6.5

7095 Clyo Road
Dayton, OH 45459
937-458-5084

2017 - 2022, Unknown Success
he [Dr. Groll] has never shied away from hard truths, and he always takes the time to ensure that we understand the treatment plan. He doesn't go into loads of detail unless you ask, however, so if you are the type of person who is uncomfortable asking questions of doctors, he will seem very brief and curt. He has always been open to discussing alternative treatments and every fringe theory I've found on the internet, compassionately, and without making me feel desperate or crazy...
When I am face to face with the nurses [at SpringCreek Fertility], they are warm and friendly. When we are speaking on the phone, the whole IVF team is always eager to answer my questions, sometimes over-explaining things to ensure I understand. However, there isn't always a continuity of care. It's like they forget about me when I leave, we've discussed particulars of our case multiple times because they don't remember it from visit to visit...
How was your experience with Jeremy Groll at SpringCreek Fertility?
Dr. Groll is adorably awkward. We've joked about his love of all things 'geek' (Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Witcher, etc) and that awkwardness can come across in our interactions sometimes. However, he has never shied away from hard truths, and he always takes the time to ensure that we understand the treatment plan. He doesn't go into loads of detail unless you ask, however, so if you are the type of person who is uncomfortable asking questions of doctors, he will seem very brief and curt. He has always been open to discussing alternative treatments and every fringe theory I've found on the internet, compassionately, and without making me feel desperate or crazy.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeremy Groll at SpringCreek Fertility?
Speak up! He's going to assume you understand everything unless you speak up. He knows that people who end up in his office have typically already done a ton of research, so he operates on the assumption that everyone has a baseline of knowledge of terms and procedures.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeremy Groll at SpringCreek Fertility?
When I am face to face with the nurses, they are warm and friendly. When we are speaking on the phone, the whole IVF team is always eager to answer my questions, sometimes over-explaining things to ensure I understand. However, there isn't always a continuity of care. It's like they forget about me when I leave, we've discussed particulars of our case multiple times because they don't remember it from visit to visit.
Describe the protocols Jeremy Groll used in your cycles at SpringCreek Fertility and their degree of success.
Our IUI was simply a matter of convenience, my husband had a great sperm count on his last SA and we had our consult right before my cycle started. I was only on Clomid for that cycle. My egg retrieval was with estrace, Menopur, Ganirelix, Follistim, and a trigger of Ovidrel. My treatment was fairly standard, with twice daily oral estrace, once daily injections of Menopur and Follistim for 10 days, 4 days of Ganirelix, then a single dose of Ovidrel the day before retrieval. I do not have any diagnosis that would imply an issue with egg quality or quantity, so I believe this is the clinics standard protocol. I had to stim for 2 days longer than we planned, but we were able to get 5 more follicles to size by waiting those 2 days. We retrieved 20 eggs, and ended up with 5 usable embryos. Dr. Groll was happy with that number, as he that was the number he had projected at the beginning. All three of our transfers have had the exact same protocol, which is the clinic template. Estrace orally three times a day, acyclovir and letrozole for 5 days starting the day after baseline. 5 days before transfer, I started vaginal prometrium (twice daily), Prednisone (twice daily), Z-Pack, and Progesterone in Oil. Our first transfer ended in a miscarriage at 10 weeks, and the other two were failed. Dr. Groll wanted to do ab ERA after our second FET (first failure), but we decided to wait. We are starting on the process of an ERA now!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at SpringCreek Fertility.
They rotate a lot, there's only been 1 nurse who has stayed the whole 5 years we've been with the clinic. But they are all bubbly, compassionate, and knowledgeable. They also aren't afraid to say "You know, I'm not 100% sure, let me check and I'll call you right back", which I really appreciate.
Describe your experience with SpringCreek Fertility.
Strengths - communication, knowledgeable, hands-on treatment by Dr. Groll, flexible Weaknesses - lots of turnover in staff, large clientele *Don't be afraid to ask questions, ask for explanations if necessary, advocate for yourself!!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeremy Groll at SpringCreek Fertility.
**We were cash pay, so that does affect these totals** Egg Retrieval (including ICSI and PGS) - $14,759 Frozen Embryo Transfer - $3750 Transfer medication - $750
Describe Jeremy Groll's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at SpringCreek Fertility.
