7.2

9817 N 95th Street
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
602-765-2229

Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Couvaras took the time to acknowledge how difficult this journey has been for me to date, then started with my medical history from the beginning to get a complete picture of all of the events leading up to our first appointment. He was direct while also showing compassion...takes the time to really dive into the etiology of your infertility. I have some medical knowledge, but he did not gloss over the details or make me feel rushed when I asked questions. He listened to my concerns/suggestions and always provided the rationale behind his decision making.
Although most information is uploaded into the patient portal [at IVF Phoenix], I found that many verbal instructions were not otherwise put in print (or if they were, they were not readily accessible to me). This resulted in multiple phone calls to clarify (rare, but could be time consuming). There were also a couple of occasions that medications were supposed to be called in to my pharmacy and were not; however this was quickly fixed with a phone call.
How was your experience with John Couvaras at IVF Phoenix?
Dr. Couvaras takes the time to really dive into the etiology of your infertility. I have some medical knowledge, but he did not gloss over the details or make me feel rushed when I asked questions. He listened to my concerns/suggestions and always provided the rationale behind his decision making.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Couvaras at IVF Phoenix?
Bring a notepad! Also, a lot of the staff seem to be somewhat fluid in their roles in the clinic—try not to get frustrated, someone could always find an answer to my question (even if it was a different person than I expected).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Couvaras at IVF Phoenix?
Describe the protocols John Couvaras used in your cycles at IVF Phoenix and their degree of success.
Prior to IVF, he used an FSH suppression protocol for a minimum of 120 days, consisting of vaginal estrace and DHEA; doses were adjusted based on weekly labs. The rationale was to (hopefully) recruit a cohort of follicles to improve my antral follicle count. For the IVF cycle he planned for an antagonist protocol; however, my cycle was canceled 2 days into stimulation medications due to procedure restrictions with Covid-19.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVF Phoenix.
The nursing staff seems a bit disjointed at times as they staff 2 different locations; however, with time there have been less clarifications needed and I have learned which nurses to ask for to get my questions answered in a (more) timely manner. On a positive note-they are friendly, compassionate, and apologize for misunderstandings or miscommunication when it does occur.
Describe your experience with IVF Phoenix.
The clinic is clean and well designed with plenty of good distractions (magazines, a TV, bottled water, mints, etc). They occasionally run behind but the majority of the time there was little wait. The financials can be a bit murky at times due to the multiple inclusions/exclusions with the IVF packages, but nothing that can’t be clarified by reading through it carefully and asking questions. Another small detail: Dr. Couvaras did the majority of my follicle scans and he is great about talking you through it; however, the nurses who performed them were not as verbal and often did not want to give definitive information (but perhaps that is what they are instructed to do).
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Couvaras at IVF Phoenix.
Without insurance, cost was approx. 10K for an egg retrieval (including cycle ultrasounds, assisted hatching, ICSI, embryo biopsy) and FET. Medications an additional 5-7K. Third-party genetic testing of embryos was not included.
Describe John Couvaras's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF Phoenix.
I believe he strongly suggests eSET, but I have not made it to egg retrieval at this time.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVF Phoenix.
Although most information is uploaded into the patient portal, I found that many verbal instructions were not otherwise put in print (or if they were, they were not readily accessible to me). This resulted in multiple phone calls to clarify (rare, but could be time consuming). There were also a couple of occasions that medications were supposed to be called in to my pharmacy and were not; however this was quickly fixed with a phone call.
Scottsdale

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with John Couvaras at IVF Phoenix.

He [Dr. Couvaras] is a very intelligent doctor. I have experienced 3 miscarriages before going to his clinic and within the 20 minute consultation he felt like he understood why I had recurrent loss when other doctors could not help. He looks at the whole person and not just the eggs and sperm. He will always give you his honest opinion and if you aren't understanding something he will create an analogy to better explain the situation.
After just a couple visits the staff [at IVF Phoenix] knew who I was and treated me like I had been a patient for years. Every member is always extremely helpful, kind, and compassionate. Any time we would have questions they would always be helpful, and especially with starting IVF they were very knowledgeable about what we could expect and helped ease our worries.
How was your experience with John Couvaras at IVF Phoenix?
He is a very intelligent doctor. I have experienced 3 miscarriages before going to his clinic and within the 20 minute consultation he felt like he understood why I had recurrent loss when other doctors could not help. He looks at the whole person and not just the eggs and sperm. He will always give you his honest opinion and if you aren't understanding something he will create an analogy to better explain the situation.
Go in with an open mind about the timeline of when to expect to get pregnant no matter which procedure will get you there. I was naive about how "long" testing takes to get the full picture.
He is a very busy doctor who runs his own practice. In the beginning I felt more like a number because he is kind of awkward and not overly personable. However, after seeing him for a bit we all kind of opened up to each other and can joke around at appointments. I understand how busy he is trying to help everyone as the sole doctor in the practice.
I went to Dr. Couvaras after have 3 losses conceived naturally. His plan my first cycle was to do a medicated timed intercourse cycle. I was taking femara, heparin for my clotting problems, and acyclovir for inflammation and using OPKs to predict ovulation. We went this route first because it was less costly and had gotten pregnant before. This cycle ended with a negative result. My second cycle was a medicated IUI. The doctor felt that getting the sperm directly into my uterus would eliminate any other outside factor that could prevent us from getting pregnant. That cycle I was taking menopur, acyclovir, heparin, and cetrotide. After the IUI was unsuccessful, Dr. Couvaras suggested we just test my husband's sperm to make sure nothing had changed since we'd gotten pregnant. He came back with an extremely low count. Because of this we were suggested to start IVF. For our egg retrieval I was taking menopur, acyclovir, heparin, gonal f, omnitrope, cetrotide, provera, and lupron. We had 24 eggs retrieved, 19 mature, 18 fertilized, 15 were frozen with 9 of those biopsied for PGS. Our final results are we have 12 total frozen embryos, 6 untested and 6 that are chromosomally normal. We are in the middle of our ERA cycle and I've been on birth control, heparin, acyclovir, estrace, and progesterone both injections and suppositories.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVF Phoenix.
After just a couple visits the staff knew who I was and treated me like I had been a patient for years. Every member is always extremely helpful, kind, and compassionate. Any time we would have questions they would always be helpful, and especially with starting IVF they were very knowledgeable about what we could expect and helped ease our worries.
Describe your experience with IVF Phoenix.
The clinic has great reviews and is nice and clean, and because it's a small practice you don't feel like a number being pushed through every visit. If I had to say any weaknesses it would probably be that he has 2 locations and depending on which day of the week your appt is will depend on which location you are scheduled at. One is in Scottsdale and the other is in Mesa. If you are located anywhere on the west side of the valley it is not a close drive. A piece of constructive criticism I would offer is, especially with IVF, to be completley transparent about cost of the entire cycle and options outside of the offered plan that could increase the cost. For example, our ERA cycle after egg retrieval is costing us about two thousand more than we had expected. It would have been easier to understand the full potential cost before starting instead of having to decide at a visit if we wanted to proceed because of the added cost.
I believe his approach is single embryo transfer. He did explain the chance of multiples with even a single transfer. He also explained that transferring more than one does not increase your chances of getting pregnant, it just increases the possibilty multiples if you were to get pregnant. More than one embryo does not guarantee pregnancy according to the studies he was referencing. However, since my husband and I were only wanting to transfer one we did not ask if he had a firm stance on this or if there were scenarios where we would transfer two vs one.

