Medical SchoolU. of Illinois
3200 Channing Way
Idaho Falls, ID 83404
(208) 529-2019
Pleasant Grove
1446 W. Pleasant Grove Blvd.
Pleasant Grove, UT 84062
St. George
676 South Bluff
St. George, UT 84770
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jessie Dorais to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Utah Fertility Center to a friend?
1 Egg Frozen
1 Egg Freezing, IVF, Surrogacy
Dr Dorais is newer to UFC and she used to work at U of U Fertility. She is extremely optimistic and kind. Unfortunately with this sensitive type of medicine, being overly optimistic about everything isn’t always the best characteristic because it can lead to high hopes and devastating letdowns when the IVF cycle doesn’t work or go as planned. I prefer someone with more years of experience and a more realistic vs optimistic approach.
1 Egg Frozen
1 Egg Freezing, IVF, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Jessie Dorais at Utah Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jessie Dorais at Utah Fertility Center?
Get a second opinion from another doctor and/or clinic before deciding to go with her and UFC. Don’t let your heart talk you into spending that huge amount of money just because she says you have great chances of it working. Sometimes you have to go with your head instead of your heart, and being sweet talked with optimism was unfortunately something that we fell for as a new-to-IVF couple.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jessie Dorais at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr Dorais is extremely caring and very dedicated to her patients.
Describe the protocols Jessie Dorais used in your cycles at Utah Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Antagonist protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lacey )
I was originally given Tonya Canaday as my coordinator but then switched to “Lacey” without even being informed of the switch. Lacey was blunt and rude. She had no compassion or kind words. The only positive of having Lacey was that she emails back usually within an hour unless it’s Saturday-Monday which she has off. Neither Tonya nor Lacey ever answer their phone and Tonya never emails back.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
This clinic is known for being less expensive than the other two clinics in the area. Unfortunately in my experience this is because they have a mass amount of patients and do lots of cycles even when the requirements are not met. For example, this clinic does not require you to have a certain BMI or other labs that most other clinics are very strict about. They are lenient and take greater risks with your IVF cycle in order to process you as another patient. At the time I thought it was great that I could get started so quickly given some questions about my overall health, but after a failed cycle I now understand why other clinics have more strict guidelines on BMI, etc. I do not think UFC is the best Fertility Clinic in Utah and I’m sure their numbers and statistics would prove it.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jessie Dorais at Utah Fertility Center.
$11,699 for IVF cycle with ICSI, $200 per embryo for PGS testing, $750 for FDA physical examinations (standard for intended parents using gestational surrogate), and $400 cash UNDER THE TABLE (or $450 on credit card) directly to the anesthesiologist for anesthesia on the day of egg retrieval. Super sketchy there!! Plus all blood work and doctors appointment consult fees.
Describe Jessie Dorais's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Utah Fertility Center.
Dorais is happy doing single or multiple embryo transfers, depending on your personal preference.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
I felt like a human because she [Dr. Dorais] took her time with us. She didn't care if she had to stay late one day if it meant answering all of our questions...Dr. Dorais HIGHLY recommended only one embryo and made it very clear. She gave all the risks associated with doing two..... She is so knowledgeable in every aspect of both male and female infertility. She knew the answer and a ton more for every question we had. The only weakness she had was trying so much to make syre we didn't get our hopes up
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Jessie Dorais at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Dorais is great at communicating every detail of the process. She is so knowledgeable in every aspect of both male and female infertility. She knew the answer and a ton more for every question we had. The only weakness she had was trying so much to make syre we didn't get our hopes up. After transfer though she was super excited and rooting for us, but during the process I felt it was hard to be excited at all. Part of that though was how little our chances were because of both my husband's and I's infertility factors.
To not be afraid to ask any questions you may have. She makes you feel like every question is important and will literally have the answer plus some for each question.
I felt like a human because she took her time with us. She didn't care if she had to stay late one day if it meant answering all of our questions. She would check in on us throughout the process. She has shown excitement when given good news as well as sympathized with us during hard times.
We did IVF with ICSI because of male gactor infertility. I started out taking birth control pills for a couple of weeks. I also have an extremely low AMH of .38 so she put me on Gonal-F 300 once a day, 150 units of Menopur daily, and once it was time I took 1 shot of ganilerex. Once it was time to trigger I took 10,000 units of HCG 36 hours before egg retreival. During all this I also took prenatal vitemins, one baby asprin a day, 600mg of CoQ10.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shailegh Taylor)
My coordinator was amazing!! Super on top of everything, answered all my questions swiftly and accurately. She really showed that she cared about us and helping us achieve our dream of having a kid.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They are amazing at getting back to you and making sure they have everything ready to go throughout the whole process. Weakness is that they don't always answer the phone, but they do get back to you within the day or at least the next.
