Medical SchoolU. of Florida
ResidencyU. of North Carolina
FellowshipU. of North Carolina
6031 Shallowford Road
Chattanooga, TN 37421
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jessica Scotchie to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Tennessee Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Dr. Scotchie is great, my overall experience has been a positive one. The day we found out that we were going to miscarry Dr. Scotchie was very honest but delicate when informing us. She called me at the end of her very busy day, around 6:30-7pm that evening to check on me and see if I had any questions. That is just one example of her patient care...is very good at communicating in an understandable and clear way but it is a TON of information and can be overwhelming.
How was your experience with Jessica Scotchie at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Scotchie is great, my overall experience has been a positive one. The day we found out that we were going to miscarry Dr. Scotchie was very honest but delicate when informing us. She called me at the end of her very busy day, around 6:30-7pm that evening to check on me and see if I had any questions. That is just one example of her patient care. She is a very intelligent and skilled doctor. I am thankful for her expertise in my situation.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jessica Scotchie at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine?
Be prepared to receive much information. Dr. Scotchie is very good at communicating in an understandable and clear way but it is a TON of information and can be overwhelming.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jessica Scotchie at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Scotchie adddesses all of my concerns and questions in a very informative yet understandable manner. She has never made me feel silly or like I’ve asked a stupid question (although I’m sure a fair share of them would fall under those categories). She takes her time with me and makes me feel comfortable and at ease.
Describe the protocols Jessica Scotchie used in your cycles at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I have PCOS and was referred to Dr. Scotchie by my OBGYN. Dr. Scotchie surgically removed some ovarian cysts in March 2015. I was then prescribed Letrozole to help me ovulate. I got pregnant in June of 2015 and gave birth to my healthy son February 2016. I am now 40 years old and trying to conceive again. This go round has not been as successful as above. We started the same treatment as above in May 2017. I got pregnant in February 2018 but unfortunately this resulted in a miscarriage. My husband and I are currently undergoing the necessary steps to start IVF.
All of the nurses have been excellent. They are prompt returning phone calls, calling with lab results, and answering questions via the online portal. I will be assigned a nurse during my IVF cycle, I just haven’t reached that step yet.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
The location is easy to find, clean, and well organized. The scheduling is done in a way that there is not much time spent waiting I. The waiting room. The most I’ve ever had to wait was maybe 20mins but that was rare.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jessica Scotchie at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
The cost is consistent with the going rates in our area and comparable with research done online, IVF online calculator, etc.
Describe Jessica Scotchie's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
I have not reached this stage in my journey as of yet.
Chattanooga
Dr. Scotchie has great scientific knowledge as well as an excellent bedside manner. Prior to being referred to her, we were dealing with an OB who was not very sensitive. Dr. Scotchie makes me feel heard and presents information in a way that is easy to understand.... We have had all of our testing done and I have unexplained recurrent pregnancy loss. We tried clomid for several cycles to find out if we could increase my follicle count and have a chance at a better egg that way. Unfortunately those cycles were not effective and I did not get pregnant. We are planning to move to IVF with PGS testing.
Don't be afraid to ask questions about treatment options and really push her, she is great at providing the information you need.
Dr. Scotchie is the best doctor I have ever had. She listens to my questions and provides answers. She never makes me feel silly or crazy for asking questions or getting emotional about our treatment.
We are still in treatment. We have had all of our testing done and I have unexplained recurrent pregnancy loss. We tried clomid for several cycles to find out if we could increase my follicle count and have a chance at a better egg that way. Unfortunately those cycles were not effective and I did not get pregnant. We are planning to move to IVF with PGS testing.
I have had several nurses and they have all been great. They are all very sensitive about my miscarriages. They are all very competent and organized.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is the best around. Check out their SART scores for yourself, but I found them to be above average from a statistical perspective. Every employee I've met has been friendly and sensitive. The facility is clean and well run. It is getting busier and busier, but once you have your first appointment they make sure they can fit you in for testing etc.
So far the costs have mostly been testing and miscarriage treatment related. I spent probably $3,000 OOP on testing and miscarriage related procedures last year. This year we did several clomid cycles. The clomid is very affordable. The monitoring was about $300 per cycle. We are planning to do IVF in a few months and the costs do seem high compared to other clinics (about $22k total for one round with PGS testing) but at the same time the clinic has good success scores.