Dr. Groll is very opinionated on eSET. When we asked about the possibility of transferring more than one embryo, he said, point blank, no. He said, "My goal is to ensure a healthy pregnancy and healthy mama. There is no evidence to support the risks of a multiple pregnancy over the success ratio of transferring multiple embryos." When my husband asked for clarification, he said "There is no reliable evidence that a transfer with multiple embryos that successfully results in a single birth wouldn't have been successful if only 1 embryo was transferred. However the risks of pregnancy with multiples is well documented. It's not worth the risk to your wife's health to potentially have a multiple pregnancy."
Describe the specific things that went wrong at SpringCreek Fertility.
My medication wasn't called into the local pharmacy, which led to me running around for simple meds at the last minute.
2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Groll himself is very knowledgeable. He is up-to-date on all of the recent studies and medical advancements in the fertility industry. It would get overwhelming when he would explain things and try to help us understand. He was always very quiet and reserved when speaking as if to "get the job done". He had sympathy, but also was very much a "let's move on" type of person... Kind of felt rushed and pressured at some points.
Also, when we signed all the paperwork for IVF [at Spring Creek Fertility] we signed a form for cryopreservation of our embryos stating it'd be $1000 for the first year then $300 each additional year. We paid the first $1000, but when the next year came around, I received a bill for $540 to be paid in 5 weeks. Not very much warning. After speaking with the financial/billing lady, she said that they switched providers and tried to alert the patients as early as they could. Problem # 1 is that I signed an agreement that it'd be $300, so that's not cool. Problem #2 is that they wanted me to get $540 together as if that's not a big deal. If they had given me a grace period and allowed a few more weeks I could have pulled from a couple paychecks to get it together all in one lump sum.
How was your experience with Jeremy Groll at SpringCreek Fertility?
Dr. Groll himself is very knowledgeable. He is up-to-date on all of the recent studies and medical advancements in the fertility industry. It would get overwhelming when he would explain things and try to help us understand. He was always very quiet and reserved when speaking as if to "get the job done". He had sympathy, but also was very much a "let's move on" type of person. I had two chemical pregnancies, so he was quick to move us on. After my miscarriages, he knew we had to miscarry and let my body heal, but it was very much a "prices go up at the beginning of the year" or "I still think we have a chance of this working." Kind of felt rushed and pressured at some points. The nursing staff was always helpful and nice. They would give hugs and encouraging words. I liked the touch of giving out the bracelets at each stage of IVF. A nice little touch. Although, towards the end, after 4 rounds (1 fresh IVF cycle and 3 frozen) I felt like Dr. Groll was grasping at straws trying to get us answers and was trying to justify to himself why we couldn't stay pregnant. More, of a "this girl has been through 4 rounds and it's still not working, what am I doing wrong?" kind of feel.
Don't be afraid to advocate for yourself. If you do not feel that the route he is suggesting is right for you, don't be afraid to speak up. Also, if he does not change a protocol or you have a side effect, etc. Contact the office and tell them. Remember...this is YOUR treatment, not theirs, you get to decide what happens.
The office staff was always very nice and welcoming from the start. It took us a while to get the money together for IVF so they would call us every once in a while during that time to check in on us and make sure we were ok and asked if there was anything else they could do for us while we waited. They always worked with us to make sure we got the best prices and answers we could.
For my fresh IVF cycle I was on: Follistim/ Gonal F; Menopur; Ganirelix; and Ovidrel for trigger. Then right before transfer I had Progesterone-in-oil and Prometrium. As I went on to frozen cycles I had Methylfolate added, Prednisone, and Lovenox/Baby Aspirin. The Methylfolate was due to MTHFR factor; Predisone was for natural killer cell agent; and Lovenox and baby aspirin were for a blood clotting disorder. PIO and Prometrium never changed. I also had Medrol for about 4 days for each transfer.
Describe your experience with SpringCreek Fertility.
