Medical SchoolU. of Arizona
1725 East 1450 South
Clearfield, UT 84015
2435 West 450 South
Pleasant Grove, UT 84062
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend John Gililland to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Care Center to a friend?
He [Dr. John Gililland] validated my feelings and showed sympathy for this difficulty we are enduring. He used encouraging words and told me to not lose hope. It felt as though he really cared about my situation and that I wasn't just another patient.... He was extremely kind and polite. He was very soft spoken. He was very thorough when assessing me and my medical history.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
He was extremely kind and polite. He was very soft spoken. He was very thorough when assessing me and my medical history. When I first met him he was not what I expected though. He was typing very slowly, making lots of typos and needing to correct them. In the middle of our first appointment his cell phone rang and he answered it right in front of me. It just seemed strange. But overall I left feeling very comfortable and confident in his abilities and his care plan.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
Be upfront, and a little bit bold, about your expectations and what you want or need from him and his office. Ask lots of questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
He validated my feelings and showed sympathy for this difficulty we are enduring. He used encouraging words and told me to not lose hope. It felt as though he really cared about my situation and that I wasn't just another patient.
Describe the protocols John Gililland used in your cycles at Reproductive Care Center and their degree of success.
I have unexplained secondary Infertility but considering my age, my health, and medical history he didn't see any reason why we couldn't find success. He did a thorough ultrasound to examine my reproductive system and egg supply. He did a full blood panel to check for complications with thyroid, hormones, or other issues. He suspected my follicles weren't stimulating enough. He started me out on the lowest dose of Clomid, along with injections of Gonal-F to increase my follicle quality. Then we did ultrasounds after completion of medications to check for my body's response, and then did an HCG shot. My ovaries and follicles responded well, but we were never successful.
They were extremely kind. They were always gentle, had wonderful bedside manner, always explained exactly what they were doing and why. I didn't always know what the next step was and sometimes had to ask what needed to be done. Overall though they were very professional and competent while showing compassion and excellent quality care.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinic is wonderful. The atmosphere is calming and peaceful. The staff are wonderful and competent. They show excellent care. They use up to date equipment. They walk you through the financial aspect of treatments, they try to help you in every way to get the care you need.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center.
It cost us about $1,000 each cycle for medications and a complete IUI. A consultation with him was $50 in person, and $90 on the phone.
Describe John Gililland's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Care Center.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
I feel like Dr. Gililland is so nice that you can't help but to feel like an actual human when he talks with you each time you are there. He is so calming and has a friendly presence about him.... I don't see Dr. Gililland every time I go in, sometimes i just see a nurse. When i see a new person every time I go in I do start to feel like a number because no one remembers me. I feel I have to explain my situation each time I am in there.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
I know Dr. Gililland is very smart and has been doing this a long time. I feel like he follows his heart and his patients heart and does not just follow what he learned in a textbook step by step. I appreciate that he takes the time to listen to your concerns, however, there have been times when i have not felt "heard". After i had told an RE before him and then him that my pain and bleeding kept getting heavier and longer every cycle, it kind of got brushed aside since i've already done every test possible at that clinic without many answers. His suggestion was to move on to IUI. I followed his advice and did 2 IUIs unsuccessfully. I finally decided to talk to a regular OBGYN (not Dr. Gililland) at another clinic for ANOTHER opinion on my pain and bleeding and he suggested surgery, which he then performed, and found stage 4 endometriosis...so bad that my ovaries were completely covered and stuck to my uterine wall...finally, a much clearer answer to my problem! I can't fault Dr. Gililland completely, i was seeing a different RE for almost 2 years at the same clinic until he moved and my care was then transferred to Dr. Gililland, so i know Dr. Gililland was going off of the previous doctor's notes and hadn't done any of my tests himself except for one HSG when the other doctor was my doctor. That is a great story in and of itself: when Dr. Gililland was performing my HSG for the other doctor, he couldn't get the dye through one of my Fallopian tubes and suggested i have surgery to see if there is endometriosis. When my actual doctor at the time saw the images and heard what Dr. Gililland had to say he decided that he wanted me to do another HSG so he could perform it himself and when he did he said he pushed the dye through so hard that he think he cleared that tube of mine that previously looked blocked. At the time, i think i did fault Dr. Gililland a little bit because i didn't now him and thought he was just trying to get me to do an expensive unnecessary surgery when my doctor was able to get it unblocked (little did i or the doctors know that wasn't really the problem), but after going through what i've been through with that 3rd doctor (the OBGYN) i realize Dr. Gililland suspected endometriosis all along and had he been my actual doctor at the time i would've had surgery much sooner, had relief much sooner, and maybe even got pregnant back then. Like i said in the beginning, Dr. Gililland follows his best instincts and i appreciate his willingness to lead by those instincts.
