9.7

John Crochet works in 1 office at

Houston
7400 Fannin St
Houston, TX 77054

I do feel as though he’s [Dr. John Crochet] taking his time and putting my health at the top priority. I feel like he is a great communicator and doctor. I’ve only had one IUI so far and I do wish he would’ve done it instead of a nurse...Don’t be afraid to ask questions. He’s always been happy to answer any...they know me as soon as I come in for testing. They know my situation is unique and they know it has to be very precise.
I think they [CORM clinic] are very organized and they try to make you feel comfortable. They will answer any and all questions you have even if they have to check with the doctor and call you back. The only thing I didn’t like was when I did my IUI, I had to go to the Houston location (2 hours from us)...[the nursing staff] They are always aware of my situation, my monitoring and my testing. They recognize me and they make me feel very comfortable.
How was your experience with John Crochet at Shady Grove Fertility Houston (formerly CORM)?
I do feel as though he’s taking his time and putting my health at the top priority. I feel like he is a great communicator and doctor. I’ve only had one IUI so far and I do wish he would’ve done it instead of a nurse.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Crochet at Shady Grove Fertility Houston (formerly CORM)?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. He’s always been happy to answer any.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Crochet at Shady Grove Fertility Houston (formerly CORM)?
I felt like a human, because they know me as soon as I come in for testing. They know my situation is unique and they know it has to be very precise.
Describe the protocols John Crochet used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Houston (formerly CORM) and their degree of success.
My first attempt at IUI, we did 2.5mg of Letrozole for 5 days. Then we did 75iu of Menopur over the course of 4-5 days while they monitored me. My follicles never really grew and I ended up ovulating early so we missed that cycle. My actual first IUI: We did 5 days of 7.5mg of Letrozole and on my first monitoring visit, I had a follicle at 19.8 Wednesday. I triggered at 9:30pm on Friday and we did the IUI procedure on Sunday at around 9:30-10am. This IUI failed. We are waiting for the clinic to open back up and either continue with another round of IUI or switch to IVF because of my unicornuate uterus.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Shady Grove Fertility Houston (formerly CORM).
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Houston (formerly CORM).
I think they are very organized and they try to make you feel comfortable. They will answer any and all questions you have even if they have to check with the doctor and call you back. The only thing I didn’t like was when I did my IUI, I had to go to the Houston location (2 hours from us).
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Crochet at Shady Grove Fertility Houston (formerly CORM).
For (I believe 6) monitoring visits: $1,275 The IUI: $400
Beaumont

2020, Unknown Success
Investor
Dr. Crochet was really helpful with helping me manage my husband. I let him know that my husband could be a bit non-compliant when it came to taking meds and supplements. He also answered all of our questions, and was very thorough with my work up. He did everything he could to make sure we could do minimal treatments, but we ultimately chose IVF.
The clinics policy is to only transfer 1 embryo, I think they will allow 2 with untested embryos after multiple failed transfers...Nursing staff were great! They were also friendly, quick, and efficient so I could get on with my day...I think CORM is great at getting people in and out for their appointments. There doesn’t seem to be much communication between the clinical staff and financial staff. I had several problems with the funicular side of things, so definitely stay on top of things, especially if you’re using insurance.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions and do some research on your own so you know what you’re getting yourself into.
Dr. Crochet really took the time to get to know my husband and I. He listened to our concerns and answered all of our questions.
For egg retrieval, I was on birth control for 3 weeks, then started Cetrotide, Gonal-f, micro-dose ovidrel, and I triggered with Lupron. I had 20+ follicles in each ovary, and this protocol help grow and mature as many eggs as possible, without putting me at an increased risk of OHSS. For transfer, I was on letrozole, Gonal-f, prednisone, triggered with ovidrel, then 2 additional mini doses of ovidrel, estrace, and endometrin.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Houston (formerly CORM). (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Houston (formerly CORM).
I’m still waiting for that to be finalized, but I used insurance. I believe without insurance ER is $3900 + meds and monitoring and transfer is $1100 + meds and monitoring.
Describe John Crochet's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility Houston (formerly CORM).
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Houston (formerly CORM)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Houston (formerly CORM).
I have had appointments cancelled on me with no notice or even a phone call, I had several issues with the billing department (overcharging me, refusing to return my money, waiting months to submit claims to insurance), my financial counselor didn’t call for pre-approval for my ER until I asked about it 2 days before my ER, then we came to an agreement that I would only pay after my insurance has paid but the reception desk was still instructed to collect payment from me.
Houston

