6.8

877-567-4994

2014 - 2016, Successful
Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Surrogacy With Other Docs
I was an international patient so everything except transfer was done at my home clinic. Dr. Hesla was very helpful, knowledgeable, and kind. We appreciated him calling us when things were not going well and explaining next steps...If Julie [Dr. Hesla's nurse] was away, we sometimes had difficulty getting results. We usually could get results from our home clinic. This improved when Derick joined the team. He was very nice and really good about getting results to us.
Patient care [at Oregon Reproductive Medicine] is a strength. The billing department is terrible. The statements aren't clear and we were once charged for a procedure that never happened. When we queried, they said it was for something completely different. We spent way to much time dealing with something that should have been straightforward.
How was your experience with John Hesla at ORM Fertility Oregon?
Again, I was an international patient so everything except transfer was done at my home clinic. Dr. Hesla was very helpful, knowledgeable, and kind. We appreciated him calling us when things were not going well and explaining next steps.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Hesla at ORM Fertility Oregon?
I was an international patient (client). Dr. Hesla and his team were always kind.
Describe the protocols John Hesla used in your cycles at ORM Fertility Oregon and their degree of success.
Donor eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility Oregon. (Assigned nurse: Julie)
Julie responded quickly to emails and explained things well.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
Patient care is a strength. The billing department is terrible. The statements aren't clear and we were once charged for a procedure that never happened. When we queried, they said it was for something completely different. We spent way to much time dealing with something that should have been straightforward.
What specific things went wrong at ORM Fertility Oregon?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ORM Fertility Oregon.
If Julie was away, we sometimes had difficulty getting results. We usually could get results from our home clinic. This improved when Derick joined the team. He was very nice and really good about getting results to us.
2015, Successful
Surrogacy With Other Docs
Dr Hesla was professional yet endearing... Dr Hesla and his team were informative, straightforward yet nice and made me feel comfortable at every visit. He was responsive via phone and email and really cared about the outcome. He kept me informed and made sure I knew the process and risks.... he will be be straight forward yet kind. He will be realistic with treatment goals and outcomes.
I only have strengths to report. Professional and reliable and realistic. Nurses [Oregon Reproductive Medicine] knew the process and were friendly to myself and my quest. They are good communicators. Dr Hesla is wonderful and even recommended a gynecologist where I live in a rural area.... She was professional and prompt when responding to calls and emails.... Dr Hesla was professional yet endearing
How was your experience with John Hesla at ORM Fertility Oregon?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Hesla at ORM Fertility Oregon?
That he will be be straight forward yet kind. He will be realistic with treatment goals and outcomes.
Dr Hesla was professional yet endearing
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility Oregon. (Assigned nurse: Marissa)
She was professional and prompt when responding to calls and emails.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
I only have strengths to report. Professional and reliable and realistic. Nurses knew the process and were friendly to myself and my quest. They are good communicators. Dr Hesla is wonderful and even recommended a gynecologist where I live in a rural area.
Describe John Hesla's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ORM Fertility Oregon.
He recommended single embryo transfer
Portland Lovejoy (Closed)
Dr Hesla is an amazing Dr. We owe our son to him. So knowledgeable, caring and compassionate. I remember crying alone in his office and he was so sweet and comforting.... I cam[e] to ORM like the walking wounded for a second opinion and Dr. Hesla & his team did not treat me like a number and gave me hope.
The team [at Oregon Reproductive Medicine] was excellent. I cam[e] to ORM like the walking wounded for a second opinion and Dr. Hesla & his team did not treat me like a number and gave me hope...Solid team. Much more professional & compassionate then OHSU.
How was your experience with John Hesla at ORM Fertility Oregon?
DR Hesla is an amazing Dr. We owe our son to him. So knowledgeable, caring and compassionate. I remember crying alone in his office and he was so sweet and comforting.
Ask for Dr Hesla. Depending on your age listen to him. I was in my early 30s and proceeded cautiously. I have older friends that are hesitant to be aggressive by age is a factor, so need to trust his protocol.
The team was excellent. I had just left a clinic previously where I did only the CCCT test and the nurse told me the results on the phone and said I probably have to use Donor Eggs or adopt. I cam to ORM like the walking wounded for a second opinion and Dr. Hesla & his team did not treat me like a number and gave me hope.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility Oregon. (Assigned nurse: it's been 12 years - i can't remember)
Solid team. Much more professional & compassionate then OHSU
Portland Westside