Treated 2018 - 2019
After seeing another fertility dr that treated everyone as a one size fits all, Dr. Couvaras was a breath of fresh air. He had testing done on me that I had never even heard of and put me on a diet and supplements along with medication. I really felt as though he was fixing the problem from the inside out, instead of attempting to get an unhealthy person pregnant.... First round I did acyclovir to reduce virus that I carry, heparin for blood clotting and tons of vitamins including high doses of vitamin D.
It’s a busy clinic [IVF Phoenix] but over all runs very smooth. I’ve hardly ever had to wait to be seen for blood work, IVs, ultrasound etc. it is very clean and welcoming. I think a weakness would also be how busy it is, sometimes it’s a tad over overwhelming how many people are going in a out while you are waiting for info.... Sometimes when Dr is out of town I feel like they can’t get it together. They text me the wrong info on occasion or asking me questions that don’t
How was your experience with John Couvaras at IVF Phoenix?
After seeing another fertility dr that treated everyone as a one size fits all, Dr. Couvaras was a breath of fresh air. He had testing done on me that I had never even heard of and put me on a diet and supplements along with medication. I really felt as though he was fixing the problem from the inside out, instead of attempting to get an unhealthy person pregnant. I had just had my third miscarriage when I went to see him and I needed to feel like my body was being fixed to carry a baby.
He’s a little crazy, but there is a method to his madness d he gets results. I’ve had friends who were told they would need IVF with others drs end up being able to conceive naturally after doing Couvaras course.
This lastbcucle I haven’t even seen him, I’ve only had encounters with the nurses and sometimes when the nurses text me they have the wrong information about what I’m suppose to be doing in this cycle.
First round I did acyclovir to reduce virus that I carry, heparin for blood clotting and tons of vitamins including high doses of vitamin D. That cycle we also did a trigger shot. Unfortunately that round wasn’t successful. This round (in two week wait) we did the same as above and added chlomid on days 3 to 7 of my cycle. Did that followed by a trigger shot with timed intercourse again. During this cycle we had a semen analysis done on my husband, had the first one done with first fertility dr and his results came back normal, Couvaras does different in house testing and my husbands did come back low this time. We opted to try naturally one more time and if unsuccessful this round we will try IUI.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVF Phoenix.
One nurse is very friendly and sweet and the other not so much. Sometimes when Dr is out of town I feel like they can’t get it together. They text me the wrong info on occasion or asking me questions that don’t pertain to my treatment at that time. For instance I did a trigger shot last Sunday and then on Thursday one nurse text me to ask what my OPKs were looking like. It was irrelevant after the shot and kind of freaked me out that maybe they had me do something wrong.
Describe your experience with IVF Phoenix.
It’s a busy clinic but over all runs very smooth. I’ve hardly ever had to wait to be seen for blood work, IVs, ultrasound etc. it is very clean and welcoming. I think a weakness would also be how busy it is, sometimes it’s a tad over overwhelming how many people are going in a out while you are waiting for info.
So far I believe we are at about 5000$. Mostly just for testing, HSG, sono with oil, and the intralipid IVs. If we move to IUI next cycle the cost will increase significantly.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVF Phoenix.
Mostly just the mixed up information in text with the nurses. Both times this has happened Dr. Couvaras has been out of town.
Scottsdale

We weren’t sure what to expect but Dr Couvaras is a genius in my book, he is so knowledgeable. He was so willing to do an extra ultra sound even when it wasnt planned to see how close I was to ovulation.... We are still in progress. The acyclovir I am still taking and the plaquenil was short term. Dr Couvaras focuses a lot on inflammation especially with me.... He instructed me to read and learn about SIGHI diet, also to take Vitamin D, Gaba, B6 and Methyl Folate.
They [IVF Phoenix] are great at scheduling and you always leave with your visit notes in your hand that have your plan. At the end of the visit the nurse sits down and goes back over the plan with you ( so you hear it twice before you leave the office ). They all totally get everyone is at a different point in the journey.... I adore that his sweet wife works with him, and the rest of the staff is sweet but sometimes a little unorganized.
How was your experience with John Couvaras at IVF Phoenix?
We weren’t sure what to expect but Dr Couvaras is a genius in my book, he is so knowledgeable. He was so willing to do an extra ultra sound even when it wasnt planned to see how close I was to ovulation. I love that he, himself does the ultrasound with us, in the past at other offices we’ve had poor experiences with ultrasound technicians. I love that his sweet wife works in the office with him. I have been beyond blown away by his care these last 3 months.
Dont be afraid to ask questions! Sometimes he will explain using medical terms I don’t recognize even with my medical experience. He is so willing to explain, just ask!
The office and Dr Couvaras is so great at communicating threw calling, texting, their portal and just in general when your at the office. your always able to schedule an appt quickly. After doing an HSG in their office the nurse was so kind and of course Dr Couvaras is always so great and making sense of what is going on and explaining it.
We are still in progress. The acyclovir I am still taking and the plaquenil was short term. Dr Couvaras focuses a lot on inflammation especially with me. He instructed me to read and learn about SIGHI diet, also to take Vitamin D, Gaba, B6 and Methyl Folate. i hadn’t had a period in 18 months trying so many other things (metformin, clomid and holistic medicine) and this worked within 20 days!!!!! It blew us away. Now we’ve had two cycles. We have planned for this next cycle to do haprin shots/clomid and IUI. Dr Couvaras immediately recommended that we do the genetic carrier tests, which I was grateful for. I just want to do things right, we feel we’ve had too many doctors try to shortcut out of seeing me. Dr Couvaras gets that and is willing to go at our pace to get that baby into our arms.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVF Phoenix.
First I adore that his sweet wife works with him, and the rest of the staff is sweet but sometimes a little unorganized. The Dr does quite a bit himself it seams but it feels like he almost prefers it, it feels like he is taking care of you.
Describe your experience with IVF Phoenix.
They are great at scheduling and you always leave with your visit notes in your hand that have your plan. At the end of the visit the nurse sits down and goes back over the plan with you ( so you hear it twice before you leave the office ). They all totally get everyone is at a different point in the journey. Some people come in after 6 months of ttc and some people wait years or like us we waited 4 years and tried several other treatment plans before going to Dr Couvaras.
Mostly Co pays we haven’t gotten the visits back from both insurances. The genetic testing was cash and the supplements was cash. It has not been as bad as I expected. IUI will be about $400 with the lipids another few hundred then with mediations and another month of supplements. I bet it will be about $1,500 by the end of March.
i haven’t had an experience with this yet. Maybe it won’t be necessary but maybe it will.

Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Couvaras has a very personalized approach and listened to me very closely each appointment. I feel like he is a brilliant doctor who helped me understand more than just my fertility but my overall health. We did a ton of testing before we jumped to any conclusions and treatments....I was told to follow a low histamine diet to clean up inflammation I had. We did a intralipid infusion a few days before my procedure since I had high killer cells. With each recommendation in his treatment he had a very good explanation of how it would beneficial.
Strengths [of IVF Phoenix]: Excellent care and communication. Tons of package pricing options. Very responsive to questions via phone and text. Clear instructions. Weaknesses: two separate offices that you have to drive to... There are a ton of package pricing that are very competitive with other clinics out in Arizona....They were a few ladies who would explain the treatment plans and next steps and were always willing to assist with questions any day/time.
How was your experience with John Couvaras at IVF Phoenix?
I had seen two fertility doctors prior to dr. Couvaras and didn’t feel comfortable with them at all. Dr. Couvaras team is so responsive to my many questions and are just a text or phone call away. He listens carefully and transcribes each appt in front of you. As he examines you he educates you on what he is looking at. Dr. C even personalized my diet/exercise routine.
Listen and ask any question you have. Trust and follow Dr. C’s recommendations.
Dr. Couvaras is a very smart man and wants to prevent miscarriage or any problems before any treatment is done. I was told to follow a low histamine diet to clean up inflammation I had. We did a intralipid infusion a few days before my procedure since I had high killer cells. With each recommendation in his treatment he had a very good explanation of how it would beneficial.
Describe your experience with IVF Phoenix.
Strengths: Excellent care and communication. Tons of package pricing options. Very responsive to questions via phone and text. Clear instructions. Weaknesses: two separate offices that you have to drive to
Scottsdale

We are still in the middle of his FSH suppression protocol [with Dr Couvaras] in an attempt to raise my AMH. It is much more intense than I thought it would be, but it’s not so bad once you get used to it. He adjusts the hormones and meds weekly based on blood test results to get and keep the levels where he wants them. My specific protocol is a combination of 17 different supplements and medications, combined with a high protein/low carb diet, and daily exercise. I imagine it is similar for most of his patients, but I know he tailors it to each patient based on their specific needs.
Most communication [with IVF Phoenix] is through the portal and text, which is fine...I wish the nurses showed more compassion. We are going through the hardest time in our lives and spending many thousands of dollars. Sometimes they are amazing, and sometimes it feels like they don’t remember everything we’re going through. I think part of it is that it’s mostly written communication. In person and on the phone, they are very kind. Also, to be fair, I don’t know if everyone I communicate with in the portal/text are nurses or other staff.
How was your experience with John Couvaras at IVF Phoenix?
We chose Dr Couvaras specifically because of his studies on low AMH and his protocol to help raise it. He has done studies that I’ve never seen any other dr do in regards to still getting good eggs/embryos from women with low AMH. We are still in the middle of this protocol, but he has been very helpful and adjusts it weekly based on blood test results. I truly believe he is a genius, and honestly, he talks like one. There are times that I need to ask him to dumb it down a little so we can understand. He is blunt when talking to us, which I personally appreciate. I don’t need him to be extra nice or delicate, I just need his knowledge so we can try to use my eggs one last time. However, when we had a minor setback and I had a little meltdown, he was very kind and helped me to understand the issue.
Don’t be afraid to ask him to explain things in different terms. He talks fast and uses terms I had never heard, even after we had already been through a full IVF cycle with another dr. He wants you to understand and will gladly explain it differently for you.
Dr Couvaras is extremely thorough in his assessment. He really takes his time to learn everything about your history and with the exam to pinpoint what the issues are.
We are still in the middle of his FSH suppression protocol in an attempt to raise my AMH. It is much more intense than I thought it would be, but it’s not so bad once you get used to it. He adjusts the hormones and meds weekly based on blood test results to get and keep the levels where he wants them. My specific protocol is a combination of 17 different supplements and medications, combined with a high protein/low carb diet, and daily exercise. I imagine it is similar for most of his patients, but I know he tailors it to each patient based on their specific needs.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVF Phoenix.
Most communication is through the portal and text, which is fine. I don’t mind the dr being blunt because we are using him for his knowledge and studies on our specific issue, but I guess I wish the nurses showed more compassion. We are going through the hardest time in our lives and spending many thousands of dollars. Sometimes they are amazing, and sometimes it feels like they don’t remember everything we’re going through. I think part of it is that it’s mostly written communication. In person and on the phone, they are very kind. Also, to be fair, I don’t know if everyone I communicate with in the portal/text are nurses or other staff.
Describe your experience with IVF Phoenix.
In person, they are all very kind and personable. However, most communication goes through the portal and/or text. It is helpful at times, but there are other times that I wish it was more personal. However, Dr Couvaras is extremely knowledgeable and he is worth it all. I have not found any other clinic or dr that does the studies he does or takes the time to figure out the root of the problem rather than just rushing into another cycle. I’m so glad we chose this clinic and will stay with them no matter what.
The total (without meds) for IVF with ICSI and PGS is around $10k. He also offers other services for addtl cost, such as embryo glue and supplements.
Not sure yet.

Treated 2018 - 2019
He [Dr. Couvaras] thinks outside of the box and tries things I only read about online but never saw put into practice before. I think they are really the next steps to being successful....I have been on prednisone, vitamin D, antiviral 3x day, DHEA 2x day, Fish oil 2x day, Vitamins B6 and B12, Lovenox 40mg and 60 mg 12 hours apart, intralipids before IUI and after positive test, PRP wash before IUI, and we used Clomid and injectable Menopur for the stimulation of eggs.
The staff [at IVF Phoenix] could be more friendly/compassionate but they do a pretty good job keeping things updated and letting you know your plan. I have a type A personality though so I always follow up anyway...All clinics have issues sometimes and I had a few here. One appointment was made but when I came in, they didn't have me down and the Doctor was really mad about it and showed his frustration in front of me which was really awkward. That was the worst visit I've had. A few times lab orders aren't called in so I now just call the day before to verify before I go to the lab.
How was your experience with John Couvaras at IVF Phoenix?
This doctor was the first one to get me pregnant with treatment ever and although I miscarried I am confident his techniques will get us a full term pregnancy. He thinks outside of the box and tries things I only read about online but never saw put into practice before. I think they are really the next steps to being successful.
He's brilliant and thinks outside of the box but don't expect a warm fuzzy feeling every time you see him. He's not there to hold your hand or make you feel good so if you are looking for that then I would go somewhere else. If you are looking for someone that will do alternative methods and test for everything, this is your guy.
The staff and doctor really don't show much of a personality or smile. They are straight to the point and very business like. The bedside manner isn't the greatest and I used to care a lot about that (of course would still like a good bedside manner) but it's not the most important thing to me anymore. I really just want results and this team is a results driven team.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Phoenix. (Assigned nurse: Courtney)
The staff could be more friendly/compassionate but they do a pretty good job keeping things updated and letting you know your plan. I have a type A personality though so I always follow up anyway.
Describe your experience with IVF Phoenix.
I think they are a great clinic. Rhoda is the sweetest and is there when you need her. The Doctor is brilliant and the staff is pretty good at getting you in and out and keeping things updated. I think you have to know they aren't the most compassionate bedside type people and that although they are great, you can't forget to be your own advocate too, that's with any clinic.
Insured covered testing, lab, and some visits. The IUI I believe was $375, the Intralipids around $3-400, and PRP was about $400.
I haven't done a transfer with Dr. Couvarus but with the other doctor he suggested 1 embryo, and 2 embryos for the next two transfers.

