even spent time going over his colleague's protocol and told me what he would have done differently. There was no defensiveness on his part, even though he practiced with the other doctor, which I really appreciated. I finally feel very confident in our choice of fertility specialist.
He's brilliant. But you have to be patient/persistent in getting answers to your questions because he can get lost on tangents. But you won't regret choosing him as your doctor.
Dr. Goldstein has a huge heart. He takes the time to see his patients directly even when it's not necessary. You can tell it's so important to him that patients end up with a take-home baby. His personality is a little different - but it's because he's so smart and thinking all the time - but the warmth that comes through from his is evident.
I had two egg retrieval cycles with my prior RE, who practices with Goldstein. The first cycle ended with no healthy embryos. The second cycle ended with only two. The only difference in medication in the two cycles was the addition of human growth hormone and the upping the dosage of Menopur by quite a bit. When Dr. Goldstein looked at the results and the protocol prescribed by his colleague, he said that he would have significantly changed my medications because it was clear that my body didn't respond to them the first round. I felt like Dr. Goldstein had a lot more tools in his toolbox to choose from than did my prior doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Jeanette)
Jeanette - a nurse and the surrogacy coordinator - is the absolute best. She's smart, responsive, and compassionate. Her information was always timely and accurate. I can't say enough good things about her.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
I don't think any clinic is perfect, and this one is no exception. At one point, I found myself being repeatedly put on hold for 20 minutes. But I complained and was put through to the office manager, and that never happened again. Occasionally, the nurses can get overwhelmed and you can fall through the cracks - you don't get timely information or you realize something in your protocol isn't accurate. That is certainly the exception, not the norm. Overall, the staff was really good. But you definitely have to take an active role in your own care and stay on top of things. I also had multiple wonky billing issues - At one point I found I had a credit by happenstance. It was a total fluke I found out about it, and yet every appointment I had to keep telling them I didn't owe anything. I don't know how often they reconcile their books, but when they do, they aren't good about informing the patients. I also had a few surprise bills where "all-inclusive" packages didn't include a few things that weren't disclosed. I will say that these are all minor issues that popped up. In the year and a half I've been going to the clinic, almost everything went smoothly, and when it didn't the clinic was usually apologetic and wanted to make things right. There are some staff members that are absolutely awesome so I just made sure to use those people as my points of contact!
Our egg retrievals were part insurance, part out of pocket. I'm honestly not sure we saved any money by using insurance because our portion was so high. Cash pay might have been cheaper. We are now using a gestational carrier. It is $5000 per FET cycle. That doesn't include her initial medical clearance or her medications. That does include a surrogacy coordination fee, which some clinics charge separately. I've been very happy with the surrogacy coordinator there. She's the best.
Dr. Goldstein fully supports my eSET decision. I came in with that decision, but he never once pushed or intimidated that we should do more than one. He really thinks one is best, though I know because of the expense of surrogacy, if we wanted him to transfer two, he would do it.
Frisco

Dr. Goldstein does have a stutter or speech impediment so you have to be patient with him. I do like that he advocates for acupuncture. He is also open-minded if you request additional medications that you think may help in the treatment plan. I do not like that he sometimes asks the same questions as if he does not remember your protocol or history.... It would be nice to receive a phone call from Dr. Goldstein when something does not go as planned such as a miscarriage. A follow up call would be nice
European, Latino
Do not be afraid to ask questions and be your own advocate
It would be nice to receive a phone call from Dr. Goldstein when something does not go as planned such as a miscarriage. A follow up call would be nice. He also tends to ask the same questions over and over as if he does not remember you.
Two weeks of birth control before stims starting on CD2. Follistim 150-300 and Menopur 75-150. I also used omnitrope which is something I asked for to possibly help with egg quality. My estrogen levels were high so we used lupron as a trigger instead of Novarel which is what we were going to originally use. For FET I used lupron, estradiol tablets, antibiotics, and baby aspirin. I also used PIO with a sesame base- I had an allergic reaction so had to ask to be switched to PIO in ethyl oleate. I ended up with 3 embryos to freeze out of 11 eggs collected.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Brandy and then Teicha )
Tiecha- I do not feel as though she has much compassion or sympathy. She is not very warm. She is also not very prompt at returning emails in a timely manner. But if a problem arises she does get it handed quickly. I really like Brandi at the office. She is very sweet, unfortunately she works under another doctor in the practice and not Dr. Goldstein anymore.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
I like that they have different locations so it makes the clinic more accessible. It is a clean clinic.
I do not have the information with me but I believe the cost of IVF is around $15,000. Not including medications.
Since this was my second round of IVF but my first transfer, Dr. Goldstein believed I had been through a lot so he suggested transferring two embryos.
Frisco