Try to stick with one doctor as much as you can unless you feel deep down that you need another opinion. In my case, my first doctor moved away and it forced me to see Dr. Gililland. In the long run I have been happy about the change, but it did cause some stress feeling like I was starting over. If i would've had the chance and known what i know now, I would've started with Dr. Gililland.
I feel like Dr. Gililland is so nice that you can't help but to feel like an actual human when he talks with you each time you are there. He is so calming and has a friendly presence about him. That being said, the longer you are being treated at RCC you also can't help but feel like a number. I don't see Dr. Gililland every time I go in, sometimes i just see a nurse. When i see a new person every time I go in I do start to feel like a number because no one remembers me. I feel I have to explain my situation each time I am in there.
I have done 2 IUIs with Dr. Gililland using Letrozole before the procedure to help ovulate. I never had problems on the medication, i ovulated as i should and the IUIs, although unsuccessful from not knowing i had endometriosis, went smoothly.
The nurses at RCC have all been very nice and helpful when i go in. I don't think i've had the same one twice, but i have loved them all in person. I have called in a couple times to ask questions like what do i do if this is happening or what does this mean and i have had one nurse on the phone that made me feel pretty stupid for my questions. I try to give the benefit of the doubt and think maybe she didn't know her response came across that way or something, but i hope they do understand that even if they've been asked the same question 20 times in the last month, i've only asked once, i'm new to this situation and scared.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
RCC is a lovely and inviting little clinic. The front desk and billing staff are the same every time i go so they are who i see the most and are the only ones i know by name and face (except for the doctor). They are very friendly and helpful. The billing specialist has helped me immensely when my insurance has been frustrating and confusing and wasn't accepting the way the clinic was billing the diagnostic tests. All but one time there was a very short wait. The one time with a previous doctor that is not there anymore my husband and i had to wait 40+ minutes after our scheduled time to meet with the doctor. All the other times i've been i've gotten pulled out of the waiting room within 5 minutes.
I've been through so much treatment that i don't remember what everything cost but i do remember the consult was approximately $75 for an hour of the Doctor's time, a semen analysis was approximately $350, and an IUI cycle was just over $400. These prices are all self-pay prices, if your insurance covers anything for infertility then your prices would be better than that. The thing i like about this clinic is i don't recall them charging anything if i needed to come give a blood sample real quick, whereas i was charged a hefty fee at a completely different clinic to give them a urine sample to find out if i was pregnant when i knew for a fact i wasn't and also to give me a shot, which took all of 3 minutes so i like that RCC doesn't charge you for doing nothing.
5 IUI, IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr Gilliland is a great doctor and really cares about each individual patient. We had to try several different treatments and medications that worked for me and he was great with this. He would personally call me on weekends and even email me different studies he looked up that would potentially help my situation.... When we first started IVF treatments we went with the basic medications. Birth control priming, gonal f 225 units, menopur 150 units and cetrotide. I did not respond to this at all. Dr Gilliland took a step back and decided birth control may have suppressed me too much and that we will try again without.
5 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr Gilliland is very personable and you are in good hands.
Dr Gilliland is very personable and treats you as a separate case from every one else.
When we first started IVF treatments we went with the basic medications. Birth control priming, gonal f 225 units, menopur 150 units and cetrotide. I did not respond to this at all. Dr Gilliland took a step back and decided birth control may have suppressed me too much and that we will try again without. He also added femera into this protocol and raised me gonal f dosage to 450. We saw great results from this and made it to egg retrieval this time!
Very passionate and knowledgeable. Absolutely love all of the nursing staff there!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Strengths of this clinic would be how passionate and caring everyone in the office is. Going through IVF is HARD on a couple emotionally, physically and financially. They understood this and did anything they could to help out. Weakness of this office would be communication. We weren’t the cookie cutter couple where everything worked out just right and we had to do some different protocols the office wasn’t used to. When we would go in the front office wouldn’t know what was going on so I’d have to explains and Dr Gilliland would forget too if he didn’t read his notes before seeing me.
My IUI would be about $400 and speem collection was $200 IVF was $8400, $300 for anesthesia. The rest of the money was for medication which I ordered outside the office.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Other
HE [Dr. Gililland] is a very thorough doctor who retested blood levels other doctors had already checked and got me on correct dosage of medications. He is very welcoming and very knowledgeable!! He always listens and answers every questions I’ve ever had.... He has always answered every single question in full detail, he cares and my last appt lasted 45 minutes. And he didn’t act hurried to get me out of there he wanted to make sure I had everything answered
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Other
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
HE is a very thorough doctor who retested blood levels other doctors had already checked and got me on correct dosage of medications. He is very welcoming and very knowledgeable!! He always listens and answers every questions I’ve ever had. And I’ve never felt rushed even when I’m taking more time then I probably should he will always make sure I’m comfortable with the next step in our treatment.