Treated 2018 - 2019
He [Dr. John Couvaras] takes the time to break things down for you, explain the what/why/how’s and the next steps. He doesn’t jump right into things as fertility treatments aren’t a one size fits all. We did months of testing and waiting...We feel confident going into IVF with him!...likes to think outside the box...He may be a bit abrasive but he wants you to know he is taking the time to tailor a plan for you...We are currently in the process of doing IVF. Gonal, menopur, omnitrope, Lupron. We are waiting for my next cycle to start then it is go time...
[The nurse at IVF Phoenix] explains things thoroughly and reassures us that she will help guide us along this journey...Strengths - the doctors knowledge is amazing. Our IVF coordinator is on top of everything. Weaknesses - the staff could be a little more friendly. I feel a big disconnect when there during an office visit. It would be nice to build a relationship with the team as a whole...I had to call and inquire on it a few times but they owned up to it and made things right. A prescription wasn’t called in which could have been bad if I had expected those meds right away but thankfully I had time to figure out that mishap.
How was your experience with John Couvaras at IVF Phoenix?
We finally found a doctor that wanted to take the time to figure out answers and not just push another procedure. We met with him and knew right away he was the doctor for us and our search was over. He may be a bit abrasive but he wants you to know he is taking the time to tailor a plan for you and to TRUST him. We are doing just that. I believe that’s how it should be - you shouldn’t have to keep second guessing yourself or wondering if there are things being missed because they don’t take the time to properly diagnose you. Couvaras likes to think outside the box.
Be patient. He doesn’t jump right into things as fertility treatments aren’t a one size fits all. We did months of testing and waiting. It’s worth it to know you are headed down the right path with a doctor who took the time to figure out your diagnosis.
He takes the time to break things down for you, explain the what/why/how’s and the next steps. We feel confident going into IVF with him!
We are currently in the process of doing IVF. Gonal, menopur, omnitrope, Lupron. We are waiting for my next cycle to start then it is go time. However I know from a few friends that have or are currently seeing Couvaras, if a cycle fails he changes protocol or dives deeper into finding out why it could have failed.
On top of it, explains things thoroughly and reassures us that she will help guide us along this journey
Describe your experience with IVF Phoenix.
11k for IVF excluding medications (includes ICSI) $180 each SA for husband. Copays fun about $40 after insurance.
He explained why it’s best to transfer 1. If the cycle fails - you want to figure out what needs adjusting, therefore you don’t want to waste two good embryo’s. Plus success rates don’t go up the more you transfer. We are confident in his choice to do one at a time.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVF Phoenix.
Simple mistakes where the ball was dropped with giving us results which was frustrating. I had to call and inquire on it a few times but they owned up to it and made things right. A prescription wasn’t called in which could have been bad if I had expected those meds right away but thankfully I had time to figure out that mishap.
Scottsdale

It took me a few months to get ready for my first IVF cycle with Dr.C [John Couvaras] I have immune issues so we spent the time to ensure that every thing was as good as can be before we proceeded. He used heparin and antiviral meds to get my immune system in check and increase the blood flow to help with egg quality. That resulted in my best round yet with 17 egg retrieved and 15 mature! Before my transfer we continued with blood thinners, antivirals and intralipids to help calm my immune system.
I’ve never had a single issue [at IVF Phoenix- Scottsdale]. They are very prompt to respond and I can typically make my apt early in the day so it doesn’t interfere with work. They can be very busy because it’s a small office and has one ultrasound room so there is a wait sometimes. Never more than maybe 10 minuets but they have water and snack so I never mind!... In totalmeds cost about $1700 and the rest of the cycle including ICSI, testing and transfer was about $8,000.
How was your experience with John Couvaras at IVF Phoenix?
Dr.C is just a fountain of knowledge! He makes sure you fully understand all the medical parts. I leave every appointment with a written care summary and plan so I can always look back at what we discussed and what my next step is. Dr.C takes an individual approach to every patient and is willing to try new procedures or approaches based on your need. I have a particularly difficult diagnosis and he reassured me that even though this might be a rough road he believes he will be able to help me have my dream baby. He never makes you feel like you are out of options and will keep trying new things as long as you are willing. That is what what really makes him so amazing!
Dr.C is truly amazing. He actually spent the time to understand my history and reassure me I still had options. He is incredibly passionate about his clinic and make sure his staff is the same way. They k is you by name and are just as invested in this process as you.
It took me a few months to get ready for my first IVF cycle with Dr.C I have immune issues so we spent the time to ensure that every thing was as good as can be before we proceeded. He used heparin and antiviral meds to get my immune system in check and increase the blood flow to help with egg quality. That resulted in my best round yet with 17 egg retrieved and 15 mature! Before my transfer we continued with blood thinners, antivirals and intralipids to help calm my immune system.
The nursing staff is so caring you feel like they are there just for you! They have a dedicated number you can text including after hours. I had an issue with a medication and working a few minuets the pharmacy had a call and it was all straightened out. That was 7pm and I never had to worry because I k ew they were there to help. After my retrieval I had daily texts and calls to see how I was doing. This process even for someone experienced can be stressful and overwhelming but the nursing h staff was so amazing I’ve never been so relaxed during a cycle.
Describe your experience with IVF Phoenix.
I’ve never had a single issue. They are very prompt to respond and I can typically make my apt early in the day so it doesn’t interfere with work. They can be very busy because it’s a small office and has one ultrasound room so there is a wait sometimes. Never more than maybe 10 minuets but they have water and snack so I never mind!
Dr.C has some of the most reasonable prices around! He know not everybody has unlimited funds or Medicsl coverage. In totalmeds cost about $1700 and the rest of the cycle including ICSI, testing and transfer was about $8,000.

Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. C [Couvaras] spends a lot of time working with his patients as individuals and developing specific treatment plans for specific problems. He tries to find the underlying issue instead of masking the symptoms of the issues. When things didn't go the way we had hoped he spend his valuable time researching a solution to the problem and offered it as something to try.... Dr. C performs lots of blood work and diagnostics to find root causes of fertility issues. He uses supplements based on blood levels and then rechecks to make sure you're in the proper range. He digs deep into your medical history to put the whole picture together. Not just pieces here and there.
They [IVF Phoenix] have 2 offices to help work around your schedule and theirs. Very clean and quiet. There is definitely privacy during your appointments. There is room for your spouse/SO and yourself in each room I've been in. I never felt uncomfortable at either office.... The nursing staff is very patient and knowledgeable. They try to work with you as much as the schedule allows and help walk you thru the process when you're struggling. I was impressed by their knowledge and skills.
How was your experience with John Couvaras at IVF Phoenix?
Dr. C spends a lot of time working with his patients as individuals and developing specific treatment plans for specific problems. He tries to find the underlying issue instead of masking the symptoms of the issues. When things didn't go the way we had hoped he spend his valuable time researching a solution to the problem and offered it as something to try. He is VERY knowledgeable in his field of work and makes sure you understand everything he has you doing before you even leave the office and start treatment. By far the best fertility specialist I have worked with.
Be patient. Follow his advice and don't get frustrated right off the bat. Give time for the treatments to work. Have faith in the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Phoenix. (Assigned nurse: Courtney/Kara)
Describe your experience with IVF Phoenix.
They have 2 offices to help work around your schedule and theirs. Very clean and quiet. There is definitely privacy during your appointments. There is room for your spouse/SO and yourself in each room I've been in. I never felt uncomfortable at either office.
For IVF cycle we paid $6750. This does not include FET, medications, or emergency weekend appointments. However it does include the first year of storage for frozen embryos.
Scottsdale

