Madison Women's Health and Fertility

Doctor available by emailDoctor, Nurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolNYU
ResidencyCornell
FellowshipUMDNJ
50 East 77th Street
212-639-9122
NY - E 77th St
50 E. 77th Street
212-639-9122
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jessica Brown to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Madison Women's Health and Fertility to a friend?
She [Dr. Brown] gave me a higher dose of follistim at 375 and never lowered the dosage. I think this helped produce the amount of eggs...She prefers one [embryo] at a time but is open to the individual situation...I felt like a human because she thoroughly went over my history and asked several questions. She's doesn't act as a therapist by any means, but she shows she cares by hearing you out and spending time on your case.
How was your experience with Jessica Brown at Madison Women's Health and Fertility?
Dr. Brown is the third RE I’ve been to in my two plus years of trying. Since the very beginning, I knew I had an attachment issue. But at 38 years old, my other RE’s just concluded that my unexplained infertility was due to my age. My first two rounds of IVF only resulted in retrieving three eggs. Only 1 embryo transfers which didn’t work. At that time, I was told it was an egg issue. And I grieved for months as I tried to find a new doctor who would pay attention to my case. Then I met Dr. Brown. Our first meeting was two hours long as she went through every moment of my journey. She’s not emotional, but shows she cares by being thorough and looking for as many answers as she can. I was petrified as I went into my third retrieval. I assumed all of our money was about go up in smoke. When I woke up from the procedure and they told me they got 11 eggs, the tears just streamed down my face. 8 were mature, 7 fertilized and 3 made it to freeze. But then Dr. Brown conducted a biopsy on my lining since I said it was an attachment issue. Turns out I have endometriosis. When I asked for this test from other doctors, I was told it wasn’t necessary. But Dr. Brown heard me. I’m now being treated for the endo and then have a transfer. I’ve had to become my own self advocate during this process, but you also need a doctor who will work with you in the way you want and need. I found that with Dr. Brown.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jessica Brown at Madison Women's Health and Fertility?
Be patient. It may take time and money but she will do the best job she can. Also, she doesn't take insurance so be aware of what tests you may really need to be conducted through her office.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jessica Brown at Madison Women's Health and Fertility?
Describe the protocols Jessica Brown used in your cycles at Madison Women's Health and Fertility and their degree of success.
She gave me a higher dose of follistim at 375 and never lowered the dosage. I think this helped produce the amount of eggs.
They are compassionate and helpful. Everything you would need in a nurse.
Describe your experience with Madison Women's Health and Fertility.
It's a small private office without a wait time with friendly, customized care. But it costs money for that kind of service. However, if you;re paying out of pocket anyway, it's worth it to get the best kind of care.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Madison Women's Health and Fertility.
Again this is a tiny office so I almost never waited and was in and out within 30 minutes.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jessica Brown at Madison Women's Health and Fertility.
There is a doctor's fee for the IVF cycle and the rest of the cost is for the hospital providing the procedures.
Describe Jessica Brown's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Madison Women's Health and Fertility.
She prefers one at a time but is open to the individual situation.
What specific things went wrong at Madison Women's Health and Fertility?
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Brown spent a lot of time with me and my husband discussing my individual case (age, health issues, etc.), the different options and the next steps. She answered all our questions and provided relevant research to help guide our decisions. Furthermore, Dr. Brown answered and/or returned all my calls whenever I had a question or concern. She even called to check on me after different procedures were done.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Brown is extremely intelligent, thoughtful, and optimistic. Throughout my long road to becoming pregnant, she always remained hopeful as she adjusted the medication and various protocols to create the optimal conditions for a successful pregnancy. After each IVF cycle, she considered the previous protocol and adjusted as needed.
Although Dr. Brown may not appear to be overly warm, she is, in fact, a very caring doctor. After a year and a half as her patient, I grew to understand her. Her seriousness should not be confused with a lack of care or coldness but rather as a representation of her commitment to her patients. It is clear that she gives a lot of thought to each and every aspect of the fertility process. Therefore, I would suggest that any perspective patient of Dr. Brown's trust that she will provide the utmost care.
After a year and a half, I got to know the nurses pretty well. They were all extremely earnest in their desire to support the fertility process. I often spoke with them regarding next steps (ie medication) and they were helpful in providing clear information. For example, one nurse spent time showing my husband how to give me progesterone shots.
Describe your experience with Madison Women's Health and Fertility.
I rarely had to wait when going to a doctor's appointment and they always worked around my busy work schedule. They have weekend hours as well to accommodate time-sensitive procedures. Although there were times when I had to see the other two doctors in the practice, Dr. Moomjy or Dr. Matera, I felt confident that I was in good hands and knew that they consulted with Dr. Brown about all the results of the visit.
2014 - 2018
1 Egg Freezing, IVF
She [Dr. Brown] is very thorough and gives explanations based on data. Is honest and takes care of details. Extremely careful as a doctor when performing procedures and explains every step of everything. When she is not sure of something she always consults with experts on the area....She is very dedicated to my case. Always answers calls and emails. Wonders how I feel and cares to give a call or email after procedures to see how im doing.
2014 - 2018
1 Egg Freezing, IVF
She is very thorough and gives explanations based on data. Is honest and takes care of details. Extremely careful as a doctor when performing procedures and explains every step of everything. When she is not sure of something she always consults with experts on the area.
Have patience because she has to rule of several things before recommending what she thinks is the best treatment for you. Is very compassionate
Since I did not ovulate I was first on metformin, didn't work. Then moved on to Clomid, didn't work. Then Femara, didn't work. Then inyections and was over stimulated. She recommended IVF to prevent OHSS and multiple pregnancy. Before IVF she talked to me about another option which is selective reduction but I chose IVF instead.
They are all very professional and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Madison Women's Health and Fertility.
The clinic is very clean and organized. Not always punctual on appointments, sometimes I have waited more than the actual procedure takes. Nurses are very friendly and explain everything thoroughly. The only downturn is that I would like to be left "resting" after embryo transfer just to have more peace of mind.
Over $30,000.
She has always recommended single embryo transfer because of my age and health.