We were blessed to have partial insurance coverage. Out of pocket we paid about $4,500 for medications and about $1,500 or less on dr. Visits, ultrasounds, bloodwork, etc.
Pleasant Grove
[Dr. Jessie Dorais] was kind, but she didn’t make an effort to let me know that they cared about me and were doing everything they could to help. I am finishing up a cycle with her right now and then I am switching...I feel like Jessie hasn’t done everything she can to find a diagnosis, and as the patient I shouldn’t be responsible for making sure they’ve run every single test there is to run.
How was your experience with Jessie Dorais at Utah Fertility Center?
Jessie was kind, but she didn’t make an effort to let me know that they cared about me and were doing everything they could to help. I am finishing up a cycle with her right now and then I am switching to Dr. Conway because I’ve heard so many good things about her. I feel like Jessie hasn’t done everything she can to find a diagnosis, and as the patient I shouldn’t be responsible for making sure they’ve run every single test there is to run.
Be prepared to ask a lot of questions. She will give you statistics, and that’s about it. It’s like talking to google almost.
I felt like all I was given were statistics. I didn’t feel cared about very much.
We did clomid but it wasn’t working so she said IUI was next since we are “unexplained.” We did clomid and IUI first, and my husband’s numbers were high for that one because we waited to have intercourse until after the IUI was done (there’s like a 2-5 day thing where you want to have intervourse within the 5 days before the IUI, but not after 2 days before). We did a trigger shot and that was it. It didn’t work. The second IUI we did letrozole instead because clomid makes me very sick. This time her nurses told me to have intercourse like less than 24 hours before the IUI. This made my husband’s numbers lower because DUH! We had sex before the stinking procedure! So then later she said it was because they want us to keep trying naturally at home, which I understand by telling me to do it right before the dang thing? That was so confusing and so frustrating for me. It still is. Anyways, we also did a trigger with that one and it didn’t work. I am currently in the middle of a letrozole cycle after 2 months of a break after the IUI’s.
They were friendly, but it’s hard to be compassionate when you don’t know what it feels like. I struggled with that before it happened to me so I understand that it’s harder than it sounds. They were just following what they were told to do by Jessie, at least that’s how I understood it.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They were okay. Sometimes the front desk was grumpy, and one girl that checked me out all the time was always kind of stand-offish. I can’t remember her name though. She had long dirty blonde hair that was always in a pony tail.
The IUI itself was like $850 or something. The medicine was bought separately through integrity RX and one other company, and that added up to around $200.
Pleasant Grove
When we first met Dr. Dorais she was so warm and welcoming. She began by getting to know us. Addressed and questions or concerns we had and then very thoroughly answered every single question. We spoke with her for over 2 hours the first time we met. Anytime I need something, she calls and is so reassuring. She always explains everything so well and always asks me if I need anything or have any questions.
How was your experience with Jessie Dorais at Utah Fertility Center?
My experience with Dr. Dorias has been wonderful. She is very thorough and matter of fact. I really appreciate the fact that she never made us feel like she's in this for the money. I had so many questions regarding additional testing. She was very honest about each test and how it would or would not benefit us. I never felt like she was trying to sell something to us.
I would advise a prospective patient to do their research and come with a lot of questions. It is nice when your doctor has a very well rounded, educated response. Dr. Dorais answered SO many of the questions I had without me even formally asking her. She was so thorough.
My protocol is for an antagonist cycle due to my AMH levels. Dr. Dorais explained the risks of developing OHSS and order a Leupron trigger shot to use in conjunction with my HCG. She also ordered: 5 Ganarelix 250MCG, 3 Follistim 600IUI, 75IUI Menopur (22), Pregnyl 10,000 units, Endometrin 100mg tablets, 63, Leupron 5MG. I began taking birth control pills on cycle day 3 and my husband and I were also prescribed a Z pack and Cipro for him as well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shailee)
The nursing staff at UFC is wonderful. Everyone is so helpful and informative. The two nurses I have been working with have been wonderful. I am someone with a LOT of questions. I cannot tell you how many times I emailed Shailee, sometimes multiple times in a day and she always responded on the same day. Morgan has been really good about calling to check in and answering questions that way.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
UFC does a wonderful job staffing a very well informed and helpful team. I also think it is wonderful that they have multiple locations throughout Utah. One thing I wish they offered was full service at all of their locations. Only some of the doctors travel to the branch offices to perform cycles. It would have been nice to have a location closer to home when my husband needed to freeze back up sperm but we love this place so much, we did not mind making the drive.
The actual procedure costs $9,800, which includes ICSI. Additional blood work runs around $400, medication was around 4,000. I had to do outside monitoring for my baseline and initial blood work due to living in California. Since my facility is in Utah so we had travel expenses as well.
