Medical SchoolUSC
ResidencyUCLA
FellowshipUCLA
10 Congress Street, Suite 200
Pasadena, CA 91105
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend John Kuo to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend IVF Fertility Center to a friend?
He [Dr. Kuo] is patient and dedicated and treats every patient as well as his family. He has a clear and decisive mind... he will explain clearly, give the patient respect...will try his best to complete the treatment for the patient with the least cost. He is really a conscience doctor and he is bent on helping the patient. I am very grateful to Dr. Kuo and his team for helped me to be pregnant with twins. Now I am ten weeks pregnant! I really recommend Dr. Kuo to you who wants to do IVF.
How was your experience with John Kuo at IVF Fertility Center?
Dr. Kuo is very professional in fertility treatment of IVF. He is patient and dedicated and treats every patient as well as his family. He has a clear and decisive mind, treatment skills, so that you will not feel pain at all, and he will give the appropriate treatment according to different patients, he will explain clearly, give the patient respect and self-selection. He start from the first time The new patient's face to face talks, until the patient's ten weeks of pregnancy. All the examinations and OB are handled by him personally. He will also give him his telephone contact and Wetchat for you. When you have any questions, you can contact Dr. Kuo very quick and he will reply to you as soon as possible. Dr. Kuo's medical team is very professional and good service so that you will not feel strange and nervous there. In addition, Mr. Kuo( Dr. Kuo's father)is responsible for teaching injections and taking medicine, he is very patient and responsible. And he is very humorous, knows how to soothe patient emotions and give encouragement! In particular, Dr. Kuo's treatment costs are very reasonable, and Dr. Kuo will try his best to complete the treatment for the patient with the least cost. He is really a conscience doctor and he is bent on helping the patient. I am very grateful to Dr. Kuo and his team for helped me to be pregnant with twins. Now I am ten weeks pregnant! I really recommend Dr. Kuo to you who wants to do IVF. Dr. Kuo is the right doctor for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Kuo at IVF Fertility Center?
They are patient
Describe your experience with IVF Fertility Center.
The clinic is Clean, comfortable, warm and porfession! There has big waiting room and Dr. Kuo's certificates all showed on the wall! There are two bright and spacious inspection rooms, which are the most advanced inspection equipment. They also have their own laboratory.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Kuo did a maximum dosage antagonist stim cycle resulting in 43 eggs! Amazing for a 39 year old.... What I loved the most about his clinic is that he personally does all the ultrasounds and calls with the lab results himself. He also carefully reviews the medications you are on and double checks for any errors...He is clinically sound, brilliant, accessible and always has your best interests in mind...He used a medicated vs. a natural cycle to ensure more exact control over the window of implantation.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with John Kuo at IVF Fertility Center?
Dr. Kuo is hands down the best doctor I've ever had. He completely exceeded my expectations in every way. I had consults with ten REs before choosing Dr. Kuo, and it was the best decision I made all year. He is like a concierge doctor with reasonable prices. He goes above and beyond to make sure that you have success. He's honest and truly wants the best for you. He works around the clock so that you can have your baby miracle. What I loved the most about his clinic is that he personally does all the ultrasounds and calls with the lab results himself. He also carefully reviews the medications you are on and double checks for any errors. You will never have to worry about any of those horror stories happening at his clinic. He is a perfectionist, and it shows! I am clinically phobic of needles to the point where I put off IVF for years because of it. However Dr. Kuo made me feel so at ease and made it possible for me to undergo IVF even with such an intense phobia. He did some of the blood draws himself, and I was able to get my IVF injections done at his office which really eased a lot of my fears and concerns. Where are you going to find a doctor that cares so much and goes the extra mile? I will give you a few examples of how he completely surpassed my expectations: One time during my stims for egg retrieval, my estrogen levels came back way too low and so he had his office manager drive 45 minutes to meet me at the office on a Sunday evening to give me another injection. He will go above and beyond to make sure that you have the best possible outcome. Also, when no one wanted to run Zika tests on me when there was a scare in Pasadena, he was more than willing to do so to ease my fears. I run clinical trials for a living and read tons and tons of studies for work. So the one thing that made Dr. Kuo stand out above the rest of his colleagues for me was that he read the studies I sent him and gave me his personal opinion on them. That was the number one reason why I chose him to begin with. But then after I started treatment at his clinic, he blew me away with the exceptional care that I received every step of the way. Dr. Kuo is also a top notch surgeon and clinician. I had this one procedure done 7x at his office-- the endometrial biopsy. If you peruse Google like I do, you've probably read your share of stories on how painful that test can be and that the pain level is dependent on the skill level of the doctor. I am happy to report that the first time he was so gentle and quick that I didn't even know he finished the procedure! I never felt pain on any of the other 6 times either. He was very patient and reassuring at every procedure even with my high level of anxiety. I would trust Dr. Kuo with any surgeries or office procedures-- he is highly skilled! Too bad he can't perform my C-section! I also really liked the fact that he is extremely detail-oriented and thorough. He ordered a lot more tests than my friends received at other clinics and paid very close attention to all of the outcomes. He would make adjustments until everything was perfect. When I was 7 weeks pregnant I developed a subchorionic hemorrhage, and Dr. Kuo did everything he could to save our baby! He was calm, reassuring and took all the right actions to make sure the bleed did not cause a miscarriage. I'm happy to report that I'm twelve weeks pregnant now, and the bleed is gone! He was everything I wanted in a doctor, and I couldn’t have been more pleased with the care I received throughout the entire year. He is clinically sound, brilliant, accessible and always has your best interests in mind. I would highly recommend John Kuo MD PhD as an RE without reservation!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Kuo at IVF Fertility Center?