We started on blood tests to make sure levels were where they needed to be. Put me on medications re tested blood, instantly put me on Femara. I had been asking my previous dr to put me on this and they refused. With little to no explanation. Currently going in for surgery tomorrow next step is another IUI.
Very friendly! Never make you feel uncomfortable amazing staff!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Clean very nice office. Friendly staff! Nurses are usually very quick to respond. They always make sure ins is helping as much as possible, they will get the you the most bang for your buck. Just make sure you and your dr are on the same page with time line. Some people are ok with post poning treatment, I on the other hand want to do everything the second I can! And that’s not always possible, with him traveling.
I feel like infertility is expensive where ever you go. However, they really really try to be sure that my ins will cover the max amount. And if there is a significant cash pay price I’m always informed.
We have discussed this for future, 2 embryos.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
I loved Dr. Gililland. His style of interacting is different from what I would have originally thought I would prefer, but I was surprised with how much it helped with my anxiety throughout the whole process. He was very warm and caring and attentive, and always seemed optimistic that we would be successful. Sometimes he would use physical touch to reassure me (e.g. touching my arm or shoulder). He was very knowledgeable and (in our case) was usually right on target with treatment decisions and estimates. At some point he gave me an email address. I only used it a few times since most questions can be answered by the nurses and he appeared to answer email on his own time (early in the mornings), but it was reassuring to know I could reach him directly if I really needed to. He always answered within a day.
You might not see him very often depending on the treatment you need. He did my initial testing (ultrasound, HSG, etc.) but I didn't see him at all during three IUI cycles. All IUI monitoring and procedures were done by nurses. When we moved on to IVF, Dr. Gililland did all but one of the monitoring ultrasounds himself, including one on a Saturday, as well as the retrieval and the embryo transfer.
I felt like my needs as a patient were his first priority. He would go out of his way to help me, and would make staff go out of their way as well. When I went in for an HSG, he could tell I was nervous and took time to hold my hand and reassure me. There was an abnormality on the HSG image and he wanted to follow up with a hysteroscopy, which he offered to do right there and then so I wouldn't have to wait for another cycle. There were technical problems with the hysteroscopy machine, and he persisted to get through the problems and do the procedure even though it put them past the office closing time. On my way out I asked about next steps, expecting to be told to make a follow-up appointment, but he took me back to his office and talked to me. By the time we got done he had stayed an hour late just for me. I was very impressed with him and he continued to be caring and kind during subsequent encounters with him.
When my blood testing came back with FSH 12 and AMH .9, he recommended that our first treatment be IUI with Femara and Gonal F. We did three cycles of this treatment with the nurses. I used OPKs and got a positive the day of the ultrasound (day 12) each time, as well as my usual ovulation symptoms, so we never did a trigger shot. I responded well to the medication and the nurses kept telling us everything looked "ideal", but none of the cycles resulted in a pregnancy. After three failed IUIs they had us follow up with Dr. G. He gave us a choice between more IUIs with the same medications or IVF. He didn't pressure us either way but just said to consider the success rates of each (while being mindful of cost, risks, etc.). We decided to proceed with IVF. Our first attempt was cancelled due to an estrogen-producing cyst, which was gone by the second attempt. I was on stims for nine days and the dosage never changed. They had me take a lower dose of the trigger shot to reduce my risk of OHSS. We got 14 eggs, 9 mature. Dr. Gililland had said he didn't think we needed ICSI, so we didn't use it and 8 out of the 9 eggs fertilized without it. He had also said he thought we could get 4 or 5 embryos and we ended up with 3 on day 5 and 1 more on day 6 for a total of 4. Our first fresh transfer of one embryo was successful and the other 3 embryos have been frozen.
There were three nurses at the Clearfield office and they were all nice and were very organized and on top of things, and were patient with my many phone calls and questions. They never answered the phone so I always had to leave a message and wait for a call back, which was sometimes nerve wracking when I was worried about something, but I almost always got a call back within the same day. They helped me apply to get a discount on medication which ended up saving me about a thousand dollars.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The nurses, MAs, and front desk staff at Clearfield were really nice and I felt like everyone genuinely wanted me to succeed. When I did get pregnant, I had an episode of heavy bleeding a week after what was supposed to be my last ultrasound with them. I called and asked what to do and they got me in to see Dr. Gililland that same day, even though I was supposed to be done with the clinic by then, which was really helpful during a scary time. There were a few minor mix-ups (was sent a financial document for the wrong procedure, had to go in for an extra blood draw because they forgot something, test results were sent to me but didn't get to the doctor) but nothing that affected my treatment.