2004 - 2010, Successful
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
He [Dr Hesla] is an expert. He optimized my treatment meds to get the best lining for transfer. He was compassionate and patient. I felt like he cared....I had trouble building a thick enough uterine lining. Dr Hesla recommended medications that helped, not just a cookie cutter protocol.
All of the nurses and staff at ORM [Oregon Reproductive Medicine] were well organized, patient, and compassionate...This clinic at the time was very competitively priced compared to clinics with similar success rates...Dr Hesla was very compassionate and very patient in explaining things. I felt like he cared.
How was your experience with John Hesla at ORM Fertility Oregon?
He is an expert. He optimized my treatment meds to get the best lining for transfer. He was compassionate and patient. I felt like he cared.
Make sure and share any concerns directly with him. He listens and will try to do his best for you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility Oregon.
All of the nurses and staff at ORM were well organized, patient, and compassionate
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
This is a top notch clinic!
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Hesla at ORM Fertility Oregon.
2015, Successful
Dr Hesla is very responsive and empathetic. He is also understanding and never makes you feel bad for asking questions. His demeanor made my experience with fertility treatment as pleasant as possible considering the circumstances!
Dr Hesla [of Oregon Reproductive Medicine] is very responsive and empathetic. He is also understanding and never makes you feel bad for asking questions. His demeanor made my experience with fertility treatment as pleasant as possible considering the circumstances!
How was your experience with John Hesla at ORM Fertility Oregon?
Very compassionate, patient and informative
Communication is excellent and prompt

2016, Unknown Success
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Only one visit with him [Dr. John Hesla at Oregon Reproductive Medicine] so far but very impressed with his compassion and honesty...3k for FET...Great price and success rates
How was your experience with John Hesla at ORM Fertility Oregon?
Only one visit with him so far but very impressed with his compassion and homesty
Go for it
Not rushed
Not yet drcided
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at ORM Fertility Oregon.
Only met once but very knowledgeable
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
Great price and success rates
3k for FET
Portland Westside

2020, Consult
So far, I have only had a new patient/phone consultation with Dr Hesla. I have a very complex medical history and [he] took the time to ask questions, show concern and freely provide his opinion on how my health conditions could impact fertility treatment...Given my age and past medical history, [he] was open to transferring multiple embryos.
[ORM Fertility] stengths - very organized, responsive, great online portal for accessing records, communicating with staff and educational content weaknesses...Dr Hesla took the time to ask questions, show concern and freely provide his opinion on how my health conditions could impact fertility treatment. I felt I was in very capable hands after speaking with [him]. Unfortunately, due to Covid-19, my fertility treatment has been put on hold.
How was your experience with John Hesla at ORM Fertility Oregon?
So far, I have only had a new patient/phone consultation with Dr Hesla. I have a very complex medical history and Dr Hesla took the time to ask questions, show concern and freely provide his opinion on how my health conditions could impact fertility treatment. I felt I was in very capable hands after speaking with Dr Hesla. Unfortunately, due to Covid-19, my fertility treatment has been put on hold.
Ask any and all questions you have. Dr Hesla is very willing to answer them.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
stengths - very organized, responsive, great online portal for accessing records, communicating with staff and educational content weaknesses - none so far as I am still in early phases of fertility treatment
Given my age and past medical history Dr Hesla was open to transferring multiple embryos.

2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr Hesla is very compassionate from the start. I like his warm tones durning our discussion. He elaborates our situation very patiently and lists all the possible path forwards and helps us make an informed decision...when [his] nurses send you a message, you will get a notification (by text or email) immediately but you can't access the message until 30 minutes later.
overall ORM is a good clinic. want to point out their IT system needs an upgrade. I noticed that when nurses send you a message, you will get a notification (by text or email) immediately but you can't access the message until 30 minutes later. I was very annoyed by this since you know the result is out but you simply can't access it.
donor package (egg retrieval cost) 10500
What specific things went wrong at ORM Fertility Oregon?