Book your appointment now! He has a 5 month waiting list at the moment!
Dr. Kuo pays attention to every detail in your chart and treats every case differently. It's very personalized care, and he is compassionate and caring as well. He doesn't see a high volume of patients on purpose, and everybody in the office will learn your name. You will feel warmly welcomed every time you go in, and you will feel as if you were a part of the IVF Fertility Clinic family.
Describe the protocols John Kuo used in your cycles at IVF Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Dr. Kuo did a maximum dosage antagonist stim cycle resulting in 43 eggs! Amazing for a 39 year old. He also added HGH to my cycle to increase egg quality. Other injections used were Follistim, Menopur and Cetritide. We triggered with Lupron and Novarel to decrease chances of OHSS and to make sure that the trigger would work. We did ICSI, PGS testing, assisted hatching and mitograde testing. The mitograde testing was very helpful for me, because 50% of my embryos were not mitograde normal, so we were able to make sure that we had an even higher success with the implantation ruling that out. We also did ERA testing to determine correct implantation window, and that was super helpful for me since I did not follow the Day 5 norm. My ERA testing showed that we should transfer on Day 6.5 instead. So for the medicated frozen embryo transfer, we transfered on Day 6.5, and it worked! He used a medicated vs. a natural cycle to ensure more exact control over the window of implantation.
They were fantastic in every way! Dr. Kuo's nurses were warm, helpful and efficient. His head nurse Eliana did most of my blood draws and injections, and she did a very good job. She really cared and was very supportive in my fertility journey. She also came at 10 PM at night to administer my trigger shot! When my husband wasn't able to accompany me on my visits, Dr. Kuo's nurses would hold my hand and ease my fears during procedures. On my 6th week ultrasound, all the nurses and the office manager were excited to celebrate alongside me-- It warmed my heart that they were all so vested in hearing my little girl's heartbeat! It was apparent that they all genuinely cared and wanted us to succeed. The nurses are great in sending you lab results, calling in prescriptions or anything else you need as well.
Describe your experience with IVF Fertility Center.
I wanted a solo practice, and all the perks that come along with that are present at this clinic! Everyone at the office is very warm and personable. It is a very well-run, super organized and efficient clinic. Also, it is VERY clean. I am a germaphobe, and the nurses spend a lot of time wiping down the entire room. I've been to many doctor's offices where they just do the minimum of changing that wax piece of paper that goes over the table. Thank goodness, the table, handles, probes, etc all get wiped down. Also I like that they use disposable speculums. Another great thing is that it's a new clinic, and everything is new! The ultrasound machine is state of the art and is probably one of the best that I've seen at all the fertility clinics I've been to. In this very dynamic field of fertility, it gave me a great security to know that they were incorporating the highest of technologies not only in their fertility testing, but they also went the extra mile for patients with their equipment and supplies.
Pasadena
Dr. Kuo takes personal interest and care with his patients. He is ALWAYS available. In fact, he gives his patients his personal cell phone should you have an questions or concerns...With Dr. Kuo, I saw him every single time, even after I got pregnant. When other doctors told me I should look into donor eggs, because of my high FSH and my age (42), Dr. Kuo didn't give up on me. And here I am, pregnant. He is the best!!!!!
How was your experience with John Kuo at IVF Fertility Center?
With other clinics I have been to, you meet the doctor and then see a nurse. If you're lucky that doctor will do the procedure. Or perhaps it will be his or her colleague or a nurse. Not what you expect. With Dr. Kuo, I saw him every single time, even after I got pregnant. When other doctors told me I should look into donor eggs, because of my high FSH and my age (42), Dr. Kuo didn't give up on me. And here I am, pregnant. He is the best!!!!!
Trust him. I put all my faith in him and let him make the decisions. He is the expert.
Dr. Kuo takes personal interest and care with his patients. He is ALWAYS available. In fact, he gives his patients his personal cell phone should you have an questions or concerns. He is the only doctor that I met with that does this. Everyone else, you call during office hours or perhaps a nurse will call you back if you're lucky.
I was on Gonal-F, Menopur, Omnitrope. I was told I had very minimal eggs and poor egg quality. I worked on that with diet (avocados daily), fish, acupuncture and herbs. I got my FSH from a 23 to 7. We retrieved 9 eggs, fertilized 6. :) Did I mention I am 42?
