Medical SchoolMichigan St
Peabody
2 Essex Center Drive
Peabody, MA 01960
978-977-4000
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jill Attaman to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Harvard Vanguard to a friend?
Jill Attaman was very nice. However, I felt like I wasn't given any attention. I felt confused who to call and ask questions to. She only has one nurse at the Burlington location. I felt like she didn't care and didn't answer my questions easily. I'm not sure if them merging with Boston IVF was playing a role in this...We did Gonal F, which is very expensive. There was one other injection to but I can't remember. We did the trigger shot and the retrieval in Lexington. We did genetic testing this time which is costly. Unfortunately the three embryos that did test came back all abnormal.
How was your experience with Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard?
Ask questions, and ask her to be direct.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard?
Jill Attaman was too busy for me. Even her staff commented several times on how busy she was. Also they are merging with Boston IVF, so I felt I was always being shifted around.
Describe the protocols Jill Attaman used in your cycles at Harvard Vanguard and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Chris)
At the Burlington location it was Chris. She was lovely but all by herself so it was often left leaving messages. I often got routed to the Wellesley location to speak to others to. It was very confusing who to call. Then on weekends it was to call Kenmore location to, which was odd and very hard to get through.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
I felt that burlington office was nice, but the schedule was inflexible. I thought it was confusing to have to go to other locations. I went to Welseley only because I didn't want to drive into Boston.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard.
This part was the nightmare! We were denied from Blue Cross Blue Shield. They denied me on an old test from another doctor I was not seeing. The very information they denied me for was from a past cycle they approved. Jill Attaman although supported me I feel should could have worked harder to help appeal the decision. The cycle was incomplete because we did the genetic testing . We had no transfer, which would have cost more. When I paid for the cycle the accountant said I was all Set but the transfer was never paid for and I thought it was because she said I was all paid in full.
Burlington
She [Dr. Jill Attaman] always took the time to make sure if we had any questions, that she tried to answer to the best of her ability. We didn't feel rushed at appointments. We felt like she genuinely cared about us...We started with 2 IUI's, then moved onto IVF. She allowed us to gradually try increasing doses of the fertility drugs rather than jumping in to the highest levels. She didn't push us to do more expensive (and not covered by insurance) testing, but offered them as an option for our consideration. In the end we conceived naturally on a month between IVF cycles.
How was your experience with Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard?
Dr. Attaman was great to work with. She was kind and compassionate, and due to all our trouble conceiving, she was thinking about us and always searching for other options or second opinions from her peers if she didn't know what the best next steps were. She occasionally called me directly to review test results.
She always took the time to make sure if we had any questions, that she tried to answer to the best of her ability. We didn't feel rushed at appointments. We felt like she genuinely cared about us.
After we met with Dr. Attaman and agreed on next steps, the nurses then met with us separately to review the next steps in detail and answer any specific questions about the drugs I had to take or the process and next steps. hey were very thorough an understanding and took as much time as we needed to get our questions answered.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
I liked that the IVF patients had early appointments so I could do the ultrasounds and bloods tests before work. They are very busy though and getting in for the first appointment took a long time. They also have several locations that you can go to in combination during a cycle, so I could pick whichever location was most convenient on any given day.
Our insurance covered just about all of our treatments and testing, and fertility medications. Co pays varied but were not too expensive.
Burlington
To be honest I think I only saw her [Dr. Jill Attaman] once or twice. She was nice and knowledgeable but I didn’t get the majority of my info from her. She did explain the tests that I was getting and next steps but she was not overly friendly or talkative, which is fine with me...I only used letrozole for 2 cycles. I got pregnant both times but the first time my numbers dropped quickly.
How was your experience with Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard?
To be honest I think I only saw her once or twice. She was nice and knowledgeable but I didn’t get the majority of my info from her. She did explain the tests that I was getting and next steps but she was not overly friendly or talkative, which is fine with me
Ask as many questions as possible
She and her nurses were genuinely invested in our success. They were SO excited to call and tell me I was pregnant. They squeezed in ultrasounds before office hours if they couldn’t get me in when I needed one based on my cycle.
They were simply amazing. They explained everything very well and were so sweet and helpful. I felt like they were 100% committed to helping me
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
The front desk staff was super helpful and there were several locations so I was able to get my appoitments in when I needed them. They also sent me to more local clinics whenver possible so I could avoid a nasty commute
Everything was covered by my insurance. I just had to pay copays
Burlington
What really stood out was that during our process, she [Dr. Jill Attaman] spent extra time researching and then ultimately filing a request with insurance for us to skip the IUI's that are typically required and go straight to the IVF treatment because of our past history. This no doubt was extra effort on her part to describe our situation and make a case for us to move forward quickly...Ask all the questions you want, she is very eager to answer and give her true feelings on the matter.
How was your experience with Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard?
Dr. Attaman was clear and honest with us throughout the process. She did her best to reassure us along the way. What really stood out was that during our process, she spent extra time researching and then ultimately filing a request with insurance for us to skip the IUI's that are typically required and go straight to the IVF treatment because of our past history. This no doubt was extra effort on her part to describe our situation and make a case for us to move forward quickly.
Dr Attaman got to know us, and spent time understanding our history. When we met with her, she was always aware of everything past and present that was going on and it make us feel like she truly cared.
The nurses approached the treatment steps in a very organized and easy to understand format. They printed out calendars with all the key info, then discussed them to ensure we understood what needed to be done. This was very helpful since we didnt have to take notes - the notes were already there
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Nice private waiting area that is relaxing
Copays for visits and medicines only... everything else was covered by insurance.