IUIs were $400 for the IUI and $400 for the medication (I did injections). Our IVF cycle ended up costing about $10,000 after paying for anesthesia and embryo storage, with medication being an additional $3,000 or so. They tried to sell us on their multiple cycle discount package, but we felt our chance of success was high enough that we didn't want to risk paying for cycles we might not need, and would rather take the risk of paying for cycles individually. This ended up being a good decision for us.
Dr. Gililland very strongly encouraged us to do a single embryo transfer, which ended up being the right choice for us. I was 30 and it was our first transfer.
Clearfield
Luckily, our treatment went smoothly so I don't have any experience with having to deal with any complications with him [Dr. John Gililland]... very nice, knowledgeable, and seemed very invested in helping us have a baby. He listened to my history and made accommodations in my treatment based on it. He kept a record of notes to keep track of all plans. I don't have any complaints
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Gililland was very nice, knowledgeable, and seemed very invested in helping us have a baby. He listened to my history and made accommodations in my treatment based on it. He kept a record of notes to keep track of all plans. I don't have any complaints working with Dr. Gililland. Luckily, our treatment went smoothly so I don't have any experience with having to deal with any complications with him.
Be as detailed as possible. The more the doctor knows, the better the treatment can be.
Every time I went into the clinic, they knew who I was. I never felt like they were unaware of my situation. I never felt dismissed. Any question I had, they answered readily.
The IUIs followed similar protocol to the earlier ones. Fermara with Gonal-F injections. Then an HCG trigger shot followed by the IUI. Both of these ended with a negative pregnancy test. For the IVF cycle, I straight stimmed (no BC) because of health issues.. We did Gonal-F and Menopur injections for about a week. Along with Estradiol (orally). Testing and monitoring were done every 2-3 days. We did a lower doses because I have PCOS and they we trying not to have me overstimulate. I used Lupron for the trigger shot. They we counting about 40 follicles. Egg retrieval produced 20 eggs. 14 fertilized and 8 made it to day 5 for PGS testing. The following month I began taking Estradiol and compounded gel Progesterone. We transferred one embryo which resulted in a positive pregnancy. Currently, 20 weeks in March 2018.
The nursing staff at the Clearfield clinic is small. So that means I saw one of three nurses. They all seemed to know what was happening with me. They could all answer any questions I had. Besides for a few instances, I was able to contact one of them same day. I had one of them call me after I had a miscarriage when I was still under the clinic's care.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
This clinic is an off-shoot of the main clinic in Sandy. Which is good and bad. Good, because there is a more intimate environment. I liked that I saw the same people every time I went in. Bad, because they are not a full clinic. Meaning they can't do IVF procedures and have more limited hours. It's not uncommon for north of Salt Lake to be forgotten. Another issue that is arising is that is getting busier. So now, if you call, you may have to leave a message and they will call you back later that day. I really felt that I was treated well here. As always, ask questions, do research, and never hesitate to be your own advocate.
IUI for us was covered mostly by insurance. So ultrasound were around $85 and he IUI was about $150. The IVF was around $25,000 (which included 2 cycles). The anesthesiologist was $400. The PGS testing cost around $2300 for up to 8 embryos. I needed insurance to cover OHSS since I had an AMH over 3. That cost was $$350.
Two main reasons on why we transferred one embryo. First, to reduce the risk of multiples. Past medical history was taken into consideration when making this decision. Second, transferring a single normal PGS tested embryo is recommended.
Clearfield
My husbands hormone levels showed on his blood test [from Dr. John Gililland], very low, and out of sorts. He was then placed on Clomid to help raise the levels, and it did just that! His hormones raised significantly and he feels better with more energy, although it did not help his sperm count and motility. The doctor has now suggested we move on to IVF, my husbands numbers are too low to consider any other treatment course. They plan to just work with the numbers that my husband can produce since they are unable to help anymore.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Gililland was always willing to explain every detail. I always have so many questions and he never rushed me or dismissed my questions. He would even break out charts, pictures, and diagrams to help my husband and I understand what is happening, what the next step will be, and every detail in between.
Stay relaxed. He is a very mellow doctor, and I was so tense and emotional my first time meeting him that I wasn't even able to remember everything that happened! You'll be emotional and tense just because you're in this situation but Dr. Gililland will try to make you smile and laugh, and that helps so much.
Dr. Gilliland always took time to say hello and goodbye to us while we were in the office. He was always polite and smiling, but he did forget my husbands name once (while it was on the computer screen in front of him).. Awkward!