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Eliana Moreno)
I have very small, thin veins. She was the only one who could draw my blood and did it well! She was also extremely caring, knowledgable and concerned. I love her!
Describe your experience with IVF Fertility Center.
Parking - need to park up the road. But he is possibly moving offices to Pasadena from Beverly Hills.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Kuo at IVF Fertility Center.
He puts it plain and simpe on his website. www.ivffertilitycenter.com Affordable. A third less than everyone else! Its the medications that get you!
2 IVF, Donor Sperm
He [Dr. Kuo] did ever single ultrasound himself never used anyone else, he saw on 7 days a week even holidays if needed. He was honest and practical yet invested in our success. There was never any test or treatment considered too out of the box and we were always on the same page. If I had a question my email was answered that same day and no question was too small. He is a small practice where you are treated as a human and never a number or dollar sign...
2 IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with John Kuo at Valley Center?
He's a hardworking and diligent man who wants to see his clients succeed.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Kuo at Valley Center?
If you want to be treated as an individual with someone who oversees every aspect of your treatment then consult with him. He is heads above the areas mega clinics and often has far better success.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Kuo at Valley Center?
He was the hardest working man I've ever met. He did ever single ultrasound himself never used anyone else, he saw on 7 days a week even holidays if needed. He was honest and practical yet invested in our success. There was never any test or treatment considered too out of the box and we were always on the same page. If I had a question my email was answered that same day and no question was too small. He is a small practice where you are treated as a human and never a number or dollar sign. He is fair in all billing practices and will submit to insurance for you even tho he's out of pocket he works to get you covered.
Describe the protocols John Kuo used in your cycles at Valley Center and their degree of success.
Antagonist Only 2 weeks of less of birth control for most patients HGH if needed Endometrial biopsy not just a scratch RPL test with immune testing Era receptivity test
We even got one of his nurses to come to our house late on a Sunday night for a small fee to do our trigger shot cause we were afraid to mess it up. They were great with blood draws too!
Describe your experience with Valley Center.
I'd say a weakness is the office is shared with a plastic surgeon which is a little strange but I never saw a single plastic surgeon patient in the year and a half I was there. Other than that I received far better care than what I've heard from my friends in the area and all over the US. A wonderful clinic that is always looking to figure out how to safely get your pregnancy leaving no stone unturned.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Kuo at Valley Center.
All in around $10k plus meds which due to their telling me about discount programs I was able to get at lower cost
Valley Center
Sherman Oaks
Dr. Kuo is extremely detailed and thorough.... You never feel rushed or treated like a number. Patients are able to easily access their lab work and he goes over the results each time, himself. He's extremely cautious and will communicate the risks of what he's recommending.... To talk to him during your first visit on the timeline and what to expect, that was the only thing that was a bit unclear.
How was your experience with John Kuo at IVF Fertility Center?
Dr. Kuo is extremely detailed and thorough, much more than any other fertility doctor I've spoken to. You never feel rushed or treated like a number. Patients are able to easily access their lab work and he goes over the results each time, himself. He's extremely cautious and will communicate the risks of what he's recommending.
Dr. Kuo was also very professional and warm. He always took the time to speak with my husband and I, no matter how busy he was.
I had a very low AFC (6) and AMH so knew our chances for a successful IVF were not great. He initially treated me for hypothyroid and vitamin deficiencies (D3 and folate). I also had a hysteroscopy and plypectomy done before treatment, along with a 21-days of antibiotics. Began with Estradiol a week before menses. Started IVF on day 2 with Follistim, Gonal-F, Bravely, and Menopur. Added Ganirelix and Cetrotide on Day He was able to retrieve 4 eggs and 1 made it through the week but was abnormal (Mosaic Monosomy) so we never had a shot at implantation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Diana Tran)
Extremely warm, compassionate and professional.
Describe your experience with IVF Fertility Center.
Clinic is very clean with available street parking if you're willing to walk a few blocks. Staff is always warm and welcoming.
We paid approximately $23,000 for treatment (did not include any surgeries that needed to be conducted prior to IVF).
What specific things went wrong at IVF Fertility Center?
Pasadena
I've come to realize that not all doctors are equal, Dr. Kuo's great attention to detail, intricate planning, and meticulous execution make the world of difference. Not only is he intelligent and knowledgeable, most of all, he truly cares about his patients...I am now 10 weeks pregnant with a strong and healthy fetus. Thank you, Dr. Kuo!..
East Asian, Middle Eastern
How was your experience with John Kuo at IVF Fertility Center?
Dr. Kuo is truly an outstanding doctor in so many ways. I was diagnosed with PCOS, making my pregnancy particularly challenging. After years of seeing other fertility doctors, a friend recommended Dr. Kuo and it was one of the best things that happened in my life. I've come to realize that not all doctors are equal, Dr. Kuo's great attention to detail, intricate planning, and meticulous execution make the world of difference. Not only is he intelligent and knowledgeable, most of all, he truly cares about his patients. I am now 10 weeks pregnant with a strong and healthy fetus. Thank you, Dr. Kuo!