My doctor definitely educated us on transferring 1 vs 2 embryos. She went over all of the risks of transferring more than one embryo in great detail. She also very respectfully told us that ultimately, we are the patients and the decision to transfer 1 versus 2 is up to us. She was very clear on letting us know what the medical field safely recommends.
Pleasant Grove
Dr. Dorais has always called me by name and always knew exactly what was going on and what the plan is. She will personally call me if there is ever a problem and tell me the problem and the next steps to take care of it.... She diagnosed me with anovulation and PCOS. She put me on progesterone to get a period. When I did we started our first timed cycle which involved femara to grow my follicles and a trigger HCG injection to induce ovulation.
How was your experience with Jessie Dorais at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Dorais is extremely caring and nice to all of her patients. She is very knowledgeable about the infertility paths and always wants what is best for her patients. I love that she is my doctor and trust she knows what is best for my body.
You will not want to find another doctor after seeing Dr. Dorais!
She diagnosed me with anovulation and PCOS. She put me on progesterone to get a period. When I did we started our first timed cycle which involved femara to grow my follicles and a trigger HCG injection to induce ovulation. I got pregnant the first cycle and carried it till 6 weeks and then miscarried. She was concerned that is might be ectopic and explained that we needed to do a D&C. After the D&C we waited for my levels to go down and then started our 2nd cycle 2 months later. On my baseline ultrasound I was told I needed to come back for a saline ultrasound because there might be something in my uterus. I came back the next day and they found polyps in my uterus. 2 weeks later we did a hysterectomy to remove 5 polyps. 1 week after we started our 2nd cycle that turned into a negative pregnancy. We just did our 3rd timed cycle and I am currently in the two week wait!
Excellent! They always know what the plan is and how to answer all of my questions.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I love how clean the clinic is. You walk in and they greet you by name, maybe just because I have been going for 8 months now. They are all patient and kind and want the best for their patients. The only thing I wish was different was if they had an office in Logan, UT!!
Unfortunately, insurance doesn't cover anything infertility. We have been doing timed cycles which are $525 a cycle + around another $300 for medications and then gas money (I live 1.5 hours away from Utah Fertility Center). We also had a D&C and then a hysteroscopy and those each costed money too. I have figured we are around $4,000 into this journey.
We haven't had the opportunity to transfer embryos
Murray
She [Dr. Jessie Dorais] draws things out for you and was open to all of our questions. Sometimes I got a little lost with some of the explaining because she used a lot of medical terms that I didn’t understand but she was always patient when I asked her to re-explain things. I loved that she would familiarize herself with all of our past treatments, tests, miscarriage all of it before we would consult together. I appreciated her taking that time so that I knew she was aware of everything especially since I would mostly see the nurses.
How was your experience with Jessie Dorais at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr.Dorais has been a great doctor for us. Going into the infertility world was scary and hard and she was so kind and welcoming. She has the most soft voice and takes the time to explain things. She draws things out for you and was open to all of our questions. Sometimes I got a little lost with some of the explaining because she used a lot of medical terms that I didn’t understand but she was always patient when I asked her to re-explain things. I loved that she would familiarize herself with all of our past treatments, tests, miscarriage all of it before we would consult together. I appreciated her taking that time so that I knew she was aware of everything especially since I would mostly see the nurses.
Be honest and open. Dr.Dorais cares about your feelings and your situation and wants to help so be as vulnerable as you can.
There have been a few instances that showed to me that I wasn’t just a number to Dr.Dorais. The first was after our miscarriage. She called as soon as she found out and left the most kind and heartfelt voicemail and offered to have a consult and talk over things as soon as I was ready to come in. The next was after our third failed IUI. She was completely booked for a few weeks but moved her schedule around to meet with us the next day to consult and talk over our options after that heartbreak.
We did 3 rounds of timed intercourse using clomid day 3-7 and measuring follicles starting day 12 and doing hcg trigger shot when cycle called for it and then doing intercourse 12 and 24 hours later. We also did 1 round of IUI with clomid same process as timed intercourse but had my husband bring in a semen analysis 1 hour before the IUI procedure. After the IUI procedure I was told to have intercourse that night and sometime the next day and then to start progesterone suppositories. Blood work was done exactly 2 weeks later to check If I was negative or positive. The other 2 IUI’s were the exact same except using letrezole instead of clomid. All 3 timed intercourse and the 3 IUI’s were negative
Some of the nurses are so sweet and sensitive and kind. They are good at explaining all that they are doing and talking you through it all. I didn’t like that they weren’t up to date on my history. I saw so many nurses and they never knew how many IUI’s I had done or my history of having a miscarriage and that made me sometimes just feel like another number coming through. I also didn’t have a great experience with one nurse. She was the one who had to tell me that I had a blighted ovum and that I would have to have a miscarriage. It was already a super hard experience and I was in complete denial and I felt like she wasn’t super sensitive at all! She seemed numb to seeing that kind of heartache and it was pretty awful. So I’ve had great experience of kind nurses who would move schedules to make things easy for me and would make me feel comfortable and understood and others that were extremely unfeeling.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The front desk staff has been hard for me. They are the first and last people you see and I haven’t always been impressed. When I first started coming the front office wasn’t super welcoming and a little cold. The lady who checked me out seemed annoyed and tired and never once cracked a smile or anything. So that’s hard. As I’ve been there longer the front office has gotten better and knows me by face. But the clinic is clean, well equipped and I’ve been grateful to be in such a good clinic that’s so close to my home. There are a lot of the staff that are passionate about what they are doing and are aware of how hard it is to be doing the things that we go through as patients.
