Medical SchoolU. of Alabama
ResidencyCarraway Methodist
719 Thompson Lane
Nashville, TN 37115
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend John Lucas to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 50%Don't recommend: 50%5
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Vanderbilt Center for Women's Health to a friend?
2013 - 2014
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
He [Dr John Lucas at Vanderbilt] looked me in the eye, respected my ability to know my own body and was kind and gentle through my 4th miscarriage. He stayed late to do an ultrasound when I was nervous with my successful pregnancy. Had a great sense of humor....I felt he truly knew what he was doing but explained things to me in a way that I could understand the doctor jargon. He was kind and not pushy. Respectful and genuinely got upset when he learned that other doctors had not pursued my issues earlier.
2013 - 2014
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
How was your experience with John Lucas at Vanderbilt Center for Women's Health?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Lucas at Vanderbilt Center for Women's Health?
Trust him and be thankful he's your doctor. He's the best there is.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Lucas at Vanderbilt Center for Women's Health?
He looked me in the eye, respected my ability to know my own body and was kind and gentle through my 4th miscarriage. He stayed late to do an ultrasound when I was nervous with my successful pregnancy. Had a great sense of humor.
Describe the protocols John Lucas used in your cycles at Vanderbilt Center for Women's Health and their degree of success.
He did extensive bloodwork which helped us figure out the issues. I have MTHFR which makes it difficult for my body to use folic acid (a true need during pregnancy). I remember Dr. Lucas actually getting his laptop and searching the right folate for me on the internet so I would know where to get the correct vitamin I needed to take (Methylated Folate). Also, he put me on progesterone for the first trimester since mine would tank each time around 6-7 weeks. I had weekly ultrasounds from week 7-13. Then he cleared me for general pregnancy treatment and got me hooked up with the practice I wanted to deliver my baby.
Loved them. When I got a good ultrasound, they would cheer with me and get me a special envelope to hold it in. They said they looked forward to my weekly visits and made me feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with Vanderbilt Center for Women's Health.
The ultrasound tech was AMAZING. I've had compliments on her ultrasounds from the early days. They are organized and helpful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Lucas at Vanderbilt Center for Women's Health.
$1500 for miscarriage d&c. A few $20 copays. All other costs factored into pregnancy/delivery through insurance.
2012 - 2013
One situation sums it up: He [Dr John Lucas] "diagnosed" me with PCOS after only running a few blood tests. No ultrasound to examine my ovaries either. He also forgot to give me this diagnosis. One day he casually mentions my PCOS and I tell him he never told me that before. He then proceeds to debate me on that point. I got a new doctor and I did not have PCOS at all.
2012 - 2013
One situation sums it up: He "diagnosed" me with PCOS after only running a few blood tests. No ultrasound to examine my ovaries either. He also forgot to give me this diagnosis. One day he casually mentions my PCOS and I tell him he never told me that before. He then proceeds to debate me on that point. I got a new doctor and I did not have PCOS at all.
Just don't go.
He never remembered anything about me. Every time I went in it was like meeting him for the first time again.
Threw me on clomid and that was that.
The nurses were great, I wish the doctor was up to their standards.
Describe your experience with Vanderbilt Center for Women's Health.
The clinic was fine, needs a new doctor that doesn't make infertility jokes.
What specific things went wrong at Vanderbilt Center for Women's Health?