Dr. Scotchie prefers the eSET method and has explained that this reduces the risk of multiples, and that multiples create a higher likelihood of complications.
2014 - 2018
Dr. Scotchie demonstrates compassion, thorough patient care, and an agreed upon action plan that made me feel at ease and comfortable. She left no detail overlooked when I was in her care. She personally called and left me a voicemail when I notified her office of my miscarriage. During my only full term pregnancy she saw me every week my first trimester and I can't say just how much that eased my fears and anxieties after repeated loss.
2014 - 2018
European, Other
Be patient with your personal journey and remain hopeful, as your care is truly in the best hands.
Dr. Scotchie invited me to tell her my story before asking any questions.
Dr. Scotchie prescribed me progesterone as an extra measure due to my two miscarriages. I had another miscarriage after my daughter was born, and started seeing Dr. Scotchie. I let her know I watched my cycles closely and noticed I may have luteal phase defect. Because of this, she suggested a small dose of femara (2.5mg?) to speed up my ovulation times. I also took progesterone every cycle. I got pregnant after 3 cycles and started lovenox shots. Unfortunately and very sadly, I also lost this baby after I stopped seeing Dr. Scotchie (because I was past the 9 week mark).
Always cheerful, listened well, and lended their support.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
The staff is welcoming, there's never more than a couple patients waiting at the same time, and the wait times are usually minimal! TRM makes their patients feel valued and truly cared for! Scheduling an appointment is easy!
Mine is different because it's not the typical infertility treatment. I thought my care was affordable.
Chattanooga
Dr. Scotchie has a great bedside manner. I knew that when I went in for my monitoring ultrasounds she was probably in a rush- but she was good at making sure she answered questions and explaining to me what I saw. I would have liked to have had more interactions with her but I understand this is a common issue at a busy fertility clinic.... We chose to start with Femara for 3 months before doing further diagnostics (ie. checking my tubes and sperm analysis).
Dr. Scotchie has a great bedside manner. I knew that when I went in for my monitoring ultrasounds she was probably in a rush- but she was good at making sure she answered questions and explaining to me what I saw. I would have liked to have had more interactions with her but I understand this is a common issue at a busy fertility clinic. The nurses were really great at communicating with me about next steps and all.
Make sure you remember your questions when you have your time with Dr. Scotchie- sometimes I would leave and remember that I'd wished I had asked something. She was very flexible with my treatment and starting conservative which I appreciated. Utilize the patient portal- I found it was a great way to communicate with my nurses since I work during the day and had a hard time always answering their phone calls.
The office staff was always to nice! Dr. Scotchie was always so sweet and encouraging. The nurses were great at getting back to me both on the online portal and via phone calls. When I went in for a blood draw one time the nurse remembered something we had talked about the last time she drew my blood. They were just always so welcoming and sweet.
I was diagnosed with PCOS by a previous doctor. When I started at TRM I had done a few unscusseful rounds of unmonitored clomid with my obgyn. Funds were limited for me at the time. We chose to start with Femara for 3 months before doing further diagnostics (ie. checking my tubes and sperm analysis). All 3 cycles were unsuccessful and then we had to relocate out of state. I would have loved to continue my treatment at TRM but the move made that impossible.
They were great! They were always quick to get back to me with results and communicate on the patient portal.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was beautiful- always bright and clean. The receptionists were always sweet and welcoming. The biggest downside for me was the cost- which is an obvious and unavoidable one. I wish that they had more options for payment plans or taking care credit or been able to advise us on other options for handling the costs.
I think my initial consult was around 300 and each ultrasound was around 300
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Scotchie is very kind. Upon our first meeting with her, we immediately felt comfortable and knew we were in good hands. She really takes the time to listen and get to know her patients. After briefly discussing our 2 year struggle with infertility, she was able to determine that I likely had endometriosis. My previous doctor never suggested that it was possible. After a laparoscopy, which we were able to schedule quickly and easily, endometriosis was confirmed (and removed). We are so impressed by her insight and attention to detail.
There is nothing to be worried or embarrassed about with Dr. Scotchie. She is easy to talk to and really makes an effort to show her patients how invested she is in their success.