Strength: Great nursing staff. Debbie was always super sweet to us. Kris was our IVF nurse and she always answered calls and emails for me, even after hours. I also was able to contact the medical assistant, Jordan, when Dr. Groll was not available. So that was helpful. I also had good communication with the financial ladies when talking about pricing. There were times though that I felt like I was pressured to move on with a cycle. Let's say that the FET would cost $3000 they'd quote me that on July 10th and say that in order to do it in August, I had to pay it by July 20th. Ten days is not very long to get together that amount of money. At times I felt as if they just wanted the money/patients. Working with patients in which a good majority of them do not have insurance coverage, you have to be mindful of this and remember that thousands of dollars is not easy for people to just scrounge together. Also, when we signed all the paperwork for IVF we signed a form for cryopreservation of our embryos stating it'd be $1000 for the first year then $300 each additional year. We paid the first $1000, but when the next year came around, I received a bill for $540 to be paid in 5 weeks. Not very much warning. After speaking with the financial/billing lady, she said that they switched providers and tried to alert the patients as early as they could. Problem # 1 is that I signed an agreement that it'd be $300, so that's not cool. Problem #2 is that they wanted me to get $540 together as if that's not a big deal. If they had given me a grace period and allowed a few more weeks I could have pulled from a couple paychecks to get it together all in one lump sum. They did not so I now have $45 taken out of my account every month to cover this. Another issue is your medical records. They are charging you a ridiculous amount for your medical records. If you need them for insurance or your primary doc or whatever, be prepared to pay a ridiculous amount. It's not just a printing or mailing fee...but a legit fee. Their reasoning is that 1. all practices are going to this...which is complete BS and not true. 2. due to the amount of time it takes to compile the records, that is why we have to pay. So basically you are paying for an office personnel to do their job. Electronic records..records that are already stored in the computer so they need to either print them off or drag them to a flash drive to send to you. So be prepared for yet ANOTHER bill from them if you ever want your records. OR fight them like I did and tell them how ridiculous this policy is and that they've already taken nearly $20,000 of my money...what do they need $75 more for??
IVF was roughly $8000 + another $2000 for meds so around $10,000 total. Each FET ranged from $3000-$3500 + meds. I'd say grand total with procedures, meds, bloodwork, etc, we're looking at roughly $20,000.
He let us decide each time if we wanted to transfer one or two embryos. He would tell us the pros and cons of each but ultimately left it up to us. We had a twin miscarriage so after that, he advised us to just do one, however, he was not against us doing two. We elected to do one that round.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at SpringCreek Fertility.
Just the medical records policy is complete crap, so watch out for that. If you call the office be prepared to talk to a nurse, which is fine, but if you want to ask the doctor specifically, ask for him. Read the fine print on all paperwork so you don't have any hidden fees (i.e. cryo fees and medical records release fees).
Dayton
Basically, I would take Femara, have an ultrasound to check follicles, based on that result, I would get my trigger date (I was given Pregnyl) and the IUI was scheduled usually ~18 hours after the trigger...I did not actually see Dr. Groll much. I mostly worked with the NP. However, every time I worked with him was a great experience and I found him very thorough, kind, and experienced. He never hesitated to answer my questions and would explain everything to my understanding.
The whole staff [at Spring Creek Fertiity] were very kind and welcoming. They never seemed annoyed at all the questions I had or the late night calls when I was having anxiety over something treatment-related...I absolutely LOVED the nursing staff and the NP (who was my primary care here). They were all extremely compassionate and helpful. They will sit and cry with you, console you, talk you through things, the works. The only weakness is trying to get ahold of them, sometimes feels like you’re playing phone tag.
How was your experience with Jeremy Groll at SpringCreek Fertility?
He is worth your time! As he is the only Doctor at SpringCreek, sometimes it is hard to reach him personally but keep trying! I never waited more than a day to hear from him directly.
The whole staff were very kind and welcoming. They never seemed annoyed at all the questions I had or the late night calls when I was having anxiety over something treatment-related.
With very irregular periods and not ovulating most of the time, we used Femara for all 3 cycles. On the first cycle, I was taking 5mg on days 3-7 and then had an ultrasound to check out the follicles. I didn’t respond to this, so I went up to 7.5mg for a few days (can’t remember) but we had growth and I was responding well. I used 7.5mg for the last two cycles. Basically, I would take Femara, have an ultrasound to check follicles, based on that result, I would get my trigger date (I was given Pregnyl) and the IUI was scheduled usually ~18 hours after the trigger.
Describe your experience with your nurse at SpringCreek Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Julie Castellanos)
Describe your experience with SpringCreek Fertility.