Dr. Couvaras was always kind and courteous. We also answered our questions and we never felt rushed when we were in the office. He always made sure to ask us if we had any other questions before we left....I had a low white blood cell count and Dr. Couvaras put me on a cleanse of vitamins, medications and Heparin shots to increase my count. I was on it for a month and my number went up drastically after the cleanse. All of my other tests came back normal but unfortunately, my husband suffers from male factor infertility and we were told that IVF is our only option.
IVF Phoenix is full of kind, caring and helpful people. They do their best to accommodate all of your needs and answer all of your questions. I felt extremely comfortable every time I went to an appointment. I think it's encouraging to know that Dr. Couvaras and his team are dedicated to getting to the root of the cause of why you aren't getting pregnant. I would recommend any of my friends and family to see him when they are trying to conceive.... The HSG test I had done was around $300. My husband's semen analysis tests were each around $180.
How was your experience with John Couvaras at IVF Phoenix?
Be patient but know that Dr. Couvaras has your best interest at heart.
I never felt rushed or like my questions were stupid. Dr. Couvaras took the time to explain everything in detail to us.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVF Phoenix.
Everyone I encountered at IVF Phoenix was helpful and compassionate.
Describe your experience with IVF Phoenix.
My co-pay for each visit was $60 through my insurance. The HSG test I had done was around $300. My husband's semen analysis tests were each around $180. All of the expenses added up which is why we haven't started IVF yet since we simply can't afford it. We're trying, by the grace of God, to start a family naturally while we save money to afford IVF.
I love how Dr. Couvaras gets to the root of the cause. The only complaint I would ever have, if any, is that I wish he could do more to help my husband's male factor.

Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr Couvaras is very open to trying new things and keeping updated with new fertility treatments. Before putting me on clomid he tried to naturally get all my levels on track with supplements and a light carb diet. It did help to get many things back to normal, but when it didn't lead to pregnancy he had me start clomid with timed intercourse. That didn't lead to pregnancy so my next cycle we will try clomid with IUI before moving on to IVF.
The clinic [IVF Phoenix] has two separate locations which is great to be able to accommodate many women in the Phoenix area. There was a time when there were quite a few new nurses on staff which made it frustrating seeing as though I would get incorrect answers to my questions or no answer at all.... Courtney is absolutely amazing to work with and no matter how busy the office is she would always be on top of her game and make you feel comfortable with all the ultrasounds and next steps you might have.
How was your experience with John Couvaras at IVF Phoenix?
To give the process time and even though all the check ups and blood work seems like too much to handle, it's all worth it for them to have further knowledge on what might work better the next cycle.
I feel like he took the time to help me understand the process of fertility treatments, but with unexplained infertility diagnosis it's hard to feel like he truly knows what will get us pregnant but that's due to the unknown.
I was on 50mg of clomid days 3-7 along with shots of heparin twice a day from cycle day 1 up to ovulation to increase blood flow to my uterus. I had 2-3 vaginal ultrasounds the first two weeks of my cycle to check follicular development and once 1 or 2 follicles were large enough they would have me do an HCG trigger shot and have intercourse twice that day and once the next day, we had done timed intercourse rather than IUI as my husband SA came back with flying colors . I had done that protocol for 3 cycles which none resulted in a pregnancy.
Courtney is absolutely amazing to work with and no matter how busy the office is she would always be on top of her game and make you feel comfortable with all the ultrasounds and next steps you might have. Even after taking months off from treatments she remembered me the moment I called back in. Fertility treatments are one of the most stressful things to go through and having someone like Courtney gave me the confidence and courage that I was on the right path to conceiving.
Describe your experience with IVF Phoenix.
The clinic has two separate locations which is great to be able to accommodate many women in the Phoenix area. There was a time when there were quite a few new nurses on staff which made it frustrating seeing as though I would get incorrect answers to my questions or no answer at all. I'm hoping this is no longer the case and that they have grown their knowledge to help answer simple questions that don't require the Drs input.
I had lipids every cycle with clomid which was around $375. I don't recall any other specifics other than spending roughly $8k in total with supplements, appointments, prescriptions and injectables in about 6 months.
We have not gone through IVF at this point, but with my age of 31 he highly suggested just one embryo transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVF Phoenix.
This goes back to having new nurses on staff, but my Dr suspected I had chemical pregnancies in the past unknowingly to me. So, after my first failed cycle on clomid they had me do a blood test to confirm I didn't have a chemical pregnancy. When I went into the office the next day I asked the nurse if my results showed a chemical pregnancy and she seemed confused, but said yes. I wasn't confident in her response so I called back later in the day to speak with another nurse I was confident with and she confirmed that I did not have a chemical pregnancy. The first nurse had me so flustered and I wish she would have confirmed with someone else who was more seasoned before giving me an incorrect response.

Treated 2008 - 2017
From the first visit and consultation, I knew he [Dr. Couvaras] would figure out why I could not get pregnant. He was very thorough, and put me at ease. His bedside manner is amazing and his staff was equally wonderful. His communications are detailed and I always left my appointments knowing what was going on.... I suffer from inflammatory issues, immune issues and severe respiratory disease. His treatment was specifically tailored to me. I was on vitamins and supplements that had me feeling the best I had felt in years.
Never saw a weakness. Education is evident in the ENTIRE staff [IVF Phoenix]. Compassion and empathy are present as well. They knew my name when I arrived. Not many offices do. They were personable, friendly and always had a smile on their faces... From the first visit and consultation, I knew he would figure out why I could not get pregnant. He was very thorough, and put me at ease. His bedside manner is amazing and his staff was equally wonderful. His communications are detailed and I always left my appointments knowing what was going on.
How was your experience with John Couvaras at IVF Phoenix?
From the first visit and consultation, I knew he would figure out why I could not get pregnant. He was very thorough, and put me at ease. His bedside manner is amazing and his staff was equally wonderful. His communications are detailed and I always left my appointments knowing what was going on. Our result was not what we wanted, but I fully understand why and know that there is a plan going forward. He treated me like a human being when everyone else treated my like a patient. There is a difference and not many doctors know it.
Give him the chance to make things happen. There is a method to his madness and you will be so grateful you did.
He knew me, knew my name, always knew my history and made me feel confident in him, his team and the decisions in my care.
I suffer from inflammatory issues, immune issues and severe respiratory disease. His treatment was specifically tailored to me. I was on vitamins and supplements that had me feeling the best I had felt in years. I had great communications if there were any developments or changes in me or the way I was feeling. I was on an anti-inflammatory course to help settle my body down and see if I could get my follicles to develop.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVF Phoenix.
Educated, alert, compassionate, available.
Describe your experience with IVF Phoenix.
Never saw a weakness. Education is evident in the ENTIRE staff. Compassion and empathy are present as well. They knew my name when I arrived. Not many offices do. They were personable, friendly and always had a smile on their faces
Our costs were off set by some insurance coverage. We paid copays and then additional monies for "non-covered" medications and services. Our first round of injectables was about $1500.00 and I would say we spent about $7000.00 over the course of my treatment.

