Joanne Kwak-Kim

830 West End Ct.
Vernon Hills, IL 60061
847-247-6900

1 patient review filtered by:

I met with Dr. Kwak-Kim only two times and she was very straightforward and compassionate with my results. I have not, however, worked with her further than that but more exclusively with the nurse practitioner at the clinic....Dr. Kwak-Kim provided quite in-depth testing and identified some genetic blood clotting factors that other testing did not catch. Her plan is very thorough and addresses each medical issue that I present with. I wish that I had more time to consult or hear from the doctor and not just exclusively work with the nurse practitioner...v
I believe this clinic [Rosalind Franklin Clinic] has done a great job of diagnosing some underlying issues. The biggest downfall is that it uses IVIG as it’s go-to treatment when immune and NK numbers are high. This puts you in a predicament of feeling like you have to spend four grand every few weeks if your not covered by insurance to keep the pregnancy viable...[nurse] Heather is very nice and you can tell she works hard, However at times meaningful interpretation of my test results is lacking. Also I feel that IVIG is strongly suggested frequently. (This could be due to my results as well).
How was your experience with Joanne Kwak-Kim at Rosalind Franklin Univ?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joanne Kwak-Kim at Rosalind Franklin Univ?
Be prepared to have IVIG recommended as a main main part of your treatment plan. IVIG is expensive out-of-pocket if insurance doesn’t cover it which it most often does not. This has cost us a lot of stress financially feeling that we have to pay out of pocket in order to keep the pregnancy healthy. ( this is obviously based on my results ).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joanne Kwak-Kim at Rosalind Franklin Univ?
Describe the protocols Joanne Kwak-Kim used in your cycles at Rosalind Franklin Univ and their degree of success.
I am currently on Metformin Lovenox Progesterone Estrodial Levothyroxine Plaquinel Prednisone IVIG I have driven down 5 times to assess blood flow by ultrasound as well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Rosalind Franklin Univ. (Assigned nurse: Heather M. )
Describe your experience with Rosalind Franklin Univ.
I believe this clinic has done a great job of diagnosing some underlying issues. The biggest downfall is that it uses IVIG as it’s go-to treatment when immune and NK numbers are high. This puts you in a predicament of feeling like you have to spend four grand every few weeks if your not covered by insurance to keep the pregnancy viable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joanne Kwak-Kim at Rosalind Franklin Univ.
My insurance is covering a large portion of my visits and testing however I do have a $20 co-pay for each office visit and I am just now receiving lab bills that I have approximately add it up to around $300. Every week to every two weeks I have had to send my blood by FedEx overnight to the clinic to run my NK Assay. The shipping cost around $70 overnight. The largest cruel of cost has been with that IVIG, I had one infusion at the clinic which ran around $3500 and one infusion at home which ran approximately $4000. We are early on in our pregnancy and the cost was over one month.
Joanne Kwak-Kim