Good

Waltham
52 Second Ave
Waltham, MA 02451
617-726-8868

Jill Attaman was very nice. However, I felt like I wasn't given any attention. I felt confused who to call and ask questions to. She only has one nurse at the Burlington location. I felt like she didn't care and didn't answer my questions easily. I'm not sure if them merging with Boston IVF was playing a role in this...We did Gonal F, which is very expensive. There was one other injection to but I can't remember. We did the trigger shot and the retrieval in Lexington. We did genetic testing this time which is costly. Unfortunately the three embryos that did test came back all abnormal.
I felt that burlington office was nice, but the schedule was inflexible. I thought it was confusing to have to go to other locations. I went to Welseley only because I didn't want to drive into Boston...I was waiting for the genetic testing of the embryos to come back. They were back and Jill Attaman did not call me. I had to create a little drama with the staff to get her on the phone to call me with the results (which I had already waited 2 weeks).
How was your experience with Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard?
Ask questions, and ask her to be direct.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard?
Jill Attaman was too busy for me. Even her staff commented several times on how busy she was. Also they are merging with Boston IVF, so I felt I was always being shifted around.
Describe the protocols Jill Attaman used in your cycles at Harvard Vanguard and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Chris)
At the Burlington location it was Chris. She was lovely but all by herself so it was often left leaving messages. I often got routed to the Wellesley location to speak to others to. It was very confusing who to call. Then on weekends it was to call Kenmore location to, which was odd and very hard to get through.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard.
This part was the nightmare! We were denied from Blue Cross Blue Shield. They denied me on an old test from another doctor I was not seeing. The very information they denied me for was from a past cycle they approved. Jill Attaman although supported me I feel should could have worked harder to help appeal the decision. The cycle was incomplete because we did the genetic testing . We had no transfer, which would have cost more. When I paid for the cycle the accountant said I was all Set but the transfer was never paid for and I thought it was because she said I was all paid in full.
What specific things went wrong at Harvard Vanguard?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Harvard Vanguard.
Burlington

2013, Unsuccessful
We initially started treatments with my husband being the problem and discovered along the way that I was also the problem. ... we were told that the process would never be successful for us. ... Attempted a “fire” round of fertility drugs in an attempt to be as aggressive as possible to get my ovaries to produce eggs. ... I felt like she [Dr. Attaman] offered no attempt at answering any of my legitimate women’s health concerns, but instead offered info for adoption or surrogacy.
After I was told that they [Harvard Vanguard] could do nothing more for me, I actually reached back out to them about natural cycle fertility treatments I had heard about since my body was unresponsive to the fertility treatments, I was simply told they did not do that and that was all. ... They [nurses] were very nice, but when I began to get horrible results, I felt like I needed more compassion and support than I was given.
How was your experience with Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard?
I was devastated by the results of the treatment. We initially started treatments with my husband being the problem and discovered along the way that I was also the problem. After three failed attempts, each going worse than before, we were told that the process would never be successful for us. I was devastated, but also I was extremely concerned for my health as a woman. I felt like she offered no attempt at answering any of my legitimate women’s health concerns, but instead offered info for adoption or surrogacy.
I hope you have no unforeseen or rare situations that arise.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Harvard Vanguard.
They were very nice, but when I began to get horrible results, I felt like I needed more compassion and support than I was given.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
After I was told that they could do nothing more for me, I actually reached back out to them about natural cycle fertility treatments I had heard about since my body was unresponsive to the fertility treatments, I was simply told they did not do that and that was all. I was crushed.
I had excellent health coverage and it cost almost nothing.
Burlington

2013 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Attaman is a nice person and clearly works hard and did help me get pregnant (yeah!) but if I had it to do again I would have seen someone else...Dr Attaman did not appear to have reviewed my chart before any of our appointments, guess it would have been a much longer wait if she had.
I think this clinic [Harvard Vanguard] just takes on too many patients, they don't have the time and energy to address each one personally... Office was always so backlogged and ran late for every appointment... They have a really difficult system with making calls, you never know when they will call you and if they call with results after 5 and you don't answer you can't call back with questions until the next morning.
How was your experience with Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard?
I think this clinic just takes on too many patients, they don't have the time and energy to address each one personally. Dr. Attaman is a nice person and clearly works hard and did help me get pregnant (yeah!) but if I had it to do again I would have seen someone else.
Find another fertility doctor.
Care team never remembered me other than one awesome nurse. Office was always so backlogged and ran late for every appointment. Dr Attaman did not appear to have reviewed my chart before any of our appointments, guess it would have been a much longer wait if she had.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Chris French)
Chris was awesome, she helped me work through a bunch of logistical challenges, like traveling during treatment, she remembered details about my specific situation and was great at answering my 100s of questions. The rest of the nursing staff was ok but a few times they forgot to call me with test results or didn't return my calls when I left messages.
What specific things went wrong at Harvard Vanguard?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Harvard Vanguard.
Clinic was always overbooked and behind schedule, always, even for 7am appointments. They have a really difficult system with making calls, you never know when they will call you and if they call with results after 5 and you don't answer you can't call back with questions until the next morning. They do have 24 hour emergency support though which is really nice. I use Harvard Vanguard for all my other medical needs and am happy with their other services.
Boston