I’m under DMBA which has been good to cover a lot of my procedures. My HCG shot and progesterone suppositories have been around $200 each month and that isn’t covered by insurance. Everything else has almost all been covered for.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
Dr. Dorais has always been attentive, reviews our records before we get to the room, and I really feel like she remembers me and I have an actual connection with her...She is always sure to give me scientific studies and facts behind why she's suggesting something (Femara vs clomid), and is happy to answer my questions. I always feel like I have a clear understanding of what we're doing and what's coming next. Multiple times, I've left a message with a question, and gotten called back by Dr. Dorais herself.. She is respectful of our personalities and adjusts treatments to fit us...
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
How was your experience with Jessie Dorais at Utah Fertility Center?
She is always sure to give me scientific studies and facts behind why she's suggesting something (Femara vs clomid), and is happy to answer my questions. I always feel like I have a clear understanding of what we're doing and what's coming next. Multiple times, I've left a message with a question, and gotten called back by Dr. Dorais herself, to talk through things, make sure we're on the same page, and make a plan with me. She is so kind and I always leave feeling so grateful for her!
Don't be afraid to ask questions - I always feel great about myself for anything I ask! She is patient and happy to explain.
Dr. Dorais has always been attentive, reviews our records before we get to the room, and I really feel like she remembers me and I have an actual connection with her. She is respectful of our personalities and adjusts treatments to fit us.
While waiting to get my husband's issues worked out and during testing, she's done multiple unmonitered Femara cycles (I take it day 3-7 and then just do at-home ovulation tests). We've also done one Timed Intercourse cycle, with Femara, where I also went in for ultrasounds to track follicles, and used an HcG trigger shot to insure we could get my ovulation on track.
They are always helpful and happy to answer my *many* questions.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic runs well! It's a slight bummer that Dr. Dorais isn't in my location each day, so I've often seen a PA for ultrasounds or things. But everyone I've met with has been so helpful, and I don't feel like I have to restart telling my situation to each new person (they all feel informed on my case).
I'm really not sure. Their front office staff has all been helpful with billing questions, though.
Murray
Dr Dorais is very compassionate and sensitive. She spent a lot of time talking about our options and called me several times just to check in and follow up on previous conversations. Her patient care is her greatest strength - very reassuring...In my opinion she is on the conservative side as far as treatment course. She was great to work with, but that being said I did not have success with two ivf cycles so it is hard to recommend fully. If you are looking for a patient, kind doctor that will clearly and carefully explain things she is excellent. Also, she did leave the clinic for another local clinic in the middle of my second cycle.
How was your experience with Jessie Dorais at University of Utah?
She is very smart and clearly explains all the factors. She is also very kind and you really feel she wants you to have success. In my opinion she is on the conservative side as far as treatment course. She was great to work with, but that being said I did not have success with two ivf cycles so it is hard to recommend fully. If you are looking for a patient, kind doctor that will clearly and carefully explain things she is excellent. Also, she did leave the clinic for another local clinic in the middle of my second cycle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jessie Dorais at University of Utah?
Come prepared with your questions and she will always answer them and give you the research to validate them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jessie Dorais at University of Utah?
Describe the protocols Jessie Dorais used in your cycles at University of Utah and their degree of success.
I did 2 frozen embryo transfers with dr Dorais. Both were mostly the same protocol with lupron injections, oral meds (can't remember name!) and the mm progestorone injections. I was allergic to progestorone and switched to crinone vaginal cream. Cycles were treated the same except with an addition of an endometrial scratch procedure before the 2nd Ivf.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Utah. (Assigned nurse: Meg)
Meg was amazing. I had to get my frozen embryos sent from another state and she handled everything so smoothly. She micro-managed every detail and made sure that nothing was missed and that it was all smooth. She really minimized my stress. So, so grateful for her.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
Nice facility that feels personal. They managed things efficiently and were excellent communicators. The mychart system is also very helpful for keeping track of information and seeing doctors notes or even asking questions. Each person I dealt with was professional and helpful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jessie Dorais at University of Utah.