Treated 2015 - 2017
Dr. Couvaras is so enthusiastic about the field and the innovations out there - this was inspiring for someone in my position facing DOR. He was knowledgeable, careful, compassionate and thorough. The procedures went smoothly and were painless....Dr. Couvaras expressed the importance of ovulation suppression while I took care of other immunology and health issues. I was facing severe depression, and this prohibited progress on my case due to some health markers
Strengths are clinical expertise, affordability, and flexibility with scheduling. Weaknesses include patient/detail volume management and providing more published/structured whole-person wellness strategies for families going through infertility.... The nursing staff at IVF Phoenix are very knowledgeable and helpful. I believe the office was experiencing a high-growth phase, and there were staffing limitations. I'm sensitive to people who are overwhelmed or who may be juggling many things
How was your experience with John Couvaras at IVF Phoenix?
Dr. Couvaras is so enthusiastic about the field and the innovations out there - this was inspiring for someone in my position facing DOR. He was knowledgeable, careful, compassionate and thorough. The procedures went smoothly and were painless. I appreciated all that he has done to expand his practice.
Ask for clear instructions in writing all the time, don't be afraid to call and ask for clarification when needed. There's too much on the line.
I loved the personal attention I got from Dr. Couvaras, my cycle coordinator, and everyone in the office. I answered neutral to this due to the frustration of not understanding the full picture in language I understood, and getting two different stories on two different occasions about my prescription dosage/orders. It was confusing, frustrating, and I'll never know if my pregnancy outcome would have been different if I'd had more clear instructions.
Dr. Couvaras expressed the importance of ovulation suppression while I took care of other immunology and health issues. I was facing severe depression, and this prohibited progress on my case due to some health markers that would not go up. I was on Lovenox for 18 months, estrace, and supplemented with Vitamin D, EPA, and DHEA.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Phoenix.
The nursing staff at IVF Phoenix are very knowledgeable and helpful. I believe the office was experiencing a high-growth phase, and there were staffing limitations. I'm sensitive to people who are overwhelmed or who may be juggling many things - especially when my tendency was to slow down to understand more about the processes and medications. Towards the end of my care, an online portal was rolled out, and I believe it was moving staff organization in the right direction.
Describe your experience with IVF Phoenix.
The egg retrieval and transfer were under $10K.
I only had one embryo to transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVF Phoenix.
One specific example is a verbal dosage recommendation from the doctor, and a different written dosage sent by the nurse. When I transferred clinics after moving across the country, my new/monitoring clinic stated they never got my medical records, and I did not hear from anyone asking for a confirmation that they were requested.

Treated 2017
Dr. Couvaras performed a whole battery of tests and determined that we were likely having repeated implantation failures. Dr. Couvaras takes a holistic and more non-traditional view of infertility... He started me on a protocol which addressed many issues including high histamine levels, issues in the methylation pathway, low vitamin D, and others, which may have been affecting my ability to implant. I went on a low histamine diet, began daily doses of heparin, and took various supplements and medications.
Everyone at IVF Phoenix is a pleasure to work with. Always friendly, helpful, and available...Dr. Couvaras and his staff were readily available and happy to answer all of our questions. We never felt like an inconvenience... I went on a low histamine diet, began daily doses of heparin, and took various supplements and medications.
How was your experience with John Couvaras at IVF Phoenix?
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Couvaras. Before seeing him, our infertility was not linked to any of the common problems (low sperm count or morphology, endometriosis, PCOS, etc.). My husband's analysis was normal, I seemed to be ovulating regularly, and had no obvious issues. I conceived once unassisted but miscarried early on. We then moved on to IUI and underwent 6 unsuccessful IUI treatments. When none of those treatments worked, we decided to consult with Dr. Couvaras. Dr. Couvaras performed a whole battery of tests and determined that we were likely having repeated implantation failures. Dr. Couvaras takes a holistic and more non-traditional view of infertility. I could only find a few doctors around the country who even address similar issues. He started me on a protocol which addressed many issues including high histamine levels, issues in the methylation pathway, low vitamin D, and others, which may have been affecting my ability to implant. I went on a low histamine diet, began daily doses of heparin, and took various supplements and medications. We completed the protocol in 7-8 months. On the second month after completing the protocol we conceived with the use of clomid and timed intercourse alone. I firmly believe that if we had gone to a different specialist, we would have been advised to proceed to IVF without further research. I also believe that since most doctors are not looking at the same immunological and metabolic processes that Dr. Couvaras addresses, that IVF would have been unsuccessful and we would have been left thinking that there were no other options. I am grateful that we ended up under his care and I am 28 weeks along right now thanks entirely up to his groundbreaking research in this field.
Sometimes the protocol doesn't make sense. Sometimes you cannot find a ton of backing for the protocol online. And many times, other specialists will brush off this type of treatment. But those specialists are wrong. Just stick with the protocol exactly, because it works.

