Medical SchoolNew York Med Col
FellowshipYale
8901 E. Mountain View Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
480.661.4141
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jesse Hade to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Boston IVF The Arizona Center to a friend?
Dr. Hade was a great Doctor, it just seemed like the end goal was always IVF no matter the outcome. ... I think if someone is looking to treat their infertility other ways, it might not be a good fit... It started with 100mg Clomid, and a trigger shot, the day before ovulation. During one of my last blood work/ultrasound appointments just before insemination day, Dr. Hade expressed concern about the size of the eggs I was producing. It was mentioned right then and there, that IVF might be our next step. He had us give it a day or two before day of insemination, in hopes that the eggs would grow, and they did so we moved forward with first IUI. Unfortunately it didn't take, so we moved on...all while keeping IVF in the back of our minds.
How was your experience with Jesse Hade at Boston IVF The Arizona Center?
Dr. Hade was a great Doctor, it just seemed like the end goal was always IVF no matter the outcome. I have seen two other Doctors since Hade, and both agree IVF is the most aggressive approach for someone my age/situation. I think if someone is looking to treat their infertility other ways, it might not be a good fit.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jesse Hade at Boston IVF The Arizona Center?
Weigh out your options and don't be afraid to get second or even third opinions. IVF isn't the end all be all, that is unless you're okay with the risks and most discouraging; the cost.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jesse Hade at Boston IVF The Arizona Center?
There never really seemed to be a positive Doctor/Patient relationship. It even felt like he'd forget our particular situation in-between appointments.
Describe the protocols Jesse Hade used in your cycles at Boston IVF The Arizona Center and their degree of success.
Treatment started with several tests, most of my husband and I had already done. With the exception of HSG test, which was a quick and what I would think important test to have done. Everything was seemingly pretty smooth, until my first IUI. It started with 100mg Clomid, and a trigger shot, the day before ovulation. During one of my last blood work/ultrasound appointments just before insemination day, Dr. Hade expressed concern about the size of the eggs I was producing. It was mentioned right then and there, that IVF might be our next step. He had us give it a day or two before day of insemination, in hopes that the eggs would grow, and they did so we moved forward with first IUI. Unfortunately it didn't take, so we moved on...all while keeping IVF in the back of our minds. Needless to say we moved forward with the 2nd IUI with no success...it wasn't a day after the negative test result that we were in the office to discuss IVF treatment, and in the Financial coordinator's office immediately after our consult. I truly appreciate Dr. Hade's apprehension to continue clomid assisted IUI, but it just seemed like no matter what, we were going to end up doing IVF.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF The Arizona Center.
It is a great clinic, in a really nice location. The staff is great, and you hardly ever end up waiting very long to be seen. The front desk coordinator, is amazing. She always remembered us, and made us feel at ease every time we had to be seen by Dr. Hyde
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jesse Hade at Boston IVF The Arizona Center.
Consults were usually $140, the IUIs were $850, the medication needed for the IUI was $250.
3 IUI, IVF, Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Dr. Hade first tried an unmedicated IUI cycle. At my request, we then proceeded with two medicated IUI cycles. He was willing to continue with one more IUI cycle but also suggested moving forward with IVF. At my request we went ahead and stopped the IUI cycles to proceed with an IVF cycle which we are currently in the process of doing... He's not exactly cold but he doesn't seem to show much emotion.
3 IUI, IVF, Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Jesse Hade at Boston IVF The Arizona Center?
Dr. Hade did a thorough job trying to determine exactly what was going on when I first went to him as a patient. I felt that he did very good job of explaining the risks due to my condition as well as my odds. He was also open to moving forward with my preference of treatment even though they were not his typical course of treatment for other patients. I appreciated that he was willing to listen to my needs. Although, I feel he could be a bit more personable in terms of emotionally. He's not exactly cold but he doesn't seem to show much emotion.
Just because you don't have success on the first or even second try don't give up.
