California IVF: Davis Fertility Center

Roseville, CA 95661
Sacramento
1111 Exposition Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95815
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend John Gould to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.4
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend California IVF: Davis Fertility Center to a friend?
Dr. Gould treated us like if we were family. He was understanding and caring about our situation....He showed sympathy in our situation and we are going through. From the beginning he was honest about what the outcome could be if my husbands semen analysis came back low. As soon as the results came back he contacted us right away and gave us a full detailed explanation. As of right now we have to do IVF.
How was your experience with John Gould at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
When we first seen Dr.Gould we didn’t know what to expect. He was so friendly and caring. He showed sympathy in our situation and we are going through. From the beginning he was honest about what the outcome could be if my husbands semen analysis came back low. As soon as the results came back he contacted us right away and gave us a full detailed explanation. As of right now we have to do IVF. We were told that things might change after the second analysis is done but they cannot guarantee it.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Gould at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
Always stay positive because there is a light under the tunnel.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Gould at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
Describe the protocols John Gould used in your cycles at Northern California Fertility Medical Center and their degree of success.
Dr. Gould has not used treatment on us. He told us that because my husbands lab work came back good he cannot prescribe him anything and the only option for us is IVF treatment. He could not explain why my husband is producing low sperm and said that’s just the way his body is functioning. We cannot afford IVF and all I can do is pray for a miracle and win this IVF treatment.
I didn’t really talk to the nurses. Every time I would call them they don’t answer and so when I would leave voicemails they don’t call back. Even when I emailed them it takes forever for someone to respond back.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
The clinic is amazing. They are very clean and when you walk into the clinic it looks like a home. They have couches to sit on and magazines to read. As a new patient it is amazing how they treat you and hear you out. They go over everything with you and tell you what to expect as far as needing IUI or IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Gould at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
For my initial visit with Dr.Lovely I paid $112 and when my husband seen Dr.Gould he paid $87. The semen analysis was roughly around $12 dollars and for the repeat analysis it will be $50 dollars. IVF treatment will be $13,000 out of pocket but we don’t have that yet so we are unable to do it. I really hope that we are selected for the IVF giveaway
Roseville
Dr Gould is great about having open and honest conversations with you about male factor infertility and what can be done about it... he has been very responsive and candid about outcomes from various SAs I have taken and what our probabilities were for success. I have very much appreciated my care under him.... He worked in tandem with my wife's doctors as well to devise plans moving forward... Always calls with results the second he has them whether it be on weekends etc.
Very knowledgeable and responsive. Always calls with results the second he has them whether it be on weekends etc. I have always felt like a priority and not just a number. He has always made my wife and I feel very comfortable especially in the awkward field to talk about such as infertility.
Be prepared for a lot of hypothetical answers to situations. If you are a borderline male factor, such as myself, medical science has only come so far in this field so there aren't definite answers to being able to improve certain aspects of your semen.
Dr Gould is great about having open and honest conversations with you about male factor infertility and what can be done about it (not much a lot of the time). However, he has been very responsive and candid about outcomes from various SAs I have taken and what our probabilities were for success. I have very much appreciated my care under him.
He worked in tandem with my wife's doctors as well to devise plans moving forward including repeat SAs for myself, trying different things to see if numbers improved. He suggested IUI as a good course of action for us as well. Unfortunately, after two failed rounds of IUI, we decided to move onto IVF.
The nurses have always been very nice and compassionate with every interaction (especially the awkward ones of coming in for a SA).
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Strengths: Excellent team and facility. Doctors are Nurses are all very highly reviewed and know what they are doing. Weaknesses: At the beginning, we were off-put feeling like we were "just a number" with the clinic. However, I do not believe we accurately judged them at the beginning and they are just very busy with countless patients coming in each day.
Standard and in line with my insurance costs for seeing a specialist
Describe John Gould's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
No comments were made
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Male Factor, Immunological
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Male Factor, Immunological
The first time I saw Dr. Gould, my wife and I sat down with him, gave him my entire medical history and prior health; and he immediately knew what the problem was, and was able to explain it to me to where I could understand it. He went over an anticipated plan of how we would get sperm (I'm unable to ejaculate, and my body also tends to kill off sperm). When we did the procedure the first time, they got plenty of semen, but all the sperm were completely dead. So, we chose to do a future procedure (the same one, but 3 months down the road), and it was done. The second time around, we had a little more success (out of several billion sperm, we got close to 30 live sperm). From there, it was pretty much the clinic handling everything, and that was the end of our treatments with Dr. Gould.