Dr. Goldstein took ample time with me going over our medical and infertility history. He made me feel like i was his only appointment that day and never once did i feel rushed or not heard. He was very straightforward and honest and had several different options for us moving forward. I feel like he is trustworthy and not just in it for the money or noteriety.... he encouraged another egg retrevial he supported our desire to pursue a frozen embryo transfer with the remaining embryos we had.
If you have a question ask! They genuinely want you to feel comfortable in the process and decisions.
I felt he actually took the time to read through my history. We’re a military family so we’ve moved several times through our journey. He is very warm and honest and i feel doesn’t set unrealistic expectations. I hope to pursue treatment with him.
Dr. Goldstein feels that the reason our last two transfers with a previous doctor failed were likely due to embryo quality. Although he encouraged another egg retrevial he supported our desire to pursue a frozen embryo transfer with the remaining embryos we had.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
She was very sweet and had a great bedside manner
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
They seem well organized and appear to have a good system in place. I never had to wait much after my appointment time to be seen and never had any office issue. I was always greeted promptly and with a smile and felt comfortable and like the front staff cared.
For the embryo transfer it was estimated between $5k-7k. Dr. Goldstein feels we need a fresh cycle which was quoted at $17k. Higher prices reflect our insurance not covering our treatment which they sadly do not.

2013
5 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
At the time I didnt think much either way of him. He [Dr. Goldstein] was awkward in his interactions with others but that was it....We did two IVF fresh rounds....he didnt change it from one round to the next. Both rounds had very poor results.... I had significant fertility diagnosis that he missed and continued to do IVF rounds without addressing the problems first. I had fibroids, Endometriosis, and a Uterine Septum that went undiagnosed through 2 rounds of IVF.
2013
5 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
At the time I didnt think much either way of him. He was awkward in his interactions with others but that was it. After paying 24,000 for two failed cycles, and seeing a different doctor. I was LIVID to discover I had significant fertility diagnosis that he missed and continued to do IVF rounds without addressing the problems first. I had fibroids, Endometriosis, and a Uterine Septum that went undiagnosed through 2 rounds of IVF.
I would highly recommend that they visit someone else with greater attention to detail, and the ethics to not take patients money without telling them the entire medical picture. I filed a complaint on this doctor for doing IVF rounds on me without treating my other medical conditions. My subsequent IVF doctor performed a surgery prior to IVF rounds so that I could get pregnant. He should have done this, but he didnt. He just kept taking my money for IVF rounds that he should have known would not be successful considering all my conditions.
Dr Goldstein has very poor social skills, little affect, and is robotic in nature in his interactions with patients. This makes for horrible bed side manner. When patients (such as myself) were distraught or saddened over poor outcomes with transfers he awkwardly didnt know how to respond.
We did two IVF fresh rounds. I dont recall the specific medications or injections I used. I just know that he didnt change it from one round to the next. Both rounds had very poor results. only producing 2 transferable embryos with nothing to freeze. I dont even know the embryo grades as that information was never explained or shared with me.
I didnt have a relationship with the nurses there. I dont recall working with anyone specific person to give a description of.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
I liked the clinic itself and how it functioned. They give you a colored picture of your embryos prior to transfer. They also offer to play calming music and have someone pray or do calming breathing exercises with you after the transfer while you wait.
ABout $12,000 per IVF cycle give or take some medications.
We did 2 embryo transfer each time and I was fine with that. In fact, I prefer that.

IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Dr. Goldstein is not the most personable Doctor. He is not warm and fuzzy. ... I think Dr Goldstein is super knowledgeable about his discipline, however his lack of warmth at times can be a little discouraging. I don’t get that personal connection that I got with my other Doctor that he was truly invested in us having a baby. ... A lot of programs they [Fertility Specialists of Texas] offer are not geared towards LGBT individuals.
IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
He is very knowledgeable, however he is not warm and fuzzy. I received the same feedback from someone before starting with Dr Goldstein so I knew this going into it.
Dr. Goldstein is not the most personable Doctor. He is not warm and fuzzy.
At this point it is too soon to tell.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: LeeAnn)
She was absolutely amazing! She showed a lot of compassion and support. She has provided a lot of emotional support to us a long the way.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
A lot of programs they offer are not geared towards LGBT individuals. They offered on their website an inclusive package however we were not eligible for this because as a gay couple we were not using our own eggs. Also prices are not discounted after an unsuccessful transfer. For example, a transfer is $5000 (plus medication) no matter how many times you transfer. Our previous clinic discounted after each unsuccessful transfer.
Transfer fees are the same no matter how many unsuccessful transfers you have. Our previous clinic discounted the transfer fee approximately 25% after each unsuccessful transfer.
Dallas

He [Dr. Goldstein] is very smart and sometimes it’s like his brain is working faster than he can talk. He’s definitely motivated to help you reach your goal and in my experience tended to be least invasive first before moving to more invasive procedures which made me very comfortable.... Timed intercourse with and without injectables negative . IUI with injectables - always produced multiple follicles (Goldstein made us aware every time of the risk of multiples and risks associated) negative with 1 cycle cancelled due to a cyst.
He is very smart and sometimes it’s like his brain is working faster than he can talk. He’s definitely motivated to help you reach your goal and in my experience tended to be least invasive first before moving to more invasive procedures which made me very comfortable.
To be patient with him when he’s talking to you.
Timed intercourse with and without injectables negative . IUI with injectables - always produced multiple follicles (Goldstein made us aware every time of the risk of multiples and risks associated) negative with 1 cycle cancelled due to a cyst. IVF frozen cycle due to risk of OHSS and he feels it has a better success rate 1 miscarriage and 1 successful
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Tiesha )
The nurses were all amazing and kind. They were very compassionate when calling it discussing bad news. We started with Brandi as our nurse who we loved and then Teisha, who we loved also, became ours as the doctors switched nurses. I just wish they had given us a heads up about them switching.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
I loved this clinic and would highly recommend them to anyone. The front desk people were a little frustrating, but nothing major. The nursing staff is amazing and were quick to respond to messages and emails.
Frozen IVF cycle was about $12000 not including meds. 2nd Transfer was $1200 I believe.

2013 - 2017
2 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Goldstein is quirky and slightly antisocial, but is incredibly intelligent, compassionate and dedicated. He's sometimes hard to understand, due to a slight speech impediment. However, he's highly skilled and I'm astounded by his knowledge in his field. He's an incredible physician and truly loves his patients and his practice....If you want the best, Dr. Goldstein is exactly that. If you're needing a hand holder, he's probably not going to be a fit, personality wise. He has great compassion, but is more clinical in his approach. However, his nurses are incredible at filling the gap.
2013 - 2017
2 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
I was always treated warmly but felt not important during the time we waited to find out if our ectopic pregnancy was viable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Kelly Moore)
Kelly is the most amazing nurse I've ever had. She truly loves her patients and is familiar with their treatment cycle. After not seeing her for about a year she recognized me in a public setting and ran to embrace me. A truly incredible nurse!!
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The Dallas and Frisco offices are incredibly busy. Wait times can be long. Nurses are great! Phlebotomists are incredible. Charlotte in the Frisco office is great at difficult blood draws. Other doctors in the practice are awesome as well!! The embryologist, Dr. Guerrero is one of my all time favorite people.
Dallas

