John Jacobson

Loma Linda University

Medical SchoolLoma Linda U.
ResidencyLoma Linda U.
Loma Linda
11370 Anderson Street
Loma Linda, CA 92354
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend John Jacobson to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Loma Linda University to a friend?
2013 - 2014
I appreciated that he [Dr. Jacobson] did not push or encourage more aggressive interventions (as one of his colleagues did on the day that I saw him), as he truly believed that my husband and I would be able to conceive using oral ovulation induction + timed intercourse
2013 - 2014
How was your experience with John Jacobson at Loma Linda University?
Dr. Jacobson was level-headed, incredibly calm, and very reassuring. He was patient, answered all of my questions, and made me feel at ease. I appreciated that he did not push or encourage more aggressive interventions (as one of his colleagues did on the day that I saw him), as he truly believed that my husband and I would be able to conceive using oral ovulation induction + timed intercourse (I did not believe this to be true). Of course, he was right, and I am so thankful that he encouraged me to stay the course. I felt well taken care of.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Jacobson at Loma Linda University?
Ask your questions, voice your doubts, trust his answers.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Jacobson at Loma Linda University?
Dr. Jacobson was incredibly professional and very, very kind. I lived in a different region than my husband during treatment, had a very stressful job, and was having a difficult time coming to terms with my diagnosis and need for fertility treatment. Dr. Jacobson addressed these concerns and asked me how I was feeling whenever we met. He made me feel incredibly comfortable and it was obvious that he truly cared about his patients.
Describe the protocols John Jacobson used in your cycles at Loma Linda University and their degree of success.
Standard Clomid protocol, switched to Femara due to thinner lining on Clomid, then standard protocol of Femara x 4 with 21 day progesterone. He modified the day/time frame that my husband and I should plan for intercourse based on my progesterone results each month. This worked!
I did not feel a strong connection with any of the nurses. I rarely spoke to them, unless they were taking vitals prior to my visit (this was generally done by MAs) or relaying my progesterone results.
Describe your experience with Loma Linda University.
I have to say that I very much disliked the front desk staff. The check-in/waiting room was very small, so you could hear everyone's information when they were checking in. It did not help that the front desk staff was quite loud. Furthermore, at each visit I had to explain why the visit would be covered by my insurance as I was still in the process of work-up. This was a pain!
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Jacobson at Loma Linda University.
Each clinic visit was approx $200-400 (depending on ultrasound)
John Jacobson