The front desk receptionists are phenomenal and will always answer the phones and answer to their best abilities. It’s hard to get ahold of Dr. Groll and nurses sometimes through the nurse line because they’re very busy but they do a great job of getting back as soon as they can. Overall, warm environment. Refreshments are available in the lobby area. There’s a TV always playing a movie of some sort when you are in the waiting room/lobby area.
We bought a 3 IUI cycle package which was ~$3500. This included baseline ultrasounds, blood tests (Progesterone & Beta), medications (Femara & Pregnyl). We also spent ~$2100 (3 vials) on Donor Sperm for each cycle.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at SpringCreek Fertility.
My first IUI cycle was right around Christmas and the clinic was closed on Christmas Eve and Christmas. This caused some scheduling conflict. We had problems with follicle growth. So I was on Femara for the typical days but no growth, so we upped the dose that cycle, stretching it out a little bit. From the size of follicles after my second ultrasound, they was one that was an iffy 18mm (this was a Friday) and was told we may cancel this cycle. Well, they didn’t cancel but instead made the IUI for Dec. 26 (5 days later). I had EWCM on Christmas Eve (Monday) and was positive I ovulated. I called the on-call person for that weekend and I was told it was fine, due to my follicle size I probably wasn’t ovulating and we continued with the IUI Wednesday. I felt like this cycle was rushed and I did not trust what I was being told but I think I was too excited to cancel and listened to what they said. I truly believe this was a wasted cycle and wish I would’ve spoke up and cancelled it.
Dayton

Dr. Grill [Dr. Jeremy Groll] met with my husband and I at an initial consultation that lasted over an hour. He gave very detailed explanations of his experience and after looking at our charts and discussing our history, he gave a very detailed explanation of what he felt would be our best option. I did not see him as often in the following appointments, but the nurse practitioner always referred to him before finalizing our next steps. I felt very comfortable with the nurse practitioner so not seeing him as often did not bother me.
Strength [for SpringCreek Fertility] - They were extremely flexible with scheduling appointments. Their hours are very convenient. They are very sensitive and supportive. Weakness- My husband and I are not considering IVF at this point, and I felt that at the initial consultation, IVF was pushed a little too much.... Because of the financial aspect, my husband and I decided to purchase a 3 IUI bundle.
How was your experience with Jeremy Groll at SpringCreek Fertility?
Dr. Grill met with my husband and I at an initial consultation that lasted over an hour. He gave very detailed explanations of his experience and after looking at our charts and discussing our history, he gave a very detailed explanation of what he felt would be our best option. I did not see him as often in the following appointments, but the nurse practitioner always referred to him before finalizing our next steps. I felt very comfortable with the nurse practitioner so not seeing him as often did not bother me.
I would tell them to find a balance between listening to the reality of your situation that he describes while also maintaining hope.
At each appointment both Dr. Groll and the nurses always asked me about my life outside of the fertility treatments. They were always quick to ask for any concerns and answer any questions that I had.
Because of the financial aspect, my husband and I decided to purchase a 3 IUI bundle. With this we were given 3 cycles of monitoring and medication. I called Dr. Groll's office on day one of my cycle and scheduled a baseline ultrasound and blood work for day 4. During that appointment, I had no cysts visible on an ultrasound and had a negative pregnancy blood test so I started Femara that evening. I took 2 pills ( I can't remember the exact dosage) on day 4 through day 8. On day 11 I had another ultrasound and saw that I had one follicle measuring at 17 millimeters. On day 13 I gave myself a trigger shot period on day 16 I had an IUI. 5 days later I gave myself a booster shot. I started my period on day 29. I am now on day 10 of my second cycle with Femara. I took it day three- seven. Today my largest follicle was 12 mms so I'm going to have another ultrasound in 2 days.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at SpringCreek Fertility.
Strength- They always seemed to remember me. They were extremely personable and sensitive. Negative- One particular nurse was very spazzy and overwhelming.
Describe your experience with SpringCreek Fertility.
Strength- They were extremely flexible with scheduling appointments. Their hours are very convenient. They are very sensitive and supportive. Weakness- My husband and I are not considering IVF at this point, and I felt that at the initial consultation, IVF was pushed a little too much.
3 IUI bundle was $2,500.
Dayton

With Dr Groll we went straight into IUI after a few tests because I had already completed a few rounds of clinic treatments with another doctor...He is a very compassionate and understanding person. He explains everything throughout the process and prepares you for what is next to come. I have never get pressured to make a decision quickly which helps throughout this process. He also makes sure you understand how common what we are going through is so you don’t feel alone. I have always felt I was in good hands with a knowledgeable professional with years of experience.