I think he [Dr. Jerald Goldstein] should take a moment with patients during check ups and visits and maybe perform IUI’s. The nurses do the IUI’s. More confidence when speaking at events. Be honest without sugar coating.other than that he’s a great guy and he knows his stuff.... We did a round of Clomid, a trigger shot. Same thing second round but the trigger shot may have been different kind of trigger shot.
I think he should take a moment with patients during check ups and visits and maybe perform IUI’s. The nurses do the IUI’s. More confidence when speaking at events. Be honest without sugar coating.other than that he’s a great guy and he knows his stuff.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions or be open.
He’s a nice man and I know he genuinely wants to help couples have a family. I am still working on my family so we are not there yet.
Jeanette is my favorite, and the last nurse who did my second IUI was understanding when I explained that I needed her to take her time and use small equipment because I’m a small person.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The only thing was I needed a procedure done in a time frame before I flew to my home town where I had a donor and I would’ve had to do the whole check up and reschedule the procedure, I was able to get the same procedure faster with a different fertility clinic and also found out through that clinic I had polyps. I understand it’s policy and procedure but it would’ve pushed my chances with my donor out. Not that it mattered it didn’t take anyways so I had surgery and now I hope he can help me and have it work.
I paid about $4000 per IUI including the sperm and shipping to the facility
I think it’s good to explain the possibility of multiples but when you are like me it may sound like I am greedy but I’d rather put in at least 3 because if I do 2 and none take I won’t get to do this again. Many of us can afford to be parents but many of us can’t afford the charges to specialty have a family the harder way especially back to back. An IVF is the total of a car. With a car you have something to show that truly is crushing to spend all that money for nothing and your dreams shattered. I never thought I’d have to do fertility. We both have jobs but as good as they are we are not rich we just wanted a chance at having at least one baby.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
My experience with Dr Goldstein was very good even though our first cycle was not successful. He meet with my husband and I and took his time with us planning our next cycle and really explaining to us the odds. We knew going in that my age (36) played a factor and he fully explained every detail. We could not be happier with him...Dr Goldstein always took the time to answer every question I had and he would throughly explain each process...
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Go in with an open mind and from personal experience don't start the process unless you are committed to at least 3 tries at IVF for one successful pregnancy.
Dr Goldstein upped my menopur during the 2nd cycle but all other drugs remained the same.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Brandy )
I cannot say enough about the nurses at the Frisco office! Brandy was amazing at explaining all of my shots and meds and she was also available anytime I had a question. Teicha completed one of my retrievals with me and was absolutely amazing! Angie did a few of my scans and she always took her time and would show me clearly what she was seeing. The nurses were just as important as the dr. They truly hire the best.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The clinic is very busy and in high demand. They are extremely timely with appointments and try their best to stay on time.
If I remember correctly the drugs and procedures were approximately 18K each.
Dr Goldstein clearly explained the risks of transferring multiple embryos but ultimately he and I both felt very comfortable transferring 2 at each cycle.

2012 - 2015
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Overall, we were very happy with his knowledge and manner during our time under his care. We had to ask questions but he was willing to answer all questions we had and further explain what we didn't understand. He never seemed in a hurry to see the next patient.
2012 - 2015
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
To ask questions and not be intimidated by him. He is really smart and has been in this field a long time, he knows what he is doing and has surrounded himself by a great staff.
HUMAN. Being our second doctor for IVF, we felt like we were at a 5 star spa/facility. Everyone was so kind, helpful and generous from our previous experience. And the atmosphere was calming and non-stressful. It made the whole process easier and more relaxing than before during an already extremely stressful situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Leetiecha Martinson, Amy Fleming)
I formed a quick bond with both of my primary nurses during both times I was under Dr. Goldstein's care. One of which is no longer there. They made me feel like I was first on their list and answered any and all questions I had. They are pretty easy to get a hold of via phone or email. I am still friends with each of them today.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
I live out of state so the doctor allowed me to do my monitoring with my local OBGYN. That made a tremendous difference in my stress level during their care.

2012 - 2019
[Dr. Goldstein is] a wonderful Dr. He's a little quirky but knows what he's talking about. He's compassionate as well. Talks a little fast sometimes so I had to ask him to slow down or repeat what he said a couple of times. He did really take the time with us - multiple times - to talk through it all.... He is pro SET, not a big fan of DET because of the possible complications and risk to mother.
2012 - 2019
He's a wonderful Dr. He's a little quirky but knows what he's talking about. He's compassionate as well. Talks a little fast sometimes so I had to ask him to slow down or repeat what he said a couple of times. He did really take the time with us - multiple times - to talk through it all.
To do a little research on your own beforehand to get to know the terminology, general procedures, etc.
They are a busy office-because he's so great at what he does. Sometimes the waits were longer than we would have liked. But he does know his stuff!
We tried IUI once and it went exactly as planned. I was on Folistim and I did the trigger shot when I was called and it all went as planned. He was very thorough.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Tiecha)
They were all good and seemed to be organized.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Strengths: they know what they are doing, lots of experience. Lots of success with them. Weakness: It becomes a little 'businessy' at times and they are often busy and wait times are a little longer
I can't remember exactly but it was under $5,000 for IUI.