When we first were referred to Dr. Gililland it was for a Semen Analysis for my husband. I had just had a laparoscopy and it dismissed the endometriosis idea, so it was our next idea as to why we could not conceive. Results came back and they were low and we found our problem. Once we met with the doctor to go over these results he ordered blood tests to determine where these results were coming from. He also ordered me an ultra sound and a HSG (an x-ray of the fallopian tubes) just to make sure everything was healthy on my end. My husbands hormone levels showed on his blood test, very low, and out of sorts. He was then placed on Clomid to help raise the levels, and it did just that! His hormones raised significantly and he feels better with more energy, although it did not help his sperm count and motility. The doctor has now suggested we move on to IVF, my husbands numbers are too low to consider any other treatment course. They plan to just work with the numbers that my husband can produce since they are unable to help anymore.
The nursing staff at this clinic is amazing. They are all kind and caring, there is a handful of nurses and I have personally been helped by each one at different times.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
This clinic is extremely close to our home, located in Clearfield Utah. They also have locations in Pleasant Grove, Sandy and even Idaho. The only downfall is for egg retrieval you will have to travel to the Sandy location, this is also where they will store the embryos.
The billing director sat my husband and I down and went over every single cost, specific to our treatment plan. Some couples need need things that others don't, and we would have never been able to tell what we needed on our own. She answered all of our questions, they even personally called our insurances to determine coverages. They broke down the cost of each item, from the anesthesiologist, embryo freezing, and the medications.
My doctor had a very strong preference to do a single embryo transfer. However, I am young and healthy, therefore I can see where he is coming from. It depends on the patient and he said that it is ultimately up to the couple how many they would like to transfer.
Clearfield
Dr Gilliland is very caring and kind. He is also very knowledgeable. He takes the time to answer questions and treats us with great consideration. He is willing to listen to concerns and adjust treatment. Some things were not well communicated by him in the course of treatments and he tends to be dismissive of most alternative or supplemental treatments (I.e. Most vitamins and other supplements). He will go out of his way to help us and weekend morning emails and phone calls are not uncommon during a cycle.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
Educate yourself well before going in so you know the right questions to ask.
Dr G is very kind and takes the time to answer questions.
We have done 4 IVF cycles with Dr G. The first ended in a freeze all and then a frozen transfer due to a polyp found by the Dr mid cycle. It was a straight Follistim cycle with Ganirelix as the antagonist. We transferred both of the resulting embryos in a frozen cycle that resulted in a negative beta. Being new to IVF at the time, I'm unsure of the rationale. The second cycle used a mixture of Follistim and Menopur, also with a Ganirelix antagonist. This resulted in 3 day transfer of the only 2 remaining blastocysts due to poor embryo quality and a positive beta that ended in a miscarriage at 9 weeks. The next cycle was an identical protocol to the second with the addition of Omnitrope and ended in a 5 day transfer of the only fair quality embryo and resulted in a negative beta. The 4th cycle was a no suppression cycle with identical protocol to the second with the addition of letrozole during a few days of the cycle. This cycle ended with no transfer due to my and my husbands decision not to do a recommended 3 day transfer. By day 5, all embryos were gone. We're just now beginning a 5th cycle and based on our requests, we are going a Menopur only stimulation with a Microdose Lupron antagonist, a 3 day transfer and transferring up to 4 embryos if available.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinic is great at providing relatively low cost infertility case. It's weakest point across all employees I have come across is communication. With the exception of my Dr and one MA, I do not feel that anyone really cares about me or my situation.
We have insurance coverage, so most costs went to the insurance company. There is an anesthesiologist of 300$ not billed to insurance, and we have a high deductible plan so we paid out of pocket for that amount.
Based on my age and apparent egg quality, my Dr has always recommended transferring two, with the exception of a cycle where one embryo was well ahead of the others in development. Our upcoming cycle he is in agreement with transferring more than 2 as long as we are well informed of the risks of possibly carrying multiples.
Clearfield
Dr. Gilliland fought battles for me I wouldn't have even thought to fight for myself. He was always caring and understanding, and answered, in-depth, the many many questions I asked.... I'm a naturally curious person and he answered every million question I had, never acting like it was an annoyance. One of the most memorable moments I had throughout m IVF, was on the day of the transfer, after he the transfer of the egg and everything was done, he prayed with my husband and I for the success of this pregnancy.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Gililland is the type of doctor you wish you could see for every thing in your life. There were multiple times throughout my pregnancy where I told my husband, "I just want Dr. G to be my OBGYN. Nobody is as good as him." He reassures you constantly and is willing to talk to you about every step. I'm a naturally curious person and he answered every million question I had, never acting like it was an annoyance. One of the most memorable moments I had throughout m IVF, was on the day of the transfer, after he the transfer of the egg and everything was done, he prayed with my husband and I for the success of this pregnancy. He cares about each individual and I always knew he was on our side, rather than the side of the clinic.
You cannot go wrong with Dr. Gililland. He will care for you unlike any doctor you've ever met.
