Nurse available by email
FellowshipU. of Iowa
200 Hawkins Drive
Iowa City, IA 52242
800-777-8442
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jessica Kresowik to a friend?

7.2

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care to a friend?
2014 - 2018
The main thing I remember [about treatment with Dr. Kresowik] is only being able to transfer one embryo as I am considered high risk for pregnancy. We are self pay and I was devastated that they wouldn’t let us transfer two...I understand it but it was a tough pill to swallow...She takes as much time as needed for you to talk through your emotions when discussing things. She is very comforting and reassuring that they will do all they can but doesn’t blow smoke either. She is honest about the numbers and success rates, etc.
2014 - 2018
How was your experience with Jessica Kresowik at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
She spent time discussing our course of action with my cycle as my previous pregnancy/delivery made e high risk. She was a new Dr to me as my previous dr retired and she truly wanted to learn all she could about my history from me as opposed to just looking briefly at my chart.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jessica Kresowik at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
Don’t be afraid to open up and discuss emotions, as emotions are a big part of fertility treatments. She treats the whole patient, but just the womb.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jessica Kresowik at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
Describe the protocols Jessica Kresowik used in your cycles at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care and their degree of success.
The main thing I remember is only being able to transfer one embryo as I am considered high risk for pregnancy. We are self pay and I was devastated that they wouldn’t let us transfer two, just to give us the best chance of success but my first child was delivered at 26 weeks and they would only allow the transfer of one embryo. I understand it but it was a tough pill to swallow.
The nurses are wonderful. They know who you are when you come in and some recognize your voice on the phone. When we’ve had failed cycles, the nurses grieve with us.
Describe your experience with U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
The clinic in Davenport is amazing. They are all so friendly and get to know their patients. The clinic in Iowa city is so well organized and everyone is very kind and informative it just runs like a well oiled machine!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jessica Kresowik at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
Total cost for fresh ivf cycle was $27,000
Describe Jessica Kresowik's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
As mentioned before, they only allowed us to transfer one embryo as I am high risk for premature delivery (first child born at 26 weeks). The embryo was graded excellent so they only allowed one.
Iowa City

Honestly, I wish there were more doctors out there like Dr Kresowick. If she could be my doctor for everything she would be. My experience as a patient has been amazing. She is always honest and upfront about things but caring when she says them. I finally got a diagnosis of PCOS and so she explained well. My first round we had to change some treatments so we could do IUI. Every experience with Dr. has been wonderful!
You will not regret it! The money is hard to swallow but the care and love you will feel is worth it all! Take every day one step at a time. The emotional Roller coaster is hard but you got this! You are in good hands!
I felt like I was treated as a human because she always had a smile on her face when she saw up. She always called us by name! She gave us hope and truly spent extra time with us when we had questions or needed extra care. For example this process is hard and when you have been going through it for about 3 years you have some stress in your life and one day our appointment was only supposed to be a half hour but she took almost an hour with us to make sure we understood and helped with some of my self care. She missed out on lunch because she wanted to make us feel like this is going to work ! She is ABSOLUTELY amazing!
With my diagnosis of PCOS and tha small chance of it happening with clomid we decided to not try that. Plus I had done 3 cycles with another doctor and they were not successful. The first round of IUI I did not ovulate (well get a positive on the stick) so we had to cancel the first round. The second try they had me come in for a ultrasound to be able to schedule my IUI! That worked out well and I did the trigger shot in my belly. We have done 3 rounds of that. At that point we decided to talk with Dr. because all three didn’t work and the money we were spending was starting to add up because our insurance does not cover at all. We are at the point of IVF is our next phase and we are just waiting for the chance to be able to!
Describe your experience with your nurse at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care. (Assigned nurse: Amanda )
The nursing staff is absolutely wonderful! They are so caring and sweet! It was always shocking to me that all of them would say hello with the bright smile and ask how you were doing. They all just had such pure joy! Made you feel welcome and in good hands!
Describe your experience with U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
Walking in it is clean and you will great Stephanie the lady at the front desk. She is sweet and always multi tasking but she makes you feel welcome! The clinic is busy but you never feel like you are rushed out. Their strengths are that the nurses and doctor make you feel welcomed and taken care of. It is a clean facility that has a desk in each office to talk. Each person you work with is honest and kind. The only weekness is that first consultation appointment can take a while to get into.
Consultation and initial tests- some were covered under insurance so it was about $800.00. That includes appointment and an ultrasound. IUI were $412.00 and my ultrasound was $363.00. Ivf- don’t have the official price yet because we have to see if we qualify for the guarantee program.
No idea. Not there yet.
Iowa City