2014 - 2018
He [Dr. Goldstein] always asks how you’re doing, like truly. Not just because it the polite thing to ask. He takes the time to make sure all my questions are answered!...He’s a little “all over the place” at times but it’s because he’s thinking of every angle of your care. He thinks out loud and truly wants the best possible outcome. He always makes sure I know the plan and that I’m doing okay mentally and emotionally throughout the process.
2014 - 2018
Just prepare for him to be a little spacey at times but he’s truly a fantastic doctor
He always asks how you’re doing, like truly. Not just because it the polite thing to ask. He takes the time to make sure all my questions are answered!
We did stimming and egg retrieval and then froze all due to my estrogen being too high. We then waited a few weeks and did a frozen transfer of two embryos! Both stuck and we have twins!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Very organized and quick to respond to any questions I had
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Clinic is beautiful. Everyone is very friendly and understanding of your desire to have children. The rooms are clean, I never waited very long to be seen. Warm and inviting atmosphere vs cold doctors office!
My insurance covered 50% of our infertility treatment. So we paid about $10k for IVF and first transfer.
Frisco
Dr. Goldstein is very smart and knows what he is doing. He is not very timely, and has poor communication skills. He did well at explaining the basics of IVF but was not very good explaining things during the ultrasound. Other than that, I trust him with doing our IVF cycle. ... Dr. Goldstein is a very nice and smart guy, with poor communication skills.
To expect his poor communication skills, but know that he is a great doctor!
Dr. Goldstein is a very nice and smart guy, with poor communication skills.
I haven’t started my treatment yet with him. I have only had an initial consult.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
All of the nurses were so sweet, and really care about the patients. My nurse was amazing at explaining the next steps and helped me feel confident in the process.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The entire clinic staff was amazing. Very friendly and always wanting to help. They are quick to answer my calls and emails. They are great at explaining different things, and I believe that they truly care about the wellbeing of their patients.
The entire IVF cost is around $16,000. The PGS testing is around $2,000

2017 - 2019
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Goldstein is brilliant in his role. He’s very honest about what he believes is possible for you and you can see him thinking through what step is best for you. He is the first doctor I have been to that was able to successfully achieve pregnancy on the first try. He has high expectations and holds his staff to the same.... He advised that we should transfer one embryo as he has a high rate of twin pregnancies... For FET I took estradiol and progesterone IM injections each day.
2017 - 2019
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
He can be somewhat awkward in the beginning, but he is fantastic.
Dr. Goldstein always takes the time to explain
I can’t recall the drugs used for egg retrieval other than follostim. For FET I took estradiol and progesterone IM injections each day.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The clinic is very organized and upfront about costs. It is extremely busy, but if you are not seeing a doctor they can typically get you in and out quickly. They do a lot of lab work in the office. I prefer to go to one office and not between two offices.
Insurance covered quite a bit of our cost, but overall we spent about $7k between egg retrieval and FET.
Frisco