I honestly can't remember. I know Dr. Gililland tried to get the clinic to allow us to do our second round (since we only got one god egg) but the clinic would not allow it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Barb)
Barb was an enthusiastic, fun, and reassuring coordinator and nurse. She herself had been through IVF before, which made her feel much more understanding and compassionate. She was very efficient, which made tedious things like blood draws, less annoying. I knew I would never have to spend tons of time at those little appointments, which was great since I was working at the time.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The Pleasant Grove clinic is small and feels like a welcoming home to you. We had to do some of our testing and other clinical work up at the Sandy office, which felt less welcoming. I loved the Pleasant Grove clinic because I knew everyone who worked there and they all knew who I was. They were incredibly fast and I never felt like I was just wasting time sitting around, which I appreciated.
We did the multiple rounds discount package, so we paid for two rounds up front, knowing that if the first round worked, we wouldn't be using the second. This included all the ultrasounds, the PGD, ICSI, and freezing. I believe we paid around 20,000 for two rounds. I think medications were an additional 1,000. We also paid for an outside service to test the embryos for genetic malformations, but I cannot remember how much that was.
I know Dr. Gililland was a strong advocate for only implanting one egg, since multiples tend to create more difficult pregnancies. We only had one egg to implant, so it wasn't really an option for us at the end. Dr. G did discuss it with us prior to the beginning of treatment as an option though, and we decided we did not want to risk multiples.
Pleasant Grove
He [Dr. Gililland] took the time to answer my questions and explain things if I needed more of an explanation. Gave me his personal email if I had other questions....He answers your questions and makes sure you understand. Doesn’t feel like he is in a hurry. Honest and warm bedside manners. He talked about different testing and prices, which I really appreciated. Wanted to change my protocol since the first didn’t work, I really am excited about.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
He took the time to answer my questions and explain things if I needed more of an explanation. Gave me his personal email if I had other questions.
The doctor I had previously had me on Gonal-F for egg retrieval and a trigger shot of Lupron. I ended with three embryos of good and fair quality. So Dr Gililland wants to change the protocol with a mix of Gonal-F and Menopur and a trigger shot mix of HCG and Lupron. And he left me with options of Embryo Glue that he suggested. Gave us other options if we wanted to do other tests before another IVF cycle.
Very nice and helpful. Answers my emails when I have questions. Helped me understand protocol.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Knowledgeable staff, tells you the options you have and the pricing up front. It is pretty pricey, but most clinics in Utah are. The nurses are quick to email you back. Took a few weeks to get in to see the doctor. I really like the Clearfield office, didn’t feel as welcomed at the Sandy office.
$7,900 fresh transfer, $300 anesthetist fee, $303 hyper stem insurance, $1,900 ICSI, $275 Embryo Glue
I was educated that transferring two enhances success a little bit, but multiples is very common. He still left it up to us.
Clearfield
Dr G [Gililland] is so kind! He genuinely wants things to work out for you. I have wondered with him though if we have tried everything we can or done every test needed before suggesting ivf. When the nurses have questions or when I have questions for home he always takes the time to talk to me and answer my questions....We did 3 iui’s because I have unexplained infertility... We did try injections along with iui to get more eggs
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr G is so kind! He genuinely wants things to work out for you. I have wondered with him though if we have tried everything we can or done every test needed before suggesting ivf. When the nurses have questions or when I have questions for home he always takes the time to talk to me and answer my questions.
Write down questions before your appointments so you know what to ask when you are there. I would think of things before appointments and forget to ask while there.
The nurses always made me feel important even though they deal with people who have the same problem as me all day!
We did 3 iui’s because I have unexplained infertility he thought that would be a good starting point. We did try injections along with iui to get more eggs. No successful iuis
Lots of the nurses there have personally gone through infertility so they know how to relate and they know how hard it really is. They are very thorough and answer any question i have. They also make sure I understand what is happening before any procedure.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Short waiting time which is very nice. I always get a call back when I leave a message. They have been paitient will all my questions. You know they care. They can always fit me in when I need an emergency appointment. Open on holidays and weekends for emergencies.
About $500 per iui with medications $75 per office visit copay
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Bedside manner left MUCH to be desired [with Dr. John Gililland]...He is intelligent where actual facts of fertility are concerned but any actual dealing with a human being was a poor experience. I left him after only being with him a short time because I couldn't stomach having my most heartbreaking experiences with a doctor with his bedside manner...Be prepared for a guy who gets down to business but who doesn't really let you know what that business is.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
Bedside manner left MUCH to be desired. He was new to our clinic when we first arrived and you could tell the staff even knew he had horrible bedside manner because before my procedure they had to give me a disclaimer on it.