About $3500 for a frozen cycle, plus medications
Describe Jessie Dorais's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University of Utah.
She favored eSET. I already have twins from a previous Ivf cycle with another clinic/dr and had a very complicated pregnancy. With those factors she had a clear recommendation.
None, Other
None, Other
How was your experience with Jessie Dorais at University of Utah?
Dr. Dorais is sweet and compassionate. I always felt well cared for and “heard” as her patient. She never pushed us into a treatment, it was always the pace that we were comfortable with. She always had time for us and our questions. We never felt rushed during our visits with her.
Feel empowered about your healthcare and treatment options because she will absolutely address them. I one time hesitated about a particular treatment and timing that she had recommended. She immediately sensed that and asked what our preference was and followed through with that.
Dr. Dorais was so caring and personable. As I was going through our first miscarriage she was extremely sensitive and helpful through the process. She made personal phone calls to congratulate us after we found out we were pregnant (both times!). She thoroughly and carefully helped us understand the basic science behind why we weren’t able to get pregnant to that point and helped us understand our treatment options based on that understanding. She never pushed us into one treatment or another and always asked what we felt comfortable moving forward with and at what times.
We used the highest dosage of Femara because all clomid dosages hadnt resulted in ovulation. Because of this she recommended we start with the highest dosage of femara and we were able to get pregnant immediately. The first pregnancy resulted in a miscarriage (HCG levels weren’t growing appropriately). Our second round we were able to get pregnant again.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Utah. (Assigned nurse: Kathryn)
Our nurse was very helpful and responsive. My questions (via their messaging software) were answered very quickly.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
I loved how frequently we were able to meet with our Dr (not always common among other practices). I didn’t love some of the other doctors. I had to meet with one during an emergency Sunday ultrasound when I was miscarrying. He was very blunt and not very sensitive during this imaginably difficult time.
Most of our treatments were covered under our insurance
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Dr Dorais is an amazing doctor. I came to her with a diagnosis of unexplained fertility from a previous RE. She dug deeper and diagnosed me with endometriosis and my husband with low morphology. It was nice to finally have some answers. She was very open and compassionate. She did a great job of explaining things in layman terms. She laid out the options nicely and involved my husband and I in the decision making.
How was your experience with Jessie Dorais at University of Utah?
Go see Dr. Dorais! She is amazing!
Dr. Dorais is the sweetest doctor. You can tell that she genuinely cares about more than just a chart or increasing success numbers. She was very open about next steps and included us in the decision making.
We have only been seeing her for a few months so we do not have any positive pregnancy tests yet, but I am hopeful. After discussing our previous treatments and tests and some of my current symptoms she gave the option to dig a little deeper. I was put on birth control and had a laparoscopy done that same month. She found a mild case of endometriosis. She gave us the option to try naturally or with drugs and IUI. She suggested the IUI's because I was more fertile after have the excision of endometriosis. We tried one month naturally and are now onto our 2nd IUI.
All of the nursing staff have been very friendly and helpful. They are all very on top of things and very compassionate. At the clinic it is a nurse that performs the IUI. I've had the same nurse each time and she has been amazing. She explains things really well and answers all questions. She is compassionate and encouraging. She was also good at keeping an awkward and stressful situation very light.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
I really like the clinic. It is in a convenient location for where I work. It is easy to find. The inside of the clinic is very inviting and everything is run really well.
The costs were pretty typical. I did have insurance to help cover some of it though. They were quite affordable for IUI.
This hasn't applied to our situation yet.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Dorais was a real compassionate knowledgeable doctor....She treated me so kindly. She made sure that we were on the same page through every appointment, that if i had any questions i knew she was available to answer.... We took it slow because it was my first time and i only had 1 ovary. She really didn't want to overstimulate it....Everything went smooth and we were happy with the 10 eggs we got.... She made sure i understood everything and what would happen next.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Jessie Dorais at University of Utah?
Dr. Dorais was a real compassionate knowledgeable doctor. She knew how important having a baby was and is to me and she was willing to do anything. She made sure i understood everything and what would happen next.
Come with all of your questions before hand-it is well worth having everything you want to know written down because she will take the time to have you understand.
She treated me so kindly. She made sure that we were on the same page through every appointment, that if i had any questions i knew she was available to answer. She took her time, and never made me feel like a burdened. Even when she was running late she took the time to talk with him after we found out we were not pregnant. She is a real gem
I was on stims medications for a long while. We took it slow because it was my first time and i only had 1 ovary. She really didn't want to overstimulate it. We finally up the dosage and were ready for ER a couple of days later. Everything went smooth and we were happy with the 10 eggs we got. Sadly by day 5 only 2 survived. I reached out to Dr. Dorais because i didn't want to spend money on freezing one and transferring the other. I got to talk with her over the phone and we decided that transferring 2 was a much better option. Sadly we got a BFN but met with her right after to discuss next steps.