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jessica Kresowik at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
She explained things very well and patiently answered all of my questions. She gave us our options and let us decide how aggressive be wanted to be with treatment. We never felt pressured to do anything we didn't want to do. Her instructions were very clear and she adjusted my medication with each cycle based on ovulation results and progesterone levels. We love Dr Kresowik! If I could say anything negative, it would be that she didn't think to re-test my husband's count after a year of treatment for me and I suggested we have him re-tested after my surgery to remove adhesions. We got him tested and discovered his count dropped significantly, so I wish we would have thought of it sooner.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, and have them prepared before you talk to her. Be prepared to wait a month or longer to get in to see her, as she books up quickly and is very popular. If you leave a message with a question for the nurses, they usually respond within a day and are very knowledgeable and helpful. They can talk to Dr Kresowik on your behalf so you don't have to wait around for an appt with her (or pay for it). If you're working on your own treatment, don't forget to regularly get your husband's count checked, at least annually, or I would say every 6 months.
She was gentle, calm, and empathetic in her conversations, smiled a lot, answered all of my questions patiently, gave us lots of options and the power to choose the path we want to take.
Dr Kresowik did an ultrasound and found that I have polycystic ovaries and based on my symptoms, diagnosed me with PCOS and recommended lifestyle changes and medication to help me ovulate. She also did an HSG to see if my tubes were clear since I had an appendectomy as a child and had a risk factor. I signed up to be part of a clinical trial using letrozole (femara) and clomid for my first treatment cycle. Since it helped me ovulate, Dr Kresowik continued trying different combinations of these medications to find what helped me ovulate and increase my progesterone level. When the medicated cycles didn't get me pregnant, we decided to do exploratory laparoscopy due to previous appendectomy. She removed a significant number of adhesions and did ovarian wedge resection on my left ovary which was enlarged. Then, we discovered my husband's low sperm count, and she recommended he consult with Dr Tim Kresowik, her husband and urologist, who we really liked. He prescribed him clomid and some supplements to increase his count. After a couple months he did a re-count and it improved, so we were recommended for IUI. We attempted 1 IUI cycle with clomid and letrozole, but no pregnancy. We will be attempting another cycle soon.
They are very knowledgeable, kind, and respond to messages within a day. I have had 1 instance of a nurse providing me conflicting information and 1 instance of a nurse not returning my phone call and missing out on medication for an IUI cycle (so we decided to skip that cycle). Other than that, they are great!
Describe your experience with U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
The staff is all very organized and professional. The facility is very comfortable and clean. Dr Kresowik is very knowledgeable, empathetic, and has a great bedside manner. The nurses are very friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. Nurses can sometimes not have all the updated information in front of them when talking to patients, which can be confusing. I'm not sure if the issue is that the doctor didn't provide her notes or if they nurse didn't use the notes.
I was billed for office visits and treatments with Dr Kresowik, but not for phone calls into the office. My medications were purchased separately from Walgreens. They worked with my insurance providers and mailed the bill to me for the balance. I could also view my balance and test results in their online portal.
I have no experience here.
What specific things went wrong at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?

Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
She [Dr. Kresowik] is easy to talk to and makes you feel like a person not a number... My tube was completely blocked because of endometriosis and there was evidence that it was also inside of my tube so she removed it... She diagnosed me with pcos and did the nessicary blood work to confirm. We started with metformin for the pcos and 5mg Letrozol to induce ovulation...She's very compassionate, and attentive. She makes sure all of my questions and concerns are addressed.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
She is a great doctor, she is very attentive, she listens to my concerns. She is also very straight forward with treatments and what is best for me. I feel she genuinely cares about her patients and does her best to consol us when we are faced with difficult situations.
Be open and honest with her. She is easy to talk to and makes you feel like a person not a number.
We started with blood work. She diagnosed me with pcos and did the nessicary blood work to confirm. We started with metformin for the pcos and 5mg Letrozol to induce ovulation. I've conceived twice under her watch but lost both but it wasn't anything she did or didn't do. After that we took a break from trying. When I was ready to get back to it, she wanted to do another HSG since my ob did the first one. We found out my left fallopian tube was blocked. We then did exploratory lap surgery to check for endometriosis and try to fix or remove the tube. My tube was completely blocked because of endometriosis and there was evidence that it was also inside of my tube so she removed it. Once I healed we started back of Letrozol 7.5mg. Ovulated on my bad side 2 times. A miracle happened. I ovulated from my left side and my right fallopian tube picked it up and I got pregnant. Then came the bad news. It was ectopic in my only good tube. She wasted no time we did 2 injections of methotrexate and so far we have saved my tube. Due to losses and risks of another ectopic she wants us to move forward with IVF in the near future.
Describe your experience with your nurse at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care. (Assigned nurse: Katie luchtel)
All of the nursing staff is simply amazing. Katie has stood out. She personally takes the time to really help me. I wouldn't have survived the emotional strain of the ectopic without her.
Describe your experience with U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
Great clinic, short wait times. Great staff. The only issue is how long it can take to get an appointment. You get in fast for emergencies, and ultrasounds but general appointments can take a while. The staff is quick to return phone calls so they are always available.
Ultrasounds $350 Appointments $120-200 Surgery $10,000 IVF $16,000 plus meds

3 IUI, 2 IVF, Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
I would of never been able to go through my tumultuous infertility battle without the support, guidance and help of Dr. Jessica [Kresowik]. Her bedside manner is amazing....I've never seen another doctor show the compassion that Dr. Jessica showed me. Dr. Jessica was spot on with all of my treatments and predictions as far as my egg retrievals went.... I have DOR due to endometriosis. My protocols were always Non-OCP EPP. (No Oral Contraceptives Estrogen Priming Protocols) to make sure to not make my ovaries TOO calm so they wouldn't react to the stims.
3 IUI, 2 IVF, Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
I had a MMC and D&C after our second transfer and it was horribly emotional. I woke up from anesthesia and after seeing my husband the first person I called for was Dr. Jessica. Later once I was in recovery she came and talked to me and gave me the biggest hug while I was crying over the loss of my unborn daughter. I've never seen another doctor show the compassion that Dr. Jessica showed me. Dr. Jessica was spot on with all of my treatments and predictions as far as my egg retrievals went. I had immense trust in her to get us our baby into our arms and through our perseverance and her knowledge and care we achieved that in May 2017 with the birth of our beautiful daughter.
Trust her, ask all the questions you need to - but trust her. She knows what is best for you in getting the best results.
I would of never been able to go through my tumultuous infertility battle without the support, guidance and help of Dr. Jessica. Her bedside manner is amazing.
I have DOR due to endometriosis. My protocols were always Non-OCP EPP. (No Oral Contraceptives Estrogen Priming Protocols) to make sure to not make my ovaries TOO calm so they wouldn't react to the stims. I stimmed for usually 10-12 days. My first retrieval we got 11 eggs, my second we only got 5 due to a mistake by the retrieving doctor (not Dr. Jessica). My first transfer was a CP, seocond transfer (two embryos) was a MMC and resulting D&C of my daughter Anne. My third transfer (two embryos) resulted in a successful singleton pregnancy with my daughter born May 2017. I unfortunately have no leftover eggs frozen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care. (Assigned nurse: Amanda/Allie)
Amanda and Allie were great - they were always punctual in getting back to my emails or calls and always had excellent customer service. I couldn't of done it without them as well. Gretchen, our ultrasound technician, was also amazing and so integral to our process.
Describe your experience with U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
This whole process is very time consuming - don't ever go to an appointment expecting to be able to get done quickly. This is a time investment along with all the other forms of investment you will be doing.
My first round was covered under insurance - but we still had to pay almost 3k out of pocket on top of that. We are about to undergo a egg retrieval for freezing needs and it will be about $8500 out of pocket and that does not include my meds we pay for separately.
Iowa City

