4.8

address unknown
city, ON 00000
000-000-0000

2015, Unsuccessful
Dr. Malo is really a great provider. He was on his way to retirement when we saw him; so I think if we caught him sooner-we may have had better luck with our cycle. He did care for us, but I think we could have had a few more tests done to make our IVF cycle better.... took lupron, menopur, follistim & doxycycline as I recall, plus a trigger shot. I did need to extend the meds as they did not see enough eggs/eggs not mature enough. Eventually I was given the go ahead for retrieval. Dr. (not Malo, one of his partners) retrieved 14, 11 were mature. We thought this was great! Each day that passed in the lab, our numbers dwindled. We had two day 5 embryos come transfer day. Neither embryo implanted.
Nursing staff [at CRM] were SO COMPASSIONATE. They truly hoped success for us, through & through. We saw many of the nurses throughout our treatment cycle. They worked well together & no matter who we were working with, they had knowledge about our cycle.... The clinic environment was very nice & welcoming. The front desk staff could be a little more friendly. At times I didn't feel comfortable checking in or making future appts because I felt like they didn't really care to help. CRM has a free info session, which was so nice to do, before going to our first real RE appt.
How was your experience with John Malo at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Malo at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Do your research. Be proactive. Be your own advocate!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Malo at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
We know CRM runs a busy clinic; but it seemed like we were shuffled through like a herd every visit. We didn't like that Dr. Malo was not involved in our transfer/retrieval. There was no consistency.
Describe the protocols John Malo used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
Dr. Malo had reason to believe his routine/common IVF protocol would work for us, with ICSI. I took lupron, menopur, follistim & doxycycline as I recall, plus a trigger shot. I did need to extend the meds as they did not see enough eggs/eggs not mature enough. Eventually I was given the go ahead for retrieval. Dr. (not Malo, one of his partners) retrieved 14, 11 were mature. We thought this was great! Each day that passed in the lab, our numbers dwindled. We had two day 5 embryos come transfer day. Neither embryo implanted.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Nursing staff were SO COMPASSIONATE. They truly hoped success for us, through & through. We saw many of the nurses throughout our treatment cycle. They worked well together & no matter who we were working with, they had knowledge about our cycle.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Malo at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
All in all for Dr. Malo, about $13,000.00 For meds, about $2,000
Describe John Malo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
From our experience CRM was open to what we felt comfortable with.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Dr. Malo should have done more testing on my thyroid. I truly believe if we looked at this aspect more in depth, we may have had better end results.
John Malo
Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota
Minneapolis

2014, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Malo] was OK. Factual and pleasant enough but cut my husband off a few times on questions and would consider bedside manner so-so...Trust his knowledge and skillset, but manner is a bit cold and clinical. Wasn't as aggressive as we were hoping. Painted us a fairly bleak picture. This was our first of 3 REs and to be blunt, wish we had moved on after our first (ehhh) meeting as we liked the docs and clinics at 2 and 3 better.
Main beef was that I IDID have insurance with infertility coverage, this office [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] just didn't want to accept it so it was all out of pocket...Facilities quite nice...Didn't really amp things up round 2 after lackluster results round one, which was odd (and we did question it at the time with him [Dr. Malo])...Don't recall much [about the nurses]. Nice enough but seemed to forget our info unless papers right there.
He's knowledgeable and skillful but not the warmest dude you'll ever meet.
He was OK. Factual and pleasant enough but cut my husband off a few times on questions and would consider bedside manner so-so
Bravelle for sure and can't recall the rest. Didn't really amp things up round 2 after lackluster results round one, which was odd (and we did question it at the time with him)
Don't recall much. Nice enough but seemed to forget our info unless papers right there.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Facilities quite nice. Didn't accept our insurance (which DID have IVF coverage...they just didn't accept it!). Just so-so. If you are not feeling it after your first meeting here, move on quickly. This was 2015 and now there are even more clinics to choose from.
Don't recall IUI costs exactly; want to say around $5K? Main beef was that I IDID have insurance with infertility coverage, this office just didn't want to accept it so it was all out of pocket. Boooooo
John Malo