Human-they used my name and made sure I understood every aspect of the treatment. They also answered my questions in a timely manner. Number-billing wasn't very willing to answer questions and they were difficult to get ahold of.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF The Arizona Center. (Assigned nurse: Kristen Meirick)
Kristen was good at getting back to my promptly. She was able to answer my questions immediately and if she didn't have an answer she was always able to find the answer in a timely fashion. Kristen was very helpful with getting my prescriptions called in and ready for me. The rest of the nursing staff was good as well but not all of them were as friendly as Kristen.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF The Arizona Center.
The clinic is good at getting you in quickly and the personnel are very friendly. The billing department is the clinics biggest weakness. They are not good at getting back to you in a timely manner. Also when they send you paperwork they don't tell you it needs to be submitted immediately and expect you to have it done within hours.
Initial visit was a $30 co-pay. Each IUI cycle was $750 plus co-pays for each visit. The IVF cycle with PGS in $10,500 plus co-pays for each visit.
Describe Jesse Hade's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF The Arizona Center.
Dr. Hade suggested doing a single embryo transfer due to my condition.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Jesse Hade at Boston IVF The Arizona Center?
We did IVF with Dr. Hade, we retrieved 11 eggs, 9 fertilized, 2 made it to freeze. We were told from the beginning we were only transferring one embryo, which my husband was onboard with because he was terrified of twins. We completed our first FET which was unsuccessful we met for our follow up appointment and Dr. Hade was open to changing our protocol. He spent plenty of time explaining our different options. Because I was so devastated that our first transfer failed, I actually asked him for an anti-depressant he stopped me right there and said "if your head is not in this we need to stop and give you time. I want you to think about things. Your head has to be in it. Call me in a few days with your decision." That was hard to hear but it's what I needed to hear, I appreciate that he was looking out for me and was willing to put a pause on things to allow me to get my mind right. We took time, I got my head back in the game. We decided to change the protocol and transfer our last embryo, and it was successful, extremely successful because our embryo split!
Know that Dr. Hade uses the protocols that are back by evidence. He seems very well versed in the latest research and treatment protocols, which is truly what you want.
Dr. Hade was clear and direct as to what our issue was, after we left another clinic being labeled with "endometriosis, but more likely not the endo and more of a unexplained infertility." Dr. Hade explained that while I have endometriosis, pregnancy was not out of the equation for us.
For our ER we did low dose HCG, Gonal F, and Cetrotide for approximately 10 days. For our first FET we did a standard protocol of Estrogen tablets and patches, Crinone, and PIO. This transfer we were unsuccessful. Dr. Hade presented us with three options for our next FET: keep the protocol the same, natural protocol, or shut my body down into a pseudo-menopause state for three months. Second FET we did a Natural Protocol. Less meds, more monitoring but better on me overall. Went in for routine monitoring, triggered to make my body release an egg and then transfer our embryo.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF The Arizona Center. (Assigned nurse: Roshne, Tammy, and Jen)
Roshne was my primary nurse, she was the best! I could call her directly and if she was with a patient she was always quick to call me back, and answer my questions, if she didn't know the answer she would go find it and got back to me quickly. She was encouraging and positive which is what you need during this process.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF The Arizona Center.
The clinic is nice, clean, and well organized. Calling to get an appointment was pretty easy never was on hold for too long. The only thing I didn't like, but not a big deal (nor a reflection of their clinic) is their financial person is located on the east coast so you have to make sure you don't call them too late in the day because you would have to wait to get a call back
IVF was $13,000 PGS was $5,000 Medications (Stims and two transfer protocols) $4,000
Boston IVF is very clear on their stance for eSET, it's posted in the waiting room, Dr. Hade will repeat it to you too. If you are under 35 you are only transferring one at a time to minimize the risk of multiples. We were well informed that only one was to be transferred. I didn't think we would be in a position to have our embryo split into identical twins. Dr. Hade did warn us that it could happen but the chances were low. I think we even chuckled at him, like we are infertile odds don't swing in our favor that way...we were wrong.
