9.8

Atlanta, GA 30308
404-778-3401

2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
Review of
He [Dr. Jim Toner] lacked emotion or bedside manner, but was always pleasant and optimistic. I trust him and felt he had a very good sense of what he was doing and how to handle our case successfully. He recommended freezing sperm (which was unsuccessful because samples didn't survive thaw well)...He made sure to be very familiar with all details of our case.
[ACRM] Strengths: professional, great nurses, seemingly popular, very organized process. Weaknesses: some (not all) administrative staff is disorganized and rude...Strengths: professional, great nurses, seemingly popular, very organized process. Weaknesses: some (not all) administrative staff is disorganized and rude...He [Dr. Jim Toner] lacked emotion or bedside manner, but was always pleasant and optimistic. I trust him and felt he had a very good sense of what he was doing and how to handle our case successfully. He recommended freezing sperm (which was unsuccessful because samples didn't survive thaw well).
How was your experience with Jim Toner at ACRM?
He lacked emotion or bedside manner, but was always pleasant and optimistic. I trust him and felt he had a very good sense of what he was doing and how to handle our case successfully. He recommended freezing sperm (which was unsuccessful because samples didn't survive thaw well).
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jim Toner at ACRM?
Do not expect extreme warmth, but do expect a capable and calm Doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jim Toner at ACRM?
He made sure to be very familiar with all details of our case.
Describe the protocols Jim Toner used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
Antagonist protocol (no female issues known). ICSI for fertilization
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Mikesha Middlebrook)
Mikesha was EXCELLENT and has taken great care of me. My patient care coordinator, Michelle, was very forgetful. She often called to schedule me for a treatment I wasn't scheduled to even have. Thankfully for my IVF cycle I made most of my appointments with Mikesha and felt great in her care.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at ACRM.
This was a well-oiled machine. I was usually called into appointments within 15 minutes, though I was almost always early or on time. I did wait for 10-15 minutes in the exam rooms, though.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jim Toner at ACRM.
Cycle $15,600. Meds $3,300. Pre-treatment (Hysteroscopy, mock transfer) $1,770.
Describe Jim Toner's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
Dr. Toner's colleague Dr. Keenan performed eSET.
What specific things went wrong at ACRM?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ACRM.
Michelle, patient coordinator, called to schedule me for a D&C instead of a cyst aspiration procedure. Previously, she had also called to schedule an IVF cycle when I was only scheduled for an IUI. I made mention to Dr. Toner of this, but remained her patient. Fortunately as I began IVF my nurse Mikesha scheduled most of my appointments and procedures and my interactions with Michelle were limited. I think ACRM really does prioritize their nursing staff care (which is good), but their administrative staff leaves a lot to be desired and when you mention that, the doctors listen but do not make an effort to make changes.
Jim Toner
ACRM
Atlanta Perimeter
2015, Unsuccessful
Review of
For the most part I felt like a human, however the office [ACRM] was always busy and it didn't seem that he took the time to look in my chart before seeing me. I took 3 months off in between iui 4 and iui 5 and no one noticed...He [Dr. Jim Toner] was direct and to the point, and explained things fairly well. He was willing to answer all of my questions, but was always rushed. I felt that I was in good hands though. I think if there were better emotional support from him I would feel better. However, I would rather have a competent physician that wasnt overly friendly vs a super friendly physician who may not know exactly what they were talking about or what needed to be done.
For the most part I felt like a human, however the office [ACRM] was always busy and it didn't seem that he [Dr. Jim Toner] took the time to look in my chart before seeing me. I took 3 months off in between iui 4 and iui 5 and no one noticed...Janelle was amazing. She was always great with bloodwork and coordinating prescriptions for the doctor if needed. My nurse (I forgot her name!) Was great as well. The back office staff is always sweet and we're great to talk about any issues I was dealing with.
How was your experience with Jim Toner at ACRM?
He was direct and to the point, and explained things fairly well. He was willing to answer all of my questions, but was always rushed. I felt that I was in good hands though. I think if there were better emotional support from him I would feel better. However, I would rather have a competent physician that wasnt overly friendly vs a super friendly physician who may not know exactly what they were talking about or what needed to be done.
Be prepared to feel a bit like a number. I've heard so many good things about the office, so even though we didn't have success yet doesn't mean that they won't.
For the most part I felt like a human, however the office was always busy and it didn't seem that he took the time to look in my chart before seeing me. I took 3 months off in between iui 4 and iui 5 and no one noticed.
We started with bloodwork, naturally. My husband was diagnosed with low testosterone, and even though his sperm count was still in the normal range, it was on the low side. He was prescribed clomid to help with his testosterone, which in turn boosted his sperm count over the next few months. As far as I'm concerned, my bloodwork came back all within a normal range. I was then sent for a hsg, which showed that my tubes were clear. Dr. Toner then met with us to discuss a game plan. Dr. Toner thought that we just had a bit of 'bad luck' over the previous 18 months and want us to give iui a try. Every month, my husbands sperm count rose but I did not/ have not fallen pregnant as of yet. Going on 3 years of trying!
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Janelle (phlebotomist))
Describe your experience with ACRM.
I've been to 2 of the locations. The offices themselves are very nice, but the front office is fairly flaccid at both locations. No greeting or 'how are you?'. They also don't run your insurance before hand if your insurance changes- one of the reasons we stopped having the iui's performed was because my insurance changed. They didn't run it the first 2 visits after and made me pay out of pocket, which was almost $1000. Then i found out my insurance covered nothing, so we stopped the iui midcycle.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jim Toner at ACRM.
Baseline ultrasound and bloodwork- approx. $500 Midcycle ultrasound and bloodwork- approx. $500 Hsg- approx $400 Iui- approx $300
What specific things went wrong at ACRM?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ACRM.
We had a few issues getting a refill on my medication and my husbands- I took a few emails and phone calls to sort it out.
Jim Toner