My nurse was incredible. She took the brunt of all the craziness and medications. I would email her and she took the time to call me back not email me. It was nice to talk to a real person. She was so organized and help me understand all my levels during the monitoring appointments.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
I loved it. Very clean and nice, but takes a while to get there especially during traffic times.
It was about 9000 for the IVF cycle and medication was about 4000 on top of that
She said at the beginning that transferring one was good, but because of the egg quality and low count we transferred two. i was happy she would work with me.
SLC
I have been very pleased with Dr Dorais. She is very talented and shows compassion with every patient. We have been through 3 timed cycles, 1 D&C, and 1 hysteroscopy, and she has explained each one of them very well to us. I trust she knows exactly what to do and understands all of our frustrations. I will continue to see dr Dorais until we have success! She is the nicest and best!
How was your experience with Jessie Dorais at Utah Fertility Center?
She cares so much and just wants the best for you and your partner!
When I was going through the miscarriage and the polyp removal, dr Dorais made sure to personally call me and answer any questions I had. She even gave me her cell phone number just in case any other problems or questions came up.
We use femara to grow the follicles! We moniter the follicles with a baseline ultrasound and then again another ultrasound to measure follicle growth. Then we do the HCG trigger injection which is followed by timed intercourse. After that is the progesterone taken vaginally followed by the two week wait. We had success first time, but then miscarried due to 5 polyps! 2nd time didn’t work. Just did our 3rd and now waiting for results!
Awesome! They all care so much and just want the best for their patients!
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Utah fertility center is one of the best. They all care so much and have a clean facility. The only thing is I wish they had one in northern Utah, like logan! Other than that, I would recommend anybody who is struggling with infertility to Utah fertility center!
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
She [Dr. Dorais] was so kind and sweet and we really felt like she cared. We trust her very much!...She made us feel very comfortable and we trust her judgement. We did 3 IUI treatments with her, as well as a laparoscopy after the 3 failed IUIs which diagnosed some Endo, and we had to have a tube removed. She took great care of us and her bedside manner was SO great! She always made us feel more relaxed, and hopeful...We loved Jessie.
European, Latino
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Jessie Dorais at University of Utah?
We loved Jessie. She made us feel very comfortable and we trust her judgement. We did 3 IUI treatments with her, as well as a laparoscopy after the 3 failed IUIs which diagnosed some Endo, and we had to have a tube removed. She took great care of us and her bedside manner was SO great! She always made us feel more relaxed, and hopeful.
She just recently left the U clinic, so she's no longer there :(
She was so kind and sweet and we really felt like she cared. We trust her very much!
We did 3 IUIs - no known male factor based on semen analysis. First round 50 mg clomid cycle days 3-7 with Ovidrel trigger shot, then IUI after that. Negative pregnancy test. Second round switched to letrozol, 5 mg with ovidrel trigger shot, negative pregnancy test. 3rd round upped letrozol to 7.5 mg with ovdirel trigger shot, still negative pregnancy test.
Very sweet and VERY responsive.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
Even though our doctor is moving clinics and we love her, we've decided to stay at the U because of how great our experience has been with the clinic. The wait time is hardly anything, and the communication is excellent, which is very important to me.
Very reasonable. Our IUI cycles were around 260 I believe + cost of ultrasound, and trigger shot with meds were less than $40. Surgery costs were as expected. We're moving onto IVF in May, and costs at the U seem competitive with other clinics around us.
SLC
Dr. Dorais was such a caring doctor...She had sympathy for me and took the time to answer any questions I had. She drew pictures and was very detailed to help me to understand. When I had set backs she adjusted the plan. She was very responsive throughout the process...Dr. Dorais took as much time as I needed to answer my questions. I felt like she was really invested in helping me to get pregnant.
How was your experience with Jessie Dorais at University of Utah?
Dr. Dorais was such a caring doctor. Infertility is a very hard and emotional thing to go through. She had sympathy for me and took the time to answer any questions I had. She drew pictures and was very detailed to help me to understand. When I had set backs she adjusted the plan. She was very responsive throughout the process.
Definitely see Dr. Dorais. I really loved her.
We started with clomid. I had a strong side effects so after one month we switched to Letrozole. We then added IUIs and did 3 of those. It was decided between me and Dr. Dorais to take a break to save money, and mentally prepare for IVF. We are now moving forward with IVF.
The nursing staff was amazing. They made me feel comfortable whenever I came in. When I was nervous for IUI's or anything else they talked me through it and were comforting.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
I never had to wait long for my appointment. They were great with scheduling and in passing along any info to my doctor. The only thing that was hard is that they don't allow children so some sort of childcare would be a nice addition. Other than that I have no complaints.