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
We liked that Dr. Hade was straightforward with us. He looked at all our history and expressed the things that concerned him that could be causing our infertility. He was realistic about our chances of success with IVF and gave his recommendations...He is a little bit more on the blunt side but don't let that dissuade you and don't assume that just because he's a little blunt he doesn't care....Part of the rationale for doing an FET and not a fresh transfer was to give my uterus time to rest and normalize after all the stims
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Jesse Hade at Boston IVF The Arizona Center?
We liked that Dr. Hade was straightforward with us. He looked at all our history and expressed the things that concerned him that could be causing our infertility. He was realistic about our chances of success with IVF and gave his recommendations about how to go about the IVF process in a way that would maximize our chances for success and increase our odds of having a successful, safe pregnancy and birth while avoiding unnecessary risks and expending as little of our precious time and money throughout the process as possible. He was caring and sympathetic without sugar coating our chances or downplaying our obstacles to success. We felt that the treatment plan he proposed was wise and efficient and it seemed like he considered all the different angles of our situation and took everything into account. We truly feel that Dr. Hade's brilliant experience and expertise were the biggest factors behind our IVF treatment being successful on the first try and we are so grateful that he was our doctor! I'm 22 weeks pregnant with our baby girl now and can't wait to someday introduce her to the man who made it possible for her to come into our family. :) We'll definitely recommend him to others and we plan to come back to him someday when we're ready to use our remaining frozen embryos to add more children to our family.
He is a little bit more on the blunt side but don't let that dissuade you and don't assume that just because he's a little blunt he doesn't care. We personally really liked his straightforwardness because we were tired of doctors telling us to just relax and give it more time and keep trying things that weren't working. So when he expressed his concern that there must be something wrong preventing us from getting pregnant if I was only 25 and my husband's sperm analysis was perfectly healthy yet I had never gotten pregnant in 3 years of trying with several medicated cycles, we felt relieved and validated that finally a doctor was as concerned as we were. I can see where to some people he could seem a tiny bit blunt or brusque on the first impression, but we didn't mind that because we could tell he really knew his stuff and wanted to do everything in his power to help us even if his manner seemed slightly blunt when discussing our past problems.
I felt like he truly cared about us and wanted to do everything possible to help us find the solution to create our family as quickly as possible while spending as little money as possible.
For us our doctor's recommendation was to do injections, then egg retrieval & sperm sample, then fertilization with ICSI, monitor embryo progress and then freeze all remaining embryos and have PGS done to determine which embryos were genetically healthy, then choose one embryo to transfer via FET. Part of the rationale for doing an FET and not a fresh transfer was to give my uterus time to rest and normalize after all the stims and to have time to do a hysteroscopy to remove any polyps/uterine fibroids, and in order to do PGS to maximize our chances of transferring a healthy embryo that would implant and result in a healthy pregnancy and ultimately live birth.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF The Arizona Center. (Assigned nurse: Jen usually coordinated our care but occasionally Roshni also handled our case. They were both very helpful and wonderful. Tammy also answered some of my phone calls and questions and she was fantastic too.)
The nurses were super compassionate, caring, and organized. We really appreciated their help.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF The Arizona Center.
Boston IVF the Arizona center was fantastic! We loved everything about our experience with them. The only negative I can think of is that the phlebotomist they contracted with for the blood draws (I think her name was Natalie or Natalia) really sucked at drawing blood! She always stuck me with the needle and then dug around under my skin to find the vein. It hurt so much once I about felt like passing out, and my arm from my elbow to wrist felt painful and tingly for the rest of the day. I know it was a problem with her and not just that I have bad veins or something because one day after having my blood drawn at Boston IVF the Arizona center they sent me to a lab to get some other tests done and that phlebotomist had absolutely no problem finding my vein on the first poke quickly and painlessly. But other than that there is nothing I would have changed about our experience with Boston IVF and an incompetent phlebotomist was a small price to pay for a treatment that has resulted in me being 22 weeks pregnant with our sweet baby girl today! :)
Our total IVF cost was around $13000. I believe $7000ish of that covered the IVF process itself, $3000 or so paid for PGS, and the other $3000 covered medications which we paid to the pharmacy rather than our clinic.