Be honest, don't be afraid to tell him everything you know. The more he knows, the better your chance of success.
The way I was spoken to, it appeared that there was practically no chance of success, and my wife and I were mandated to have donor sperm present. At the same time, though, Dr. Gould assured me he would be trying extensively to have success obtaining my own live sperm for IVF, and though it took 2 procedures, we had success, and now I have a 1 year old son from his extensive efforts.
No medications were ever used by Dr. Gould, but he went with the electroejaculation procedure twice, and it was effective in obtaining adequate semen/sperm results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Marcie Colletti)
We had a hard time getting along with our nursing coordinator; it took a while for us to get used to her, and her to us. We finally managed to get things worked out, and she met all our needs in a timely manner. The rest of the nurses were great, encouraging and positive; one even had had to have fertility treatments herself, and because of that, stood out among the others as someone who knew what it was like on a personal level.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
We went in starting IVF having little to no idea how long things would take; because we didn't know, and expected things to be done within a month, and weren't getting updates, it stressed us out. We finally got things cleared up and questions answered, and from there the experience was great. Two of the doctors came across as pessimistic toward my results, and demanded that we have donor sperm on standby; two of the doctors were completely empathetic, and came across that anything is possible, and that it wasn't the end of the world for me. When we did the electroejaculation the 2nd time, we were told that they washed the semen sample obtained, but didn't give specific results, but when they retrieved 27 eggs from my wife, the embryologist had searched out, among billions of sperm, and found enough live sperm to fertilize every egg (which was way beyond what I had expected). They gave us updates on progress, and transferred 2 embryos, resulting in the live birth of our son. While the experience was stressful (which, I'm assuming, every experience WILL be), it was better success than I could anticipate, and for the clinic and that success, I'm forever grateful.
Payment was expected up front prior to any appointment or procedure; I vaguely remember the particular procedure costing somewhere around $1200.
Not applicable.
Roseville
Dr. Gould was very thorough and informative. When he met with my husband and I, he took the time to review both of our histories and make suggestions for me as well, even though my husband was the primary patient. He always returned our calls whenever I had more questions and actually remembered who we were... We scheduled a consultation at the No. Ca Fertility Clinic in Roseville with him and then spoke over the phone several times where he answered more questions that came up. He always returned my calls directly and remembered us.
After seeing local doctors and not having much luck, we were referred to Dr. Gould with my husband as the primary patient. He reviewed both of our previous treatments and histories and explained his plan of attack for us and what to expect. We scheduled a consultation at the No. Ca Fertility Clinic in Roseville with him and then spoke over the phone several times where he answered more questions that came up. He always returned my calls directly and remembered us. We ultimately decided to take some time off from TTC and when we were ready to pick back up, we contacted his office where he re-sent all of the follow up testing that he needed to start back with treatments and to be seen again, even after the lapse in time.
They always return your call. Depending on the severity, they will make you a priority! I had put a call in about an upcoming trip to Mexico and even though it had been awhile since we had our consultation, they treated me as though I had just been seen and called me back within an hour of leaving a message.
Infertility treatments are not covered by insurance so we paid out of pocket for the samples and consultation. They were extremely helpful in allowing us to provide a sample at a nearby sister clinic to help keep the cost lower. SA $175
Roseville
He [Dr. John Gould] is one of the top most doctors in male factor and is very smart. He is also very funny and makes us feel comfortable and always explains things in more than one way to make sure we understand. He is very good at responding to emails and voicemails very quickly.... My husband had a sperm retrieval procedure and sperm analysts. He is due to go in for another more in depth procedure. No meds are required before hand
He is one of the top most doctors in male factor and is very smart. He is also very funny and makes us feel comfortable and always explains things in more than one way to make sure we understand. He is very good at responding to emails and voicemails very quickly.
Make an appointment with him right away. He is awesome
The nurses were very attentive and made sure my husband was comfortable after his first sperm retrieval even though he was grouchy and in a bit of pain.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
I think the clinic is great. They have always returned calls and emails quickly, been friendly on the phone and during check in. The only weakness I would say is the wait times but that’s only because we are so eager to move along in the process quickly. They also understand this.
The initial consult was @$250. Blood test were $250 .Sperm retrieval #1 was $1500. Sperm rerieval #2 will be $3000
No comment