9.8

Rated

address unknown
city, ON 00000
000-000-0000

Dr. Gordon was very warm and understanding during the process, but provided us with a frank assessment of our situation and potential courses of action.... Dr. Gordon is an excellent fit who will show empathy to those who need it. Our process was particularly difficult because my partner and I had experienced a stillbirth following difficulties becoming pregnant. Dr. Gordon did not shy away from referencing our history and showed sympathy for our situation in addition to factoring it into our treatment.
The clinic [Dominion Fertility] is very clean and well-organized. The staff is very professional and they have a nice large waiting room. It is a comfortable place to receive treatment. They have available clinic hours for weekend visits to obtain certain treatments or tests. The place seems well-run and we have never had to wait too long to be seen. Sometimes there has been no wait at all. Scheduling appointments has been easy and hassle-free.
How was your experience with John David Gordon at Dominion Fertility?
Dr. Gordon has been very helpful and understanding for us throughout the process, and I have trusted the medical advice he has provided and the course of treatments he has recommended. He has been supportive and has given us good advice that enabled us to make an informed decision in deciding whether to continue with IUI treatments or to move on to more aggressive treatment measures, such as IVF.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John David Gordon at Dominion Fertility?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John David Gordon at Dominion Fertility?
Describe the protocols John David Gordon used in your cycles at Dominion Fertility and their degree of success.
Dr. Gordon recommended a 3 month course of IUI given that we had solid and healthy fertility factors for our age (I'm 38 and my partner is 37). After that was not successful, he allowed us to make an informed decision as to whether to pursue more aggressive (and more expensive options). I appreciate that I did not feel any pressure from him to pursue the more aggressive option. He presented the options and let us make the decision.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Dominion Fertility.
The nursing staff was very prepared and professional at all times. They were helpful in answering questions they were able to answer, and telling us which questions should be directed to the doctor.
Describe your experience with Dominion Fertility.
The clinic is very clean and well-organized. The staff is very professional and they have a nice large waiting room. It is a comfortable place to receive treatment. They have available clinic hours for weekend visits to obtain certain treatments or tests. The place seems well-run and we have never had to wait too long to be seen. Sometimes there has been no wait at all. Scheduling appointments has been easy and hassle-free.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John David Gordon at Dominion Fertility.
It was a few hundred dollars for our first few rounds of IUI. We are considering options for IVF that range from about $16,000 to $26,000.
Arlington

Dr. Gordon always cared about me and answered every question I have with a lot of patience....Dr. Gordon seems to be a good professional and a very nice person. He is patient and willing to help you throughout the entire process. I was lucky that my egg retrievals were during the week so he was able to do them. If the egg retrievals had been during a weekend when he was not working, another doctor would have done them. I don't like that. Fortunately, I was lucky.
The clinic [Dominion] is well organized and everybody is very polite. The team of nurses are very skilled and nice. Everybody seems ready to help you and answer your questions. It is not difficult to get an appointment with your doctor; however, doctors don't provide you their emails. If you have questions, you have to contact the nurses. When you call the nurses, you always have to leave a message and then they will call you back. I would prefer that they pick up the calls. I used to get nervous that I would miss their calls and then I would have to leave another message and wait for their call again.
How was your experience with John David Gordon at Dominion Fertility?
Get informed about the process and ask as many questions as you can.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dominion Fertility.
The nurse always answered my emails the same day. It was more difficult to reach on the phone.
Describe your experience with Dominion Fertility.
The clinic is well organized and everybody is very polite. The team of nurses are very skilled and nice. Everybody seems ready to help you and answer your questions. It is not difficult to get an appointment with your doctor; however, doctors don't provide you their emails. If you have questions, you have to contact the nurses. When you call the nurses, you always have to leave a message and then they will call you back. I would prefer that they pick up the calls. I used to get nervous that I would miss their calls and then I would have to leave another message and wait for their call again.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Dominion Fertility.
The monitoring is "first come, first served". The monitoring hours start early and end at 9AM. I think the time frame is very convenient.
2014 - 2017, Successful
Dr. Gordon has had to delivery both good and bad news to us over the last few years. He has celebrated with us in the good moments and has been very supportive when our results haven't been what we wanted. It's all felt like a very human experience...Dr. Gordon is definitely a character and has a big personality. He can be blunt and very matter of fact. That doesn't bother me but any potential patients should know that as if you need a kinder touch, he may not be the right fit.
It [Dominion Fertility] is well organized, well run, and easy to work with. Our experience was nothing but positive...It was expensive but the finance department was great about reaching out proactively to discuss upcoming treatments...Best best best nursing staff around. Friendly, caring, gentle...Dr. Gordon is definitely a character and has a big personality. He can be blunt and very matter of fact. That doesn't bother me but any potential patients should know that as if you need a kinder touch, he may not be the right fit.
How was your experience with John David Gordon at Dominion Fertility?
Dr. Gordon is definitely a character and has a big personality. He can be blunt and very matter of fact. That doesn't bother me but any potential patients should know that as if you need a kinder touch, he may not be the right fit. He's lovely and very kind, he just often says what needs to be said. Most importantly, I found Dr. Gordon very good about recommending to us a wide variety of options for treatment. He might suggest how we proceed, but he was always very clear about our options and totally open to our preference. He also often references research and what medical studies say about increased rates of success (for example, recommending endometrial biopsy in order to increase the chance of successful subsequent FETs) which we liked a lot. Made us feel like we were dealing with a true professional.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Dominion Fertility.
Best best best nursing staff around. Friendly, caring, gentle.
Describe your experience with Dominion Fertility.
It is well organized, well run, and easy to work with. Our experience was nothing but positive.
Quick and convenient.
Our insurance covered a great deal of the costs (minus the medications unfortunately). It was expensive but the finance department was great about reaching out proactively to discuss upcoming treatments.

2018 - 2019, Consult
The nurses [at Dominion Fertility] were super friendly and worked to make sure we understood every next step...A lot of the testing is done off site and there are a lot of steps. There’s a lot of information to remember and they give you a packet, but more follow ups would be helpful...Dr. Gordon seemed really busy and we felt ever so slightly rushed through our first appointment but only because we had so many questions. I didn’t like that he seemed to have a “default method” that would have required useless sperm testing for my husband (confirmed by a second opinion from a urologist)...Ask all your questions while you have him in the room!...listened to our challenges and unique scenario as I am fertile but the issues lie with my husband.
How was your experience with John David Gordon at Dominion Fertility?
Ask all your questions while you have him in the room!
Dr. Gordon listened to our challenges and unique scenario as I am fertile but the issues lie with my husband.
TBD- haven’t begun full cycle
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Dominion Fertility.
The nurses were super friendly and worked to make sure we understood every next step
Describe your experience with Dominion Fertility.
Expensive and not covered by United health care insurance. A lot of the testing is done off site and there are a lot of steps. There’s a lot of information to remember and they give you a packet, but more follow ups would be helpful.
Still under treatment. Diagnostic tests alone were a couple hundred dollars I think
Describe John David Gordon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Dominion Fertility.
Na