2015 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Crotchet is a great doctor. I wish that you were able to speak with him more directly without going through his nurses for most communication.... He also did not perform our egg retrieval like we were lead to believe so that was frustrating....He has performed all my surgeries and has always been kind and informative to my husband and I. I was nervous having a male doctor but he has always treated me with respect and having a male doctor made him more relatable to my husband. He is a good doctor.
The doctors are their strength and some of the nurse team [at CORM]. The communication method feels cold at times and you can’t ever speak directly to your doctor unless you have a specific appointment with them. It makes it harder dealing with a middle man, and sometimes you just want to hear things from your doctor. Most of the staff is very compassionate and friendly...The FET nurse coordinator Beth is very caring and informative. The IVF coordinating nurse was not my favorite nurse there.
Dr. Crotchet is a great doctor. I wish that you were able to speak with him more directly without going through his nurses for most communication. As this often lead to more confusion due to there being a middle man. He also did not perform our egg retrieval like we were lead to believe so that was frustrating. But another doctor in the office did and was just as good. He has performed all my surgeries and has always been kind and informative to my husband and I. I was nervous having a male doctor but he has always treated me with respect and having a male doctor made him more relatable to my husband. He is a good doctor.
He is a great doctor but be patient with his offices processes of communication, they can be frustrating.
Because he explained things to my husband and I in a compassionate and understandjng way.
The FET nurse coordinator Beth is very caring and informative. The IVF coordinating nurse was not my favorite nurse there. She lacked compassion and empathy towards me.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Houston (formerly CORM).
The doctors are their strength and some of the nurse team. The communication method feels cold at times and you can’t ever speak directly to your doctor unless you have a specific appointment with them. It makes it harder dealing with a middle man, and sometimes you just want to hear things from your doctor. Most of the staff is very compassionate and friendly.
Webster
Dr. Crochet is very kind and very real with the chances we had with ivf. He preformed both my egg retrieval and my transfer. I would highly recommend him he was very proactive with my treatment and adjusted dosing as he saw needed...If you want to see him face to face more request it. He is more than willjng to meet with you and answer questions you have other wise you are working with the nurses more
The nursing staff [at CORM] was amazing they performed all blood draws and reviewed my next steps with me after every visit. Due to work I was always the first visit of the day and my Dr. may have been in a procedure so they said once he reviewed results they would call me as promised I would receive a call the same afternoon and would answer any and all questions that I had...The clinic is very strong in communication with you. They are so compassionate about the work they do. They definitely spend time on your individual protocol and adjust quickly as necessary to give you the hight chance of success
The nursing staff was amazing they performed all blood draws and reviewed my next steps with me after every visit. Due to work I was always the first visit of the day and my Dr. may have been in a procedure so they said once he reviewed results they would call me as promised I would receive a call the same afternoon and would answer any and all questions that I had.
Webster
Dr Crochet is great and explains the process and answers all my questions...Excellent communication and explanation regarding scientific stuff and always patient to answer all my questions. Showed compassion with setbacks... both frustration with office issues and after ectopic....We used letrozole for 5 days then 3 days of menopure (2 vials each day) due to follicular response. Trigger shot 36 hours before IUI. I have PCOS and don't ovulate on my own.
Office staff [at CORM] is not so great, however... not giving me a cycle schedule or Rx on my first IUI cycle until I protested in the office. Also nearly missed first IUI due to office not having my husband's bloodworm...Don't let them tell you "someone will call you" after on cycle day 1-3 bloodwork. Insist on getting a cycle schedule/plan and prescriptions for cycle then and there. Also be Watch the billing; there's an issue with in vs out of network billing where they've used the wrong tax ID (at least with United Healthcare)
Dr Crochet is great and explains the process and answers all my questions. Office staff is not so great, however... not giving me a cycle schedule or Rx on my first IUI cycle until I protested in the office. Also nearly missed first IUI due to office not having my husband's bloodworm.
We used letrozole for 5 days then 3 days of menopure (2 vials each day) due to follicular response. Trigger shot 36 hours before IUI. I have PCOS and don't ovulate on my own. I got pregnant, but it was ectopic.
No experience
John Crochet
He [Dr. Crochet] explains clearly in a manner so that I can understand the treatment. He came across as very compassionate, and treated me as my own case. He looked over all of my previous history so that he could come up with the best plan for me moving forward.... He clearly explained the plan we’re going to take before starting ivf treatment.... The doctors will give you their cell if a serious matter is going on.
They [CORM- Wesbster] are great. They know me by name. Usually there is never much of a wait. The doctors will give you their cell if a serious matter is going on. So it does seem they care.Some of the nurses however seem to not know what is going on. Also, I wish financial would be more up front as apposed to receiving bills as an afterthought.... One time a prescription was not called in.
He explains clearly in a manner so that I can understand the treatment. He came across as very compassionate, and treated me as my own case. He looked over all of my previous history so that he could come up with the best plan for me moving forward.
He makes sure you understand what is going on and will clearly communicate with you.
The nurses kept in constant contact with me and let me know what to expect next.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Houston (formerly CORM).
They are great. They know me by name. Usually there is never much of a wait. The doctors will give you their cell if a serious matter is going on. So it does seem they care.Some of the nurses however seem to not know what is going on. Also, I wish financial would be more up front as apposed to receiving bills as an afterthought.
I do not remember
One time a prescription was not called in.