After a laparoscopy (performed by Dr. Scotchie) which determined that my previously diagnosed unexplained infertility was actually stage II endometriosis, she presented us with a couple of options moving forward. She allows her patients to choose how aggressive they would like their treatment to be. We decided to try on our own for a couple of months before moving on to an IUI, which she thought was great given our ages and other fertility factors. She prescribed me 5mg of Letrozole to increase our chances slightly. She advised against Clomid as the extra estrogen could cause my endometriosis to grow back quicker.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tennessee Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kayla)
Kayla is such a sweet person. She is very understanding and easy to talk to. She was the first person we met at the clinic, and sh she really made me feel comfortable from day 1.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
TRM does a great job of making the patients feel comfortable. The staff is very friendly. In general, they do a good job of maintaining privacy. The sign in sheet is completely confidential, you would never know who had come and gone that day. Although the waiting room is very small, and right by the front door, I've never had to wait long. The clinic is very well maintained with up to date equipment. They do a lot of communication through an online patient portal, which I love. It's easy and fast. I'm able to see any test results or have my questions answered within a day.
Initial fertility work up was around $800, largely covered by insurance. My baseline ultrasound, pre-surgery monitoring was billed for $600, also covered by insurance. I've not yet received a bill for my laparoscopy procedure, but the clinic did not charge for my pre-op or post-op visit.
2013 - 2017
2 IUI, 2 IVF, Surrogacy
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
Dr. Scotchie is both professional and personal. I always felt like I was receiving the best possible care and medical plan, but also the highest level of compassion.... What I do remember is that Dr. Scotchie was always willing to put a lot of time in to a specific treatment plan tailored for us. We endured a very complicated miscarriage with our first round of IVF, fresh transfer, that resulted in about 9 months of treatments and a diagnosis of trophoblastic disease. Dr. Scotchie was amazing through the entire journey. Afterwards, we realized my lining had been damaged and would not longer grow thick enough to sustain a pregnancy.
2013 - 2017
2 IUI, 2 IVF, Surrogacy
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
Dr. Scotchie was truly a blessing for me. We left our first clinic because they fell short in providing what I expected as a level of care and compassion. Dr. Scotchie exceeded my expectations in both medical care and personal compassion.
Always take an active role in your medical care. Ask questions, challenge the status quo. Trust Dr. Scotchie.
We tried many different options during our years of treatment. I don't remember specifics. Part of enduring such a long journey is letting go of the past and focusing on the present. What I do remember is that Dr. Scotchie was always willing to put a lot of time in to a specific treatment plan tailored for us. We endured a very complicated miscarriage with our first round of IVF, fresh transfer, that resulted in about 9 months of treatments and a diagnosis of trophoblastic disease. Dr. Scotchie was amazing through the entire journey. Afterwards, we realized my lining had been damaged and would not longer grow thick enough to sustain a pregnancy. Dr. Scotchie reached out across the country to her peers to try to identify a treatment plan that we could try. We tried everything that she could come up with, but unfortunately nothing worked. After a grieving process (which we always felt Dr. Scotchie to be supportive of us taking time between cycles), we decided to pursue conceiving via a gestational surrogate. Dr. Scotchie has been amazing during this process. Our GS was experienced, plus works at an OBGYN office. Dr. Scotchie was supportive of trying an unmedicated cycle, which ended up being successful. She has always been willing to evaluate each situation for its own merit and make an informed timely decision.
We had an overall great experience with nurses at this clinic. The IVF nurse being the only real exception to that. She is a bit scattered and often unprepared. The other nurses are excellent.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
Excellent doctors, nurses and support staff. Convenient location. No scheduling issues. State of the art care and facility.
IUI was about $3,500, I believe. We did the IVF refund guarantee program, with ICSI, and paid about $28,000, I believe. That would have been for 3 fresh IVF attempts, and all frozen transfers from those retrievals, until a live birth. We only made it thru 1 fresh retrieval with a transfer, and 1 frozen transfer. The clinic went over and above for us by allowing us to do a second fresh retrieval so that we could do embryo testing. They effectively cancelled the guarantee contract and let those fees cover the retrieval. That was a huge goodwill gesture for us and was greatly appreciated.