They were the highlight of the clinic. If I could only have seen them I wouldn't have left. They were difficult to contact - didn't always answer the phone but they were so compassionate and patient.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
It's fairly small - I liked the intimate feel. They need some work on their communication. Would only occasionally get calls back to voicemails. Only answered their phones 50% of the time (maybe) and with time sensitive information that can be a make it or break it situation. We literally waited about an hour in the waiting room (so an hour after our appt time) before we were actually called back for our appt. Every. Dang. Appt.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
My experience with Dr.Gililland has been great. He is genuine and cares about you and wants to figure out the problem. He is very professional and compassionate. With my 4th miscarriage in a row in under a year and a half, Dr. Gilliland took the time and got me in immediately to confirm the miscarriage and discuss the next step. He was genuinely upset that I had miscarried and wanted to help and comfort me.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
To go see him ASAP. He is the best and wants to make a difference and help you get your forever family.
Dr.Gilliand is amazing! He is definitely involved with your situation and genuinely cares. He makes every effort to figure out what is going on and how to help you.
Well I have unexplained infertility and recurrent miscarriage. Dr. Gililland has exhausted every Avenue possible to figure out why I keep miscarriage. Unfortunately all those tests have not given us any answers. I have been on femara and injectables and have done 1 iui which resulted in a miscarriage at 8 weeks. Out next step is ivf with genetic testing of the embryos.
All the nurses are great they all care and want to help. And are quick to return your calls.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I wish they were open on weekends in the Clearfield office. Their front desk staff is great and their billing coordinator is easy to work with.
I don't know off hand.
Endometriosis, PCOS
He [Dr. Gilliland] is always so sweet and kind when I have an appointment with him. He seems to really care about me and my situation....He has always treated me as a person just not a number.... He always wants me to have ultrasounds and blood work to make sure my body is doing what it is suppose to be doing. After every appointment I am able to ask him questions that I have or concerns and he will stay and answer every single one of them.
Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
He is very kind and considerate of my situation. He has always treated me as a person just not a number. He is very knowledgeable about infertility and women’s health. He is very friendly. He understands my feelings and my husbands feelings as well.
Just trust his process. He knows exactly what he is doing.
He is always so sweet and kind when I have an appointment with him. He seems to really care about me and my situation.
They are amazing, wonderful people. They have never treated me unkindly or anything. Best nurses ever!!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
They know exactly what they are doing. They have a ton of information available to me about infertility. They are the best of the best. There office is clean and inviting. They make it seem like somewhere you want to stay.
It seemed very reasonable. He accepts most insurance. The staff is always willing to call and talk to insurance without me having to do anything.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Unexplained
He [Dr. John Gililland] was very informative with everything. He met with my husband and I multiple times and made sure we received the best treatment as possible. He always greeted me with a hug and made sure I was doing well and I was responding to all procedures as expected...Go in with questions because he will answer anything you have...he adjusted my dosage amounts to better each round from the time before. I used only Gonal-f the first go round and I miscarried. The next round he added Menopur with Gonal-f and we were able to get better results with that.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
He was very informative with everything. He met with my husband and I multiple times and made sure we received the best treatment as possible. He always greeted me with a hug and made sure I was doing well and I was responding to all procedures as expected. I HIGHLY recommend him!!!
Go in with questions because he will answer anything you have.
He was the best doctor ever. He made you feel like you were special and not just another patient. He genuinely cares about you and your success with infertility.
With each cycle, he adjusted my dosage amounts to better each round from the time before. I used only Gonal-f the first go round and I miscarried. The next round he added Menopur with Gonal-f and we were able to get better results with that.
They are AMAZING!! Everyone feels like family there
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I don’t have any complaints. They were great to work with and I would recommend them to anyone. The staff was so kind and organized and I enjoyed coming to see them. They always had their ducks in a row and were very prompt with their times. I rarely ever had to wait more than a couple minutes to be seen
Clearfield
He [Dr. John Gililland] treated me as a human. He really want this to work out for me...He did a great job! He took his time to answer all my questions and concerns. He really wanted this to work out for me. He cared for me and didn't just treat me like a number. He could get me in to see him at the last minute when things would come up...We did IVF with him and the nurses wrote out a protocol for me. Step by step of what I need to do and each day.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
Don't get your hopes up! They do their best but they can only do so much.
He treated me as a human. He really want this to work out for me.
Don't know exactly what the question is.. We did IVF with him and the nurses wrote out a protocol for me. Step by step of what I need to do and each day.
They were great. They could answer all my questions when I would call in on the phone. They were very educated and knew what they were talking about. It did take them a while to call me back when I did call in and leave a message.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The nurses were hard to get a hold of. When you call the nurses line no one ever answered. I would leave a message and they would call me back later that night or the next day. Everyone is very compassionate and really wanted it to work out of me.
Too much! Not sure on price.