Burlington
Dr. Attaman takes the time to explain everything to help us understand and to feel comfortable. She changed our plan and was creative after the first two unsuccessful cycles. She is very compassionate and positive, but also direct with her information...[Harvard Vanguard] Nurse Christine is very caring and helpful. She takes the time to explain everything to you and will answer any questions you have. She made the process less stressful and helped explain what to expect to decrease nerves.
How was your experience with Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard?
Be patient. She is creative with the protocols to meet each individual's needs.
Dr. Attaman spent as much time with us as we needed to help us feel comfortable with our plan and the results.
3 different protocols, all based on the prior results. ICTSI the second time and soon to be the third.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Christine French )
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Ultrasound tech Jen is willing to come in early to prevent patients from driving to kenmore or Wellesley. Call center is very helpful, patient and reliable. Hard to know when the nurse will call back and have to go through the call center to return calls; while they are extremely nice/helpful, it's hard to manage working and getting the calls. Overall, my experience has been great working with this clinic.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard?
Dr Attaman listens well and was willing to try things that I brought up while speaking with her (testing me for gene mutations, etc), whether or not they would be any help in the long run. Not that she would test me at random, but after her long list of tests I brought up a few and she was willing to indulge me.
Dr Attaman was always very caring and was able to answer or at least try to answer any and all questions and ideas I had. She was willing to test me for things that I came across in my hours of online research. She was always caring and compassionate and in the end was correct in why I kept having recurrent miscarriages.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard.
Just how sensitive and caring they all were....I left feeling like they really truly care about me as a person...not just one patient among many.
Boston
2013 - 2015
4 IUI, IVF, Egg Freezing
Dr. Attaman is a nice person and clearly works hard and did help me get pregnant (yeah!) but if I had it to do again I would have seen someone else...Dr Attaman did not appear to have reviewed my chart before any of our appointments, guess it would have been a much longer wait if she had.
2013 - 2015
4 IUI, IVF, Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard?
I think this clinic just takes on too many patients, they don't have the time and energy to address each one personally. Dr. Attaman is a nice person and clearly works hard and did help me get pregnant (yeah!) but if I had it to do again I would have seen someone else.
Find another fertility doctor.
Care team never remembered me other than one awesome nurse. Office was always so backlogged and ran late for every appointment. Dr Attaman did not appear to have reviewed my chart before any of our appointments, guess it would have been a much longer wait if she had.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Chris French)
Chris was awesome, she helped me work through a bunch of logistical challenges, like traveling during treatment, she remembered details about my specific situation and was great at answering my 100s of questions. The rest of the nursing staff was ok but a few times they forgot to call me with test results or didn't return my calls when I left messages.
Boston
2014 - 2017
8 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
We had conversations not only about my treatment but how I was doing and how my family was doing. She [Dr. Jill Attaman] and her nurses [at Harvard Vanguard] remembered me from visit to visit...Dr Attaman was amazing and we plan to work with her again. She is compassionate and direct, a rare mix in anyone. I appreciated that she treated me as a whole person...Everyone was upbeat and positive without being blind to the emotional drain this process takes.
2014 - 2017
8 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard?
Dr Attaman was amazing and we plan to work with her again. She is compassionate and direct, a rare mix in anyone. I appreciated that she treated me as a whole person. I'm not sure what else is necessary but need to get to 200 words. .
Be patient and ask the questions you need answered.
We had conversations not only about my treatment but how I was doing and how my family was doing. She and her nurses remembered me from visit to visit.
Specifics were answered in prior survey questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Christine)
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
The clinic was exactly as expected.
Covered by insurance after deductible was met.
IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
She [Dr. Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard] was thoughtful and took the time to explain the options. Seemed genuinely sympathetic...Risks were we'll explained and the optimism was helpful. But I wish I had better understood the various potential outcomes with Ivf - i.e. Not having any viable embryos. I never realized that could be an issue until I hit the Ivf message boards.
IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard?
Risks were we'll explained and the optimism was helpful. But I wish I had better understood the various potential outcomes with Ivf - i.e. Not having any viable embryos. I never realized that could be an issue until I hit the Ivf message boards. All the different things that might not work weren't really part of the conversation. Although I can see the benefit of that - keeping patients positive. But it made a negative outcome that much more heart breaking.
She was thoughtful and took the time to explain the options. Seeemed genuinely sympathetic.
Clomid then into ivf due to recurrent miscarriages
All covered under insurance. Amount billed to insurance for meds was like $50k for three Ivf rounds. Not counting the procedures.
2013 - 2014
She [Dr. Attaman] is just the nicest person. We really loved her style. The only downside is that she seems relatively inexperienced, so when you ask her input, she can't really draw on a lot of personal cases (it's more what she has learned). I found that difficult - she didn't guide us as much as I would've liked.
2013 - 2014
How was your experience with Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard?
She is just the nicest person. We really loved her style. The only downside is that she seems relatively inexperienced, so when you ask her input, she can't really draw on a lot of personal cases (it's more what she has learned). I found that difficult - she didn't guide us as much as I would've liked.
Don't see anyone else in her group. The other doctors are evil. Dr. Attaman is so sweet, but be prepared to go to her clinic in Burlington and avoid the doctors in Quincy. Also, go if you are looking for someone compassionate but want to leave options of treatment open.
Dr. Attaman is super compassionate, sweet and patient. She is very empathetic and will spend as much time as you need to answer questions.