Dr. Goldstein took time, invested in us specifically and answered each question without hesitation or sugar coating it.... The man is Wise, his wisdom and knowledge is something that I craved during this process. He provided education regarding each step, goals and possible out comes. He answers every question and put my fears to rest.... He stated the goal is one healthy pregnancy, a healthy baby and a healthy mom.
Take time to listen when he speaks and is explaining the process. Stop him and ask questions if you have any.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Leanne and Amanda )
They were kind, informative and kept in touch constantly during the process.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Clinic is very busy, wait time is some times an hour for meeting with a doctor. But it is more than worth it. Routine labs and ultrasounds were quick and results early same day. Be patient with th process
IVF retrieval and one frozen transfer $12,351
He stated the goal is one healthy pregnancy, a healthy baby and a healthy mom.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
Dr Goldstein is a wonderful doctor. We plan to visit him again to transfer our third embryo. He is very smart and straightforward yet Compassionate and caring....He took the time to listen to us and treat us based on facts not just trying everything and taking our money... We did egg retrieval with icsi and pgs testing. My husband had a reduced sperm count. We pgs tested dt prior miscarriages
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
Dr Goldstein is a wonderful doctor. We plan to visit him again to transfer our third embryo. He is very smart and straightforward yet Compassionate and caring. We have recommended him to all of our friends and family going through fertility treatments
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Wendy)
They all worked well to deliver information timely either online or over the phone
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
All around fantastic organized clinic . They make sure you are informed every step of the way. I have nothing but positive things to say about them . From the front desk to the embryologist they will make sure you feel comfortable

Anovulation, Male Factor, Unexplained
Dr. Goldstein and all of his staff made my husband and I feel extremely comfortable.... Dr. Goldstein is very good at what he does! My husband and I came in feeling very nervous and he set our mind at ease. Very friendly and compassionate. Not only that, he explained everything in detail and answered all of our questions. We were not rushed out of the office — we felt very at home and like we’ve k own him for years. Just a wonderful man.
Anovulation, Male Factor, Unexplained
Very friendly and knowledgeable !
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Minimal wait time. Very friendly staff, nurses and doctor Goldstein is wonderful! Very comfortable environment and everyone was very welcoming from the beginning and each time we’ve been to the office. My husband and I are very glad that we chose Fertility Specialists of TX and especially Dr. Goldstein.
$60 copay and some charges for blood work. We were quoted around 2k for our IUI not including medication
Endometriosis, PCOS
He [Dr. Jerald Goldstein] was easy to speak to and listened to all my concerns and reassured me. He was also very blunt and straight forward with what was going to happen which I liked. He took his time with me being the first time I have seen a RE...He took his time to explain everything that was going to happen to me and made sure I was comfortable...I have OHSS and don't ovulate like I should so I was given pills to try and bring a normal period. They did not work. I was also given birth control to regulate my periods. Which also did not work.
Endometriosis, PCOS
He was easy to speak to and listened to all my concerns and reassured me. He was also very blunt and straight forward with what was going to happen which I liked. He took his time with me being the first time I have seen a RE.
Make a list of questions and take it with you. Ask ask ask.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The front desk nurses were not friendly and showed no compassion. They were always moody and I always felt like I was a inconvenience to them
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The doctors are awesome. The staff could use some work. Go in with a open mind
Because of my age and how infrequent my periods are I was told I would need to transfer to embryos.
Frisco

Dr. Goldstein was always caring and compassionate. He truly cares about every patient....Dr. G was always honest but compassionate. He is not the most articulate doctor, but he always explained everything in detail and was always willing to answer questions. He uses an individual approach instead of cookie cutter....Dr. Goldstein prescribed Lupron as part of my protocol. For the 2nd and 3rd transfers we used Lupron again...There was just one incident of miscommunication about what the next protocol would be, but nothing major
Follow all instructions carefully and ask questions if you don't understand.
We used frozen eggs from a previous doc for the first cycle. It ended in an early loss. At a previous doctor I ovulated through the meds, so Dr. Goldstein prescribed Lupron as part of my protocol. For the 2nd and 3rd transfers we used Lupron again.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Kelly)
Kelly was our care coordinator/oversaw most of our care. She was always kind and helpful.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Strengths: usually short wait times, compassionate staff, individual care Weaknesses: no locations south of Dallas, all were a long drive for us.
We had insurance coverage for most of the procedures.
It depends on the patient. He seems to prefer SET, but will transfer two if he thinks it will give the best chance as long as the patient consents
IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
He's [Dr. Goldstein] great - very smart and direct but lets you make decisions based on the information that he presents. We felt like he cared about our process and he was supportive throughout and always available to answer questions or concerns we might have had...He's a great Doctor....it was easy to deal with any issues that came up with their staff [Fertility Specialists of Texas]. Very direct and communicative. We were always able to reach the person we needed to within a few hours of calling.
IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
He's great - very smart and direct but lets you make decisions based on the information that he presents. We felt like he cared about our process and he was supportive throughout and always available to answer questions or concerns we might have had.
Don't hesitate! He's a great Doctor.
Super friendly staff and everyone was really excited and supportive throughout the whole process.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
It's a very nice space and it was easy to deal with any issues that came up with their staff. Very direct and communicative. We were always able to reach the person we needed to within a few hours of calling.
He strongly suggested the transfer of one embryo based on success rates and he was happy that we agreed.
Frisco