Our doctor recommended transferring a single embryo and he felt our chances of having a healthy pregnancy as a result were high since I'd never been pregnant before or had a miscarriage. So he felt that with that history along with my age (25) I had a good chance of having a healthy pregnancy and that it was more likely that my eggs just weren't moving through the Fallopian tubes to the uterus or that my husband's sperm wasn't penetrating and fertilizing my eggs, both variables which could be overcome through IVF with ICSI. He informed us of all the higher risks of miscarriage and preterm birth associated with multiples and recommended that our best chance of ultimately giving birth to a healthy baby in the end was a single transfer of a genetically healthy embryo. His recommendation made a lot of sense to us and we felt confident and comfortable with moving forward in that direction.
Scottsdale
We have male factor infertility, for stim [with Dr. Jesse Hade] I used low dose HCG, 175 follistim, and ganirelix. I produced 28 eggs, 14 mature, and 9 fertilized. Of the 9 3 embryos made it to freeze. For my FET we did a natural cycle with HCG trigger and Progesterone injections. We transferred 2 embryos and now have a beautiful baby boy... He answers all questions in detail and is blunt and to the point, never beating around the bush. He makes sure that all issues are resolved and makes sure to have as little inconveniences as possible.
How was your experience with Jesse Hade at Boston IVF The Arizona Center?
I feel that Dr.Hade is a very food fertility Doctor and is very thorough. He answers all questions in detail and is blunt and to the point, never beating around the bush. He makes sure that all issues are resolved and makes sure to have as little inconveniences as possible. I love that he was willing to do a natural FET when I inquired about it.
Write down all of your questions and concerns and don’t be afraid to ask him anything.
I felt that the treatment itself was good but I also felt like after I was pregnant and wanted to continue treatment with my OB as opposed to seeing Dr.Hade at the clinic, due to cost, that he didn’t care anymore about me as a patient. And example of one reason was he had me stop taking PIO injections at 6 weeks, which is very early
We have male factor infertility, for stim I used low dose HCG, 175 follistim, and ganirelix. I produced 28 eggs, 14 mature, and 9 fertilized. Of the 9 3 embryos made it to freeze. For my FET we did a natural cycle with HCG trigger and Progesterone injections. We transferred 2 embryos and now have a beautiful baby boy.
The nursing staff was ok, they were not very organized and I felt like they did not know much and every question I asked there was no answer.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF The Arizona Center.
Overall Dr.Hade is very knowledgeable, forth coming, and thorough. I trusted Dr.Hades opinion and judgement a lot. I feel the nursing staff could use more training and be more organized, but in the end I got my baby and to me the dr is who matters the most.
What specific things went wrong at Boston IVF The Arizona Center?
Male Factor, Other
Dr. Hade is very thorough and goes over all the possibilities and any risks that could occur. He’s always checking blood work and if he wants something redone to double check, he will. I feel they take everything very seriously and try to help in all ways....He’s very thorough and doesn’t sugar coat things which I appreciate... Egg retrieval - Gonal-F 225u, HCG 20u, .25 mg centrotide and 5,000 HCG (trigger shot)...
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Jesse Hade at Boston IVF The Arizona Center?
Ask any questions you want. I sometimes get nervous and don’t ask but then I end up emailing the nurse.
He’s very thorough and doesn’t sugar coat things which I appreciate because my last doctor got my hopes up so many times. The nurses are great there! Love all the staff. Very friendly clinic
Egg retrieval - Gonal-F 225u, HCG 20u, .25 mg centrotide and 5,000 HCG (trigger shot) Hysteroscopy - removed a polyp and scar tissue. Transfer - Estrace, vivelle patch, PIO and crinone gel
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF The Arizona Center. (Assigned nurse: Kristen Meirick )
All the nurses and staff have been great. Always so friendly and I always feel so comfortable there!
