6.9

John Crochet works in 1 office at

Houston
7400 Fannin St
Houston, TX 77054

All I was told [by Dr. John Crochet] was that my tubes needed to be completely removed. I had to get an HSG done and then I was diagnosed with Hydrosalphinx in both tubes. In order for me to have children, I would then need to do the process of IVF...I just felt like I wasn’t being taken very seriously. That because of my age, that it shouldn’t be something to worry about at that moment...First it was my uterus shape that would be a problem then it changed to it wouldn’t be but my tubes were going to be a problem. I just wasn’t sure what I was going to be told next.
They [staff at CORM] told me the wrong time when to take the pain medicine for the HSG procedure. I was told one thing then another happened. I felt the entire process and was feeling the medicine later when I didn’t need it anymore. It honestly has traumatized me...Communication is a weakness. They were very nice, very friendly and helpful but after my HSG experience, I’d never go back. I’m glad that when I did have a question when I wasn’t there, I was able to get a hold of the doctor and I received a call back.
How was your experience with John Crochet at Shady Grove Fertility Houston (formerly CORM)?
He was a good doctor, however, I didn’t feel like I was being taken seriously. All I was told was bad new every time I went in. First it was my uterus shape that would be a problem then it changed to it wouldn’t be but my tubes were going to be a problem. I just wasn’t sure what I was going to be told next.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Crochet at Shady Grove Fertility Houston (formerly CORM)?
Do your research, ask questions to get a better understanding.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Crochet at Shady Grove Fertility Houston (formerly CORM)?
Describe the protocols John Crochet used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Houston (formerly CORM) and their degree of success.
All I was told was that my tubes needed to be completely removed. I had to get an HSG done and then I was diagnosed with Hydrosalphinx in both tubes. In order for me to have children, I would then need to do the process of IVF.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Shady Grove Fertility Houston (formerly CORM).
The most thing that I was upset with, was the timing on when to take the pain medicine for before the HSG. I was told by one nurse to take it when I got there and that after 10-15 minutes when it has kicked in, then they’d be doing the procedure. That is not at all that happened. I took it when I arrived and literally right after, they took me to the back and got me on the table. I felt everything. It was the worst pain I’d ever felt. It wasn’t till 15 minutes after the procedure was done, that the medicine kicked in. Somewhere along the way, their communication was messed up.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Houston (formerly CORM).
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Crochet at Shady Grove Fertility Houston (formerly CORM).
I spent at least $1000 just on 4 visits. But I didn’t have insurance.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Houston (formerly CORM)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Houston (formerly CORM).
They told me the wrong time when to take the pain medicine for the HSG procedure. I was told one thing then another happened. I felt the entire process and was feeling the medicine later when I didn’t need it anymore. It honestly has traumatized me.
John Crochet
Webster
IUI With Other Docs
Dr. Crochet recommended a HSG to see if there were any blockages since all my bloodwork showed normal...It wasn't a personal conversation. I actually cried during my consultation and he wasn't very comforting... During the hsg, he explained exactly what was going on and made me comfortable. I was able to see the procedure on an xray machine (which was cool). The diagnosis of unexplained infertility was a bit devastating and left me hopeless and I didn't really feel like I had many options.
[CORM- Beaumont was] Clean and well organized. Blood work and ultrasound was taken at clinic...Scheduling was easy and got good reminders. Easy to find location. HSG was very easy and quick. I had to go back to discuss the results which I felt was unnecessary since the HSG was normal...[nurses were] Overall helpful and informative. Not too personal, but friendly...When I went to another doctor, it took several calls to get my information to be sent over.
I was very straight forward that I wanted a consultation for what my first doctor suggested. He gave me a satisfactory recommendation, which was to have a hsg to see the outcome before anything else. During the hsg, he explained exactly what was going on and made me comfortable. I was able to see the procedure on an xray machine (which was cool). The diagnosis of unexplained infertility was a bit devastating and left me hopeless and I didn't really feel like I had many options. I didn't understand if everything was fine then why I couldn't get pregnant. Although I might have expected a lot from Dr. Crochet, he didn't really help me understand how infertility treatments could work with me. A friend actually recommended this clinic, but another doctor.
Have all your history written down because he doesn't ask a lot of questions.
It wasn't a personal conversation. I actually cried during my consultation and he wasn't very comforting. He did help explain why the surgery my first doctor was unnecessary.
Dr. Crochet recommended a HSG to see if there were any blockages since all my bloodwork showed normal. I did no fertility treatments with this clinic.
Overall helpful and informative. Not too personal, but friendly.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Houston (formerly CORM).
Clean and well organized. Blood work and ultrasound was taken at clinic. Clinic is just an hour away from my house. Scheduling was easy and got good reminders. Easy to find location. HSG was very easy and quick. I had to go back to discuss the results which I felt was unnecessary since the HSG was normal.
Office visits, ultrasound and HSG was not covered by insurance.
John Crochet