They [nurses at SpringCreek Fertility] are all very knowledgeable and make you feel comfortable. They answer all your questions while showing compassion...Everyone is very friendly and compassionate. The one weakness I would say is sometimes there isn’t enough seating in the waiting room but I have never waited to long for my appointment. The staff is amazing on the phone and in person...They forgot to call me 1 time with results but called me back as soon as I left a message.
How was your experience with Jeremy Groll at SpringCreek Fertility?
Go in with an open mind and don’t be afraid to ask questions
Everyone in the office is friendly and makes you feel very welcome
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at SpringCreek Fertility.
They are all very knowledgeable and make you feel comfortable. They answer all your questions while showing compassion.
Testing, IUI, medications
We have not completed these, this is our next process that we are saving up for.
Dayton

Dr Groll is very knowledgeable about his profession and wants you to succeed as a patient of his. During consultations he took the time we needed to get all of our questions answered. He does at times use jargon that I did not understand but when asked he would simplify it so I did...He prefers to transfer only one embryo but supported our decision to transfer two.
[SpringCreek Fertility has] The most caring nurses and staff I could have ever asked for. From the front staff, to the nurses cheering for you to succeed, to the phlebotomist who was beyond kind when I was nervous to everyone in between, there couldn’t have been a better more compassionate grout of people...I had to check on a few prescriptions that had not been sent in
How was your experience with Jeremy Groll at SpringCreek Fertility?
If you don’t understand something he said don’t be afraid to ask questions on it. He wants you to feel comfortable and understand the whole process.
Dr. Groll makes sure you are comfortable and takes the time to listen not just look at you as another patient in line. He is extremely knowledgeable in his work.
Describe your experience with SpringCreek Fertility.
Strengths- compassion for you and what you a going through no matter what your story. Weakness- I had to check on a few prescriptions that had not been sent in Other- they will price match for ivf procedure so I highly recommend pricing out places to save yourself some money
IUI around 500 each Ivf with meds cots 14,000
Dayton
He knew my history before he walked in.... Dr. Groll is a very intelligent man. He has always been nice and compassionate when I have had to see him. I think its great I saw him at every appointment for the amount of money I am spendin for IVF. I do feel he should offer all testing upfront instead of adding in testing after every cycle....I am on prednisone for high killer cells in my body. We are using this to supress my immune system.
Strengths would be everyone is so nice and friendly. They [SpringCreek Fertility] return phone calls within a timely manner. The clinic is clean and has a friendly environment. Weakness is you are not called at the same time every time for results so you sit around waiting... The nursing staff is amazing. They return phone calls in a resonable time. They provide you with whatever you need. I could not ask for a better nursing team to care for me
How was your experience with Jeremy Groll at SpringCreek Fertility?
Go in with a list of questions and be ready to learn a lot
He knew my history before he walked in. I did not have to remind him everytime my past medical history
Describe your experience with SpringCreek Fertility.
Strengths would be everyone is so nice and friendly. They return phone calls within a timely manner. The clinic is clean and has a friendly environment. Weakness is you are not called at the same time every time for results so you sit around waiting
Ivf cost around $12,000 Frozen transfer around $3100
He perfers a single embryo transfer due to the chances of multiples, but will transfer two if you want to ot have had failed attempts
Dayton
Dr. Groll was kind. He seemed to truly care and listened to our concerns. He was very helpful and patient in answering our questions. You can tell he cares for his patients. He wants to help you achieve your dreams of becoming a parent...We did 3 IUIs. I was on clomid and hormone injections every cycle. We would do ultrasounds to check on egg size and would schedule the IUI when we thought we would be able to receive the best results.
Julie [nurse at Spring Creek Fertility] was very kind. She was very patient and knowledgeable. She was very compassionate. She truly cares for her patients and helping them achieve their dream of becoming parents...The costs of treatment we're below national average...very easy to schedule with...made you feel like family. There were a several nurses and staff members who were great emotional support. Many of the staff have received treatments as well so that really helps with emotional support.
How was your experience with Jeremy Groll at SpringCreek Fertility?