Describe your experience with Boston IVF The Arizona Center.
They seem to go through a lot of girls at the front desk. Not sure why. Also it was kind of hard to get ahold of the financial coordinators but they eventually responded after a few emails. The staff is great though when you see them in person. I have always felt comfortable at every visit.
IVF cycle with PGS testing - $10,500
He prefers doing single embryo transfer, especially if you do PGS. He talks about the risks multiples could have on a woman and how their body is made to carry one children at a time. We listened to him and did a single embryo transfer.
Scottsdale
Dr Hades strength were that he was very thorough and honest and upfront. At first I thought he was kind of neutral and bland, but after other reviews from other clinics, I've come to appreciate his approach. Other Drs gave out a lot of false hope and empty optimism. Dr Hades weakness would be that he doesn't explain too much..very quick and brief meetings during ultra sounds. Short and simple I suppose..... His nurses are great too, they answer all questions.
How was your experience with Jesse Hade at Boston IVF The Arizona Center?
Ask questions, have them available with you. His nurses are great too, they answer all questions.
I felt like a human, but also felt a little like all the fertility clinics have treated us as cattle.. all of us scheduled stims, scheduled retrievals at the same time.
I don't recall. A month of stims, a couple months of birth control and transferred 1 embryo. Currently pregnant
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF The Arizona Center. (Assigned nurse: Jen)
Nursing staff was great!
Describe your experience with Boston IVF The Arizona Center.
Strength = great staff Weakness = billing dept had some hurdles...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Expensive..lol.. like all of them
What specific things went wrong at Boston IVF The Arizona Center?
Scottsdale
Pros: Very good doctor. Numbers-driven, he [Dr. Hade] gives you the course of treatment based on statistical outcomes from similar cases, which made me very comfortable. Cons: after the first unsuccessful IUI (because I didn't respond to Clomid), he recommended IVF right away.
Investment Banker
How was your experience with Jesse Hade at Neway Medical?
Pros: Very good doctor. Numbers-driven, he gives you the course of treatment based on statistical outcomes from similar cases, which made me very comfortable. He discussed probabilities of success from different options openly. Cons: after the first unsuccessful IUI (because I didn't respond to Clomid), he recommended IVF right away. I had to ask whether other options are available, and he agreed to try IUI again with injectables. This resulted in a baby girl! :) I am happy that I was able to avoid IVF but I feel that perhaps he could have been more open about other non-IVF options without being asked.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jesse Hade at Neway Medical?
1. Make sure the clinic is convenient for you. You will be going there A LOT, almost every other day in the morning for as many months as your treatment lasts. He has early morning hours starting at 7. 2. Push him to discuss non-IVF options with you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jesse Hade at Neway Medical?
I did get very good individual care. The nurses especially were very caring. The clinic is quite crowded though, and waits can be long.
Very caring nurses. Prompt call-backs about test results as promised. Nice bed-side manner.
Neway Medical
Jesse Hade was wonderful. He was caring and patient. I am not the easiest to deal with, I ask a ton of questions, and he took the time to answer every one of them. He walked me through every step of the IVF. He knows his trade....He took the time for all my questions. I never felt like he was in a hurry to move on to the next person. When it was my time, I felt like his only pt....He covers almost everything, but if he does not, ask!
How was your experience with Jesse Hade at Neway Medical?
Ask questions. He covers almost everything, but if he does not, ask! You will never know if you don't!
Describe the protocols Jesse Hade used in your cycles at Neway Medical and their degree of success.
Too long ago to remember
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical.
Kaylee was fantastic. She was always available if I called, anything I was not able to ask the doctor (due to embarrassment) I asked her. She is what all nurses need to strive to be.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The clinic is very professional and clean. Staff if kind and caring. The men's sample collection room could use some work, it was like a teen boys room. The rooms were comfortable and very private. Added words to make two hundred characters.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jesse Hade at Neway Medical.
Unknown
Describe Jesse Hade's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Neway Medical.
N/A Did not get this far.
Neway Medical