Treated 2014 - 2015
Instead of using a cookie cutter, one size fits all approach, he customizes a treatment plan specific to the individual and does not insist on aggressive treatments like IVF from day one....From the first consulation, Dr Couvaras spent a lot of time reviewing my health history and creating a custom treatment plan. He uncovered several underlying health concerns and adjusted my treatment accordingly.
The staff [at IVF Phoenix] was good but could be better. Dr C and his wife are fantastic. I felt at times the staff was not very patient with all my questions on dosing and were short with me during some of my visits. The nurse confused some important info in my chart and had difficulty getting my infusion done. She seemed to be in a hurry to get me out as soon as possible.
How was your experience with John Couvaras at IVF Phoenix?
From the first consulation, Dr Couvaras spent a lot of time reviewing my health history and creating a custom treatment plan. He uncovered several underlying health concerns and adjusted my treatment accordingly. I did not follow his exact protocol and as a result, we did not get pregnant on our first IUI. However, I committed to the protocol and meds and we were able to get pregnant on our own under his care.
I never went to any other fertility specialists. I spent a lot of time researching infertility doctors and wanted to see the best doctor in AZ. Dr Couvaras is an exceptional doctor that is able to identify underlying health issues that complicate and prevent women's ability to get pregnant. Instead of using a cookie cutter, one size fits all approach, he customizes a treatment plan specific to the individual and does not insist on aggressive treatments like IVF from day one.
Dr Couvaras created a customized treatment plan for us. He was very thorough during my evaluation and testing, and identifying all underlying health issues.
I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility and my husbands sperm was normal in count and morphology. He suspected a vasospasm issue; therefore, I wasn't getting proper blood flow to my reproductive organs. I was started on supplementation for that, as well as low-dose lovenox injections twice daily. He suspected activated NK cells and had me do IVIL infusions prior to my medicated IUI. I had low growth hormone levels, so supplementation was added to my therapy. Dr. Couvaras also had me on a strict diet and exercise routine. I also tested positive for some viral and immunological issues, and as put on an antiviral therapy. Due to my age (over 35) my drug treatment protocol was aggressive. I took growth hormone injections, clomid, FSH and then a trigger shot. After the IUI I was on progesterone supplements. The first IUI did not work. The second cycle I cancelled half way through due to a job change. We decided to try Dr Couvaras antiviral protocol, strict diet and exercise, and consistency with vitamins, arginine, and lovenox injections for 3 months and I got pregnant on my own. I strongly believe I would not have been able to get pregnant on my own without his guidance and protocol.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVF Phoenix.
The staff was good but could be better. Dr C and his wife are fantastic. I felt at times the staff was not very patient with all my questions on dosing and were short with me during some of my visits. The nurse confused some important info in my chart and had difficulty getting my infusion done. She seemed to be in a hurry to get me out as soon as possible.
Describe your experience with IVF Phoenix.
Fantastic, personalized attention that is untraditional and outside the box in terms of identifying and treating a patients underlying conditions, so that they can get pregnant on their own.
Everything was covered under my insurance until I was diagnosed with infertility. Then almost everything was cash pay until we got pregnant
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVF Phoenix.
Just a few minor issues. I wanted to give the nurse a copy of a blood test that showed I tested positive for MTHFR. She confused it with a different blood test and told me I would just need to have an injection for Rh factor to correct this. I had to tell her twice that we weren't talking about the same thing and that I would prefer Dr. Couvaras to see the results and not to just put them in the back of my chart. During my IVIL infusion, she started my IVIF in my wrist area and ran lipids at a very high speed. I got phlebitis as a result. She said they needed to complete the infusion quickly or I would need to be there all day. It felt very rushed. The other girls could sometimes get frustrated and short with me when I had a lot of questions about my dosing and treatment plan.
Treated 2013 - 2015
Dr. Couvaras and Rhoda his wife are very involved....Amazing doctor, he identified the shortcomings in my body that other fertility endcrinokogista never found after years of working with other fertility doctors. His immune balancing protocol helped me conceive my first and seemed to help trigger something within my body that helped me become pregnant with my second child, even though I wasn't under his care for the second child.
How was your experience with John Couvaras at IVF Phoenix?
Amazing doctor, he identified the shortcomings in my body that other fertility endcrinokogista never found after years of working with other fertility doctors. His immune balancing protocol helped me conceive my first and seemed to help trigger something within my body that helped me become pregnant with my second child, even though I wasn't under his care for the second child. Both pregnancies he followed me through my first trimester and put me on a special protocol since my condition makes me more likely to conceive. My daughter is extremely healthy, and with my second pregnancy and being over 35, everything looks great and I will be delivering soon.
Just see him!!! Follow the protocol, he will talk about things you have never heard of in the infertility community...but trust him, he really knows his stuff.
Dr. Couvaras and Rhoda his wife are very involved. They both took time to listen to my concerns throughout the process. They were also very good at explaining everything and following up. Dr. Couvaras is definitely a doctor with compassion that takes interest in his patients.
The immune balancing protocol that was tailored to my body, I followed it and found out I was pregnant immediately after following the protocol for two months. (Spontaneous pregnancy, we weren't even trying and were about to do an IUI when I discovered I was actually pregnant.). With the second child I followed his immune balancing protocol for several month but did not get pregnant. While on a fertility break but still following most of his recommendations I became pregnant.
Describe your experience with IVF Phoenix.
Amazing clinic! Can't recommend it enough. Compassionate doctor who truly knows infertility and how to tailor his program to each patient. I never felt like I was a number while going there.

Treated 2017 - 2018
Always saw and spoke with the doctor [Dr. Couvaras]....He used vaginal birth control to suppress ovaries and then vaginal estrace to build lining.. added IM progesterone and suppositories for the 6 days before transfer and then again after. We did one intralipid transfusion before the transfer as well and several months “clean up” with immunosuppressants and antivirals before we started.
Small office [IVF Phoenix - Scottsdale] and you learn the staffs names...They were nice. Did not spend a lot of time with them [nurses] as you typically see the doctor...Costs were straightforward and you knew about them in advance. They charged my regular copay for a 10 minute phone call which was the only thing I disagreed with.
How was your experience with John Couvaras at IVF Phoenix?
He is overly sensitive and got upset I went to a second opinion elsewhere. But he spent a lot of time with us at each visit and explained things completely. He answered all of our questions and drew diagrams of what he was trying to explain.
Don’t be surprised if your diagnosis changes. I was UN-diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve.
Always saw and spoke with the doctor. The office staff knows your name and is willing to talk to you.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVF Phoenix.
They were nice. Did not spend a lot of time with them as you typically see the doctor.
Describe your experience with IVF Phoenix.
Small office and you learn the staffs names. I think he puts every patient on heparin daily so don’t be surprised if you get it too. This office will assess issues no one else will and is closest to seeing a reproductive immunologist.
FET was 3500 for the cycle. Costs were straightforward and you knew about them in advance. They charged my regular copay for a 10 minute phone call which was the only thing I disagreed with.

Treated 2015
He [Dr. Couvaras] is cutting edge as far as new, sometimes experimental treatment and just really being comprehensive, looking at things quite holistically. He found I was battling with an immune deficiency and helped me get my health and energy back. That alone made him worth it. Still, somewhat experimental I felt in some areas...After getting my immune system back to normal he worked on raising my tnf alpha levels. Used things like specific exercise goals, heparin, fish oil, couldn't tell you what else. Got my numbers to where we tried a round of IUI but didn't work.
It [IVF Pheonix] is higher end, clean, with a nice modern interior. Large number of staff, big place both in Scottsdale and Gilbert...It's a big office, lots of patients, not sure that anyone is remembered. Warm and fuzzy staff? eh. Not bad, not awesome!... If you are uncomfortable with unconventional approaches and want to stick with only more tried and true methods, or are just starting your journey then others may be better to start with...Pretty high end [cost of treatment]
How was your experience with John Couvaras at IVF Phoenix?
He is cutting edge as far as new, sometimes experimental treatment and just really being comprehensive, looking at things quite holistically. He found I was battling with an immune deficiency and helped me get my health and energy back. That alone made him worth it. Still, somewhat experimental I felt in some areas. That could be exactly what someone needs, but he is pricey!
If you have unexplained infertility he's probably the best to go to. He is considered one of the nation's best for a reason. If you are uncomfortable with unconventional approaches and want to stick with only more tried and true methods, or are just starting your journey then others may be better to start with.
Somewhere in between. He is good, and most of the time we felt fine with the Doctor himself, just sometimes felt like, I don't know. It's a big office, lots of patients, not sure that anyone is remembered. Warm and fuzzy staff? eh. Not bad, not awesome!
After getting my immune system back to normal he worked on raising my tnf alpha levels. Used things like specific exercise goals, heparin, fish oil, couldn't tell you what else. Got my numbers to where we tried a round of IUI but didn't work. Couldn't get tnf alpha back up again, and had dried up health savings acct so we switched to another recommended doctor.
Describe your experience with IVF Phoenix.
It is higher end, clean, with a nice modern interior. Large number of staff, big place both in Scottsdale and Gilbert.
Pretty high end

Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Couvaras is very knowledgable in the field of infertility. He looks at each person's case as their own and not just the norm. He explains his thinking and allows you to be apart of the decision making of your treatment...He will tend to use "big" medical terms but just ask him to explain and he will be more than willing to do so...daily heparin injections for MTHFR, intraplipid infusions every other week to help decrease natural killer cells
There is a lot of nursing staff members [at IVF Phoenix] and I was not assigned to one in particular. They are a busy clinic and the nurses wear that on their face. Making you sometimes feel like you are a burden...They take most insurance and will bill all services just incase...has two offices but are very accommodating in getting you into the office you prefer. Compared to the other clinics I have been to, they are the most up to date clinic with the top of the line equipment. The biggest weakness and worrisome I had is they can get busy and the staff wear it on their face. Sometimes making the appointment feel discouraging.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVF Phoenix.
There is a lot of nursing staff members and I was not assigned to one in particular. They are a busy clinic and the nurses wear that on their face. Making you sometimes feel like you are a burden.
Describe your experience with IVF Phoenix.
IVF Phoenix has two offices but are very accommodating in getting you into the office you prefer. Compared to the other clinics I have been to, they are the most up to date clinic with the top of the line equipment. The biggest weakness and worrisome I had is they can get busy and the staff wear it on their face. Sometimes making the appointment feel discouraging.
They take most insurance and will bill all services just incase.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr [John Couvaras] told me I have a clotting disorder and I am to scary to carry and I can put myself at risk. He said I can make beautiful embryos but I just can’t carry. I get blood clots and I have a clotting disorder that could end in death and he will not put me through it. We have to seek surrogacy.... Dr Couvarus told me everything and did not cut corners! He has been the only doctor not to just take money from me and say see you next time. He cares. He studies your body to find out what is going on!
The clinic [IVF Pheonix] is very knowledgeable! They are helpful in all the doctors protocols. If you have any questions they will find out right away! They do not have weaknesses! They are a great team! This doctor has a wonderful staff! His wife is amazing as well! I let them know when I would fly in and they got me in right away!... He will do a single transfer only on my surrogate.... Dr told me I have a clotting disorder and I am to scary to carry and I can put myself at risk. He said I can make beautiful embryos but I just can’t carry. I get blood clots and I have a clotting disorder that could end in death and he will not put me through it. We have to seek surrogacy.
How was your experience with John Couvaras at IVF Phoenix?
Listen and do what he says
Dr takes the time to call me and talk about me. He is very caring and really knows the field! Has a heart bigger then this world! I’m from Indiana and seeking treatment in Az.
Kind and helpful
Describe your experience with IVF Phoenix.
The clinic is very knowledgeable! They are helpful in all the doctors protocols. If you have any questions they will find out right away! They do not have weaknesses! They are a great team! This doctor has a wonderful staff! His wife is amazing as well! I let them know when I would fly in and they got me in right away!
So far not to bad. Consults are expensive and surrogate will be expensive as well as a transfer
He will do a single transfer only on my surrogate
Scottsdale

He [Dr. Couvaras] made many lifestyle changes to get me to have a 28-29 day cycle every month...We just did an iui with femara and Hgh and heparin...He looked at my total history. Diagnosed me and tried lifestyle changes before meds. I like everything about his way of treatment. If I can just get pregnant again, I do feel he will get me to carry full term...Each month they chart and tried to modify my treatment for the best possible outcome.
[The nursing staff at IVF Phoenix is] Cold and unorganized...I get told different prices for stuff. Told to buy trigger shot, then I never used it. They let me leave w/o medication. I then needed to drive back to get it a half hour one way and 45 mins the other way...the nurses are not organized and every time you call and speak to a different nurse you get a different answer...Each month they chart and tried to modify my treatment for the best possible outcome.
Just trust in his ways.
He made many lifestyle changes to get me to have a 28-29 day cycle every month. We did timed intercourse and haven’t got pregnant yet in her care. We just did an iui with femara and Hgh and heparin. I test in 2 days. We will see. This is our last try with anything as we can’t afford anything else.
Cold and unorganized.
Describe your experience with IVF Phoenix.
He seems to get really good results. I only wish I had found him 3 years ago and didn’t waste my money on other worthless doctors. They are weeks b/c the nurses are not organized and every time you call and speak to a different nurse you get a different answer.
Meds were expensive. He office visits were reasonable and covered by insurance.
Scottsdale
I’ve felt he [Dr. Couvaras] has looked at me as an individual, not as a standard group that most drs look at.... I love that he has gone above and beyond to dig deeper than any other dr I have seen, to find out the reason my body won’t sustain a pregnancy. He has me on my own individual protocol that is specifically for my body based on blood work... So far he has had me on many different vitamins and supplements to treat viruses and inflammation in my body. My blood work has improved quite a bit in just a few short mo the but he is still researching to figure out how to get it to it’s best before pregnancy!
They [IVF Phoenix] are great because they will do more than just the standard testing you get done at other offices. They are very helpful at laying everything out and walking you through the process that can be overwhelming and confusing....I’ve had great experiences with the staff. They’ve sat with me and explained every medication and future plans to a full understanding... So far he [Dr. Couvaras] has had me on many different vitamins and supplements to treat viruses and inflammation in my body. My blood work has improved quite a bit in just a few short
How was your experience with John Couvaras at IVF Phoenix?
He will look at you as an individual and come up with a very specific plan.
I’ve felt he has looked at me as an individual, not as a standard group that most drs look at.
Describe your experience with IVF Phoenix.
They are great because they will do more than just the standard testing you get done at other offices. They are very helpful at laying everything out and walking you through the process that can be overwhelming and confusing.
Mesa
He [Dr. Couvaras] really explains things to you so that you understand. He made me feel at ease and so much better about switching over from another clinic. He gives you a flowsheet each time you have a visit, so you always know what to expect or what the next step is....I am taking supplements and started Heparin injections. I was on Clomid for 5 days and am now in the process of getting ultrasounds done to check my follicles and bloodwork. We are planning for our IUI next week.
The clinic [IVF Phoenix] is really good at communicating. They are always there for you whenever you have a question. I feel very confident in having switched over from another clinic. I feel much more at ease and feel as though there is a plan in place.... The nursing staff is always available either by phone, text, ke the patient portal. They have always been nice and helpful in anything that I needed or any questions that I have had.
How was your experience with John Couvaras at IVF Phoenix?
He really explains things to you so that you understand. He made me feel at ease and so much better about switching over from another clinic. He gives you a flowsheet each time you have a visit, so you always know what to expect or what the next step is.
Follow the plan set forth by him!
He really looks at you as a person, in order to develop an individualized plan to meet your needs.
Describe your experience with IVF Phoenix.
The clinic is really good at communicating. They are always there for you whenever you have a question. I feel very confident in having switched over from another clinic. I feel much more at ease and feel as though there is a plan in place.
Unfortunately my insurance is not covering anything so we are all put of pocket cash pay.
Treated 2014 - 2016
Dr. Couvaras had me taking DHEA and Estrace in an attempt to help my ovarian reserve since I have diminished ovarian reserve....I feel like Dr. Couvaras was a great doctor. He was always upfront about the reality of the situation and his expectations. He was willing to think outside the box and try approaches that no other fertility doctor would look at.
IVF Phoenix is a great fertility clinic! They were kind, compassionate, caring and always honest. I like that Dr. Couvaras was willing to think outside the box for treatment and I liked that he was able to take the time to explain my condition in a way that I could understand and relate to.... From what I can recall the nursing staff was extremely helpful and also very compassionate.
How was your experience with John Couvaras at IVF Phoenix?
Dr. Couvaras is very honest and will explore all possible causes of infertility, including immunological issues.
I felt that Dr. Couvaras really took the time to explain my particular fertility issue and explained everything thoroughly. I felt like he had a very caring bedside manner and was willing to think outside the box for my particular situation.