He addressed the medical side but validated that what we were going through wasn't easy and he cared about physical and emotional... After 3 other fertility doctors who weren't able to solve our problem, he figured it out at consult and had we scheduled for surgery a week later. I have waited to be seen by him, but I trust him and will continue my care with him!
He is very knowledgable! After 3 other fertility doctors who weren't able to solve our problem, he figured it out at consult and had we scheduled for surgery a week later. I have waited to be seen by him, but I trust him and will continue my care with him!
Be patient, be prepared to review your history several times. I believe he is taking it all in and that helps him make a decision.
I felt like he was able to put emotion to what we were going through. He addressed the medical side but validated that what we were going through wasn't easy and he cared about physical and emotional. The only down side is that every time we go in, it seems like he forgets who we are and needs to go over our whole chart to remember.

2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
He [Dr. Jerald Goldstein] examined my uterus after reviewing my history, diagnoses from previous doctors, and discussed what he thought about our plan moving forward...took the time to sit with us, review our history and really discuss what we had been through. He sympathized and was really caring from our first meeting on...Be open and provide as much history and info you can. He will listen and truly wants to help...The longest I've ever waited might be 15-20 minutes.
European, Other
2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. Goldstein related to us as patients and listened attentively while we reviewed our treatment history and losses. He definitely shows sympathy for losses that have occurred even though they were not while under his care.
Dr. Goldstein took the time to sit with us, review our history and really discuss what we had been through. He sympathized and was really caring from our first meeting on.
He examined my uterus after reviewing my history, diagnoses from previous doctors, and discussed what he thought about our plan moving forward.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Kramer)
Sarah Kramer is a top-notch nurse and caregiver! She follows up, answers questions clearly, communicates if she is going to be out of the office. Really all of the staff at Fertility Specialists of Texas (Frisco office) are top-notch!
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The clinic is busy, very busy! Yet I have never felt like a number! Everyone is warm and friendly! It can be hard to wait at any doctor's office. The longest I've ever waited might be 15-20 minutes. The staff really work as a team so if your regular doctor or nurse is unavailable, feel comfortable seeing one of the others.
Some appointments we had no charges Some we paid out of pocket as our insurance did not cover fertility treatment Ultrasound & lab appointments: $550 cash cost
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Other
I would recommend him [Dr. Jerald Goldstein] for the knowledge he has in the field but not for his bedside manners...I feel he woll get the job done just dont expect an emotional connection or response...We first went and he talked to us asking why we were there...which I felt was a crazy question. But we tslk in his office, he schedule a blood test, then told us what was going on. Then he came up with a plan...Thought he gave less interest when he found out that we would need assistance in helping us pay for treatment. But overall i would go through him because hes a great doctor in that field.
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Other
I believe he is good st wjat he does. But not so good at the emotionsl part, the bedside manners. I would recommend him for the knowledge he has in the field but not for his bedside manners. Thought he gave less interest when he found out that we would need assistance in helping us pay for treatment. But overall i would go through him because hes a great doctor in that field.
There was no emotion of what we was going through. Sometimes not even eye contact from some of the staff
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Some nursing staff i felt was rude. When I walked up to get checked in, i was telling her about the paperwork the doctor ask me to bring and she pick up the phone and started talking. Like I wasn't talking to her! She didnt even say hold on or excuse me. I think to work there you have to not show emotions. But there was like tge check in nurse and the coordinator that was very friendly and explaing every step!
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The offices are beautiful and c cold. The staff is there to work not to be kind or thoughtful of what you going through! Bring someone with you each visit because you want get any support or sympathy for your situation with the doctor or staff.
Very high