Make a list of questions to take to your consult
Dr. Groll and his staff were very kind and personable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at SpringCreek Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Julie)
Julie was very kind. She was very patient and knowledgeable. She was very compassionate. She truly cares for her patients and helping them achieve their dream of becoming parents.
Describe your experience with SpringCreek Fertility.
Spring Creek was very easy to schedule with. They we'e always their to answer questions, be supportive, and made you feel like family. There were a several nurses and staff members who were great emotional support. Many of the staff have received treatments as well so that really helps with emotional support.
The costs of treatment we're below national average.

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Groll] explained things well. He was very kind and available to answer questions. He was resistant to discussing alternate treatments or test that i wanted such as immune protocol and allergy protocol. I did not achieve any pregnancy with dr groll which was very disappointing.... Strengths are they [SpringCreek Fertility] are all helpful and knowledgeable. The focus on money and payments would be a weakness. I dont know what else to say. None of my treatments did not work, i did not achieve a viable pregnancy
Everyone in the office [SpringCreek Fertility] is very helpful and willing to go above and beyond... Strengths are they are all helpful and knowledgeable. The focus on money and payments would be a weakness. I dont know what else to say. None of my treatments did not work, i did not achieve a viable pregnancy... He [Dr. Groll] explained things well. He was very kind and available to answer questions. He was resistant to discussing alternate treatments or test that i wanted such as immune protocol and allergy protocol.
How was your experience with Jeremy Groll at SpringCreek Fertility?
He explained things well. He was very kind and available to answer questions. He was resistant to discussing alternate treatments or test that i wanted such as immune protocol and allergy protocol. I did not achieve any pregnancy with dr groll which was very disappointing.
Be open minded
Everyone in the office is very helpful and willing to go above and beyond
I dont remember rationale but it didnt work
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at SpringCreek Fertility.
The nursong staff was very helpful
750 per iui cycle
Describe the specific things that went wrong at SpringCreek Fertility.
I had a missed appt on my chart that i didnt know about. I did not achieve pregnancy

Surrogacy With Other Docs
[Dr. Groll is] very personable and empathetic... He’s great and communicates well if you’re an in-state patient. Once you become an out-of-state patient though, communication goes out the window. He’s a great doctor. But I wish my last transfer’s protocol was a little different....He prefers transferring only one embryo at a time... The clinic [SpringCreek] is AMAZING. Clean. Welcoming. The receptionists are so great. Kind and personable. The embryologist is amazing too.
The clinic [SpringCreek Fertility] is AMAZING. Clean. Welcoming. The receptionists are so great. Kind and personable. The embryologist is amazing too. They have the most up-to-date technologies. The lab is convenient and clean.... They were great but don’t communicate that well when you’re an out-of-state patient... [Dr. Groll] prefers transferring only one embryo at a time
Be your own advocate
He’s very personable and empathetic
I don’t remember
Describe your experience with SpringCreek Fertility.
The clinic is AMAZING. Clean. Welcoming. The receptionists are so great. Kind and personable. The embryologist is amazing too. They have the most up-to-date technologies. The lab is convenient and clean.
I spent over 15k
He prefers transferring only one embryo at a time
Dayton

Dr Groll is very educated and knows his facts. He explains procedures and gives statistical facts on success rates of different procedures. ... my husband still asks me questions about things that he didn’t understand. ... My first visit included a consultation where we went over my medical history and my husbands medical history. I had several labs drawn. Some which were not covered by insurance. My first round of treatment included femara 5mg for 5 days.
The clinic [SpringCreek] is very clean and up to date. It is very welcoming and furniture and comfortable. The welcome staff is very professional and always have smiles on their faces. They have their own lab technicians where they can draw labs and get same day results. ... I have only had one problem with prescriptions not being ordered or called in. Luckily it was a simple fix.
How was your experience with Jeremy Groll at SpringCreek Fertility?
Dr Groll is very educated and knows his facts. He explains procedures and gives statistical facts on success rates of different procedures. Before going to the clinic for the first time I was told that he is kind of awkward. I personally have had no issues with him and think that he is just very smart and knows what he is talking about. Being a nurse I understand a bit more about procedures than a typical patient might so i definitely have a different perspective. my husband still asks me questions about things that he didn’t understand.
be patient and be honest about symptoms. Even though I haven’t gotten my BFP I am still encouraged that dr groll and his team will help me accomplish my dreams of having a baby.