Dr. Scotchie always recommended transfering 1 single embryo. During our first retrieval we did not have testing on embryos. We ended up deciding to transfer multiple embryos to my uterus during that first transfer (which ended in miscarriage). During the 1 frozen transfer we did to my uterus we transferred multiple embryos due to the state of things during unthawing. We transferred a single tested embryo to our GS.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other, Unexplained
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other, Unexplained
Jessica is very bright and lively and extremely intelligent. When I ask a question, she answers in incredible detail and can quote me statistics off the top of her head to help me understand how it all works. She is extremely compassionate with miscarriage patients and will give them a hug and tell them she's in it with them. She remembers me when she happens to see me in the hall getting a blood test and remembers my daughter's and husband's names. She is also very flexible. She will tell me what she thinks will work best, but if I want it done another way she will do it.
She will let you follow the fertility path you want. So, at first I told her I wanted to go gently and she put me on just clomid with natural intercourse. When that didn't work, I told her I wanted more aggressive and she immediately recommended iui. She'll try to read what you want and give you the treatment you want. Ask lots of questions and then be clear about what you want because she's looking for you to tell her what you want.
Jessica Scotchie takes time to sit and answer every single question I have, no matter how silly it might be. If I'm concerned about something, she quickly finds a solution or explains to take away my concern. She also knows fertility treatments are expensive without insurance coverage! She works hard to keep costs to a minimum. The nurses in the office are amazing. I cried when I miscarried and had to bring the embryo in for testing. The nurse took the time to sit down with me and tell me that this was not my only chance. That I would carry again and that in time this would get better.
Jessica put me on Clomid with natural intercourse for awhile and when I didn't get results, she recommended iui with clomid only or clomid and trigger shot. She told me I had high chances of success and she was absolutely right. My first two iuis were successful, although the first resulted in miscarriage due to chromosomal abnormalities. My second iui I am now pregnant and waiting for first ultrasound. It's all looking good!
Kayla. She's young and does not have children yet, but she is so empathetic and loving. She even takes time for a little chit chat on the phone when calling with lab results and she gets excited over good hcg levels too!
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
She [Dr. Scotchie] is the kindest Dr I have ever known... Then, when I didn't get the results I wanted, I went back and asked for something more aggressive. She suggested IUI. I asked about IVF, but she encouraged me away from it because she said my fertility problems didn't warrant that huge of an expenditure to get a positive result. She was absolutely right and saved us thousands of dollars.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr Scotchie is very responsive. When I first came to her, I didn't want to do anything aggressive. She responded with a treatment plan that was gentle. Then, when I didn't get the results I wanted, I went back and asked for something more aggressive. She suggested IUI. I asked about IVF, but she encouraged me away from it because she said my fertility problems didn't warrant that huge of an expenditure to get a positive result. She was absolutely right and saved us thousands of dollars. She is patient and kind. She gave me a hug and let me cry when I miscarried. She is the kindest Dr I have ever known. And extremely knowledgeable as well. Any question I had, she had a detailed answer and took as much time as I needed to talk it all out.
Let Dr. Scotchie tell you what she thinks you should do to achieve results. She will let you drive if you want, but you may not know what will work the fastest. I wasted my first year with her because I didn't plain out ask her to run things.
I was always an individual. The receptionists, nurses and Dr Scotchie knew me and my family. They remembered who came with me before and knew my family member's names.
I had 6 cycles of Femara with natural intercourse along with prometrium and estradiol luteal support. I got pregnant once but miscarried within a week. After a 6 month break for my emotional well being, we went back for IUI. My first iui we did an HSG first. This revealed one distended tube and the other with a small block that was cleared with the dye. I then had 100mg Clomid, follicle ultrasound and IUI. It was successful, but my twins had chromosomal disorders and I miscarried at 8 weeks. The second IUI was 100mg Clomid, follicle ultrasound and then trigger shot because I was producing 4-6 mature follicles and we didn't want any more! IUI was successful and I'm currently 12 weeks with a healthy singleton.
When I miscarried, I chose to have one of the embryos tested for chromosomal abnormalities. I miscarried naturally and had to bring it in to Kayla. It was SO hard. I cried and she looked me in the eyes and told me that even though this was so hard, it would eventually get better and I WOULD get another chance. I had family and friends all trying to say something to make me feel better, but Kayla was the one who did it.
$200 for a consultation $650 for first IUI with no trigger shot $1100 for second IUI with trigger shot and more follicle ultrasounds Everything covered once I was pregnant.