He suggested we transfer one embryo especially the first transfer. I should have taken his advice. But we were really hoping for twins.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Gililland is very compassionate, and caring. He takes great care of his patients. He always explains the potential outcomes, and risks, which is greatly appreciated!...He doesn't necessarily listen to what you want - he just tells you what you need.... I also was very impressed with him because he performed a surgery on me and mentioned every scenario, which most doctors don't do!...1. HSG 2. Tubes were blocked 3. Laparoscopy. Lasered endometriosis and opened tubes.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Gililland is very compassionate, and caring. He takes great care of his patients. He always explains the potential outcomes, and risks, which is greatly appreciated! I also was very impressed with him because he performed a surgery on me and mentioned every scenario, which most doctors don't do!
He was very compassionate, sweet, and great to work with!
The nursing staff (at PG) didn't know what they were doing. Their answer was always to "call the sandy office." I requested that they bill me and they said they are unable to bill. Period. They also weren't very familiar with fertility treatments in general. I had an excellent experience with the sandy gals, though!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Strengths; scheduling! They're usually available. Weaknesses; very unorganized, drastically varying treatments and opinions from each doctor
Free consult (which was awesome) because a friend referred me. $250 HSG. Pricey bloodwork.
Pleasant Grove
He [Dr. John Gililland] is a bit touchy, don't be discouraged by this it is just his way of showing compassion...Dr. Gilliland is very compassionate and caring. He always goes out of his way to make sure you feel comfortable and know exactly what your course of action will be. He called to check in on us every couple of days for a few weeks after our failed IVF cycle and genuinely cared about helping us reach our goals.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
He is a bit touchy, don't be discouraged by this it is just his way of showing compassion.
The clinic and staff always knew us by name and greeted us warmly during both office visits and phone calls. They also always called to check in on us during and after each cycle.
Barb was great! She was always very caring and easy to talk to. She thoroughly explained everything we needed to know regarding meds and appointments. She always returned all phone calls in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I felt the clinic was very good at communication. They always either answered the phone or returned a phone call within a couple of hours. I always felt cared for.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Care Center.
They always worked around my schedule as I had a long drive to get there. Appointments work quit but thorough.
Clearfield
He [Dr. John Gililland] was amazing added something to my rotine last minute that really mad a difference . He also was very understanding and went over all options. He added hgh last minute and tgen helped track it down for me to start the next day. He was very nice and friendly anf thorough... Had tests ran & found no problems do proceeded with invitro. I did shots each day and also they added in hgh and I produced 13 eggs. I also did acupuncture with it. Had the retrieval and did icsi and two eggs made it to day five. Had the transfer and had acupuncture before and after the transfer that day. I tested high and was pregnant with twins. Did progesterone cream the first few months
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
He was amazing added something to my rotine last minute that really mad a difference . He also was very understanding and went over all options. He added hgh last minute and tgen helped track it down for me to start the next day. He was very nice and friendly anf thorough.
He really cared and updated my treatment each day and last minute to do the best for me
Had tests ran & found no problems do proceeded with invitro. I did shots each day and also they added in hgh and I produced 13 eggs. I also did acupuncture with it. Had the retrieval and did icsi and two eggs made it to day five. Had the transfer and had acupuncture before and after the transfer that day. I tested high and was pregnant with twins. Did progesterone cream the first few months.
I just loved all of them! I saw many nurses at the clearfield and sandy locations and they were all so happy for me when we got our twins
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
They are so caring and really want to help you! They look and run all tests then evaluate. They give you all the options. Then they work together as a team to adjust and revise your treatments depending on how its going.
We did the 4 fresh cycle option. You can try up to 4 fresh until you get pregnant. We got pregnant the first try.
They asked if i wanted to transfer 2 since we had been 14 years of trying and then said we might get twins . We said that would be great!
Clearfield
I loved Dr. Gililland. After almost 2 years of just going to my OBGYN for fertility help with no success, I went to Dr. Gililland and was pregnant within the 1st round of treatments....He was so kind an empathetic. He never made me feel rushed or unimportant....Birth control for one month to naturally get rid of a cyst on my ovary. Injections to stimulate the ovaries as well as femara. I did a trigger shot on day 13 I believe and then came into the office on day 14 to have the IUI done.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
I loved Dr. Gililland. After almost 2 years of just going to my OBGYN for fertility help with no success, I went to Dr. Gililland and was pregnant within the 1st round of treatments. I loved the clinic and always felt valued and well cared for. The nurses were very nice and friendly and the facility was clean and accommodating. Dr. Gililland made me feel like I've known him forever. He was very personable.
Ask as many questions as you can. Be specific about your goals and be open with your doctor when discussing a game plan. Be patient and don't be too hard on yourself if things don't work out the exact way you planned.
He was so kind an empathetic. He never made me feel rushed or unimportant.