The office and it’s staff are very friendly and recognize me every time I am there. They give realistic expectations and educate you on procedures and results
My first visit included a consultation where we went over my medical history and my husbands medical history. I had several labs drawn. Some which were not covered by insurance. My first round of treatment included femara 5mg for 5 days. Ultrasounds to assess follicle growth and trigger shot along with timed intercourse. Second round included femara 5mg, trigger shot and IUI. Third round included femara 5mg trigger shot and IUI. I was also placed on several different medications to adjust certain hormone levels.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at SpringCreek Fertility.
Nursing staff is very professional and compassionate. They always are willing to help out and answer questions. They understand the stressors that patients are going through. They are very approachable with questions and concerns.
Describe your experience with SpringCreek Fertility.
The clinic is very clean and up to date. It is very welcoming and furniture and comfortable. The welcome staff is very professional and always have smiles on their faces. They have their own lab technicians where they can draw labs and get same day results.
Insurance covered basic appointments for ultrasounds. They did not cover trigger shots or procedures such as IUI. Insurance did not cover genetic testing either. On average I spent around 1500 per IUI cycle.
Dayton
The clinic is very nice and cozy. The phlebotomy lab is also very clean. The patient rooms are clean, well organized, and feel very private. The [SpringCreek Fertility] front desk staff is very knowledgeable and friendly. We would arrive very early on insemination days...My nurse continued to call to check up on me after we declined IVF. She also understood when I asked to not be contacted since I was still mourning the failed IUIs. I’m confident that if I reached out, the nursing staff would be delighted to help us again
How was your experience with Jeremy Groll at SpringCreek Fertility?
Dr. Groll is incredibly smart. He was very careful to explain why he was choosing the treatment path for us. He was very scientific in his explanations and gave good reasoning for everything. He answered all of our questions and elaborated if we asked him to. My only issue was that at the end our failed IUIs, he suggested going to IVF immediately. We weren’t ready to take that step due to the financial obligations. At that point, he gave us our exit package and dismissed us. He never went over our package which detailed all of our IUIs and gave us suggestions on what to do next. He said that if we had questions over it to call and he would explain, but I got the feeling that if we didn’t want to do IVF that he wasn’t going to take as much care to explain everything like he did in the beginning.
Be ready to stand your ground if you don’t agree with his treatment plan. He can be a little pushy but he won’t speak poorly about your decision. Instead, he’ll likely just move on to the next patient.
I felt like I was treated very well until the end when we decided to not move forward with IVF at that time. Once we decided to take a break, I felt that Dr. Groll checked out of his care for me. The nurses were always amazing though! It’s just a shame because if we do need to try IVF, I’m afraid we’ll be treated as less than because we didn’t jump right in after our failed IUIs.
Our first step was a saline sonogram, bloodwork for my husband and I, and a sperm collection for my husband. Once we talked about my husband’s sperm and my ovaries and uterus, we decided to wait until I had my next period. It took a few months, but my period came. I went in for a baseline scan and I was on Femara for five days (5 mg dose). My next scan indicated waiting two days before my Ovidrel injection. The day after my injection we did our first insemination. That did not result in a pregnancy, but my period came 28 days after the previous period. My baseline scan indicated I had some eggs growing on my ovaries so they lowered my dose to 2.5 mg for only four days. The next scan indicated I should do my injection that night with insemination the following day. This still did not result in pregnancy. Again I got my period and we did four days of Femara at 2.5 mg. The next day I did my injection and then insemination the following day. No pregnancy after the third IUI. At this point we decided to stop treatment instead of pursuing IVF.
The entire nursing staff is amazing! They’re all so warm, very patient to explain everything, and incredibly understanding. My nurse continued to call to check up on me after we declined IVF. She also understood when I asked to not be contacted since I was still mourning the failed IUIs. I’m confident that if I reached out, the nursing staff would be delighted to help us again!
Describe your experience with SpringCreek Fertility.
The clinic is very nice and cozy. The phlebotomy lab is also very clean. The patient rooms are clean, well organized, and feel very private. The front desk staff is very knowledgeable and friendly. We would arrive very early on insemination days. The staff was kind enough to let us help pick the movie they would start playing. They truly helped you feel as comfortable as possible.
Each round of IUI was $1100. The testing we did before starting treatment was about $400 after insurance. We opted to do additional testing at the end for about $40 after insurance.