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Dr. Scotchie is great to deal with. She is very compassionate and explains every step of the process along the way very well. She also is great at answering any questions we have no matter what they might be.... Letrozole was prescribed to cause ovulation. This took around 3 months before we were pregnant with our first child. It was prescribed again for around 9 months before becoming pregnant.
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Other
It's a hard process no matter how well it goes so don't get discouraged along the way if everything doesn't go as expected.
Dr. Scotchie is great at taking time to explain the issues affecting fertility and the various options to treat them in ways that are easy to understand.
Letrozole was prescribed to cause ovulation. This took around 3 months before we were pregnant with our first child. It was prescribed again for around 9 months before becoming pregnant. This pregnancy resulted in a miscarriage. We are now starting IVF treatments.
We see different nurses each time, but they are all great to work with.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic looks very new and is nicer than most other doctors' office. Some procedures are covered by insurance and some aren't, so be sure to get a price sheet and quote up front so you aren't shocked by any bills.
Office visits with ultrasounds to track ovulation are around $350 per visit. Letrozole is purchased from another pharmacy and is very inexpensive. Just now in the early stages of IVF, so too soon to know the costs for sure.
IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
My only issue is that she [Dr. Jessica Schotchie] doesn’t change the course of treatment, we just keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. We only have 5 embryos left and I do not want to waste them... I understand the need to attempt to protect a patients health but sometimes I wonder if we had transferred 2 would one have implanted while the other didn’t
Native American, Other
IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
My only issue is that she doesn’t change the course of treatment, we just keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. We only have 5 embryos left and I do not want to waste them
Be firm in what you want
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic overall is wonderful. From the front door you are greeted as though you are a dear friend, the clinic is always spotlessly clean and a very comfortable atmosphere. Everything is reassuring and calm the layout seems to flow nicely also
the first round of donor egg IVF was around 20,000 as we used a split or half batch and received 12 eggs. We got 4 embryos from that round. No baby! This current round has been similar to date in cost because we used a known donor who declined reimbursement so we are around $25,000 with everything we will need
Chattanooga
I took 3 rounds of letrozole, followed by 3 rounds of letrozole with IUI [with Dr. Jessica Scotchie]. After the last failed attempt she recommended moving on to IVF...She's friendly and efficient, and she was patient in answering all my questions. I would have appreciated a slightly more personal approach, but she was always kind, supportive and direct. She did not speak to the emotional toll of managing infertility...She didn't rush me through my initial consultation. She set realistic expectations.
Ask lots of questions, tell her how aggressive you want to be, and push her to consider your diagnosis from all angles.
The entire staff is friendly and responsive. She didn't rush me through my initial consultation. She set realistic expectations.
I took 3 rounds of letrozole, followed by 3 rounds of letrozole with IUI. After the last failed attempt she recommended moving on to IVF.
Very friendly and helpful.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Reproductive Medicine.
They're very responsive and easy to communicate with. Their limited hours on Friday's and weekends could be frustrating. Everyone was friendly, sincere, positive, and realistic.
$500 per IU, $280 per ultrasound, $300 monitoring fee
Chattanooga
She [Dr. Scotchie] is excellent and very good at what she does...She was just so great in finding the reason for my repeated miscarriages. She outlined a clear plan and answered all of our questions over multiple appointments. She has even personally called me to speak about test results. I have never had that happen even from my pcp....There was a little bit of confusion about when my injections would start and it was a miscommunication. However, once I realized we were not on the same page I was able to immediately email my nurse and dr. Scotchie and get it clarified.
There was a little bit of confusion about when my injections would start and it was a miscommunication. However, once I realized we were not on the same page I was able to immediately email my nurse and dr. Scotchie and get it clarified. They got back in touch with me within the hour and that is the only hiccup we had.
That she is excellent and very good at what she does.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
She [Dr. Scotchie] showed concern, called to check on me and explain results. She answered all of my questions....Everyone at TRM [Tennessee Reproductive Medicine] is wonderful. They all show compassion. They are patient, even with all my endless questions and concerns. They all are very kind and knowledgable....Everyone is very kind and patient. If you have a question, ask. They will help in any way.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Everyone at TRM is wonderful. They all show compassion. They are patient, even with all my endless questions and concerns. They all are very kind and knowledgable.
Make an appointment with TRM now.
She showed concern, called to check on me and explain results. She answered all of my questions.
Wonderful. Very kind and patient.