$1500 - for iuis and testing/ultrasounds
Dr. Dorais had a strong recommendation for a single embryo transfer instead of a multiple. She said that the research that is out there and my age she would just do a single embryo which I agreed with.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
She [Dr. Dorais] was the first fertility specialist I seen and She helped me feel at ease when I was in difficult situations. She performed my DNC for me as well as lots of testing. She was great at communicating my results, I just wish she would have been a bit more proactive in my treatment plan, kind of left things up in the air...She took the time to explain things to me. I seen her at every apt. And she had a very caring nature about her.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
How was your experience with Jessie Dorais at University of Utah?
She was the first fertility specialist I seen and She helped me feel at ease when I was in difficult situations. She performed my DNC for me as well as lots of testing. She was great at communicating my results, I just wish she would have been a bit more proactive in my treatment plan, kind of left things up in the air
Be willing to voice what direction you want to go with things. She is very sweet but ultimately lets you decide on things.
All that I did was take femera no real direction that was why I ultimately left her care. She didn't really monitor me during the cycles so I felt as though we still had no idea how my body was reacting to the medication
They were kind and easy to deal with. I had more interaction with the doctor than her staff which I really enjoyed
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
They were upfront with costs and easy to work with. Quick to call with lab results and keep in contact with when needed. A friendly atmosphere. One weakness is that to get an initial consult it can take months. Strengths would be very professional and communication was open if you asked questions. The clinic was nice in that they could do everything there all your labs and procedures which made things convenient.
Everything had a cost that was known in advance before any treatment however I cannot remember what everything was.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Jessie Dorais genuinely cares about her patients and their outcomes. If I didn't get the results we we're hoping to obtain we adjusted my treatment plan and were more aggressive with my medications the next cycle. I wasted too many cycles with a previous RE who didn't change my protocol month to month even after my body didn't respond appropriately. Dr Dorias listens and kept me informed...Jessie genuinely cares about her patients and their outcomes.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Jessie Dorais at University of Utah?
Best decision I ever made was switching Doctors to her care. Two cycles later I got my BFP.
Jessie genuinely cares about her patients and their outcomes.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
Good communication and responded in an appropriate time frame. Availability worked well with my schedule. Flexible. Friendly front desk staff. I would recommend Utah center for reproductive medicine to anyone who is seeking good quality, and compassionate Care during this hard infertility journey
Comparable to other clinics. They billed my insurance correctly to minimize any additional costs and coded it related to PCOS and not necessarily infertility treatment.
SLC
She [Dr. Dorais] was very up to date on new procedures. She was very clear in her explanation of the whole process. She moved at our speed and what we wanted. She listened and advised based on what we were comfortable with. She encouraged us, struggled with us and just showed so much compassion.... she was aggressive, but careful. I never felt unnecessarily poked or prodded.... She was very attentive to my concerns. She answered every question in a manner that we could understand.
How was your experience with Jessie Dorais at University of Utah?
She was very up to date on new procedures. She was very clear in her explanation of the whole process. She moved at our speed and what we wanted. She listened and advised based on what we were comfortable with. She encouraged us, struggled with us and just showed so much compassion.
To tell her everything you need, fear, expect, and are hoping. She listens so carefully.
She was very attentive to my concerns. She answered every question in a manner that we could understand. She never rushed us.
It was 3 years ago and the specifics are fuzzy. But she was aggressive, but careful. I never felt unnecessarily poked or prodded.
They rotated frequently between all the doctors so it was always someone different. I would have preferred the same nurse.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
The clinic is very matter of fact. It feels like a doctor's office, and not in a good way. I would have preferred a more serene environment. The fees seemed high and a lot of billing issues came up. I would have preferred only seeing 1 doctor, but you get rotated through all of them.
I don't. For just the IVF, not all the treatments prior, was around 13k.
I was concerned about twins. They listened and only transferred 1 embryo.
What specific things went wrong at University of Utah?
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
She [Dr. Dorais] is wonderful. Very knowledgeable and always will to hear your concerns. She listened to how aggressive I wanted to be with my treatment and adjusted to a safe way. She made me feel like it was truly my cycle and I could do whatever I wanted within safe boundaries. She always had calls with me to address any crazy questions I had.... Every time I saw her in the office on ultrasound days she would make time to have a conversation with me and answer any question I had about the ultrasound we just had.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Jessie Dorais at Utah Fertility Center?
She is wonderful. Very knowledgeable and always will to hear your concerns. She listened to how aggressive I wanted to be with my treatment and adjusted to a safe way. She made me feel like it was truly my cycle and I could do whatever I wanted within safe boundaries. She always had calls with me to address any crazy questions I had.