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
[Dr. Jessica Kresowick has an] Excellent bedside manner - extremely knowledgeable. She predicted our potential retrieval outcomes from the beginning based off my issues. Doctor was always realistic yet positive. Going through infertility and all it entails is a nightmare - having a doctor like Dr. Jessica to be the one holding your hand through it all made it possible. I am extremely science based and research oriented. I am an advocate for my own care and I didn't once question the path or decisions Dr. Jessica was making along our path. My husband and I cannot say enough good things about her. She is amazing.
Do your own research but trust her. She really is the best.
My clinic treated me and my husband like family. My doctor held me when sobbing before going in for a D&C after my miscarriage. They never once treated us like a number - we were always individuals there to try and become parents, nothing less.
I had tubal blockage due to Endometriosis that was diagnosed after a lap which resulted in a salpingectomy of my left tube. Due to this I was also diagnosed as DOR. All of these factors resulted in me being put on a Non-OCP Antagon Priming Protocol. I had expected responses each time. Dr told me from the beginning she expected to retrieve about 10 eggs from me at retrieval. Each time was very close to that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care. (Assigned nurse: Amanda and Allie were my main nurses)
Dr. Jessica's nursing staff was amazing. Amanda and Allie helped me through so much - and would facilitate in "talking me off the ledge" when I called or emailed freaked out or upset about a step in the process or results. They really dealt with me well. Their knowledge was always premiere and their compassion and bedside manner never lacking.
Describe your experience with U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
Expect your appointments to be lengthy. You cannot go into this process expecting to pop in and out of appointments. There are no weaknesses that I can think of.
We had insurance coverage but we still paid over 12k out of pocket for our treatments.
The University of Iowa had strict policies regarding this. My doctor supported them as did my husband and I.
Iowa City

[Dr. Kresowik] Always made time to talk with us and to ensure we understood the process. Always kind and patient. We never felt rushed out the door. We were always told all of our options, and always had our concerns taken seriously...We tried IUI since it was male factor infertility. My husband was sterile from chemo, but we had frozen sperm before treatment. The thought process was that since there was no known female infertility, the pre chemo sperm may be enough to get pregnant. After 3 IUI's, we moved on to IVF. Our fresh cycle was not successful, but the next transfer with frozen worked! Since motility wasn't great in the frozen sperm, ICSI was performed, and it worked like a charm
Ask questions! She is more than willing to answer, but if you don't ask, you'll basically be getting very general information.
Always very kind and personable. Always there to answer questions.
All were so positive and upbeat. One even hugged me after I told her we were going to move on to IVF. She was always rooting for us! Nurses would cross fingers for us, give us positive thoughts. It was always motivational going to my visits
Describe your experience with U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
The clinic has off campus locations in other bordering cities, making it convenient for anyone who does not live in Iowa City, and may be closer to one of the other clinics. So, for an ultrasound or regular office visit, I was able to go to an office in the city where I live, as opposed to driving an hour away for a 15 minute office visit.
My insurance covered most costs of IUI'S. We paid out of pocket for our medications for ivf, but qualified for greenlight rebate program. It cost us about 2k out of pocket for meds and. We ran everything else through insurance. Ended up costing around 1200 out of pocket after insurance
They prefer to only transfer one if you've never had a failed cycle before. There are other factors, like age and diagnosis as well. After a failed cycle, they will transfer 2, but I don't believe they ever transfer more than 3.
Iowa City

Dr. Kresowick answers questions and does not make one feel uncomfortable asking those questions. She is upfront and honest. Dr. Kresowick is straightforward but kind. I do not have any issue with her services. She takes the time to review progress each step of the way and makes sure your safety is a top priority.... Dr. Kresowick is straightforward but kind. She explains the process and answers questions. She does not push and make one feel uncomfortable.
Unfortunately the only advice I have is to be prepared for the cost. I am at a stage where I need to consider IVF and at this point I am unable to afford the full treatment for this.
The entire nursing staff is fantastic. The only individual there that is not is the afternoon ultrasound tech and I expressed my complaint about her to staff.
Describe your experience with U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
The staff is amazing with the exception of the afternoon ultrasound tech. She is callous and borders on rude. Everyone else there is absolutely amazing and makes up for this. I recommend this clinic highly.