Don't be afraid to ask her anything and everything.
She always had time to talk and answer any questions. Every time I saw her in the office on ultrasound days she would make time to have a conversation with me and answer any question I had about the ultrasound we just had.
The nursing staff is very nice. They do not rush through your appointment and always answer your questions.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic is very welcoming and kind. They are not the best at organization. You have to stay on top of your appointments, blood work, payments, etc. You have to manage this process. Be your own advocate
She recommends a single transfer but I open to discussing a multiple transfer. She give you all the data on why a single is best. She takes into consideration your health and weight about multiple embryo transfer. Ultimately, she left the decision up to us.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
We went into Dr. Dorais having been diagnosed with unexplained infertility. We wanted more answers before diving into IUI and IVF. Dr. Dorais was good about diving in deeper and investigating. My wife underwent surgery and was diagnosed with Endometriosis. She also caught some things on my sperm analysis that our first doctor should have caught and we are now addressing that as well...Dr. Dorais is very compassionate and very down to earth. She treats everyone like they are her biggest priority.
How was your experience with Jessie Dorais at University of Utah?
Dr. Dorais is a very good doctor. She is very knowledgeable and very kind. She was very good about answering any of our questions or concerns. She is very down to earth and compassionate towards a very sensitive issue.
Go see Dr. Dorais! She is a great doctor and I would recommend her to anyone.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
I liked the clinic. It's friendly and run well.
The costs here have been lower than expected. They are lower than the last fertility clinic we were at. The IUI was only $360.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr Dorais doesn't have any negatives only positives. She was easy to understand and always made sure you knew all of the risks and steps you could take. She gave options and helped you choose the best path for you...Dr Dorais started me on clomid and letrozole which didn't work because I have PCOS and HA. She said the next step was that I could try a surgery or injectable medications.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Stay positive
She was so kind and really explained everything she wanted us to do. She was so helpful and made it easy to understand
They were extremely helpful and always answered questions quickly
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
I don't see any issues with the clinic
Oral medication was not expensive but the injections are very expensive especially when your body doesn't respond and you have to continue taking them
SLC
Dr Dorais was wonderful! I felt like she communicated very well and was informative about all the potential risks. I always felt at ease when I met with Dr Dorais. She adjusted the plan of action whenever things needed to change. During difficult conversations, she was very sensitive to my feelings and was always very understanding! I would recommend her to anyone!
Trust her!
Dr Dorais was always there for questions I had. I never felt rushed during visits and she reached out to me multiple times to make sure everything was going well and that we were on the same page.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
This clinic was organized and on top of my care. I feel that they could make it a more personal experience when going to the clinic. It sometimes felt not as personal as other clinics. I also feel like the environment was very sterile and not friendly.
IUI cost around 300 a time. Ivf was a base cost of 9000 with around 3000 in medications and another 3000 for frozen transfer.
SLC
She [Dr. Jessie Dorais] is very attentive, warm and engaging...She did two of my hysteroscopy surgeries and she was always very attentive and informative. She made me feel like she knew me and remembered me and was very kind and comforting and compassionate .I always felt like she had my best interest in mind. I would recommend her to anyone I meet... I did not become pregnant during any of the IUIs
How was your experience with Jessie Dorais at University of Utah?
I loved her! She did two of my hysteroscopy surgeries and she was always very attentive and informative. She made me feel like she knew me and remembered me and was very kind and comforting and compassionate .I always felt like she had my best interest in mind. I would recommend her to anyone I meet
She is great!
She is very attentive, warm and engaging
I saw her for a few are you wise after my hysteroscopy and polypectomy surgery. I did not become pregnant during any of the IUIs
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Utah.
I love all the nurses at this clinic. They are all kind, informative and prompt with their responses
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
The clinic is welcoming and comfortable. Sometimes you have to wait a little longer than expected but that is because of the nature of their procedures. Overall, I feel comfortable and safe in that environment
Not sure
SLC
Dr Dorais is very sensitive and compassionate. She is willing to explain all treatments in as much detail as needed. She did extra research specific to my situation. She called me to check in after a BFN....Antagonist protocol. Gonal-f 150 per day and menopur 75 per day, for 11 days. Cetrotide for 4 days. Triggered with pregnyl. My dosages were relatively low because of high AMH and concerns around developing OHSS.
European, Latino
How was your experience with Jessie Dorais at University of Utah?
I love Dr Dorais. Great doctor. Very knowledgeable and also very understanding and personable.
Be open with Dr Dorais about your concerns so that she can help make sure they are addressed.
Super helpful and responsive. Invested in my outcomes.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
Quiet. Organized. Friendly staff. During a cycle you see many providers.
IVF cost included everything but meds all through monitoring, retrieval, transfer and beta.